Jump to topic:

What is your Creationism Index?

distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 2:51:08 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I have decided to create something called the creationist index. I will list some creationist beliefs, or some beliefs related to creationism, or that I see commonly associated with creationists on this forum.

You add a point for every belief that you have. There are 15 points possible. Please tell us how many points you got and what points you were positive on.

If you believe God had a hand in evolution or the creation of life, add a point.
If you believe that God had a hand in the origin or development of the universe, add a point.
If you don't believe in the big bang, add a point.
If you don't believe in stellar or planetary formation, add a point.
If you believe abiogenesis or a naturalistic origin of life is impossible, add a point.
If you don't believe in Darwin's theory of evolution and common descent add a point.
If you believe that the earth is thousands of years old or you believe that conventional dating methods are wrong, add a point.
If you believe in the literal Garden of Eden story or the literal Noah's flood, add a point.
If you believe that some of the evidence for evolution have been fabricated or that valid dissenting ideas against evolution have been suppressed by a scientific conspiracy, add a point.
If you don't believe in natural selection or micro-evolution then add a point.
If you don't believe in parts of the the scientific method like generating predictions from scientific methods and confirming them by seeing if the predictions come true, add a point.
If you believe dinosaur bones are fabricated or God put them there, then add a point.
If you believe in a flat earth or that the earth revolves around the sun, add a point.
If you don't believe in other parts of commonly accepted science like the theory of relativity, Newton's theory of gravity, atomic theory, then add a point.
distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 2:55:01 AM
Bonus questions:
If you generally mistrust science or the scientific community, add a point.
If you believe a large part of the scientists are actually creationists then add a point.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 10:02:18 AM
At 11/7/2016 2:51:08 AM, distraff wrote:
I have decided to create something called the creationist index. I will list some creationist beliefs, or some beliefs related to creationism, or that I see commonly associated with creationists on this forum.

You add a point for every belief that you have. There are 15 points possible. Please tell us how many points you got and what points you were positive on.

If you believe God had a hand in evolution or the creation of life, add a point.
If you believe that God had a hand in the origin or development of the universe, add a point.
If you believe abiogenesis or a naturalistic origin of life is impossible, add a point.
If you don't believe in Darwin's theory of evolution and common descent add a point.
If you believe that the earth is thousands of years old or you believe that conventional dating methods are wrong, add a point.
If you believe in the literal Garden of Eden story or the literal Noah's flood, add a point.
If you believe that some of the evidence for evolution have been fabricated or that valid dissenting ideas against evolution have been suppressed by a scientific conspiracy, add a point.
If you don't believe in parts of the the scientific method like generating predictions from scientific methods and confirming them by seeing if the predictions come true, add a point.
If you believe dinosaur bones are fabricated or God put them there, then add a point.
If you believe in a flat earth or that the earth revolves around the sun, add a point.
If you don't believe in other parts of commonly accepted science like the theory of relativity, Newton's theory of gravity, atomic theory, then add a point.

+1
See bolding above.

No bonus points. :-(
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2016 1:39:09 PM

Given this recent complaint:

http://www.debate.org...

How can you make such a provocative post? First those with creation oriented beliefs are reprimanded for posting about this in the Science forum, then shortly afterwards we're asked to discuss our beliefs where? in the Science forum!
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 1:22:41 AM

I got a 1, but I suppose "earth revolves around the sun" was meant to say "sun revolves around the earth."

Either way, this was an awesome, accurate list.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 3:00:33 AM

Total points: 0.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 11:24:46 AM
At 11/8/2016 3:00:33 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

Total points: 0.

What does the Earth orbit then?
Annnaxim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 5:06:19 PM
At 11/8/2016 11:24:46 AM, dee-em wrote:

Well, nothing, since it's at the center of everything.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2016 10:38:03 PM
At 11/8/2016 5:06:19 PM, Annnaxim wrote:
At 11/8/2016 11:24:46 AM, dee-em wrote:

Well, nothing, since it's at the center of everything.

Of course!
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 12:08:42 AM
At 11/7/2016 10:02:18 AM, dee-em wrote:

+1
See bolding above.

I got exactly the same score and the same hit in bolding above.

I wonder if Distraff meant it the other way round?

I wonder if any of the Fifteeners here will own up?

Great index, Distraff. Well done This will make you famous, sort of.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 12:57:17 AM
It's obvious the question was supposed to be "Sun goes around the Earth", since it immediately follows whether the Earth is flat. We should treat it as that.
distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 7:42:47 PM
At 11/7/2016 10:02:18 AM, dee-em wrote:

+1
See bolding above.

I meant the sun going around the earth. And thanks to my error I got a +1 on my own creationist index.

Just for the fun of it lets just leave the earth going around the sun question as is.
distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2016 7:46:22 PM
At 11/7/2016 1:39:09 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Given this recent complaint:

http://www.debate.org...

How can you make such a provocative post? First those with creation oriented beliefs are reprimanded for posting about this in the Science forum, then shortly afterwards we're asked to discuss our beliefs where? in the Science forum!

I referenced a lot of scientific ideas in my post in fact and only 4 questions out of 17 questions reference religion.

Personally I believe that creationism is about both science and religion and is appropriate in both the science and religion forums and we often see it in both.