Royal Wedding Excitement

andyh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 6:02:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't care about how monarchy is unfair and all tha malarky,
I am incredibly excited about the Royal Wedding and no-one can dampen it for me haha. I will be in London tomorrow watching it all on a big screen in Hyde Park. Anyone else attending?
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 6:30:21 AM
At 4/28/2011 6:02:53 AM, andyh wrote:
I am incredibly excited about the Royal Wedding and no-one can dampen it for me haha. I will be in London tomorrow watching it all on a big screen in Hyde Park. Anyone else attending?

I live in London but I'm going away for the long weekend and will miss the whole show.

I quite like the pomp and ceremony: nobody does that as well as us Brits; but I'm not really bothered about watching two ultra-orthodox toffs getting hitched, although I'd be sorry if I missed something going wrong…perhaps Kate will walk up the aisle with the back of her dress tucked into her knickers or something?

By the way, am I the only bloke to think that Prince William could have done better? I'm not saying Kate's ugly, but she hasn't got very big t1ts, has she?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 9:30:31 AM
I don't understand why it's supposed to be so terribly interesting. It's about as interesting as tabloid gossip.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 3:06:31 PM
Since that is technically the royal family of us Canadians too you'd think that more of us would be interested in it, but we don't really seem to have extreme interest in it either. I certainly don't. I remember reading somewhere that about 80% of Brits don't care about the royal wedding.
Solomon_Kane
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 5:10:30 PM
At 4/28/2011 6:02:53 AM, andyh wrote:
I get a day off work. That aside, I couldn't give less of a damn.
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 5:35:02 PM
Every time I see it advertised in the news or plastered on magazine covers I gag a little. Not because of my contempt for the monarchy or any of that, but because it forces me to come to terms with the world that I live in. To see so many people obsessed with the personal lives of others down to the most trivial of details makes me sad for humanity. This goes for all of the noise that surrounds 'celebrities' these days. Quite frankly if it were up to me anybody caught discussing the wardrobe or relationship status etc... of their favourite 'musician' (or whatever) would be shot. Although, I must say that this tabloid garbage really makes it easier to identify the idiots in society.

So in conclusion, not only do I not give the slightest bit of a sh!t... but I also pity anyone who does. Nothing personal.
andyh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 5:38:41 PM
its just an excuse for a party! plus i actually happen to be slightly in love with kate middleton. shes the perfect middle class girl.
my bottles of champagne & picnic are ready, i can't wait!
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 5:45:09 PM
At 4/28/2011 5:38:41 PM, andyh wrote:
its just an excuse for a party! plus i actually happen to be slightly in love with kate middleton. shes the perfect middle class girl.

Lol. Now that just sounds like you getting drunk to avoid coming to terms with the fact that she's marrying someone else :P
andyh
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2011 6:22:19 PM
At 4/28/2011 5:45:09 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:

Lol. Now that just sounds like you getting drunk to avoid coming to terms with the fact that she's marrying someone else :P

A man can dream. I love pagentry and the spectacle too. Although I'm generally against nationalim and think patriotism is often stupid, I really love the show and the unity state occasions bring.
1stLordofTheVenerability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:26:20 AM
At 4/28/2011 6:22:19 PM, andyh wrote:
At 4/28/2011 5:45:09 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:

A man can dream. I love pagentry and the spectacle too. Although I'm generally against nationalim and think patriotism is often stupid, I really love the show and the unity state occasions bring.

Pippa looked just as smashing, I would say. :D She was the Number 1 Yahoo search, yesterday. I doubt it that very many were asking, "Who the heck is Pippa Middleton?"

I'm Canadian, and I watched the Wedding over the telly (no... I didn't get up at 6 in the morning to view it. lol I had it taped). It was a fabulous display, and I quite enjoyed the ceremony. The CTV anchors kept yawning on about Kate's dress, though, which became quite dull and repetitive. I suppose that one runs out of things to talk about after a day of broadcasting. Personally, I think Harry looked more dapper than did William - William should have had an Aguelette and stuck with his RAF uniform rather than the blue sash of the Irish Guards.

It was well done, for sure. Now, I've heard the word about that Kate hadn't signed any prenuptual agreement. I can't believe that, for they wouldn't want her receiving any Royal property in the case of divorce. Does anybody know anything about that?

Splendid day for the two, and I hope the marriage lasts! they should have it rather nice at Anglesey.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 11:42:49 AM
At 5/4/2011 11:26:20 AM, 1stLordofTheVenerability wrote:

Pippa looked just as smashing, I would say. :D She was the Number 1 Yahoo search, yesterday. I doubt it that very many were asking, "Who the heck is Pippa Middleton?"

I'm Canadian,

Lies!

and I watched the Wedding over the telly (no... I didn't get up at 6 in the morning to view it. lol I had it taped). It was a fabulous display, and I quite enjoyed the ceremony. The CTV anchors kept yawning on about Kate's dress, though, which became quite dull and repetitive. I suppose that one runs out of things to talk about after a day of broadcasting. Personally, I think Harry looked more dapper than did William - William should have had an Aguelette and stuck with his RAF uniform rather than the blue sash of the Irish Guards.
1stLordofTheVenerability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 3:04:55 PM
At 5/4/2011 11:42:49 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 5/4/2011 11:26:20 AM, 1stLordofTheVenerability wrote:

I'm Canadian,

Lies!

and I watched the Wedding over the telly (no... I didn't get up at 6 in the morning to view it. lol I had it taped). It was a fabulous display, and I quite enjoyed the ceremony. The CTV anchors kept yawning on about Kate's dress, though, which became quite dull and repetitive. I suppose that one runs out of things to talk about after a day of broadcasting. Personally, I think Harry looked more dapper than did William - William should have had an Aguelette and stuck with his RAF uniform rather than the blue sash of the Irish Guards.

So... you're assuming that, due to a few adoptions I've made in British terminology over the years, I'm not actually Canadian? I would like that to be so. :P And I am capable of obtaining a British passport, due to direct heritage to jolly Britain (as well as being a member of the Commonwealth), but I am still, alas, Canadian. Perhaps you overlooked the mention of CTV? If I were to be in Britain, how would I receive the channel and be stuck listening to Lisa Laflamme's commentaries? lol
1stLordofTheVenerability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 8:31:29 PM
At 5/4/2011 5:02:27 PM, nonentity wrote:
Relax... it was a joke. When I first came to Canada I spoke the same way.

Unfortunately, I'm not an immigrant. :P heh! Yeah, sorry, I didn't exactly mean to sound entirely serious, myself. Trying to balance it, in case you were. :P lol You're from the UK, then?
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2011 10:08:57 PM
At 5/4/2011 8:31:29 PM, 1stLordofTheVenerability wrote:
At 5/4/2011 5:02:27 PM, nonentity wrote:
Relax... it was a joke. When I first came to Canada I spoke the same way.

Unfortunately, I'm not an immigrant. :P heh! Yeah, sorry, I didn't exactly mean to sound entirely serious, myself. Trying to balance it, in case you were. :P lol You're from the UK, then?

Ha, that's a bit weird then :p I'm not from the UK but my parents were taught European English. Even now, 20 years later, they still say words like "bloody" and "chips" instead of French Fries, and "parlour" instead of living room, etc.
chickenquiff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 2:21:00 AM

Ha, that's a bit weird then :p I'm not from the UK but my parents were taught European English. Even now, 20 years later, they still say words like "bloody" and "chips" instead of French Fries, and "parlour" instead of living room, etc.

Parlour instead of living room? Im British born and bred but Ive neve heard of that.
Ive just asked my asked my Gf aswell.... she gave me the WTF look.... mind you, she is grumpy in the morning :)
1stLordofTheVenerability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 2:56:09 PM
At 5/7/2011 2:21:00 AM, chickenquiff wrote:

Parlour instead of living room? Im British born and bred but Ive neve heard of that.
Ive just asked my asked my Gf aswell.... she gave me the WTF look.... mind you, she is grumpy in the morning :)

LOL! It obviously is those of the silent generation or baby boomers generation that called the living room, "Parlour." I haven't 'eard the flippin' word for a bloody long time. :P Which is unfortunate, since it's a much better term than, "Living room."

Weird? I prefer the term, "eccentric." ; )
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2011 3:34:32 PM
At 5/4/2011 3:04:55 PM, 1stLordofTheVenerability wrote:

So... you're assuming that, due to a few adoptions I've made in British terminology over the years, I'm not actually Canadian? I would like that to be so. :P And I am capable of obtaining a British passport, due to direct heritage to jolly Britain (as well as being a member of the Commonwealth), but I am still, alas, Canadian.

Seriously? Any Canadian could get a British passport? I have never heard of that before. I much prefer my Canadian passport though. :P
1stLordofTheVenerability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 9:47:13 AM
At 5/9/2011 3:34:32 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 5/4/2011 3:04:55 PM, 1stLordofTheVenerability wrote:

So... you're assuming that, due to a few adoptions I've made in British terminology over the years, I'm not actually Canadian? I would like that to be so. :P And I am capable of obtaining a British passport, due to direct heritage to jolly Britain (as well as being a member of the Commonwealth), but I am still, alas, Canadian.

Seriously? Any Canadian could get a British passport? I have never heard of that before. I much prefer my Canadian passport though. :P

Supposedly so. The "eligibility statement" says that, "You are eligible for a British passport if you are a British citizen, a British overseas territories citizen, a British national (overseas), a British overseas citizen, a British subject or a British protected person." http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk...

"British Subject," in Canada, has been changed to "Commonwealth Citizen" in 1977, but it means the same thing. Of course, applications are considered on an individual basis, and they do reserve the right to withhold passports from certain individuals for various circumstances (particularly having a criminal record). I have a direct male blood line to England, so it would be impossible for me to be denied a passport... Unless I committed a felony or something, which is improbable. :P lol

It wouldn't make much sense to permit Canadians to serve in the British Armed Forces, but then withhold a passport? lol

Yeah, the British passport is slightly more expensive, too... heh