Jump to topic:

Former Nazi Soldiers- Charged with war crimes

Immortality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2011 10:47:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Greetings! This is my first post on this website and I look forward to reading the responses I will hopefully receive, for what I believe, is a major controversial issue.

The debatable issue I will allude, is the dispute of whether or not former Nazi soldiers should be prosecuted in a court of law, for the transgressions they committed during World War 2. As a person who is only aware of what transpired during the Holocaust through the words of books, I remain an affirmer that Nazis should be impeached based on the severity of what they manifested. However, I do take into account that there were differentiating standards of behavior and expectations during the period of time these offenses occurred.

In turn, I ask you if you concur that former Nazi soldiers should be prosecuted with war crimes or not. An explanation to why you believe this would be enlightening.

Thanks
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 12:17:34 AM
You've generalized the term 'Nazi soldiers'. Are you referring to all soldiers of the Third Reich or just the ones who worked in the death camps? Or would you classify any explicit targeting of the civilian population to be a war crime? (In which case surely the Allies would have been just as guilty in some instances)
Immortality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 1:02:16 AM
: At 4/28/2011 12:17:34 AM, MikeLoviN wrote:
You've generalized the term 'Nazi soldiers'. Are you referring to all soldiers of the Third Reich or just the ones who worked in the death camps? Or would you classify any explicit targeting of the civilian population to be a war crime? (In which case surely the Allies would have been just as guilty in some instances)

I see that I have indeed generalized the term 'Nazi soldiers'. I apologize for not being more specific earlier on. First, I feel the need to explain that by "war crime", I am referring to crimes committed against an enemy, prisoners of war, or subjects in wartime that violate international agreements or, as in the case of genocide, are offenses against humanity.

In turn, by 'Nazi soldiers' I'm explicitly referring to any Nazi who committed crimes that involved the action of genocidal activity. This would definitely mean all death camp workers and a majority of the Third Reich.

You brought up a valid point about "Allies" being just as guilty in some circumstances. As I do agree with this statement, I think it's perfectly applicable to also address the people who made explicit attacks on the civil population. Thus meaning allies and accomplices. (Though they would not be deemed as what I referred to as "former Nazi soldiers".)

Thanks
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 2:29:05 AM
Yes, let's sh!t on the German's some more. I hear from a somewhat reliable source that they are actually into that sort of thing.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 9:48:30 AM
At 4/27/2011 10:47:51 PM, Immortality wrote:
Greetings! This is my first post on this website and I look forward to reading the responses I will hopefully receive, for what I believe, is a major controversial issue.

The debatable issue I will allude, is the dispute of whether or not former Nazi soldiers should be prosecuted in a court of law, for the transgressions they committed during World War 2. As a person who is only aware of what transpired during the Holocaust through the words of books, I remain an affirmer that Nazis should be impeached based on the severity of what they manifested. However, I do take into account that there were differentiating standards of behavior and expectations during the period of time these offenses occurred.

In turn, I ask you if you concur that former Nazi soldiers should be prosecuted with war crimes or not. An explanation to why you believe this would be enlightening.:

Not all Nazi's should be imprisoned just for being a Nazi. There were 16 year old privates who did not have the wherewithal to fully grasp what was going on, and only so many Nazi's had the knowledge that concentration camps even existed. That was a long held secret from the world and much of Germany even. It was classified information.

But if it can be proven that, say, a Nazi officer worked at a concentration camp, then yes, prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I don't care if they're 91 years old. They don't get a pass.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 7:33:56 PM
At 4/28/2011 9:48:30 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Not all Nazi's should be imprisoned just for being a Nazi.

Note war crimes are a specific charge and it isn't as simple as something which would be a crime if it was not war time. For example the Canadian war crime act cites things such as genocide or sexual violence as a war crime. However it also does use some very vague language such as "a crime against humanity" which is basically that which is criminal as recognized by the body of nations.
Cliff.Stamp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 7:35:03 PM
At 4/27/2011 10:47:51 PM, Immortality wrote:

I remain an affirmer that Nazis should be impeached based on the severity of what they manifested.

Every member of the party, or just every soldier, or everyone in command?
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 11:57:06 PM
I'm biased since my great grandfather was a Nazi... And the thought of him being 93 and in jail horrifies me.

He could take it. And would still live even while incarcerated...

But what's the point?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.