Jump to topic:

"Bullying"? - It Does NOT Happen!

racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2011 8:58:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bullying is not a serious word. It is a Disney word, a plastic word, a weasel word. It's a euphemism for much darker stuff. The standard version - a big overweight pre pubescent boy thumping a smaller kid who cries and runs away. That's the image we're supposed to go along with and conclude that it's really no more than an innocent prank.

My version of what bullying is is slightly different. It is used to mask the actual and
real act that is being committed. Children who bully other children are born criminals in their latent phase. They are bad seed. They will never alter their antisocial destruction. When they grow older, they will continue their malicious conduct, but this time with knives, guns, drugs, needles, bureaucratic regulations, insurance scams, whatever it takes to get their rocks off.

Compare a schoolyard at lunchtime with a high security jail yard at lunchtime and the behavior is indistinguishable. Charlie Manson was a kid once and he wasn't a very nice kid. Children are born savages and can be trained to mimic any behavior
desired. Once they're free to go feral, complaining is way too late.

This word (bullying) is calculated to be used in place of the plain English word which conveys the true act being performed. Torture. The child who bullies is not out to merely harm the victim. They intend to actually kill them and would do so given no social restraint or the opportunity to get away with it. They go after their victims with a vengeance and expect serious damage. They want blood. They want broken bones and scrambled internal organs. They want the victim off the planet - literally - and since they're too gutless to do the job physically, they get the victim to do it to themselves over a longer time frame, thus extending their own enjoyment and pleasure. They expect to get away with it even to the point of concocting vicious lies to blame their victim.

But children are not torturers, are they, I hear you cry? They're too cute and cuddly to engage in overtly criminal behavior, aren't they? When they frighten their targets (other children) with telephone and computer death threats, they're really committing 'Pranks", aren't they? That sweet little girl wouldn't really want to see a classmate hang herself after years of mental abuse (torture) by the sweet little thing , now would she? Those weasel words and euphemisms are daily used as hand wringing excuses to avoid a critical appraisal of criminal behavior among children.

Once they grow up, those same acts are seen quite differently by the rest of society, especially organizations such as the UN - this is the UN's version of schoolyard behavior extended to the world scene through Wikipedia -

"Torture...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is
intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining information or a
confession. Punishment for an act they have or are alleged to have committed - or
intimidating or coercing or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of other persons acting in unison. " --UN Convention Against
Torture[1]

The same mini tyrants evolve to be our bosses, priests, rogue cops, criminal
gangsters, corrupt politicians and even jolly radio shock jocks. We have much for
which to be grateful.
NervousGirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 4:29:57 AM
At 4/6/2011 8:58:44 PM, racist wrote:
Bullying is not a serious word. It is a Disney word, a plastic word, a weasel word. It's a euphemism for much darker stuff. The standard version - a big overweight pre pubescent boy thumping a smaller kid who cries and runs away. That's the image we're supposed to go along with and conclude that it's really no more than an innocent prank.

My version of what bullying is is slightly different. It is used to mask the actual and
real act that is being committed. Children who bully other children are born criminals in their latent phase. They are bad seed. They will never alter their antisocial destruction. When they grow older, they will continue their malicious conduct, but this time with knives, guns, drugs, needles, bureaucratic regulations, insurance scams, whatever it takes to get their rocks off.

Compare a schoolyard at lunchtime with a high security jail yard at lunchtime and the behavior is indistinguishable. Charlie Manson was a kid once and he wasn't a very nice kid. Children are born savages and can be trained to mimic any behavior
desired. Once they're free to go feral, complaining is way too late.

This word (bullying) is calculated to be used in place of the plain English word which conveys the true act being performed. Torture. The child who bullies is not out to merely harm the victim. They intend to actually kill them and would do so given no social restraint or the opportunity to get away with it. They go after their victims with a vengeance and expect serious damage. They want blood. They want broken bones and scrambled internal organs. They want the victim off the planet - literally - and since they're too gutless to do the job physically, they get the victim to do it to themselves over a longer time frame, thus extending their own enjoyment and pleasure. They expect to get away with it even to the point of concocting vicious lies to blame their victim.

But children are not torturers, are they, I hear you cry? They're too cute and cuddly to engage in overtly criminal behavior, aren't they? When they frighten their targets (other children) with telephone and computer death threats, they're really committing 'Pranks", aren't they? That sweet little girl wouldn't really want to see a classmate hang herself after years of mental abuse (torture) by the sweet little thing , now would she? Those weasel words and euphemisms are daily used as hand wringing excuses to avoid a critical appraisal of criminal behavior among children.

Once they grow up, those same acts are seen quite differently by the rest of society, especially organizations such as the UN - this is the UN's version of schoolyard behavior extended to the world scene through Wikipedia -

"Torture...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is
intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining information or a
confession. Punishment for an act they have or are alleged to have committed - or
intimidating or coercing or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of other persons acting in unison. " --UN Convention Against
Torture[1]

The same mini tyrants evolve to be our bosses, priests, rogue cops, criminal
gangsters, corrupt politicians and even jolly radio shock jocks. We have much for
which to be grateful.

I agree with you there, the best example I can provide of your arguement in literary terms would be the novel by William Golding called 'Lord of the Flies'.
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 10:28:16 AM

This is the only part I disagree with, I dont think kids who bully intend to actually kill the other children, they just want to see them in pain. It gives them a sense of power and if they kill the kid, the source of this feeling of power, then they lose that power.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 7:19:00 PM
At 4/7/2011 4:29:57 AM, NervousGirl wrote:

I agree with you there, the best example I can provide of your arguement in literary terms would be the novel by William Golding called 'Lord of the Flies'.

Agreed, & thanx for that - I grow a bit weary of the anthropomorphization of animals too. Most parents have no idea what is said and done i close company in the schoolyard. Those that get a sample automatically go into denial. Cheers!

racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 7:33:51 PM
At 4/7/2011 10:28:16 AM, Heathen wrote

This is the only part I disagree with, I don't think kids who bully intend to actually kill the other children, they just want to see them in pain. It gives them a sense of power and if they kill the kid, the source of this feeling of power, then they lose that power.

Unfortunately I can't bring myself to be quite so charitable. Your power theory is based on the assumption that one kill would be enough. I suggest that someone with that disposition would escalate their pleasures with continuous action just like any serial killer.The only impedance to an actual killing is the fear of not getting away with it. Mind you, what has gone before without being detected and in covert places is anyone's guess. You've heard of secret fight clubs and dog fight pits and all other manner of nasties. The same kids, as you might well have observed, also play the most appalling and nasty computer games imaginable. They don't buy the cutesy pie stuff, not interested. Talk to a game shop owner and let him tell you what the little cherubs are desperate for - ultra violence, super industrial strength. If it were possible to compare our theories in a lab test, and the kids were guaranteed immunity from all fault, we would see plenty of blood on the walls. My warning is that society's brake linings, I'm afraid, need some serious servicing and adjustments, really soon. Cheers!
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 7:36:39 PM
Bullying is not a serious word. It is a Disney word, a plastic word, a weasel word.

Bullying was not a word invented by Disney. It is as serious a word as robbing or assaulting. That you reject beating up someone weaker than you are as being a crime does not make you right by any objective determination. Saying "bullying is not a real word" so that you can go out and bully someone is no more right than saying "murder is not a real word" to excuse going out and committing murder.

There's no plasticness nor weaseling to it, and none of your flimsy excuses hold the slightest drop of water for me.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 8:28:24 PM
At 4/7/2011 7:36:39 PM, PervRat wrote:
Bullying is not a serious word. It is a Disney word, a plastic word, a weasel word.
Bullying was not a word invented by Disney.

I didn't say it was. But it might as well have been. It's a cutesy pie word with the same power as 'prank'. I wish you'd make an effort to hear other than your own prejudices.

It is as serious a word as robbing or assaulting.

No, it's not as serious - it is MORE serious than mere 'bullying' and that word should be thrown in the rubbish pit the same as 'collateral damage' an all manner of euphemisms. We are actually in agreement, genius, but you seem to be looking for someone to screech at like a spoiled little girl. Grow up, if you've got the balls. Your move. Cheers!
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 10:27:06 PM
At 4/7/2011 7:33:51 PM, racist wrote:

This is the only part I disagree with, I don't think kids who bully intend to actually kill the other children, they just want to see them in pain. It gives them a sense of power and if they kill the kid, the source of this feeling of power, then they lose that power.

Unfortunately I can't bring myself to be quite so charitable. Your power theory is based on the assumption that one kill would be enough. I suggest that someone with that disposition would escalate their pleasures with continuous action just like any serial killer.The only impedance to an actual killing is the fear of not getting away with it. Mind you, what has gone before without being detected and in covert places is anyone's guess. You've heard of secret fight clubs and dog fight pits and all other manner of nasties. The same kids, as you might well have observed, also play the most appalling and nasty computer games imaginable. They don't buy the cutesy pie stuff, not interested. Talk to a game shop owner and let him tell you what the little cherubs are desperate for - ultra violence, super industrial strength. If it were possible to compare our theories in a lab test, and the kids were guaranteed immunity from all fault, we would see plenty of blood on the walls. My warning is that society's brake linings, I'm afraid, need some serious servicing and adjustments, really soon. Cheers!

Well when you put it like that, I cant disagree.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2011 10:41:48 PM
At 4/7/2011 10:27:06 PM, Heathen wrote:
At 4/7/2011 7:33:51 PM, racist wrote:

Well when you put it like that, I cant disagree.

I appreciate your astute approach and the thought behind the response. Unfortunately, if it was just the "bullying' that was the problem, life would be easier. But there are cover ups and weasel words for much unattractive activity.