Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

the cops

badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:05:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
who here thinks the rates of thing like murder and rape wouldn't shoot up if we were to abolish the police?

honestly..
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:09:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:05:19 AM, badger wrote:
who here thinks the rates of thing like murder and rape wouldn't shoot up if we were to abolish the police?

honestly..

i suppose what does it say about me that i do lol.. that i find murdering and raping to be enjoyable activities.. and i'm only not doing them cosa the cops.. haha..

..the raping part maybe..

but it's not even that murder is enjoyable (lol) ..it's that with no deterrent it'd become a lot better a way of dealing with things than it is now..
signature
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:12:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:09:56 AM, badger wrote:
i'm joking! :) kinda.. but the world's a twisted place.

Woulda made a great Viking.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:13:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:12:26 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:09:56 AM, badger wrote:
i'm joking! :) kinda.. but the world's a twisted place.

Woulda made a great Viking.

huh?
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:16:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
what do you think though innomen? would the world be a better or worse place without the cops?

as corrupt as they are..
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:20:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:17:47 AM, badger wrote:
worse being the world with more raping and mudering ;) ...for the craic.

and just for real. i'm not really a mudering rapist :)
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:21:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:20:39 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:17:47 AM, badger wrote:
worse being the world with more raping and mudering ;) ...for the craic.

and just for real. i'm not really a mudering rapist :)

only on wednesdays.
signature
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:22:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:21:08 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:20:39 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:17:47 AM, badger wrote:
worse being the world with more raping and mudering ;) ...for the craic.

and just for real. i'm not really a mudering rapist :)

only on wednesdays.

They're a necessary evil. I don't have a decent alternative, and i am not one of the libertarians who wants to hire a private force for private goals.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:26:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:22:48 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:21:08 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:20:39 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:17:47 AM, badger wrote:
worse being the world with more raping and mudering ;) ...for the craic.

and just for real. i'm not really a mudering rapist :)

only on wednesdays.

They're a necessary evil. I don't have a decent alternative, and i am not one of the libertarians who wants to hire a private force for private goals.

cos a state police force would more efficiently achieve your private goals?
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:29:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:29:01 AM, badger wrote:
i don't really give a sh1t about anyone besides myself and the people i care about.

to be honest.
signature
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:40:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:29:17 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:29:01 AM, badger wrote:
i don't really give a sh1t about anyone besides myself and the people i care about.

to be honest.

Then if everyone carried a gun we could eliminate the police?
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:43:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:40:34 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:29:17 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:29:01 AM, badger wrote:
i don't really give a sh1t about anyone besides myself and the people i care about.

to be honest.

Then if everyone carried a gun we could eliminate the police?

yeah i've been thinking about that. no controlled substances :)
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:44:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:43:45 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:40:34 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:29:17 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:29:01 AM, badger wrote:
i don't really give a sh1t about anyone besides myself and the people i care about.

to be honest.

Then if everyone carried a gun we could eliminate the police?

yeah i've been thinking about that. no controlled substances :)

lol, didn't really think before i posted that..
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:45:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
i have been thinking about that though. but then you could have things like gangs forming and that kinda thing, right?
signature
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:50:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:45:44 AM, badger wrote:
i have been thinking about that though. but then you could have things like gangs forming and that kinda thing, right?

We already have that. They have police in Mexico for all the good it does them.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:57:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:50:22 AM, innomen wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:45:44 AM, badger wrote:
i have been thinking about that though. but then you could have things like gangs forming and that kinda thing, right?

We already have that. They have police in Mexico for all the good it does them.

do it do them any good?
signature
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 9:57:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In 2004, four police officers shot 21 year old Michael Bell in the head after a traffic stop in front of his mother and sister (oh and shockingly he was white). Kenosha Police conducted their investigation and cleared themselves in two days. The Bell family asked District Attorney Robert Jambois for a coroners inquest and was denied. After his review, DA Jambois found the shooting justified.

Cases like this are not unique. I'm pretty sure the 20th anniversary of the Rodney King beating just passed. There are countless stories just like this you can find (though not on mainstream news) if you look hard enough. Examples: http://police-brutality-blog.blogspot.com...

The police have a monopoly on force and violence. They are allowed weapons when we are not. They are the be-all and end-all of the law, as we have seen in cases like Michael Bell's and others where the police INVESTIGATE THEMSELVES and where other aspects of the government like this regulate itself and become responsible for punishing themselves.

If we get into a fight with a cop, who wins? What if it's our word vs. theirs? I've unfortunately been in some bad situations with cops. I detest them as a whole. I've seen police brutality first hand with my own eyes. I've seen police racism firsthand with my own eyes. I've seen them straight up break the law, use unjust force and other things but cops are above the law. It's fvcking pathetic. I've also been friends with a dirty cop. He would literally confiscate people's drugs and then just take em home for his own personal use. I smoked with him a few times so maybe I shouldn't complain.
President of DDO
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:02:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:57:32 AM, Danielle wrote:
In 2004, four police officers shot 21 year old Michael Bell in the head after a traffic stop in front of his mother and sister (oh and shockingly he was white). Kenosha Police conducted their investigation and cleared themselves in two days. The Bell family asked District Attorney Robert Jambois for a coroners inquest and was denied. After his review, DA Jambois found the shooting justified.

Cases like this are not unique. I'm pretty sure the 20th anniversary of the Rodney King beating just passed. There are countless stories just like this you can find (though not on mainstream news) if you look hard enough. Examples: http://police-brutality-blog.blogspot.com...

The police have a monopoly on force and violence. They are allowed weapons when we are not. They are the be-all and end-all of the law, as we have seen in cases like Michael Bell's and others where the police INVESTIGATE THEMSELVES and where other aspects of the government like this regulate itself and become responsible for punishing themselves.

If we get into a fight with a cop, who wins? What if it's our word vs. theirs? I've unfortunately been in some bad situations with cops. I detest them as a whole. I've seen police brutality first hand with my own eyes. I've seen police racism firsthand with my own eyes. I've seen them straight up break the law, use unjust force and other things but cops are above the law. It's fvcking pathetic. I've also been friends with a dirty cop. He would literally confiscate people's drugs and then just take em home for his own personal use. I smoked with him a few times so maybe I shouldn't complain.

yeah, me all those things too.. but just not having things as controlled substances, privatise for the most part things like catching people for speeding, make the cops a call out thing.. that'd make a lot more sense than getting rid of them i think? there has to be some sort of deterrent i think and i can't come up with a good alternative..
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:04:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
cops apparently pepper sprayed a group of nine year olds in limerick (place in ireland) there last weekend. bit of an uproar about it..
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:09:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 10:02:25 AM, badger wrote:
At 3/12/2011 9:57:32 AM, Danielle wrote:
In 2004, four police officers shot 21 year old Michael Bell in the head after a traffic stop in front of his mother and sister (oh and shockingly he was white). Kenosha Police conducted their investigation and cleared themselves in two days. The Bell family asked District Attorney Robert Jambois for a coroners inquest and was denied. After his review, DA Jambois found the shooting justified.

Cases like this are not unique. I'm pretty sure the 20th anniversary of the Rodney King beating just passed. There are countless stories just like this you can find (though not on mainstream news) if you look hard enough. Examples: http://police-brutality-blog.blogspot.com...

The police have a monopoly on force and violence. They are allowed weapons when we are not. They are the be-all and end-all of the law, as we have seen in cases like Michael Bell's and others where the police INVESTIGATE THEMSELVES and where other aspects of the government like this regulate itself and become responsible for punishing themselves.

If we get into a fight with a cop, who wins? What if it's our word vs. theirs? I've unfortunately been in some bad situations with cops. I detest them as a whole. I've seen police brutality first hand with my own eyes. I've seen police racism firsthand with my own eyes. I've seen them straight up break the law, use unjust force and other things but cops are above the law. It's fvcking pathetic. I've also been friends with a dirty cop. He would literally confiscate people's drugs and then just take em home for his own personal use. I smoked with him a few times so maybe I shouldn't complain.

yeah, me all those things too.. but just not having things as controlled substances, privatise for the most part things like catching people for speeding, make the cops a call out thing.. that'd make a lot more sense than getting rid of them i think? there has to be some sort of deterrent i think and i can't come up with a good alternative..

corrupt cops themselves proves that there needs to be.
signature
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:16:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 10:02:25 AM, badger wrote:
yeah, me all those things too.. but just not having things as controlled substances, privatise for the most part things like catching people for speeding, make the cops a call out thing.. that'd make a lot more sense than getting rid of them i think? there has to be some sort of deterrent i think and i can't come up with a good alternative..

Privatize them, sure. And if an agency starts being a d!ck and pepper spraying 9 year olds or beating black people then we wouldn't use em. Right now these people are doing these things, getting away with it, and then still in charge of us so to speak. It's fvcked up.

were you always so against cops? or are you even?

"I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side..." Sorry lol any excuse to quote Wu :p I've hated the cops for as long as I can remember. The problems with the cops have always been evident. That's why it's hilarious to me when innomen says things like "Oh in an anarchist society, the mafia would be running things..." Uhh, hello watch Goodfellas. Watch The Departed. Watch The Sopranos. The mafia always has. Cops are dirty. Politicians are dirty. Money talks. Privatizing these government-like agencies are the only way to keep these people in check and have a say in who runs our society and how. Right now we're helpless

(in b4 those are just movies; it happens irl too).
President of DDO
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:24:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 10:16:40 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:02:25 AM, badger wrote:
yeah, me all those things too.. but just not having things as controlled substances, privatise for the most part things like catching people for speeding, make the cops a call out thing.. that'd make a lot more sense than getting rid of them i think? there has to be some sort of deterrent i think and i can't come up with a good alternative..

Privatize them, sure. And if an agency starts being a d!ck and pepper spraying 9 year olds or beating black people then we wouldn't use em. Right now these people are doing these things, getting away with it, and then still in charge of us so to speak. It's fvcked up.

we wouldn't use them? you really think it'd be as simple as that.. we're talking about gangs here..

were you always so against cops? or are you even?

"I grew up on the crime side, the New York Times side..." Sorry lol any excuse to quote Wu :p I've hated the cops for as long as I can remember. The problems with the cops have always been evident. That's why it's hilarious to me when innomen says things like "Oh in an anarchist society, the mafia would be running things..." Uhh, hello watch Goodfellas. Watch The Departed. Watch The Sopranos. The mafia always has. Cops are dirty. Politicians are dirty. Money talks. Privatizing these government-like agencies are the only way to keep these people in check and have a say in who runs our society and how. Right now we're helpless

(in b4 those are just movies; it happens irl too).

it might've in the past.. i wouldn't think so these days.. didn't like a load of mob bosses get locked up over there not so long ago?

i think privatising the police would be a horrible idea.. sure, money talks.. but i think government prevents that to some degree.. at least government by the people for the people.. or even an attempt at it.. privatising the police would just be allowing money to talk more..
signature
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:40:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 10:24:25 AM, badger wrote:
we wouldn't use them? you really think it'd be as simple as that.. we're talking about gangs here..

We'd get another gang. And what makes the police not a gang, btw? How are they preferable?

it might've in the past.. i wouldn't think so these days.. didn't like a load of mob bosses get locked up over there not so long ago?

Lol. Which proves it still goes on. Are you really saying right now you don't think dirty cops exist all over the country? I know you're foreign but dang. That's a bit naive, don't you think?

i think privatising the police would be a horrible idea.. sure, money talks.. but i think government prevents that to some degree..

lol

at least government by the people for the people..

lol

or even an attempt at it.. privatising the police would just be allowing money to talk more..

In a capitalist society, yup. That's why I wouldn't advocate the 2 together. Not all anarchists are an-caps.
President of DDO
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:49:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 9:22:48 AM, innomen wrote:
They're a necessary evil.

There's no such thing as "necessary evil." There is just evil. Over my entire life, I have watched morality in play, and I have never seen immorality produce positive results.
kfc
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 10:55:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 10:40:20 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 3/12/2011 10:24:25 AM, badger wrote:
we wouldn't use them? you really think it'd be as simple as that.. we're talking about gangs here..

We'd get another gang. And what makes the police not a gang, btw? How are they preferable?

yeah i suppose.. i'm thinking it's that they're our gang.. but i suppose they're no more our gang than a private gang you were paying to protect you would be..

it might've in the past.. i wouldn't think so these days.. didn't like a load of mob bosses get locked up over there not so long ago?

Lol. Which proves it still goes on. Are you really saying right now you don't think dirty cops exist all over the country? I know you're foreign but dang. That's a bit naive, don't you think?

the cops locking up mafia proves cops are still dirty? i dunno.. i'd have thought that with how easily we can find and spread information these days the cops would be having a harder time being corrupt.. profit wise anyway..

i think privatising the police would be a horrible idea.. sure, money talks.. but i think government prevents that to some degree..

lol

yeah maybe :)

at least government by the people for the people..

lol

why lol there? people are gonna be interested in their own well being rather than the well being of corrupt cops and the rich aren't they?

or even an attempt at it.. privatising the police would just be allowing money to talk more..

In a capitalist society, yup. That's why I wouldn't advocate the 2 together. Not all anarchists are an-caps.

so you're just an anarchist?
signature