Jump to topic:

Women who marry Men they dont love ?

interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 1:34:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have a friend, and she is what you call the independent Woman. She is about age
34 and she just lost her fiance about 3 years ago. Fast forward............She meets a
new guy at a club. He is a millionaire, and she is not initially attracted to him.
As times goes on, they conversate, meet up from time to time. He buys her gifts
and other necessities of life. So she is intrigued and he continues to do the same.
Her words to me about the situation. "Love hurts", I dont want love.
So is this why she is marrying this wealthy Man who came from far away ?
Her reasons are mainly materialistic obviously. But she claims that is not the issue.
Hmmmm. Do you believe her or not ?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 2:05:03 PM
At 4/14/2011 1:34:19 PM, interrogator wrote:
I have a friend, and she is what you call the independent Woman. She is about age
34 and she just lost her fiance about 3 years ago. Fast forward............She meets a
new guy at a club. He is a millionaire, and she is not initially attracted to him.
and other necessities of life. So she is intrigued and he continues to do the same.
Her reasons are mainly materialistic obviously. But she claims that is not the issue.

you have a friend?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 2:05:47 PM
and your friend is a girl? OH this is one of those fake threads right? you're funny
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 1:33:44 AM
At 4/15/2011 12:10:58 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Is she short? Everyone loves a shorty!

You need to start ending these with a SQUAWK!!!!
kfc
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 1:36:00 AM

Why should it matter? Let her live her life without inviting strangers to comment on it.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 1:36:51 AM
At 4/15/2011 1:33:44 AM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

I'm surprised you haven't posted a rant about how capitalism is the cause of this problem.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 2:31:12 AM
At 4/15/2011 1:36:51 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:

I'm surprised you haven't posted a rant about how capitalism is the cause of this problem.

Awww cut rob some slack... sqwaaaawwk!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 3:16:54 AM

You do know that the vast majority of marriages in our history are not the result of love but some other arrangement. Or is your implication that she is giving him sex without love for his money which would maker her a ........
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 7:01:48 AM
lol interrogators one true love is marrying a rich man. How much do you want to bet that he's never even said one word to his friend but is just a creeper staring at her in public places.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Extremely-Far-Right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2011 7:12:48 AM

Well is this in some Middle Eastern country where some of the most extreme Muslim law is advocated? Because if so, marriages like this happen all the time.

Hmmmm...I can also maybe think of India or some other places such as Africa as well. If it is primarily her conscience and not for religious reasons, then it is psychological and that is beyond what many know.

And really, the word "conversate"? lol
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 7:59:23 AM
Hmmmm. Do you believe her or not ?:

She's right. Love does hurt... But it also feels amazing, and only looking at the tragedy from one side (the side where she hurts from the lost, and forgets all the wonderful memories) is doing herself an injustice.

I would gently ask her, as a friend, if she truly wants to be with someone she has no business being with. It sounds as if because she hurt once, she refuses to ever maker herself that vulnerable again. So she's filling up her life with material possessions. Her marriage is doomed to fail. Even a good relationship is hard work, without the added stress of being with someone who will never measure up to her first love who died. She will eventually grow to resent this guy, he will resent her for not ever having enough money to replace the love she felt for her true love.

It sounds like a mistake to me too, but you need to ease in to that conversation and not get all preachy on her. Just be her friend, offer kind advice, but ultimately let her be a big girl.

P.S. I hate the word "conversate" in place of the word "converse."
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 8:00:26 AM
At 4/15/2011 1:36:51 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:

I'm surprised you haven't posted a rant about how capitalism is the cause of this problem.:

Heh.... That makes two of us.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)