Jump to topic:

Women are superior to men

Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2011 10:45:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was contemplating this the other day... Although men contribute sperm and women contribute eggs, only the woman can actually bear a child. Does this not make women more valuable than men?

Certain species, ants for instance, only raise females to contribute to society. Males are simply bred to live short lives, walking around aimlessly and trying to have sex with whatever is in their way. There are some marked similarities here...

Men are also more violent and aggressive, and are arguably responsible for most of the physical transgressions throughout history. Men are also troubled by their own masculinity, unable to sympathize and empathize with others as successfully as women because of psychological problems associated with male dominance.

On a side note, women are also outperforming men in college, at least here in the U.S.

Men, however, are able to life large objects.
kfc
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 12:50:26 AM
No. Don't get caught in the trap. Values change throughout the decades but biology doesn't. There is no superiority because we are evolutionarily selected to have a society in which men and women act separately toward the same goal.

Recently, in the past few decades, women have been trying to fight for equality in the workplace, which has traditionally been the domain of men. Now that they have done so, they are reeling from the side effects. Men become less ambitious and more complacent. Women have skyrocketing levels of depression and suicidality, the divorce rate skyrocketed as well. More and more women are staying single longer and longer, well into their forties.

By taking on an unfair share of what used to be a balance of work between men and women, and turning harmony into a battle of the sexes, women have really screwed things up. Men need to be needed. Women are sandwiched between their social NEED to be independent of men and their millenia-old biological urge to depend on men.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 12:53:42 AM
At 3/18/2011 12:50:26 AM, Kleptin wrote:
No. Don't get caught in the trap. Values change throughout the decades but biology doesn't. There is no superiority because we are evolutionarily selected to have a society in which men and women act separately toward the same goal.

Recently, in the past few decades, women have been trying to fight for equality in the workplace, which has traditionally been the domain of men. Now that they have done so, they are reeling from the side effects. Men become less ambitious and more complacent. Women have skyrocketing levels of depression and suicidality, the divorce rate skyrocketed as well. More and more women are staying single longer and longer, well into their forties.

By taking on an unfair share of what used to be a balance of work between men and women, and turning harmony into a battle of the sexes, women have really screwed things up. Men need to be needed. Women are sandwiched between their social NEED to be independent of men and their millenia-old biological urge to depend on men.

Excellent post.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 1:03:21 AM
At 3/18/2011 12:53:42 AM, tvellalott wrote:

Excellent post.

I concur. 11/10
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 1:44:56 AM

I agree.

And then the last sentence of my post...

Men, however, are able to life large objects.

...expresses my desire to reverse the process you are talking about. We are better at working. Women, if left out of the work force, will be able to spend more time raising good people instead of making notes for mr. businessman or serving tables at a restaurant. Women could choose to work if they wanted, but not expected.
kfc
artwomyn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 8:44:53 AM

I'm a lesbian. And nobody knows like lesbians, that women don't really need men. We can support ourselves financially, defend ourselves against attackers, make our own decisions, impregnate ourselves via sperm banks, and certainly satisfy our sexual and romantic needs, without men. So we lesbians, KNOW that women are superior to men, in every way! Gloria Steinem was right, when she said that 'women need men, like a fish needs a bicycle.'
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 8:52:55 AM
At 3/18/2011 8:44:53 AM, artwomyn wrote:

I'm a lesbian. And nobody knows like lesbians, that women don't really need men. We can support ourselves financially, defend ourselves against attackers, make our own decisions, impregnate ourselves via sperm banks, and certainly satisfy our sexual and romantic needs, without men. So we lesbians, KNOW that women are superior to men, in every way! Gloria Steinem was right, when she said that 'women need men, like a fish needs a bicycle.'

What are your suggestions for altering society in light of this irrefutable evidence that women are superior?
Ogan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:30:23 AM
The Male & Female Mind

HER SIDE OF THE STORY

He was in an odd mood when I got to the pub, I thought it might have been
because I was a bit late but he didn't say anything much about it. The
conversation was quite slow going so I thought we should go off somewhere more
intimate so we could talk more privately. We went to this restaurant and he was
STILL acting a bit funny. I tried to cheer him up and started to wonder whether
it was me or something else. I asked him, and he said no. But I wasn't really
sure. So anyway, in the cab on the way back to his house, I said that I loved
him, he just put his arm around me. I didn't know what the hell that meant
because he didn't say it back or anything. We finally got back to his place and
I was wondering if he was going to dump me! I tried to ask him about it but he
just switched on the TV. Reluctantly, I said I was going to go to sleep. Then
after about 10 minutes, he joined me and we had sex - but he still seemed
really distracted, I just wanted to leave but instead I cried myself to sleep.
I dunno, I just don't know what he thinks anymore. I mean, do you think he's
met someone else?

HIS SIDE OF THE STORY

England lost again. Tired. Bit p**sed. Got a shag though!
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:34:03 AM

Your evidence that this statement is false.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:38:11 AM

What research, studies, etc. have you done that contributed to this conclusion? It can be entirely dismantled on the basis of the premises being nothing but massive generalizations. It seems you're asserting your opinion as fact. Your correlations are also far-fetched and misrepresented. You wrote, "Women have skyrocketing levels of depression and suicidality, the divorce rate skyrocketed as well." I could just as easily replace the word women with men and the same statistic would be true. I could attribute it to the economy and that would also be true.

I've noticed a trend where you feel the need to seemingly defend anti-PC positions. Right here you're implying that feminist movements have done more harm than good for society. Lol, that's rich. Tell me more about my social and biological needs.
President of DDO
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:38:42 AM
At 3/18/2011 9:34:03 AM, darkkermit wrote:

I'm fairly sure she isn't going to provide evidence which falsifies her statement.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:44:25 AM
When a guy sits on DDO and says "Bitch make me a sandwich," guys dismiss it as an obvious joke and all laugh around and say lol. When a woman makes a joke (A woman needs a man like a fish need a bicycle), everyone gets SUPER SERIOUS... rar! No! Women are not better than men! Wtf!!! Lol, settle down. It's a fvcking joke. Although I personally believe women are "better" than men, I wouldn't want you all to get butt hurt about it. So. We're all of EQUAL worth and value :) I know how much people here love egalitarian values.
President of DDO
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:45:17 AM
At 3/18/2011 9:38:42 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

I'm fairly sure she isn't going to provide evidence which falsifies her statement.

Of course not, I was just implying that she's effing retarded and does not back her evidence with jack sh!t.
Open borders debate:
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:46:41 AM
At 3/18/2011 9:44:25 AM, Danielle wrote:
When a guy sits on DDO and says "Bitch make me a sandwich," guys dismiss it as an obvious joke and all laugh around and say lol. When a woman makes a joke (A woman needs a man like a fish need a bicycle), everyone gets SUPER SERIOUS... rar! No! Women are not better than men! Wtf!!! Lol, settle down. It's a fvcking joke. Although I personally believe women are "better" than men, I wouldn't want you all to get butt hurt about it. So. We're all of EQUAL worth and value :) I know how much people here love egalitarian values.

I agree, but who got upset about it?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:51:33 AM
At 3/18/2011 9:46:41 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

And to be fair to darkkermit, she isn't joking.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 9:59:29 AM
At 3/18/2011 12:51:40 AM, nonentity wrote:
Men are also more susceptible to sex-linked diseases...

I'd say that the number of women with an STD is higher than the number of men. But that either way, the numbers are probably pretty close. Since the majority of STDs are from hetero sex (since the majority of people are heterosexual). But, since a man is going to be more likely to have sex with any woman at a bar, a single man will pass to more women (damn slutty men). While the only women that are passing to multiple men are the slutty girls. And I'm a firm believer that there are more slutty men, than slutty girls.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 10:01:54 AM
At 3/18/2011 9:59:29 AM, OreEle wrote:

I'd say that the number of women with an STD is higher than the number of men. But that either way, the numbers are probably pretty close. Since the majority of STDs are from hetero sex (since the majority of people are heterosexual). But, since a man is going to be more likely to have sex with any woman at a bar, a single man will pass to more women (damn slutty men). While the only women that are passing to multiple men are the slutty girls. And I'm a firm believer that there are more slutty men, than slutty girls.

Down with this sort of thing!
artwomyn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 10:33:51 AM
At 3/18/2011 9:45:17 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Of course not, I was just implying that she's effing retarded and does not back her evidence with jack sh!t.

There's plenty of evidence, that women are better than men. Women didn't start wars, build bombs, destroy the planet's ecosystem, create oppressive patriarchal religions and value systems, etc., etc. Men are behind 99%, of the problems in ths world that we live in. Men have run the world, and still do. And we can all see what terrible shape, that the world's in today!

In today's world, we need more compassion for our fellow humans, good social skills, kindness, adaptability, foresight, understanding, empathy, and sharing. These are all skills, that women excel at. The world is in such bad shape, that we can no longer afford to run it via the male paradigm of violence, domination, greed, excessive competition, oppression, patriarchal value systems, and excessive selfishness.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 10:56:47 AM
At 3/18/2011 9:51:33 AM, Thaddeus wrote:

Yea. And to be fair, its just that I general really dislike artwomyn. I sent her a debate challenge to back up some of her claims she's been making in the forums.
Open borders debate:
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 11:02:29 AM
At 3/18/2011 10:56:47 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Yea. And to be fair, its just that I general really dislike artwomyn. I sent her a debate challenge to back up some of her claims she's been making in the forums.

Ditto. She doesn't debate it seems.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 11:10:56 AM
At 3/18/2011 11:02:29 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 3/18/2011 10:56:47 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Ditto. She doesn't debate it seems.

Really, she didn't accept the debate challenge? Wow, what a total b!tch? If your going to make ignorant statements and not even try to defend them in a formal debate, then why even come to the website?

Honestly, if she had a chance to win against anyone it would be me. I haven't won a single debate against someone who isn't a noob.
Open borders debate:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 11:27:51 AM
At 3/18/2011 10:33:51 AM, artwomyn wrote:
At 3/18/2011 9:45:17 AM, darkkermit wrote:

There's plenty of evidence, that women are better than men. Women didn't start wars, build bombs, destroy the planet's ecosystem, create oppressive patriarchal religions and value systems, etc., etc. Men are behind 99%, of the problems in ths world that we live in. Men have run the world, and still do. And we can all see what terrible shape, that the world's in today!

In today's world, we need more compassion for our fellow humans, good social skills, kindness, adaptability, foresight, understanding, empathy, and sharing. These are all skills, that women excel at. The world is in such bad shape, that we can no longer afford to run it via the male paradigm of violence, domination, greed, excessive competition, oppression, patriarchal value systems, and excessive selfishness.

Actually, women did build the bombs of WW2, as the men were busy using those bombs.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 12:01:20 PM
She needs to can it. RAR ME ANGRY LESBIAN, ME HATE MEN, RAR. God damn, bish, I'm a lesbian too but you don't see me spouting ignorant sh1t like that.

Equal amounts of men and women are absolutely clueless about most things - remember that. Our genders are equally retarded.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 12:11:55 PM
At 3/18/2011 9:59:29 AM, OreEle wrote:

Lol that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about genetic diseases on the X chromosome. Women are genetically superior!
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 12:16:28 PM

A large contributing factor to these "disasters" is the fact that men have been in the majority power for most of humankind's existence. So contributing many of the blemishes of humankind and pointing them out as men doesn't prove much of a point, especially when on the other hand I can point to all the accomplishments men have made. Look at the great poets, scientists, philosophers, humanitarians, etc. So many men! Are men thus better? No, it's because of an ancient history of asymmetrical power.

It has entertained me that I could perhaps entertain your position if you were pushing for some ethics of care ...but I highly doubt your position is remotely similar in terms of being valid and worthy of consideration.