Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Conspiracy theorists...

PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:29:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
... are stupid. Post some half-baked theories purported by the paranoid and delusional.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
interrogator
Posts: 1,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:36:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Paradigm. You are wrong. The delusion comes with those who fail to acknowledge common sense. That trumps all forms of logic. You may not
believe because you do not wish to, just like the next guy. That keeps your
status neutral at best. But unless the truth comes out, as it always does.
Then you should ask yourself. Why do I Paradigm, keep fallling for logical
lies.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 3:42:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 3:36:25 PM, interrogator wrote:
Paradigm. You are wrong. The delusion comes with those who fail to acknowledge common sense. That trumps all forms of logic. You may not
believe because you do not wish to, just like the next guy. That keeps your
status neutral at best. But unless the truth comes out, as it always does.
Then you should ask yourself. Why do I Paradigm, keep fallling for logical
lies.

Common sense.... trumps logic? OMG PLEASE GO AWAY XD
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:42:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 3:42:01 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
At 2/17/2011 3:36:25 PM, interrogator wrote:
Paradigm. You are wrong. The delusion comes with those who fail to acknowledge common sense. That trumps all forms of logic. You may not
believe because you do not wish to, just like the next guy. That keeps your
status neutral at best. But unless the truth comes out, as it always does.
Then you should ask yourself. Why do I Paradigm, keep fallling for logical
lies.

Common sense.... trumps logic? OMG PLEASE GO AWAY XD

lol this.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 7:52:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/17/2011 3:36:25 PM, interrogator wrote:
Paradigm. You are wrong. The delusion comes with those who fail to acknowledge common sense. That trumps all forms of logic. You may not
believe because you do not wish to, just like the next guy. That keeps your
status neutral at best. But unless the truth comes out, as it always does.
Then you should ask yourself. Why do I Paradigm, keep fallling for logical
lies.:

Common sense trumps logic. Good to know. Obviously I should believe in all conspiracies. Are you saying that the video I posted was accurate? That a rainbow in a sprinkler is completely out of the ordinary?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2011 8:26:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Conspiracy theorists have their right to believe in myths as much as they want, and I can respect that, but some theories are fairly poor, but still entertaining to explore. The moon landing hoax conspiracy is an interesting one, although it does not make sense if you analyze it properly. Then there are some conspiracies about Coca Cola, Teletubbies, etcetera.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 12:19:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
For a conspiracy to stay a secret, none of the conspirators can reveal evidence of e conspiracy. There are lots of the conspiracies. For example, the Mafia (real not game) is a conspiracy to commit crime. They use every means imaginable to prevent members of the conspiracy from blabbing, yet many do talk and give verifiable details. Some write whole books. There was a US government conspiracy to sink a ship named The Liberty and blame it on someone else. U.S. Navy guys talked.

The problem is with large conspiracies in which no one every talks, thereby maintaining perfect secrecy forever. That's extremely unlikely.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 12:38:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Conspiracies generally attempt secrecy, but just because secrets are spilled, doesn't make it any less of a conspiracy.

In fact, secrets aren't even required for something to be qualified as a conspiracy.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 12:53:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 12:19:38 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
The problem is with large conspiracies in which no one every talks, thereby maintaining perfect secrecy forever. That's extremely unlikely.

http://www.debate.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 9:20:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 4:33:26 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
I believe in a particular 9/11 conspiracy theory.
That a bunch terrorists made a plan to hijack a plane and...:

Yeah, as Penn and Teller say, you'd think that'd be enough of a conspiracy to satisfy conspiracy theorists.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Heathen
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 11:34:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Conspiracy theorists are great, its always fun talking to them. When the current theory they are talking about starts to get boring they always have another one to surprise you with. I love them.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 12:45:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The phrase "conspiracy theory" has a special meaning. The Republicans conspire to win elections ... and so do Democrats. They don't count. "Conspiracy theory" means a a massive double-secret plot that is never exposed for what it is. I can tell you that the New World Order conspiracy was every bit as popular forty years ago as it is today. Since the conspiracies are never proven, they can live forever, although the popularity waxes and wanes. There is one about "Roosevelt really knew Pearl Harbor was going to be attacked, but did nothing in order to get the U.S. into WWII." That persists to this day.

"UFO" has a similar special meaning. A thing that is unidentified is just that, unidentified. But a UFO means "A vehicle piloted by beings from the Vegan star system who have traveled across the galaxy to stomp our crops." or something like that. The conspiracy is to conceal this vital truth.