Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Robot Slut - How Desirablel?

racist
Posts: 190
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 10:24:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's really just a matter of time before the first one goes on sale. The Multi nationals Mitsuphooey Gargantuan, Dark & Satanic Mills Corp in conjunction with Deathray Chemical Industries (the family company) have been developing one for decades and it's almost time. Let's say she's launched in a month or so. She will be priced at about the same tag as a standard sedan car. She can be ordered according to taste. Any nationality, any hairstyle, any body shape or skin quality and she's programmed to suit your individual personality to a tee. She will do everything and anything that you might like or fancy. She will never do anything you don't like. She's the perfect escort for functions. She has no concept of nagging, squabbling, criticism or neurosis. She will never have PMT. She will always be perfectly presented and she can be switched off and stored away. In other words, the perfect woman.

She never gets old and her parts are interchangeable. She is disease free. She is a master chef, earns you a fortune on the stock market or on World Series Poker and speaks any language on the planet. She is a chess master but will not humiliate you. She will not burden you with children, therefore divorce, though unnecessary is only the flick of a switch away. She has high re-sale value. She is available when your existing wife or girlfriend are not. She can step into any tricky social situation as your wife, daughter, partner, escort, companion or girlfriend. She is in a state of physical perfection and knows all your likes and dislikes. She is an Olympic standard athlete. She can fix any car or household appliance. She is a graduate engineer and has a PhD in Math, Literature and Psychology. In fact, she can step in for emergency therapy in any clinic. If you're as ugly as a car smash, she's ok with that. She is always willing to please. Happy and beautiful. How would YOU regard her?
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:13:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 10:42:58 PM, racist wrote:
At 5/5/2011 10:38:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i think they should be given the right to vote.

What a gem of a reply - marry me!


LOL you said "marry"
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
racist
Posts: 190
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:17:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 11:13:37 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 5/5/2011 10:42:58 PM, racist wrote:
At 5/5/2011 10:38:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i think they should be given the right to vote.

What a gem of a reply - marry me!


LOL you said "marry"
Yes I did. Do I need a ring to go with it? Just because I'm friendly, don't think I'm EASY! Cheers!
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:25:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This suggestion has been considered a great length in hentai (porn) anime (Japanese animation). The relatively tame Video Girl Ai http://en.wikipedia.org... has product defects making the girl robot into a troublesome tease.

Aside from robot sluts, anime more generally treats the topic of whether robot companions could become a suitable replacement for human love interests. The series Chobits http://en.wikipedia.org... is a fine exposition of the theme. One theme in the story is that free will may be required to in a good companion. Another is "It's OK to love a robot, so long as you realize that a disk crash can end the relationship."

I read of an experiment at MIT's Media Lab of a computer operating system that presented a realistic face and a personality to the user, somehow learning to get along with the user with artificial intelligence software. I don't know what happened with that.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:31:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anything that capable would be worth far more than a standard sedan. It could easily generate millions in revenue over a long period of time.

Anyway, a sentient robot would certainly be protected by libertarian negative rights and I would have serious problems enslaving such a being.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:57:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Good lord, all of that and no mention of modular design? Why the hell wouldn't there be? You want your robot to be capable of being many different sorts of woman. Variety, good sir.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:58:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And even if the technology developed that far, if there are many of these on the market, you could not use it to become wealthy on "the stock market" or "the World Series of Poker." lrn2economics.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2011 11:58:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 11:27:38 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
The obsolescence of women couldn't possibly be achieved through technology... this decade, could it?

yes rob, because the only thing women are good for is pleasuring men. brilliant. >.<

also they already have girlfriend robots: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:01:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 11:57:25 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Good lord, all of that and no mention of modular design? Why the hell wouldn't there be? You want your robot to be capable of being many different sorts of woman. Variety, good sir.

Why are you complaining? It's not like you have room to be picky. Just be thankful you can finally get laid.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBURN
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:11:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/5/2011 11:58:53 PM, belle wrote:
At 5/5/2011 11:27:38 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
The obsolescence of women couldn't possibly be achieved through technology... this decade, could it?

yes rob, because the only thing women are good for is pleasuring men. brilliant. >.<

also they already have girlfriend robots: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

"She" looks like a tranny. http://i.huffpost.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 12:13:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 12:01:23 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/5/2011 11:57:25 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Good lord, all of that and no mention of modular design? Why the hell wouldn't there be? You want your robot to be capable of being many different sorts of woman. Variety, good sir.

Why are you complaining? It's not like you have room to be picky. Just be thankful you can finally get laid.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBURN

^assumes I can afford a car.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 6:30:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 12:13:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/6/2011 12:01:23 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/5/2011 11:57:25 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Good lord, all of that and no mention of modular design? Why the hell wouldn't there be? You want your robot to be capable of being many different sorts of woman. Variety, good sir.

Why are you complaining? It's not like you have room to be picky. Just be thankful you can finally get laid.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBURN

^assumes I can afford a car.

You make everything about your life sound incredibly sad, Ragnar. We can't even properly make fun of you, because you'll just add a new layer of depression on top of whatever we say.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 11:27:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This robot is whole lot more scary. It uses a voice synthesized by the vocaloid software. The Japanese like that super high pitched voice. It can talk to bats.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2011 11:40:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The Japanese like that super high pitched voice.:

That would make me feel really uncomfortable, like a child molester.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2011 7:28:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Phoenix_Reaper
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 11:54:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/6/2011 6:30:32 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/6/2011 12:13:25 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/6/2011 12:01:23 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 5/5/2011 11:57:25 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Good lord, all of that and no mention of modular design? Why the hell wouldn't there be? You want your robot to be capable of being many different sorts of woman. Variety, good sir.

Why are you complaining? It's not like you have room to be picky. Just be thankful you can finally get laid.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBURN

^assumes I can afford a car.

You make everything about your life sound incredibly sad, Ragnar. We can't even properly make fun of you, because you'll just add a new layer of depression on top of whatever we say.

He uses the same method as me. Why let others take shots at me when I can do it to myself thus making your joke ineffective. After that I would be able to make a comment back and unless your similar you will not degrade yourself.
Phoenix Reaper - To rise from the ashes of defeat and claim your soul.

: At 3/15/2011 4:23:07 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
: Taste is for pussïes. Be a nihilist. Drink vodka.