Jump to topic:

Are Uninhabitable Planets of any use to Human

KaulDeva
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2016 12:21:26 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
Are Uninhabitable Planets , Waste of Space , Time , Matter and Energy ?

How can we Utilize such stuff ?

Can Mercury provide us anything other than help in predicting the Life of a human ^_^ Venus Goddess of beauty turned out hot as Hell ^_^ Jupiter which has enormous Whether issues , how can it be a use to us . I read its mainly Hydrogen and Helium . Can Jupiter become a source of life , like Sun , for its Moons . Traditionally Jupiter is linked with Wisdom but scientifically it can be our Energy source <>_<>

Are such planets , of any use to Humans ?
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 6:25:11 AM
At 11/22/2016 12:21:26 PM, KaulDeva wrote:

Can Mercury provide us anything other than help in predicting the Life of a human ^_^ Venus Goddess of beauty turned out hot as Hell ^_^ Jupiter which has enormous Whether issues , how can it be a use to us . I read its mainly Hydrogen and Helium . Can Jupiter become a source of life , like Sun , for its Moons . Traditionally Jupiter is linked with Wisdom but scientifically it can be our Energy source <>_<>

Uninhabitable planets within our solar system may be used as a potential trash site; the acids will most likely dissolve almost all of our waste products. This is why venturing into space and making rapid progress towards the colonization of mars remains the best option to cure all of humanity's problems.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 7:16:18 AM
At 11/23/2016 6:25:11 AM, Nivek wrote:

Uninhabitable planets within our solar system may be used as a potential trash site; the acids will most likely dissolve almost all of our waste products. This is why venturing into space and making rapid progress towards the colonization of mars remains the best option to cure all of humanity's problems.

You really believe that horse sh!t?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 6:22:06 PM
I see a trend in astronomy which seems to be eliminating the term "uninhabitable" altogether. Every planet seems to have a unique ability to harbor life, in theory.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2016 10:43:17 PM
At 11/23/2016 6:22:06 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I see a trend in astronomy which seems to be eliminating the term "uninhabitable" altogether. Every planet seems to have a unique ability to harbor life, in theory.

Yeah, but you need a real kick-a55 A/C on Venus.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 5:34:06 AM

Sure. We'll need them for raw materials when we build a Dyson sphere around the Sun.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2016 8:08:54 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
At 11/25/2016 5:34:06 AM, dee-em wrote:

Sure. We'll need them for raw materials when we build a Dyson sphere around the Sun.

I have a hard time believing there is enough material in the planets to do so. It would have to come from the kuiper belt and oort cloud.

With that said, man it sure doesn't look like we are making much progress towards that. I mean, imagine telling an ambitious fellow like yourself right after the moon-landing that by 2020 we wouldn't even have returned to the moon, NEVERMIND explored out farther. By now, I think most people were hoping for trade routes between solar systems!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2016 11:04:17 PM
At 11/25/2016 8:08:54 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I have a hard time believing there is enough material in the planets to do so. It would have to come from the kuiper belt and oort cloud.

With that said, man it sure doesn't look like we are making much progress towards that. I mean, imagine telling an ambitious fellow like yourself right after the moon-landing that by 2020 we wouldn't even have returned to the moon, NEVERMIND explored out farther. By now, I think most people were hoping for trade routes between solar systems!

I didn't give a timeframe. We need space elevators first before such exploration can become commercially viable. I think we are many centuries away from colonizing the planets (Mars), moons (Luna and Europa) and the asteroid belt of our own solar system. Anything more is probably a multiple of that away.

Have you seen "The Expanse" on Netflix?
GrimlyF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 3:21:30 AM
At 11/26/2016 11:04:17 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 11/25/2016 8:08:54 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I didn't give a timeframe. We need space elevators first before such exploration can become commercially viable. I think we are many centuries away from colonizing the planets (Mars), moons (Luna and Europa) and the asteroid belt of our own solar system. Anything more is probably a multiple of that away.

Have you seen "The Expanse" on Netflix?

"We need space elevators". At last a kindred spirit!!!. With such a machine ( first mooted by Arthur C. Clark about 50yrs ago) space becomes a true new frontier. No more rockets with their limited payloads at huge expense. We could build habitats, laboratories and manufactories, we could build ships capable of reaching the asteroid belt and mining the ores, minerals and importantly water we need for colonisation of planets like Mars and also the many moons in our System. The fabrication of an Elevator has been feasible for decades but of course politics stymies the project.
See the happy moron: he doesn't give a damn:I wish I were a moron:My God! perhaps I am!. Anonymous.