Jump to topic:

Matthew

Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 12:32:29 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
No I won't get into an obvious skeptic prediction about 'climate change' and increased veracity and occurrence of hurricanes. That being said, who thinks this will be a doozy for the space coast and Carolinas? Let's hope not.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 1:20:27 PM
At 10/7/2016 12:32:29 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
No I won't get into an obvious skeptic prediction about 'climate change' and increased veracity and occurrence of hurricanes. That being said, who thinks this will be a doozy for the space coast and Carolinas? Let's hope not.

oh crap thought this was the religion forum and somehow there was a tie in to the storm lol
What I find interesting is the area who have had bad storms before, always seem to scramble, buy everything at the last minute rather than always being prepared, guess it's a human condition. I would have stuff to cover my windows etc but you always see people with skill saws cutting plywood, you'd think they would just have that already.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:13:53 PM
At 10/7/2016 1:20:27 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

oh crap thought this was the religion forum and somehow there was a tie in to the storm lol
What I find interesting is the area who have had bad storms before, always seem to scramble, buy everything at the last minute rather than always being prepared, guess it's a human condition. I would have stuff to cover my windows etc but you always see people with skill saws cutting plywood, you'd think they would just have that already.

Complacency... the US mainland hasn't been hit in 10 years (sandy wasn't technically a hurricane).
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 2:38:41 PM
At 10/7/2016 2:13:53 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Complacency... the US mainland hasn't been hit in 10 years (sandy wasn't technically a hurricane).

guess the 'preppers" aren't looking so crazy anymore hehe some are proactive
https://providentliving.lds.org...
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2016 4:29:08 PM
At 10/7/2016 2:38:41 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 10/7/2016 2:13:53 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

guess the 'preppers" aren't looking so crazy anymore hehe some are proactive
https://providentliving.lds.org...=

Some may go a little overboard but an ounce of prevention...

Just my observation: society is just to observant of 'what the other person is doing'.