Jump to topic:

The Earth Is UNDERPOPULATED

racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 1:34:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Simple arithmetic proves the point. 6 billion souls get to stand on a square tile about 20 odd cm sq. (1ft) - or so. This occupies a space about the area of greater Sydney. Say, Newcastle, down to Nowra, out to Katoomba & back to Bondi. That's where every human on earth is standing, hooter to hooter. Look at the map of the world & try & find Sydney. It's a frigging SPECK! The rest of the map area is covered in cockroaches, rats, rabbits, sparrows & FISH! That's how thinly the human creatures are spread out on this cosmic slice of toasted Vegemite.

In theory, the technical levers could be pulled to accommodate at least 6 trillion souls on this dump of an excuse for a planet. No one mentions the fact that a decent volcano eruption (say, St Helens) pours more crap into the atmosphere than the combined outputs of the dark & satanic mills of Russia AND America could dump if they went on a pollution spree of 200 years.

But let one cow fart, or one refrigerator get dumped, and the planet's had its throat cut. Applied science could make it a paradise for a handful of greenies (on the premise that they nuked the rest of the plebs) or a battery hen style cage for zillions of moronic 'workers' - it's just a case of how much slack the dummies cut the smarties before they eat them. Happy days.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 4:50:34 AM
At 3/14/2011 1:34:04 AM, racist wrote:
Simple arithmetic proves the point. 6 billion souls get to stand on a square tile about 20 odd cm sq. (1ft) - or so. This occupies a space about the area of greater Sydney. Say, Newcastle, down to Nowra, out to Katoomba & back to Bondi. That's where every human on earth is standing, hooter to hooter. Look at the map of the world & try & find Sydney. It's a frigging SPECK! The rest of the map area is covered in cockroaches, rats, rabbits, sparrows & FISH! That's how thinly the human creatures are spread out on this cosmic slice of toasted Vegemite.

Its not about physical space occupied by 6 billion bodies, its the amount of resources consumed and the environmental corruption committed to support the six billion bodies.

In theory, the technical levers could be pulled to accommodate at least 6 trillion souls on this dump of an excuse for a planet. No one mentions the fact that a decent volcano eruption (say, St Helens) pours more crap into the atmosphere than the combined outputs of the dark & satanic mills of Russia AND America could dump if they went on a pollution spree of 200 years.

No one mentions that "fact" because it is not a fact at all. Globe-affecting volcanoes do dump a large amount of material into the atmosphere, but the events are rare and sporadic, versus the incessant (and accelerating) dump of all manner of chemicals caused by humans. The measure of carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere rather proves that decisively, as it has been on an unprecedented skyrocket spree since the Industrial age.

But let one cow fart, or one refrigerator get dumped, and the planet's had its throat cut. Applied science could make it a paradise for a handful of greenies (on the premise that they nuked the rest of the plebs) or a battery hen style cage for zillions of moronic 'workers' - it's just a case of how much slack the dummies cut the smarties before they eat them. Happy days.

That's called paranoid delusion, and is a serious concern.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 12:03:14 AM
Thank you for that, dear PervRat-
Yes, we could shuffle options around about the comfort or otherwise of how high we could stack the chickens in very tall cages in the farm, but the point is that there is no ‘proper' or definitive
plan or project that must be adhered to. The human critter has endured catastrophic shifts in his patch of habitat before and will doubtless do so again. As for volcanic and other paroxysmal activity, let's not sell the place short (Japan today) is the obvious clue. A small comet from nowhere could obliterate a lot more than Japan. We may need all the human critters at our disposal if the earth is the unpredictable entity I suspect it to be.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:34:55 PM
At 3/15/2011 3:01:13 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
WTF are you talking about?

Y' see there I go again. I just ASSUMED you could read. Ok, I erred and I apologise. Get a friend (if any) to read it out to you and then ask me about the hard bits you don't get. I'm happy to translate the big ones, like 'and', 'the' and 'but'.Cheers!
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:38:48 PM
At 3/15/2011 7:34:55 PM, racist wrote:

Y' see there I go again. I just ASSUMED you could read. Ok, I erred and I apologise. Get a friend (if any) to read it out to you and then ask me about the hard bits you don't get. I'm happy to translate the big ones, like 'and', 'the' and 'but'.Cheers!

Do you even study the science and history of extinction?
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 7:58:42 PM
At 3/15/2011 7:38:48 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/15/2011 7:34:55 PM, racist wrote:

Do you even study the science and history of extinction?

Ok, I'll chance an irate and irrationaL back-lash. Extinction happens to be one of my favourite hobbies. and I even took seriously, Velikovsky's "Earth In Upheaval"- now what?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 12:10:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Actually Canada is underpopulated. That is why we accept so much immigration. Because typical Canadian produce less then 2 children per couple.
It has to do with education rate too. The more educated are more likley to not have more kids then they can afford and live well.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL