Jump to topic:

Advertising Abortion Clinics on TV

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2009 8:44:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Great news for one of my latest enterprises: Prontobort™ Terminations.

Abortion clinics will soon be allowed to advertise on TV (1).

The only caveat is that abortion commercials cannot be shown during programmes aimed at youngsters under the age of 10, but since we get very little business from pre-pubescent children, that's no big deal.

Anyway, here is a sneak preview of our first ad:

INT. DAY. MLS.

Bright, modern call centre, many computer terminals occupied by smart, efficient, friendly-looking female operators wearing telephone headsets. We see an unshaven doctor wearing a blood-splattered white coat walk across the back of the set, hands in pockets, smoking a cigarette.

CUT TO C.U.

Attractive female operator, Julie. She smiles pleasantly displaying her perfect white teeth. She speaks with an American accent.

JULIE – Prontobort™ Terminations: you rape ‘em, we scrape ‘em; how can I help you?

VOICEOVER OF MALE CALLER (speaking gruffly with a working class British accent) - I've got my bird up the duff but I managed to persuade her to get rid of it. Can you do the business before she changes her mind?

JULIE – Sure we can, sir, we can have your girlfriend seen to in a jiffy. You see, unlike some other abortion clinics, we don't employ unnecessary councillors or fussy nurses, and that saves you both time and money. Plus, as a new customer you can take advantage of our latest special offer – have two abortions at Prontobort™ within a six month period and we'll give you the third one free!

VOICEOVER OF MALE CALLER – Crikey, that sounds great; I'll send her down right away.

JULIE – We look forward to seeing her, have a nice day!

CUT TO EXT DAY. MLS.

Prontobort clinic, a pristine white building set in manicured grounds. In the middle distance we see what appears to be a foetus being thrown out of an open window on the side of the clinic, it is collected and promptly devoured by a stray dog.

UPBEAT MUSIC. FADE TO TITLES.

By allowing adverts for abortion services to be shown on TV, I believe the Government will be making the right decision as these commercials inform naïve teens who find themselves, or their girlfriends "in the family way" and will also have the benefit of attracting more customers through the doors of Prontobort™ Terminations. That will mean more profit for us and hence, more taxes paid to the National Health Service which will enable them to provide more free abortions for those who cannot afford to go private.

(1) http://www.dailymail.co.uk......

Prontobort™ is a trademark of Eggleston's Ethical Industries Inc.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2009 8:48:39 AM
Daily Mail? More like the Daily Fail. Aren't they like a British tabloid?
Regardless, I lol'd.
And your link goes to their homepage, not the story.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2009 9:20:11 AM
That's a good step for society. Ireland still has to take the step to allow couples to go overseas at will to get abortion, nevermind letting an abortion clinic set up shop here!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Nail_Bat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2009 12:17:15 PM
HEY!!!

Do you want your pregnancy to be SO TERMINATED!?!?!

Try POWER-CIDE! The embryo removal that gives you GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF BABY KILLING!

Available in flavors like WIRE HANGER! It's like adding a wardrobe closet to a SAMURAI SWORD! Sound the alarm, you're going to be UNCOMFORTABLY NON PREGNANT!

What's that? You want pro-life? Well how about PRO-KNIFE!!!! Made with murder! REAL MURDER!!! Sex! (AAAAAAAAAAAHH!) You can have it again! It's murder for the maternal! MURDERNAL!!! These aren't your mom's puns. These are killer puns! MURDER PUNS!!!!

Killing! Abortion! Killing! Abortion! Infanticide, homicide, power-cide, more cide than YOUR UTERUS HAS ROOM FOR!
one-2-won
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 4:10:26 PM
I am pro-choice.
In a sense, I do see this to be a step forward in society, but whether it is a necessary one or not, I am doubtful.
I think, the vast majority of people are aware of abortions as it is, especially with the great controversy surrounding them. Therefore, advertising is not very necessary and even if, for whatever reason they were not aware of them, on falling pregnant, I'm sure doctors/friends/family members would highlight this as an alternative.
Ideally, nobody would have abortions, but as a woman I do feel it is a person's right to have one, though I do fear, advertising them almost makes it like a form of contraception, which is wrong.
Also, in an age, where there is controversy surrounding, cigarette ads and junk food ads, having abortion ads, does seem a bit out of place.
I wouldn't condemn such ads, I just don't believe they're needed and that they would be causing offence/controversy unnecessarily.
FemaleGamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 8:46:19 PM
We take your baby, stab it, then put it back in just to stab it again!

HELL, WE'LL EVEN LET YOU TAKE A STAB AT IT!

All them Pro-liferrs can STAB AT IT TOO! Thats right, you heard me! ANYBODY CAN DO IT! NO LICENSE NEEDED!
TODAY IS CAPS LOCK DAY. yes
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2009 6:41:43 AM
Thank you all. Sincerely.
For reminding me once again of the absolute nessecity of a place called HELL.
Thank you.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 (New King James Version)
9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

The Cross.. the Cross.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2009 2:23:42 PM
At 5/18/2009 6:41:43 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Thank you.

9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

I'm going to report you, that was a personal insult based on a iable poitical position.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2009 3:04:48 PM
At 5/20/2009 2:23:42 PM, ournamestoolong wrote:
Thank you.

I'm going to report you, that was a personal insult based on a iable poitical position.

Be. my. guest.
Anyone who agrees with the murder of unborn children and who does not repent of this will spend eternity in hell.

Revelation 21:8 (New King James Version)
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

The Cross.. the Cross.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2009 4:08:11 PM

Be. my. guest.
Anyone who agrees with the murder of unborn children and who does not repent of this will spend eternity in hell.

But no one here "agrees with the murder" of fetuses. They agree with the woman whose fetus it is. There is no pro-death side of the argument, only pro-choice.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2009 7:03:02 AM
Well, not quite, Harlan. Many people who are pro choice also occasionally make recommendations supporting a given choice based on the circumstance :).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2009 7:37:06 AM
At 5/20/2009 4:08:11 PM, Harlan wrote:

Be. my. guest.

But no one here "agrees with the murder" of fetuses. They agree with the woman whose fetus it is. There is no pro-death side of the argument, only pro-choice.

But it not her 'body' to have a choice about is it?
And that in no way excuses the outright nastiness of this thread.

Revelation 20:11-15 (New King James Version)

The Great White Throne Judgment

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[a] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[b] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2009 10:41:39 AM
At 5/21/2009 7:37:06 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Actually it is. I know you don't understand a woman's body DAT, but a fetus is physically dependent upon the mother to live, therefore making it apart of the mother's body (or as some people say, a parasite, though I don't believe this).

The more you know.
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2009 3:58:17 PM

Be. my. guest.

I agree. This thread is horrific and perverse.

And would you not agree that the baby growing inside of a woman has a large effect on her body? And that it is physically attached to her and using her nutrients?
Harlan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2009 4:01:07 PM
At 5/21/2009 7:03:02 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Well, not quite, Harlan. Many people who are pro choice also occasionally make recommendations supporting a given choice based on the circumstance :).

That's true, but no one agrees with abortion on principle. They may have an opinion as to what the woman's choice should be, but no one wishes to make the decision for her, as the pro-life side does.
FemaleGamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2009 5:38:58 PM

Be. my. guest.

Revelation 20:11-15 (New King James Version)

The Great White Throne Judgment

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,[a] and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[b] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Yah, it is her husbands choice, 60 years ago..
TODAY IS CAPS LOCK DAY. yes
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2009 10:12:39 PM
At 5/25/2009 9:59:53 PM, josh_42 wrote:
it is sad so many people approve killing.

Its either legalize it and regulate it to some extent, or let the women go to some back-alley abortionist and then you'll lose two lives. Isn't that really an approval of killing as well?
Nail_Bat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2009 12:26:38 PM
Thank you.

You look tense. Would you care for a free abortion? Now available for men!!!
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2009 3:17:28 PM
At 3/28/2009 12:17:15 PM, Nail_Bat wrote:
HEY!!!

Do you want your pregnancy to be SO TERMINATED!?!?!

Try POWER-CIDE! The embryo removal that gives you GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF BABY KILLING!

Available in flavors like WIRE HANGER! It's like adding a wardrobe closet to a SAMURAI SWORD! Sound the alarm, you're going to be UNCOMFORTABLY NON PREGNANT!

What's that? You want pro-life? Well how about PRO-KNIFE!!!! Made with murder! REAL MURDER!!! Sex! (AAAAAAAAAAAHH!) You can have it again! It's murder for the maternal! MURDERNAL!!! These aren't your mom's puns. These are killer puns! MURDER PUNS!!!!

Killing! Abortion! Killing! Abortion! Infanticide, homicide, power-cide, more cide than YOUR UTERUS HAS ROOM FOR!

HAHA I think I get this reference. The Collegehumor youtube vid? Powerthirst, I think that's it.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 6:44:54 AM
Matthew 12:36
But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 8:33:42 AM
At 6/5/2009 6:44:54 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

The 50th time you've posted that one, probably. And we still don't care.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 12:20:39 PM

I wonder how much you'll pay for your comments.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2009 12:42:29 PM
At 6/5/2009 12:20:39 PM, Volkov wrote:

2000 comments to give an account of. I doubt God will bother to do this with millions of people daily.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2009 11:07:31 AM
At 6/5/2009 12:42:29 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/5/2009 12:20:39 PM, Volkov wrote:

2000 comments to give an account of. I doubt God will bother to do this with millions of people daily.

Yes He will. Unless you are forgiven. Like me.

James 3:8-10 (New King James Version)
8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2009 5:53:29 AM
At 6/9/2009 1:55:41 PM, LB628 wrote:
DATC, are you familiar with the concept of satire?

Sure.. The murder of defenceless unborn children is NOT appropriate material for satirical treatment.

2 Corinthians 5:10 (New King James Version)
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

The Cross.. the Cross.
Scyrone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2009 7:20:34 AM
At 5/20/2009 3:04:48 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Thank you.

Be. my. guest.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

You know God supports abortions:

Hosea 9:11-16

"Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb."

Hosea 13:16

"their women with child shall be ripped up."

So by being pro-life, let me remind you that that place called Hell is for YOU (lol, God failz, along with all the Xtians).
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2009 2:41:28 AM
At 6/13/2009 7:20:34 AM, Scyrone wrote:
At 5/20/2009 3:04:48 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
For reminding me once again of the absolute necessity of a place called HELL.
Thank you.

Be. my. guest.

You know God supports abortions:

Hosea 9:11-16

"Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. . .Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb."

Hosea 13:16

"their women with child shall be ripped up."

Because the Word of the Living god has no power in you , it has no power for you..

This is simply an Old Testament (when shall we discuss the NEW testament/covenant I wonder? with all that MERCY and LOVE and FOREGIVENESS?) prophet proclaiming what happens to those nations that reject God.. Apart from a number of other things it is a physical shadow of a spiritual Truth.

So by being pro-life, let me remind you that that place called Hell is for YOU (lol, God failz, along with all the Xtians).

Hell is the absence of God.. Everything you do or say (or post) moves you a little closer or a little further away..
I've been forgiven all of my 'moving away'..
Unless you 'clothe yourself in Christ' you will stand naked before God in your iniquity.
God cannot have sin in his presence.. you will be cast away.. forever.

John 14:6 (New King James Version)
6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

The Cross.. the Cross.