Caramel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 4:08:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.stumbleupon.com...

The Universe is a phantasm.

I can't remember reading an article as interesting as this. Do any of you scientists have any comments about whether that is indeed true that particles "10 B LY apart... instantaneously communicate?"

"The electrons in a carbon atom in the human brain are connected to the subatomic particles that comprise every salmon that swims, every heart that beats, and every star that shimmers in the sky. Everything interpenetrates everything, and although human nature may seek to categorize and pigeonh*** and subdivide, the various phenomena of the universe, all apportionments are of necessity artificial and all of nature is ultimately a seamless web."
- Is this how you would interpret these findings?

"An impressive body of evidence suggests that the brain uses holographic principles to perform its operations."
- This makes logical sense to me... The brain is thought to be so unfathomably complex, and that doesn't seem to obey the laws of physics because complex things tend to be the most susceptible to entropy, yet there the brain is and we don't know what the bajeezus is holding it together. Diligence must be channeled towards changing our perspective toward the brain and not simply collecting more data within our current paradigm.

"We are really "receivers" floating through a kaleidoscopic sea of frequency, and what we extract from this sea and transmogrify into physical reality is but one channel from many extracted out of the superhologram."
- Superhologram=God?
no comment
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2011 4:16:24 PM
At 1/18/2011 4:11:14 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 1/18/2011 4:08:11 PM, Caramel wrote:
- Superhologram=God?

That would be Pantheism.

Well pantheism suggests god and nature are identical, while panentheism posits that god exists within every aspect and realm of nature, and timelessly extends beyond as well.

To the OP: Interesting article; I'm going out now but I will read more on it later. I saw some excellent TV specials on this too. I'll try to pull up on my DVR when I go home and post em here. They're on the Science/Discovery-ish channels.
President of DDO
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 1:40:48 AM
Eh it's not really predictive, nor testable and based on a few weird QM and sense -perception interpretations.

Oh and psychics are seen as a 'proof' of the model so ... yeah. Very underwhelming.

Also not to be confused with the holographic principle - which deals with blackholes. Also not to be confused with actual holograms. It's an analogy.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 1:46:27 AM
At 1/18/2011 4:08:11 PM, Caramel wrote:
"We are really "receivers" floating through a kaleidoscopic sea of frequency, and what we extract from this sea and transmogrify into physical reality is but one channel from many extracted out of the superhologram."
- Superhologram=God?

That's the sort of bs that makes no one take it seriously. It's about dealing with reduced dimensions in space.

http://www.scientificamerican.com...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 1:49:13 AM
Old news. I've been sayin this for years.

http://www.debate.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 1:55:17 AM
At 1/19/2011 1:49:13 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

There is the mathematical blackhole > string theory mathematics version and the New Agey zomg consciousness latest woo® craze version. I see which one you chose. :P
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2011 11:38:25 AM
At 1/19/2011 1:49:13 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

http://www.debate.org...

You say everything, every belief that the new age industry creates you belief with absolute faith. You were bound to be right about something at some point, you are still a sandwich short of a full picnic though.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 6:35:41 AM
So the suggestion we live in the matrix is stupid, but the suggestion we live in a holographic universe is plausible.................right

Think ill go with the matrix.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2011 8:19:25 PM
At 4/12/2011 6:35:41 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
So the suggestion we live in the matrix is stupid, but the suggestion we live in a holographic universe is plausible.................right

We probably live in a holographic matrix.
kfc
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 12:16:44 AM
At 4/12/2011 8:19:25 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

too obvious. clearly we live in a marble and the andromedians are are playing with us as we speak.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:48:31 PM
At 4/13/2011 12:16:44 AM, belle wrote:

too obvious. clearly we live in a marble and the andromedians are are playing with us as we speak.

Men in Black rip-off!
kfc
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 11:02:19 PM

That would never happen. The Andromedans sided with humanity. Also, it's not a marble, it's a miniverse that we live in. Albeit, a holographic miniverse.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 12:53:19 AM
At 4/13/2011 10:48:31 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Men in Black rip-off!

yes to counter the matrix.

and geo you can't be serious. lol
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:32:49 AM
At 4/14/2011 12:53:19 AM, belle wrote:
At 4/13/2011 10:48:31 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Men in Black rip-off!

yes to counter the matrix.

Oh I was slow on that one.

and geo you can't be serious. lol
kfc
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:36:19 AM
The physics analogy to holography is a proposed solution to a theoretical problem of information loss in black holes. There have been some programs on the Science Channel explaining it. I don't understand it.

The brain acting "like a hologram" is a different use of the analogy. It means that much of the information in a brain is stored in a way that is distributed, so that losing a piece of the brain does not necessarily destroy all of the information as one might expect.

Mumbo jumbo is heaped on both to achieve New Age incoherence in the usual way.