Jump to topic:

Things we don't have yet

TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2016 9:51:24 PM
Posted: 1 week ago
Okay. So a long time ago (too lazy to look at the exact dates) people thought that flies came from meat. Now, we know that flies come from other flies.
Once upon a time, people didn't have internet. Now we have internet.

What are some things that seem far fetched now that you think future people will look back at us and go "I can't believe they didn't have/ know that." ?
Obviously, you can quote me on that. I just said it. -Tony Stark
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2016 4:49:05 AM
At 11/29/2016 9:51:24 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
Okay. So a long time ago (too lazy to look at the exact dates) people thought that flies came from meat. Now, we know that flies come from other flies.

What are some things that seem far fetched now that you think future people will look back at us and go "I can't believe they didn't have/ know that." ?

A portable fusion reactor.
Annnaxim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 8:19:35 AM

An interesting question.
Ten years ago, if anyone had told me about Smartphones, I would have laughed out loud.

This month's Scientific American has an article entitled: 10 Ideas that will Change the World.
Things I find especially fascinating among the items, include:
- Batteries that consume carbon
- Blood tests as cheap as a piece of paper.
- The (unhackable) Quantum Intermet
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 9:21:46 AM
Posted: 5 days ago

A verified grand unified theory.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 11:33:43 AM
In the future people might not believe we had breathable air for free and animals outside zoos, or that there were people who didn't believe in Allah.
Annnaxim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 1:34:48 PM
At 12/3/2016 11:33:43 AM, keithprosser wrote:
...or that there were people who didn't believe in Allah.
You mean YOU don't believe in Allah?
His wrath will descend upon you.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 3:10:56 PM
At 12/3/2016 1:34:48 PM, Annnaxim wrote:
At 12/3/2016 11:33:43 AM, keithprosser wrote:
...or that there were people who didn't believe in Allah.
You mean YOU don't believe in Allah?
His wrath will descend upon you.

I say truthfully that I do not fear I will feel Allah's wrath; for my belief is strong and unwavering. But I have heard rumours there are one or two infidels around...
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 4:44:44 PM

An education system that works.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 8:33:45 PM
At 12/3/2016 4:44:44 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

An education system that works.

but will we ever have that?
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 9:09:34 PM

Holograms...yes please

Home based energy systems are cool for me to think about.

Air Conditioners - They use energy to reduce the net energy in a room...what? Something better is inevitable given time.

Abortion is going to come to a common consensus in the future and will seem more obvious in future generations.

In America, we have massive issues with our prison systems ability to reintroduce people back to society....Its also massively overpopulated.

If you live in a poor community right now, your school will receive less funding in many places...

We currently make most of our cars out of steel, and then salt frozen water to keep their tires secured to the road....What a brilliant system.

Anti-Gravity and force field concepts are awesome to think about.

Our Medicinal Practices are still primitive and have a host of problems and mysteries

Chemical-Practical energy is unnecessarily complex and inefficient in many applications

Less Lethal measures will catch up in effectiveness to conventional guns, and surpass them

Water Conservation will hold a lot of new approaches and technologies

I feel like ever lasting grass that doesn't need mowing would be lucrative and awesome.

Integrated home management systems will come along, maybe not as big as the Toilet and indoor plumbing, but I imagine they will be quite nice.

'Nano' Spy bots are something that crosses my mind occasionally as well.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 9:22:06 PM

How to live together in peace and harmony.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 9:35:40 PM
At 12/3/2016 9:22:06 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

I don't think that's going to happen ever.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2016 9:42:28 PM

I was thinking that same thing....One should hope
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Annnaxim
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2016 8:16:04 AM
Posted: 4 days ago
At 12/3/2016 9:35:40 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

I don't think that's going to happen ever.
I think we're well on the way.

We must keep trying.