Jump to topic:

Vitamin C effectiveness

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2016 4:50:58 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
(No pseudoscience people in this thread please)

So, as a lot of you may know, the medical community is often very divided over what benefits vitamin C has and whether they are worthe consuming above the the average dietary intake. Where do you stand in this debate and why?

Personally, I'm not to sure, other than that vitamin C seems to help with cold symptoms and improves the number of lymphocytes in the body.
Meh!
RainbowDash52
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 12:59:41 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Vitamin C does a lot more than prevent colds. It boosts your immune system to help your body fight of diseases in general. Also vitamin C is also great for dental hygiene, since it can help fight off gum disease, and your body needs vitamin C to synthesize collagen needed to restore tooth enamel.

I used to have chronic teeth pain and cavities that formed unusually quickly despite brushing my teeth regularly. Even after getting my cavities filled by a dentist, my teeth continued to hurt. I then took 5 grams of vitamin C and overnight my teeth pain significantly reduced. Since then I continued to take vitamin C regularly , and my teeth no longer hurt and I haven't gotten another cavity since.

I personally would recommend taking 500 milligrams of vitamin C per day for maintaining good health, and increasing the dose if you are feeling sick, injured, or stressed.
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:22:36 AM
Posted: 4 weeks ago
Vitamin C is important for the body because it is an antioxidant, which prevents the body tissues to damage, or even repair them. But I don't think it would prevent the cold symptoms.

What really draws my attention to vitamin C is that in high doses, commonly in injections, could kill cancerous cells (or tissues). I was once prescribed to take this high-dose vitamin C in injections, after going through a surgery process, in order to heal faster, I mean heal the surgical wound. During the procedure, I have met people who have cancer and were prescribed the same. They said they were getting better. According to scientists, it is possible to cure cancer with vitamin C.

I almost forget, vitamin C also prevents the skin from aging. Celebrities usually get shots all of the time so they don't get older. These bastards...

Best Regards
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:26:20 AM
At 11/6/2016 12:59:41 AM, RainbowDash52 wrote:
Vitamin C does a lot more than prevent colds. It boosts your immune system to help your body fight of diseases in general. Also vitamin C is also great for dental hygiene, since it can help fight off gum disease, and your body needs vitamin C to synthesize collagen needed to restore tooth enamel.

I used to have chronic teeth pain and cavities that formed unusually quickly despite brushing my teeth regularly. Even after getting my cavities filled by a dentist, my teeth continued to hurt. I then took 5 grams of vitamin C and overnight my teeth pain significantly reduced. Since then I continued to take vitamin C regularly , and my teeth no longer hurt and I haven't gotten another cavity since.

I personally would recommend taking 500 milligrams of vitamin C per day for maintaining good health, and increasing the dose if you are feeling sick, injured, or stressed.
Ehhh.... I wouldn't recommend more that 500mg, it could cause diarrea or constipation. But you are right when you say that increaing the dose can help. But no oral intake, it is better to get a shot of vitamin C, directly to the veins.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 2:43:31 AM
At 11/7/2016 1:26:20 AM, Archaholic wrote:

Ehhh.... I wouldn't recommend more that 500mg, it could cause diarrea or constipation. But you are right when you say that increaing the dose can help. But no oral intake, it is better to get a shot of vitamin C, directly to the veins.

It's pretty hard to overdose on Vitamin C at least, it's water soluble rather than fat soluble so it passes out more easily
Meh!
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 3:07:03 AM
At 11/7/2016 2:43:31 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 11/7/2016 1:26:20 AM, Archaholic wrote:

It's pretty hard to overdose on Vitamin C at least, it's water soluble rather than fat soluble so it passes out more easily
Yes, sure. What I was referring to the way of taking vitamin C. The stomach cannot handle so much vitamin C, so the oral intake should be limited to just 500mg per day. If it is needed more than that, for example 25g per day (in extreme diseases), it is recommended to take it via an injection.

BR