InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 8:58:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/18/2011 8:56:47 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Hi SRW.

Only way to determine that is with an IP scan so don't be throwing out accusations quite yet.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 9:03:02 PM
At 2/18/2011 8:58:13 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/18/2011 8:56:47 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Hi SRW.

Only way to determine that is with an IP scan so don't be throwing out accusations quite yet.
Hiding IP is not the hardest thing to do.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 9:11:59 PM
At 2/18/2011 8:30:29 PM, CrzyDrumlineChic wrote:
Opinions...
Is it right?
Is it wrong?:

Why should I pay for you to kill your baby?

'Nuff said.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 9:22:26 PM
There's two ways I view this...

1. I don't support the government taking my money (through taxes) for social programs, so I won't contradict myself and make an exception for Planned Parenthood.

2. Personally, Planned Parenthood has helped countless girls that I have counseled or are friends with and I support what they are trying to do -- help out the young and less fortunate through educational and medical means.

I'm stuck and can't make up my mind if I support or oppose this... :/
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
CrzyDrumlineChic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2011 10:57:51 PM
At 2/18/2011 9:22:26 PM, annhasle wrote:

1. I don't support the government taking my money (through taxes) for social programs, so I won't contradict myself and make an exception for Planned Parenthood.

2. Personally, Planned Parenthood has helped countless girls that I have counseled or are friends with and I support what they are trying to do -- help out the young and less fortunate through educational and medical means.

Ya that's how I am about it.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 12:18:02 AM

When defense spending and Medicare/SS reform is on the table, I don't see why this program is getting the hatchet.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 9:00:33 AM

Keep it private and ask the many many people that support their work to put their money where their mouth is and voluntarily contribute to it if they feel it's worth it. If they don't feel that it's worth it for society then they must reduce their scope. That would be the libertarian way.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 11:37:09 AM

That's not like you at all, you tend to hold a very strong almost absolutist view on things. I'd imagine that you are in favour of the cuts, but would happily donate to a planned parenthood charity.

Personally I would not want my money spent in this way.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 11:48:08 AM
At 2/19/2011 11:37:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

But I bet you don't like to see your money spent in a lot of ways and yet you have to. As AA said, when our spending is so outrageous in other areas it makes no sense to discriminate against this minor benefactor specifically -- meanwhile we're up to what, spending in the trillions on war now? Please. I'm sure they can comprimise making two or three less nukes this year and not allow these impoverished (probably incompetent and lesser educated) women have babies that the welfare state will probably have to continue propping in the future... blah.
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 12:35:59 PM
At 2/19/2011 11:48:08 AM, Danielle wrote:

But I bet you don't like to see your money spent in a lot of ways and yet you have to. As AA said, when our spending is so outrageous in other areas it makes no sense to discriminate against this minor benefactor specifically -- meanwhile we're up to what, spending in the trillions on war now? Please. I'm sure they can comprimise making two or three less nukes this year and not allow these impoverished (probably incompetent and lesser educated) women have babies that the welfare state will probably have to continue propping in the future... blah.:

The fundamental question is why the government should be funding abortions at all. There are thousands upon thousands of privately donated money given to Planned Parenthood. Why public money is given to private institutions is beyond me.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 12:42:05 PM
At 2/19/2011 11:48:08 AM, Danielle wrote:

But I bet you don't like to see your money spent in a lot of ways and yet you have to. As AA said, when our spending is so outrageous in other areas it makes no sense to discriminate against this minor benefactor specifically -- meanwhile we're up to what, spending in the trillions on war now? Please. I'm sure they can comprimise making two or three less nukes this year and not allow these impoverished (probably incompetent and lesser educated) women have babies that the welfare state will probably have to continue propping in the future... blah.

True, however if we suddenly stopped paying not to work then these people would suddenly acquire the ability to plan their own families.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 12:47:41 PM
At 2/19/2011 12:35:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Why public money is given to private institutions is beyond me.

Lockheed Martin received $36 billion in government contracts in 2008 alone - more than any company in history. As I said in my last post, when the government makes effort to cease some of that blatantly obviously unnecessary spending, then I can take them more seriously about wanting to cut the lil bit they give to PP -- which actually is in their best interest considering, as I said, our welfare state will most likely have to prop up those unwanted babies anyway. It's cost beneficial.
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 12:55:10 PM
At 2/19/2011 12:47:41 PM, Danielle wrote:

Lockheed Martin received $36 billion in government contracts in 2008 alone - more than any company in history. As I said in my last post, when the government makes effort to cease some of that blatantly obviously unnecessary spending, then I can take them more seriously about wanting to cut the lil bit they give to PP -- which actually is in their best interest considering, as I said, our welfare state will most likely have to prop up those unwanted babies anyway. It's cost beneficial.

You're going to see some pretty massive cuts in defense too.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 1:10:05 PM
At 2/19/2011 12:47:41 PM, Danielle wrote:

Lockheed Martin received $36 billion in government contracts in 2008 alone - more than any company in history.:

That's a contract for goods they're receiving. Private contractor builds the aircraft, and sells it to the military. They're not just going to give it away. The government purchased something. That's a world of difference than just giving Planned Parenthood money to fund private people's mistakes.

As I said in my last post, when the government makes effort to cease some of that blatantly obviously unnecessary spending, then I can take them more seriously about wanting to cut the lil bit they give to PP -- which actually is in their best interest considering, as I said, our welfare state will most likely have to prop up those unwanted babies anyway. It's cost beneficial.:

You are right that the government needs to scale back, especially on defense expenditures, but it happens to be irrelevant to this particular case.

Secondly, the welfare system should be abolished altogether. The best way not to have undesireable babies is to not have them at all.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 1:41:43 PM
If they fund actually murdering thousands of people with mine and others' tax money I don't see why "potentially" hurting a not really living thing, which might actually benefit actual living people, and save real lives, would be cut from it. Its pure bullshite
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2011 1:47:00 PM
At 2/19/2011 1:41:43 PM, lovelife wrote:
If they fund actually murdering thousands of people with mine and others' tax money I don't see why "potentially" hurting a not really living thing, which might actually benefit actual living people, and save real lives, would be cut from it. Its pure bullshite

Also agree with L on the wefare points.
And PLEASE don't drag this into some kind of welfare debate cause that+libertarians=arguing with brick wall
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave