Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Race and Terrorism

charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:05:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Warning! This post contains some shocking political incorrectness-isms that might be offensive to certain conventional-minded and conservative members of the reading audience. To begin with, political and Islamist "terrorism" is a safety concern and obsession mainly of middle-class white folks. In neighborhoods of color, neighborhoods stricken by the inequality, disenfranchisement, and permanent pauperism of their residents, the real threat and terror comes from poverty; from homicidal gangs such as the Crips and MS-13; from deadly drugs such as crack cocaine and crystal meth; and from "law enforcement", which functions like modern-day slave catchers nabbing and incarcerating the inner city's menacing Mandingos and other melanin-rich inhabitants, so that the privileged pasty populace of Middle America can feel safe and shielded from the anger and anomie that the ghettoized lumpenproletariat have been systematically reduced to.

Ironically and hypocritically, the people who are really made nervous by "terrorism" as such, are those in the blanched business and political establishment who create the socioeconomic conditions conducive to domestic street terrorism (aka gangbanging and crime) in the good ole USA, as well as creating the injustices and ills in Third World countries that give rise to political terrorism.

Well, naturally enough, this caucasoid capitalist ruling class is highly concerned about the dangers presented by the Hispanic and black communities that it's consigned to a chronically marginalized and disaffected place in society's power structure; and highly concerned about the violently anguished masses of the LDCs (less developed countries) that it keeps economically downtrodden and despoiled. And, naturally enough, geopolitically and monetarily mighty whitey doesn't actually seek solutions per se for the disadvantages and unfair disparities experienced by our society's and our world's dark-skinned demos. For doing so would mean altering the current politico-economic and racial status quo, something the Euro-American corporatocracy is exceedingly loathe to do.

Instead, what the moneyed albocracy does is it illegitimates certain reactions to the economic, political, and racial domination it exercises by employing labels and categories such as "terrorist", "lawbreaker", "juvenile delinquent", etc. It then proceeds to launch a "war on crime", and a "war on terror". That is, it's response is always to assert more control, never to look for real remedies for underlying sociological diseases.

The mostly pale-faced plutocracy is predictably reactionary because its real priority is merely the preservation of its power and predominance in the national and global scheme of things. It's not about to acknowledge culpability for much of the material suffering, political injustice, and human wretchedness rampant in the world today – no, it's not about to honestly acknowledge its major part in manufacturing the circumstances producing so much crime, hate, and violence. Rather, our attention and fear is focused upon various "bad guys", upon the foreign "terrorist", the brown barbarians at our gate (or border fences), and the scary predatory black man. In other words, scare tactics and blaming the victim are the preferred forms of damage control.

Meanwhile, the real apex predators at the top of the sociopolitical food chain, i.e. the honky high chiefs of big business and government continue exacerbating the true factors behind the growth of "terrorist" movements and crime cartels. Again, these factors are gross economic inequality and poverty, the political peonage of most of the planet's population, and a distinct racial imbalance in the distribution of status, privilege, clout, and leadership.

Well, you can bet that when empowerment is only for the fair-of-hue and flush favored few, that the resulting ressentiment and rage will foment civil disorder, revolutionary resistance, and guerrilla warfare. And yes, sometimes these responses of the maltreated, largely dusky lower classes will manifest as the T-word, "terrorism". To paraphrase Malcolm X, what we call terrorism is merely the chickens of our own capitalist, classist, colonialist, and racist modus operandi coming home to roost – with bombs and suicidal ardor.

Alas no, I'm not just rhetorically playing the ole race card, the T-word is causally interlinked with the R-word, with our WASP elite's global reign of greed, with the ruthlessly self-serving way it exercises the rich North's hegemony over the poor South, with the way it grinds the nigrescent faces of fellaheen and campesinos in subservience to us, i.e with all the inhumane ways it expresses the "white power" our technological, military, and economic muscle grants us.

Does it still seem out-of-line and sensationalistic to drag racism into the discussion of "terrorism"? Well, let me do what I should have done to begin with, let me digress for a brief moment to undertake what Confucius called the "rectification of terms", let me clarify what the R-word really means, sociocritically speaking. To gnomically nutshell it, if we define racism as the members of a race unjustly asserting their interests and advantage over another race or races; if we reckon it to be a structural sin, the sin of a system and a society in which most of the economic and political power-possessors belong to a certain racial identity-group and build that group's supremacy and sway into the system, then we have a deep grasp of what racism really denotes for its victims, and we begin to grasp how our society and the current world order is most certainly and thoroughly racist.

Racism, you see, is not just an ugly attitude in the mind of the beholder, it's an asymmetrical and discriminatory power dynamic that falls along racial lines in a society. Racism is not just the prejudiced thinking of bigots, it's the racially dichotomous nature of the social pecking order. Racism is not just Archie Bunker ethnocentrically preferring to live in a lily-white neighborhood, it's a real estate company redlining minorities out of middle-class communities; it's businesses denying gainful employment to excessively tanned people; it's society denying equal educational and quality-of-life opportunities to people from the wrong side of the racial tracks; it's a Western nation, such as ours, coercively imposing the will of its Anglo-Saxon aristocracy upon Latin Americans, Africans, Asians, and Muslims.

The classism, unfettered capitalism, and imperialism that interblend with bigotry to produce racism are all working in unison to give us a racist world system in which most poor and deprived people are several shades darker than most affluent and "blessed" global citizens; a planetary hierarchy in which the Third World is reduced to the ghetto of the more upscale white countries; a Third World full of disrespected and consequently disgruntled victims of First World racism – some of whom are prepared to take action, and take up arms, aka "terrorists".

The phenomenon of "terrorism" then, in large measure, is the creation of our Third World-raping, racist ruling class's criminal tendencies and trespasses. And the media bogeyman of "terrorism" is merely the way the corporatocracy spin doctors the violent wrath its own ungentle and unjust ways have brought down upon us all.

The conclusion is located directly below
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:06:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Conclusion

More than that, "terrorism" serves the diversionary purposes of the media's owners as well. It can be and is used to distract our minds away from the painful state of the economy, away from the disillusioning reality of politics, and away from our own disgruntlement. Our fear of and anger for foreign-born bad guys, for those evildoing "terrorists" eclipses and refocuses our discontent about the unrighteousness and dysfunctionality of the system we too live and suffer under. Instead of concentrating our attention and anger on the nefarious doings of our own plutocratic power elite, we dwell on the danger from without. We even come to see our masters as our protectors, rather than the remote and true cause of the "terrorist" threat.

As if this all isn't bad enough, the use of mostly olive-brown "terrorists" as alien bogeymen, as the new swarthy savages that we civilized Western folk need to be preoccupied with feeds into people's race-based ignorance, hostility, and hate. That is, it fortifies the bigotry component in racism. Thus "terrorism", the way our media and leaders generate and use it, turns out to be a most vicious circle in connection with racism. Until we all summon the moral integrity and courage to face this, "terrorism" will continue to be a facet of modern life.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:16:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh yeah, sorry about the lengthy length of the post again.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:21:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think many of the 3rd world countries inhabited by these people would be better served if individuals from developed nations sopped trying to give these nations their theoretical social, economic, and political ideologies. These theoretical systems would include laissez-faire capitalism, communism, fascism, and many other such systems. The 3rd world should develop its own systems of governing without developed nations constantly screwing them over. Now as for the minority racial communities within developed nations I believe that capitalism entwined with better educational standards could boost their standards of living. Also remember that minority owned businesses have been increasing at an steadily increasing rates in recent years and due to his increase we can expect increases in minority standards of living.

Capitalism and better education can equal better living for minorities.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:27:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 4:21:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I think many of the 3rd world countries inhabited by these people would be better served if individuals from developed nations sopped trying to give these nations their theoretical social, economic, and political ideologies. These theoretical systems would include laissez-faire capitalism, communism, fascism, and many other such systems. The 3rd world should develop its own systems of governing without developed nations constantly screwing them over. Now as for the minority racial communities within developed nations I believe that capitalism entwined with better educational standards could boost their standards of living. Also remember that minority owned businesses have been increasing at an steadily increasing rates in recent years and due to his increase we can expect increases in minority standards of living.

Capitalism and better education can equal better living for minorities.

Almost forgot:
http://www.michigan.gov...
____________________________________________________________________
Education means that minorities can get business skills as well as increasing the probability that they can come up with new ideas and inventions that have the capacity to produce new sources of revenue and by doing so increasing standards of living.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 4:48:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So to summarize.... All of the worlds evils are the result of pale-faced devils... Gotcha.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 5:28:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 4:48:34 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So to summarize.... All of the worlds evils are the result of pale-faced devils... Gotcha.

What did you think about my post?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 6:28:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 4:48:34 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So to summarize.... All of the worlds evils are the result of pale-faced devils... Gotcha.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 9:01:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 4:48:34 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So to summarize.... All of the worlds evils are the result of pale-faced devils... Gotcha.

That's not a summary, it's derision in the form of reductivism. Perhaps you might be interested in expatiating on what specifically you take issue with in the post?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2011 9:22:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 4:21:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I think many of the 3rd world countries inhabited by these people would be better served if individuals from developed nations sopped trying to give these nations their theoretical social, economic, and political ideologies. These theoretical systems would include laissez-faire capitalism, communism, fascism, and many other such systems. The 3rd world should develop its own systems of governing without developed nations constantly screwing them over. Now as for the minority racial communities within developed nations I believe that capitalism entwined with better educational standards could boost their standards of living. Also remember that minority owned businesses have been increasing at an steadily increasing rates in recent years and due to his increase we can expect increases in minority standards of living.

Capitalism and better education can equal better living for minorities.

If an entrepreneurial individual, of color or otherwise, starts a business enterprise and experiences some success it may jolly well seem to him/her that capitalism is just a swell system, the true ticket to a better standard of living and even prosperity. However, the sociopolitical bigger picture of capitalism is that of the endemic, painful, unjust, and ever-growing disparity of wealth and well-being we see under capitalism; as well as unlovely developments such as the current worldwide recession. When minorities, and organizations such as the Nation of Islam, adopt a strategy of economic empowerment by partaking in capitalism they unwittingly buy into and make themselves complicit in the whole rotten and conducive-to-racism capitalist system, thereby becoming a part of the problem rather than the solution (to paraphrase Eldridge Cleaver, who unfortunately and bizarrely turned to the dark side, becoming a conservative Republican and Mormon convert! – to employ another famous quote, sometimes life is stranger than fiction).

Btw, thank you for a thoughtful and smart reply that touches on the topic of the thread, as opposed to the kind of ad hominem replies that certain other people of a pro-capitalist persuasion like to zing back at my posts. I always appreciate it when someone disagrees with me in an intelligent fashion. Thanks again.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 7:43:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 9:01:43 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/15/2011 4:48:34 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So to summarize.... All of the worlds evils are the result of pale-faced devils... Gotcha.

That's not a summary, it's derision in the form of reductivism. Perhaps you might be interested in expatiating on what specifically you take issue with in the post?:

It's a mish-mash of things you find in derision... In other words, a verbose, incoherent string of slander. The only recurring theme is that racism exists because of capitalism and pale-faced devils. That's about all that could be extrapolated.

Who are you taking cues from? Che?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:05:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/16/2011 7:43:06 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 5/15/2011 9:01:43 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/15/2011 4:48:34 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So to summarize.... All of the worlds evils are the result of pale-faced devils... Gotcha.
It's a mish-mash of things you find in derision... In other words, a verbose, incoherent string of slander. The only recurring theme is that racism exists because of capitalism and pale-faced devils. That's about all that could be extrapolated.

Who are you taking cues from? Che?

Firstly, if you're a person of the Caucasian persuasion you perhaps take some of my critique of racism and its causal tie-in with "terrorism" a tad too personally. My critique is more of the structural racism that the "pale-faced" capitalist elite of our society and world system has brought to effect and perpetuates. I do not in fact pick on and heap responsibility for "terrorism" on the blue-collar white man and woman who is also a victim of the social hierarchy of capitalism.

However, I must say that although working-class and poor whites are more often than not also victims of the imbalance of power that exists under capitalism, it remains the case that even a poor white person is relatively privileged vis–à–vis people of color. How so? Well, for example, a white person is unlikely to be automatically redlined out of a middle-class neighborhood because of the color of his/her skin. Just as he's/she's unlikely to be passed by by a Taxi driver because of skin color. And although white people, especially these days, often end up on the unemployment rolls in great numbers, they remain more employable than minorities – they certainly don't face the same sort of racial discrimination when applying for a position. And so on. So yes, even not so mighty whitey of the working class is better off than his black and brown compatriots in poverty, another fact in evidence of the inherent racism of our society.

But, once again, my post is not an attack on white John and Jane Q. Public, it's a critical look at the socioeconomically and racially asymmetrical power structure of the current global order. So you needn't be so touchy, or such a knee-jerk negative responder to the idea that the racial injustice in the world just might have something to do with the way many in the disempowered and "colored" South feel about the excessively-empowered white North – or with spawning "terrorism". Open your mind, and heart to the reality of racism, and to its far-reaching consequences. Until enough of us do we can't very well begin to fix things.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 3:43:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/15/2011 4:05:28 PM, charleslb wrote:
from "law enforcement", which functions like modern-day slave catchers nabbing and incarcerating the inner city's menacing Mandingos and other melanin-rich inhabitants

Stopped reading there.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 5:56:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's a mish-mash of things you find in derision... In other words, a verbose, incoherent string of slander. The only recurring theme is that racism exists because of capitalism and pale-faced devils. That's about all that could be extrapolated.

Who are you taking cues from? Che?

Firstly, if you're a person of the Caucasian persuasion you perhaps take some of my critique of racism and its causal tie-in with "terrorism" a tad too personally.:

It's not personal, it's just an asinine comment. If you made the same erroneous parallels with Native Americans, Filipino's, Arabs, or anyone else I would challenge it the same way.

My critique is more of the structural racism that the "pale-faced" capitalist elite of our society and world system has brought to effect and perpetuates. I do not in fact pick on and heap responsibility for "terrorism" on the blue-collar white man and woman who is also a victim of the social hierarchy of capitalism.:

Of course not, because you're a Marxist. Your world revolves around a conspiracy of the bourgeoisie trying to keep the proletariat down and out.

Open your mind, and heart to the reality of racism, and to its far-reaching consequences. Until enough of us do we can't very well begin to fix things.:

Nobody is saying that racism doesn't exist or that it's not a problem, but you seem to always be in search for the perennial victim and victimizer in which to scapegoat.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 6:59:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/16/2011 5:56:23 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It's not personal, it's just an asinine comment. If you made the same erroneous parallels with Native Americans, Filipino's, Arabs, or anyone else I would challenge it the same way.

But then I can't very well say the same about Native Americans, Filipino's, Arabs, etc., since there is in fact a power imbalance in the world system, a power imbalance that does favor the rich white First World and its Caucasoid capitalist elite over the poor working people of color of the planet. Alas, this isn't merely a left-wing cliché , it's an easily verifiable actuality that multitudes of brown and black people have to endure on a daily basis.

Of course not, because you're a Marxist. Your world revolves around a conspiracy of the bourgeoisie trying to keep the proletariat down and out.

Firstly, I'm not a Marxist, not all leftists are Marxist-Leninists. Conservatives really need to learn a new tune, they sound like washed-up rock stars from the 70s who are still singing the same tired songs. Yes, my avatar is ole Karl Marx, but it's meant to be cutesy, note how he's smiling and giving the peace sign. Get a sense humor and facetiousness already. And no, I don't subscribe to a conspiratorial worldview, the capitalist establishment doesn't need some cockamamie conspiracy involving Freemasons and Illuminati to rule the world, they already have all the money-power and political connections-clout they need. It's folks on the right who are really more into conspiracy thinking, back during the Cold War many conservatives actually believed that communism was a conspiracy with a secret cabal of Jewish bankers lurking behind it. Yes, conservatives still tend to be anti-Semitic conspiracy nuts, so you might want to refrain from sending the ole conspiracy-theory brickbats flying, they can easily be sent back at the conservative camp.

Nobody is saying that racism doesn't exist or that it's not a problem, but you seem to always be in search for the perennial victim and victimizer in which to scapegoat.

Could it possibly be that I and others do do because humanity is in truth unfortunately and unjustly divided into said binary of victim and victimizer? For example, look honestly at the way the peoples of the Third World are treated by our corporatocracy and tell me that they aren't frequently victims of sociopathic corporate greed? And while you're at it, look honestly at the way the current worldwide recession was caused and tell me that we all aren't victims of the ethically criminal practices of the major Wall Street players.

The idea that there are people who are victims, who have a right to cry for help, for compassion, and for justice is not just some left-wing dogma; nor is it just the case that modern society is full of people with a "victim complex" who "whine and cry" and make excuses. Under capitalism the preeminent law in operation is what the Hindus call the law of the fish, you know, big fish eat little fish; i.e. dominant capitalists dominate and victimize the poor. This is no-holds-barred realism, and being explicit about it is not rhetorical overkill or catering to people's "victim mentality", it's intellectual honesty.

And by the way, scapegoating is when people blame the victim; for example, when they blame the poverty of the black community on the black man and woman's supposed lack of a work ethic and preference for living on welfare, now that's racial scapegoating.

At any rate, I'm glad that you at least acknowledge that racism exists, now do a little more intellectually honest research into the subject and see if you don't come to the conclusion that it's structurally endemic in our society, and a source of much injustice and "victimization".
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 7:54:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
But then I can't very well say the same about Native Americans, Filipino's, Arabs, etc., since there is in fact a power imbalance in the world system, a power imbalance that does favor the rich white First World and its Caucasoid capitalist elite over the poor working people of color of the planet. Alas, this isn't merely a left-wing cliché:

It's very cliche, and there is no cabal of "Caucasoid capitalist elites" who are enslaving the world's populations. Hyperbole, much?

Firstly, I'm not a Marxist, not all leftists are Marxist-Leninists. Conservatives really need to learn a new tune, they sound like washed-up rock stars from the 70s who are still singing the same tired songs.:

Oh, I'm sorry, your avatar is that of none other than KARL MARX and you espouse Marxist beliefs. I don't think I jumped to an extraordinary conclusion.

Yes, conservatives still tend to be anti-Semitic conspiracy nuts, so you might want to refrain from sending the ole conspiracy-theory brickbats flying, they can easily be sent back at the conservative camp.:

You say that like I can be neatly compartmentalized as a "conservative."

look honestly at the way the peoples of the Third World are treated by our corporatocracy and tell me that they aren't frequently victims of sociopathic corporate greed? And while you're at it, look honestly at the way the current worldwide recession was caused and tell me that we all aren't victims of the ethically criminal practices of the major Wall Street players.:

Okay, let's look at it honestly for a change without you likening it to Treblinka or Auschwitz. Besides, if you feel so convicted about it, boycott the products. Let's not forget that you stated that capitalism and pale-faced devils are to blame for all of this. Sweatshops, to you, is merely endemic of this overall cabal of blood-drinking monsters.

And by the way, scapegoating is when people blame the victim; for example, when they blame the poverty of the black community on the black man and woman's supposed lack of a work ethic and preference for living on welfare, now that's racial scapegoating.:

I don't make blanket statements without reviewing the particulars first, so that's irrelevant to me.

At any rate, I'm glad that you at least acknowledge that racism exists:

Who would seriously disagree that racism exists? It's just that I'm not a poverty pimp like you who revels in human misery and exploits it to make cheap political points.

now do a little more intellectually honest research into the subject and see if you don't come to the conclusion that it's structurally endemic in our society, and a source of much injustice and "victimization".:

Well, clearly it's all the fault of capitalism and pale-faced devils. If neither existed then obviously all humans would skip off in to the sunset. I guess we should exterminate whitey!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2011 9:24:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/16/2011 3:32:43 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I like how Charles always puts a smile next to all his topics
Also, is it ok if I read all your posts in a pirate voice?

Thanks for your valuable contribution to the discussion. By the way, that's sarcasm – I wasn't sure you'd get that.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 3:03:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/16/2011 9:24:52 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/16/2011 3:32:43 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I like how Charles always puts a smile next to all his topics
Also, is it ok if I read all your posts in a pirate voice?

Thanks for your valuable contribution to the discussion. By the way, that's sarcasm – I wasn't sure you'd get that.

=)
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2011 7:46:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/16/2011 7:54:23 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It's very cliche, and there is no cabal of "Caucasoid capitalist elites" who are enslaving the world's populations. Hyperbole, much?

I believe I've already made it clear that I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I haven't been arguing that there's some sort of "cabal" of "capitalist elites". Webster's defines the word "cabal" as: "a group of persons secretly united in a plot". Well, there's certainly no secret about the fact that money and the moneyed rule the world, and that the capitalist elite constitutes a de facto plutocracy. As for the nationality and color of most members of said plutocracy, well, it's also no secret that most of them hail from the wealthy, white, Western nations; and that the wealthy white West's plutocracy rules the rest of the world. Also, this plutocracy doesn't qualify as an actual "cabal" because it isn't always all that unified, it's certainly not centrally controlled like a true, B-movie conspiracy would be. One might suspect that you resort to using derisive words such as "cabal" to belittle and dismiss my argument because you can't make a real case refuting the factuality of the global hegemony of rich white men.

Oh, I'm sorry, your avatar is that of none other than KARL MARX and you espouse Marxist beliefs. I don't think I jumped to an extraordinary conclusion.

My views are not exclusively or entirely Marxist, it's a mark of a simplistic conservative mind-set to dismiss any and all progressive and left-of-center views as "Marxist". I suppose you're one of those who calls Obama a "Marxist" – unless these days you're too busy questioning his citizenship.

You say that like I can be neatly compartmentalized as a "conservative."

Come on, embrace the label, let your right-wing freak flag fly proudly.

Okay, let's look at it honestly for a change without you likening it to Treblinka or Auschwitz. Besides, if you feel so convicted about it, boycott the products. Let's not forget that you stated that capitalism and pale-faced devils are to blame for all of this. Sweatshops, to you, is merely endemic of this overall cabal of blood-drinking monsters.

Again, take the feeble tack of trying to marginalize my arguments by reducing them to something absurd.

I don't make blanket statements without reviewing the particulars ...

Well, if you've arrived at some of the views you've expressed in this thread, views unsympathetic to the victims of a plutocratic, racist global power structure, then either you're being very selective in the particulars you choose to review, or you're interpreting facts through your ideology so as to ensure that facts never conflict with and confute your ideologically skewed perspective.

Who would seriously disagree that racism exists? It's just that I'm not a poverty pimp like you who revels in human misery and exploits it to make cheap political points.

No, you're just one of those who identifies with the power structure and the ruling elite. Like most conservatives, your mentality suffers from a pronounced vestige of the ole caveman mentality that likes to identify with the strong and successful, the alpha males of society, who today are alpha capitalists; and to disidentify with and disdain the weak and poor, i.e. the victims of white & capitalist domination.

Well, clearly it's all the fault of capitalism and pale-faced devils. If neither existed then obviously all humans would skip off in to the sunset. I guess we should exterminate whitey!

More silly reductio ad absurdum, as opposed to a thoughtful and effective counter-argument. I guess that this is the best that you can do. Your fellow conservatives should be quite glad that you apparently choose to not self-identify as a conservative.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 2:16:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
@ charleslb

I might have agreed with you, had you suggested a solution. Right now - whether someone agrees or disagrees with you is just another academic exercise.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2011 2:36:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/18/2011 2:16:50 AM, baggins wrote:
@ charleslb

I might have agreed with you, had you suggested a solution. Right now - whether someone agrees or disagrees with you is just another academic exercise.

The solution, my friend, is the abolition of the current imbalanced socioeconomic power structure; which can be approached in various ways, from mass uprisings like we're seeing in the Middle East, to an ongoing mass movement like the one that once upon a time freed India from British colonialism, or the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S. that made some moderate gains for African Americans. Today we need the same sort of movements to make more radical and deeply structural gains. We need to begin striving, at a grassroots level, to construct a new and more equitable & ethical status quo. How you should personally participate in the revolutionary process depends upon various personal factors, such as your own situation in life and your own talents. Take some time to reflect on how you might best make a contribution to creating a more socially and racially just society, and then take action.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.