Jump to topic:

Japan's Earthquake Response vs. America's

SuzzaneO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 4:38:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've read in multiple places that earthquake survivors in Japan have responded with far more character, pride and positive attitude than did the hurricane Katrina survivors. Is this a result of the vast number of resources that were readily available to the Japanese that were not available to Americans in the aftermath of Katrina? I've certainly noticed a difference, as images show the people of Japan patiently waiting in LONG lines, whereas images from Katrina show looting and chaos. What are your thoughts?
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2011 5:03:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/16/2011 4:38:54 PM, SuzzaneO wrote:
I've read in multiple places that earthquake survivors in Japan have responded with far more character, pride and positive attitude than did the hurricane Katrina survivors. Is this a result of the vast number of resources that were readily available to the Japanese that were not available to Americans in the aftermath of Katrina? I've certainly noticed a difference, as images show the people of Japan patiently waiting in LONG lines, whereas images from Katrina show looting and chaos. What are your thoughts?

Japan doesn't/didn't have more resources available than America and America only accepted ~5% of foreign aid from other countries.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler