Ask the Genie for - a gay baby?

racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 2:56:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ask the Genie for - A Gay Baby?

It's a dream come true. You're a pregnant mum, you've saved an archaeologist's life and he's rewarded you with one of the lamps he found on a dig and it happens to be the genuine article, a real, wish-granting Genie housing magic lamp.

You get one wish for your future child. The specs available are one boy or girl and the orientation can be fully normal or totally homosexual. Either choice delivers a 100% healthy kid, and the orientation is set in concrete with a sliding scale for homosexuality from mildly perceptible to the full Macho Drag model. Once the wish is granted, it's forever. Would you deliberately choose to have a homosexual child of either orientation if that choice was totally your responsibility and no one else's? There are lots and lots in this forum who will be hanging off every word you utter.
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 2:57:51 AM
At 3/11/2011 2:56:06 AM, racist wrote:
a homosexual child of either orientation

This makes no sense.
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:04:50 AM
So I can't wish for immortality, time travel, invisibility, to ressurect a loved one, wealth, power or a giant penis?

I only get to wish for a child?

I'd pick a straight boy or a lesbian girl.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:15:50 AM
You can ask for as caterpillar with genital herpes for all I care - in another forum Good luck. What part of the proposition are we struggling with? If you don't have an opinion about homosexuality, what are you doing on a debating platform?. I'm basically interested in those kind folk who 'get it' without the attention grabbing antics and cheap jibes.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:17:14 AM
and if you have no preference regarding the sexual orientation of your child?

i would flip a coin....
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:18:17 AM
I want all boys; I'll leave their sexual orientation to nature.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:22:06 AM
At 3/11/2011 3:15:50 AM, racist wrote:
You can ask for as caterpillar with genital herpes for all I care - in another forum Good luck. What part of the proposition are we struggling with? If you don't have an opinion about homosexuality, what are you doing on a debating platform?. I'm basically interested in those kind folk who 'get it' without the attention grabbing antics and cheap jibes.

Who is this aimed at?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:28:28 AM
At thine Goode Selfe, vain Narcissist. We're talking here, passionate beliefs and deeply entrenched opinions. It's all 'emotive' stuff. Lighten up, Pilgrim. Not everyone is a born an accountant, y' know, y'all..
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:30:47 AM
If it was entirely up to me, I'd make either gender heterosexual.
"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree, you can fvck off." - Richard Dawkins
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:31:51 AM
OK - 'leave it to nature' is the same as saying you don't have an opinion when you could have guaranteed power to change something major. Nice walk backwards, chum. What courage.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:33:42 AM
At 3/11/2011 3:28:28 AM, racist wrote:
At thine Goode Selfe, vain Narcissist. We're talking here, passionate beliefs and deeply entrenched opinions. It's all 'emotive' stuff. Lighten up, Pilgrim. Not everyone is a born an accountant, y' know, y'all..

Despite the fact that you are obviously a 12 year old who has recently taken to trolling I answerd your question. I did so in a lighthearted way, and you lay into me and then tell me to lighten up!
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 3:35:42 AM
At 3/11/2011 3:33:13 AM, racist wrote:
At 3/11/2011 3:30:47 AM, jmar8542 wrote:

Why?

No one gets sh!t for being straight.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:27:31 AM
You can ask for as caterpillar with genital herpes for all I care - in another forum Good luck. What part of the proposition are we struggling with? If you don't have an opinion about homosexuality, what are you doing on a debating platform?. I'm basically interested in those kind folk who 'get it' without the attention grabbing antics and cheap jibes.:

Oh, I get it. You're basically asking the question, under optimal circumstances, why would anyone intentionally choose a homosexual child? And then somewhere during the conversation you'll come swooping in with the real reason behind the loaded question to say that homosexuality is an aberration, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.

How accurate am I, genie?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:39:09 AM
At 3/11/2011 5:27:31 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
You can ask for as caterpillar with genital herpes for all I care - in another forum Good luck. What part of the proposition are we struggling with? If you don't have an opinion about homosexuality, what are you doing on a debating platform?. I'm basically interested in those kind folk who 'get it' without the attention grabbing antics and cheap jibes.:

Oh, I get it. You're basically asking the question, under optimal circumstances, why would anyone intentionally choose a homosexual child? And then somewhere during the conversation you'll come swooping in with the real reason behind the loaded question to say that homosexuality is an aberration, yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.

How accurate am I, genie?

Boom. Headshot.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 5:44:32 AM
At 3/11/2011 3:31:51 AM, racist wrote:
OK - 'leave it to nature' is the same as saying you don't have an opinion when you could have guaranteed power to change something major. Nice walk backwards, chum. What courage.:

Maybe nobody wants to play God. Was it "courageous" to build the first nuclear bomb or was it a horrible that can't be undone?

What do you care, anyhow?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 9:24:42 PM
At 3/11/2011 5:44:32 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/11/2011 3:31:51 AM, racist wrote:
OK - 'leave it to nature' is the same as saying you don't have an opinion when you could have guaranteed power to change something major. Nice walk backwards, chum. What courage.:

Maybe nobody wants to play God. Was it "courageous" to build the first nuclear bomb or was it a horrible that can't be undone?

What do you care, anyhow?
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 9:47:23 PM
It's a dream come true. You're a pregnant mum, you've saved an archaeologist's life and he's rewarded you with one of the lamps he found on a dig and it happens to be the genuine article, a real, wish-granting Genie housing magic lamp.

You get one wish for your future child

I got a sex change and knocked up and you expect me to worry about something that frivolous?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 10:02:04 PM
As a parent, my son's sexual orientation is truly the least of my worries. It really is not nearly important to me as his health, his attitude toward self, life, and others, and many other things that I worry about. If he came up to me and said he had something big to tell me and he said he was gay, I would actually be relieved. The things he could do to really mess his life up permanently are what are on my radar.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 10:34:13 PM
all the boys => straight
all the girls => lesbian
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2011 10:46:40 PM
At 3/11/2011 10:34:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
all the boys => straight
all the girls => lesbian

All boys gay and all girls straight would mean no wars!
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 12:56:18 AM

even given the massive social advantages homosexuals enjoy, even with sideline perks like having no expensive children to bribe to love them and lots of disposable income and free time? I mean, there are lots of mothers who would love to just loaf around in bars and buy expensive knick knacks. They can always sleep their way to the top in a way that straight ones can only dream about. Talk about a wasted opportunity.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 12:57:54 AM
At 3/12/2011 12:56:18 AM, racist wrote:

even given the massive social advantages homosexuals enjoy, even with sideline perks like having no expensive children to bribe to love them and lots of disposable income and free time? I mean, there are lots of mothers who would love to just loaf around in bars and buy expensive knick knacks. They can always sleep their way to the top in a way that straight ones can only dream about. Talk about a wasted opportunity.

ZOMG.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 1:05:27 AM
At 3/11/2011 10:46:40 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/11/2011 10:34:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:
all the boys => straight
all the girls => lesbian

All boys gay and all girls straight would mean no wars!

You mean, all those Nazis in their macho drag uniforms and Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great, and all the other great warlords of history who themselves came out of the closet and bragged about being gay as monkeys were not engaging in their ultimate sexual passion - ultra violence through military exhibitionism? Perhaps if there were no gays, there'd be no more wars.
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 1:09:51 AM
At 3/12/2011 12:56:18 AM, racist wrote:
even given the massive social advantages homosexuals enjoy...

Have I perceived society's gay bullying in completely the wrong way?
jmar8542
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 1:11:53 AM
At 3/12/2011 1:05:27 AM, racist wrote:
Perhaps if there were no gays, there'd be no more wars.

Someone ban this motherfvcker.