Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

People who go out of their way to be offended

brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 11:48:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sadly the world has always been full of people who go out of their way to be offended and have the cause of offence removed from society.

This was certainly the case with London street names, and the stern and puritanical Victorians were outraged by the names of some and had many renamed, examples include:

Pissing Alley was renamed Little Friday Street (now absorbed into Canon Street)

Gropecunt Lane was renamed Grape Count Street

Petticoat Lane was renamed Middlesex Street

Puppekirty Lane (poke skirt lane) was renamed Cheapside

Today, there are still people that want to be offended so that they can make a self-righteous protest and I suspect that some of London's street names will come under examination with proposals to rename them.

Here is a list of streets within a short walking distance from my office in London WC2, with the likely suggested alternative name from outraged politically correct opinion formers:

Mincing Lane – offensive to gay men, likely suggested replacement: Promenading Homosexual Gentlemen's Lane

Seething Lane – offensive to people with anger-management issues, likely suggested replacement: Righteously Discontented Lane

Crutched Friars – offensive to disabled monks, likely suggested replacement: Restricted Mobility Clergymen Road

Savage Gardens – offensive to immigrants from the colonies, likely suggested replacement: Native Sub-Saharan African Gardens

Pudding Lane - offensive to the obese, likely suggested replacement: Non-Self-Inflicted Excess Weight Issues Lane

Cripplegate Street - offensive to the handicapped, likely suggested replacement: Physically Disabled Gate Street

Bleeding Heart Yard – offensive to Lib-Dem voters, likely suggested replacement: Compassionate Liberalism Yard

Jewry Street – offensive to Jewish moneylenders, likely suggested replacement: Loan Shark Street
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 11:51:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
lol, very nice.

Though on a serious note, the same is done on the other end. People going out of their way for the purpose of offending others, claiming to be "exercising their rights."
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Phoenix_Reaper
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 11:56:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 11:51:20 AM, OreEle wrote:
lol, very nice.

Though on a serious note, the same is done on the other end. People going out of their way for the purpose of offending others, claiming to be "exercising their rights."

Regardless just cause someone gets offended does not mean the law should go out of it's way to make that person happy. The world is not perfect and it needs balance whether it good or bad. If I called you a cheating husband and you know your not why get all pissed off? Even if I went around saying to others -that do not know you - OreEle is a cheating husband they may believe me. Than it comes down to the stupidity of people not looking into it/trusting one opinion. Sure you may get offended and most likely ticked off does not mean the law should take it into their hands... you should.

Points;

1 - We need balance...good and evil.
2 - People do not question enough
3 - People are dumb
4 - The person should solve their own problem how he or she see's fit.
Phoenix Reaper - To rise from the ashes of defeat and claim your soul.

: At 3/15/2011 4:23:07 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
: Taste is for pussïes. Be a nihilist. Drink vodka.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 3:26:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have to admit, they have/had some really kick @ss street names in England.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 3:32:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This video is what an world without racism would require: No more offence taken to terminology.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 4:58:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 11:48:42 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Jewry Street – offensive to Jewish moneylenders, likely suggested replacement: Loan Shark Street

People who feel the emotional need to go out of their way to take issue with the putative oversensitivity and easy offendability of others usually of course have their own sensitivity issues. That is, they tend to be insensitive individuals who don't very much like the fact that it's no longer in vogue or socially acceptable in many quarters to be racially insulting, homophobically insulting, sexistly insulting, etc. I'm not simplistically saying that such people are racists, homophobes, or sexists per se, merely that they have an insensitive mentality and would like to be socially scot-free to express it. They long for the bad old days when one could be offensive with impunity, and make out those of us who advocate kindness and sensitivity to be political correctness Nazis, etc. Again, they merely betray their own psychological issues.

And by the way, your last example, the one that might be offensive to Jewish people, really is somewhat anti-Semitic; so perhaps in addition to having sensitivity issues, you perhaps really are a tiny bit of a racialist?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 4:59:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 11:56:55 AM, Phoenix_Reaper wrote:
At 5/25/2011 11:51:20 AM, OreEle wrote:
lol, very nice.

Though on a serious note, the same is done on the other end. People going out of their way for the purpose of offending others, claiming to be "exercising their rights."

Regardless just cause someone gets offended does not mean the law should go out of it's way to make that person happy. The world is not perfect and it needs balance whether it good or bad. If I called you a cheating husband and you know your not why get all pissed off? Even if I went around saying to others -that do not know you - OreEle is a cheating husband they may believe me. Than it comes down to the stupidity of people not looking into it/trusting one opinion. Sure you may get offended and most likely ticked off does not mean the law should take it into their hands... you should.

So instead of going through legal routes (like laws against libel and slander) I should take matters into my own hands and do what? Spend vast resources countering the mis-information that you spread? Punch you in the face? What?

Destruction is 100 times easier than restoration/construction, of pretty much everything. From buildings to reputations. Since the effort to destroy is so much less than the effort to rebuild, a natural balance will be heavily in the favor of destruction. Not the kind of world I find ideal. And since prevention is more effort effective that restoration, that shifts the balance a little bit away from the destruction side.


Points;

1 - We need balance...good and evil.

I'd disagree, we don't really "need" evil. You don't hear any town saying, "There are too few murderers here. We really could use some murderers to come by and help balance things out."

2 - People do not question enough
3 - People are dumb

And so should be taught, not exploited.

4 - The person should solve their own problem how he or she see's fit.

So if I view the correct way of solving the problem as burning your house to the ground and holding your family hostage unless you sign a contract saying that you will go retract everything you said and promise to never do it again, that's okay?

No, there are right aways to solve issues and there are wrong ways to solve issues. Taking matters into your own hands can often be a wrong answer.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 5:04:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 4:58:27 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/25/2011 11:48:42 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Jewry Street – offensive to Jewish moneylenders, likely suggested replacement: Loan Shark Street

People who feel the emotional need to go out of their way to take issue with the putative oversensitivity and easy offendability of others usually of course have their own sensitivity issues. That is, they tend to be insensitive individuals who don't very much like the fact that it's no longer in vogue or socially acceptable in many quarters to be racially insulting, homophobically insulting, sexistly insulting, etc. I'm not simplistically saying that such people are racists, homophobes, or sexists per se, merely that they have an insensitive mentality and would like to be socially scot-free to express it. They long for the bad old days when one could be offensive with impunity, and make out those of us who advocate kindness and sensitivity to be political correctness Nazis, etc. Again, they merely betray their own psychological issues.

And by the way, your last example, the one that might be offensive to Jewish people, really is somewhat anti-Semitic; so perhaps in addition to having sensitivity issues, you perhaps really are a tiny bit of a racialist?

Brian pretends to hate Jews. Its his thing
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2011 5:07:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 4:58:27 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/25/2011 11:48:42 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Jewry Street – offensive to Jewish moneylenders, likely suggested replacement: Loan Shark Street

People who feel the emotional need to go out of their way to take issue with the putative oversensitivity and easy offendability of others usually of course have their own sensitivity issues. That is, they tend to be insensitive individuals who don't very much like the fact that it's no longer in vogue or socially acceptable in many quarters to be racially insulting, homophobically insulting, sexistly insulting, etc. I'm not simplistically saying that such people are racists, homophobes, or sexists per se, merely that they have an insensitive mentality and would like to be socially scot-free to express it. They long for the bad old days when one could be offensive with impunity, and make out those of us who advocate kindness and sensitivity to be political correctness Nazis, etc. Again, they merely betray their own psychological issues.

And by the way, your last example, the one that might be offensive to Jewish people, really is somewhat anti-Semitic; so perhaps in addition to having sensitivity issues, you perhaps really are a tiny bit of a racialist?

Charles, Brian does everything out of satire (for the most part). He is not a literal poster.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 12:19:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/25/2011 5:07:26 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/25/2011 4:58:27 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/25/2011 11:48:42 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Jewry Street – offensive to Jewish moneylenders, likely suggested replacement: Loan Shark Street

People who feel the emotional need to go out of their way to take issue with the putative oversensitivity and easy offendability of others usually of course have their own sensitivity issues. That is, they tend to be insensitive individuals who don't very much like the fact that it's no longer in vogue or socially acceptable in many quarters to be racially insulting, homophobically insulting, sexistly insulting, etc. I'm not simplistically saying that such people are racists, homophobes, or sexists per se, merely that they have an insensitive mentality and would like to be socially scot-free to express it. They long for the bad old days when one could be offensive with impunity, and make out those of us who advocate kindness and sensitivity to be political correctness Nazis, etc. Again, they merely betray their own psychological issues.

And by the way, your last example, the one that might be offensive to Jewish people, really is somewhat anti-Semitic; so perhaps in addition to having sensitivity issues, you perhaps really are a tiny bit of a racialist?

Charles, Brian does everything out of satire (for the most part). He is not a literal poster.

Thanks, that's absolutely right, it was very subtle (though perhaps not very funny) humour.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 3:13:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/26/2011 12:19:25 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/25/2011 5:07:26 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/25/2011 4:58:27 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/25/2011 11:48:42 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Jewry Street – offensive to Jewish moneylenders, likely suggested replacement: Loan Shark Street

People who feel the emotional need to go out of their way to take issue with the putative oversensitivity and easy offendability of others usually of course have their own sensitivity issues. That is, they tend to be insensitive individuals who don't very much like the fact that it's no longer in vogue or socially acceptable in many quarters to be racially insulting, homophobically insulting, sexistly insulting, etc. I'm not simplistically saying that such people are racists, homophobes, or sexists per se, merely that they have an insensitive mentality and would like to be socially scot-free to express it. They long for the bad old days when one could be offensive with impunity, and make out those of us who advocate kindness and sensitivity to be political correctness Nazis, etc. Again, they merely betray their own psychological issues.

And by the way, your last example, the one that might be offensive to Jewish people, really is somewhat anti-Semitic; so perhaps in addition to having sensitivity issues, you perhaps really are a tiny bit of a racialist?

Charles, Brian does everything out of satire (for the most part). He is not a literal poster.

Thanks, that's absolutely right, it was very subtle (though perhaps not very funny) humour.

I thought it was fricken awesome, reminds me why I love british humor over american.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 8:43:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/26/2011 3:13:13 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/26/2011 12:19:25 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/25/2011 5:07:26 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/25/2011 4:58:27 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/25/2011 11:48:42 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Jewry Street – offensive to Jewish moneylenders, likely suggested replacement: Loan Shark Street

People who feel the emotional need to go out of their way to take issue with the putative oversensitivity and easy offendability of others usually of course have their own sensitivity issues. That is, they tend to be insensitive individuals who don't very much like the fact that it's no longer in vogue or socially acceptable in many quarters to be racially insulting, homophobically insulting, sexistly insulting, etc. I'm not simplistically saying that such people are racists, homophobes, or sexists per se, merely that they have an insensitive mentality and would like to be socially scot-free to express it. They long for the bad old days when one could be offensive with impunity, and make out those of us who advocate kindness and sensitivity to be political correctness Nazis, etc. Again, they merely betray their own psychological issues.

And by the way, your last example, the one that might be offensive to Jewish people, really is somewhat anti-Semitic; so perhaps in addition to having sensitivity issues, you perhaps really are a tiny bit of a racialist?

Charles, Brian does everything out of satire (for the most part). He is not a literal poster.

Thanks, that's absolutely right, it was very subtle (though perhaps not very funny) humour.

I thought it was fricken awesome, reminds me why I love british humor over american.

Well, I appreciate clever humor as much as the next person. However, I still take the view that not everything can be wrapped in the flag of humor and satire and thereby render itself inoffensive and above reproach. I don't wish to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I just don't find humor that has to do with race to be very humorous unless it's explicitly and unequivocally mocking the laughable stupidity of racists.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 8:55:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
charles you're are retarded.

Brian. Brilliant post had me laughing as usual.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/26/2011 8:43:17 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/26/2011 3:13:13 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/26/2011 12:19:25 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/25/2011 5:07:26 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 5/25/2011 4:58:27 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 5/25/2011 11:48:42 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Jewry Street – offensive to Jewish moneylenders, likely suggested replacement: Loan Shark Street

People who feel the emotional need to go out of their way to take issue with the putative oversensitivity and easy offendability of others usually of course have their own sensitivity issues. That is, they tend to be insensitive individuals who don't very much like the fact that it's no longer in vogue or socially acceptable in many quarters to be racially insulting, homophobically insulting, sexistly insulting, etc. I'm not simplistically saying that such people are racists, homophobes, or sexists per se, merely that they have an insensitive mentality and would like to be socially scot-free to express it. They long for the bad old days when one could be offensive with impunity, and make out those of us who advocate kindness and sensitivity to be political correctness Nazis, etc. Again, they merely betray their own psychological issues.

And by the way, your last example, the one that might be offensive to Jewish people, really is somewhat anti-Semitic; so perhaps in addition to having sensitivity issues, you perhaps really are a tiny bit of a racialist?

Charles, Brian does everything out of satire (for the most part). He is not a literal poster.

Thanks, that's absolutely right, it was very subtle (though perhaps not very funny) humour.

I thought it was fricken awesome, reminds me why I love british humor over american.

Well, I appreciate clever humor as much as the next person. However, I still take the view that not everything can be wrapped in the flag of humor and satire and thereby render itself inoffensive and above reproach. I don't wish to be a stick-in-the-mud, but I just don't find humor that has to do with race to be very humorous unless it's explicitly and unequivocally mocking the laughable stupidity of racists.

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason.

http://maps.google.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 8:30:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM, brian_eggleston

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason

http://maps.google.co.uk...

Lol, I looked at the street view.

I didn't see any black boys.

How in the hell do people live like that?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 9:05:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 8:30:44 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM, brian_eggleston

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason

http://maps.google.co.uk...

Lol, I looked at the street view.

I didn't see any black boys.

How in the hell do people live like that?

Black Boy Lane is in one of the most undesirable parts of London but, even so, the most recent terraced (row) house on that street sold for £349,000.00 / US566,000.00.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

If you want to live comfortably in London you have to be earning some serious wedge.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
wolfhaines
Posts: 65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 9:15:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And no party did more to encourage a pampered, health and safety mad, PC country than Labour. Isn't that who you support Brian?...
God is an Atheist. Faith is "belief in something that isn't based in fact". Since God knows everything he can't have faith, and because he already is the highest power he doesn't believe in a higher power. Atheist right there.

Last time I checked Logic and Reason weren't the causes of thousands of years of brutal warfare, discrimination, genocide, injustices and torture...
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 11:17:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 9:15:30 AM, wolfhaines wrote:
And no party did more to encourage a pampered, health and safety mad, PC country than Labour. Isn't that who you support Brian?...

There have been a lot of a ridiculous health and safety-related decisions made over recent years - the most bizarre, in my opinion, was conkers being banned in school playgrounds.

However, these preposterous restrictions were not imposed the Blair's government, or even the EU, but rather on the advice of lawyers seeking to protect their clients from possible prosecution from opportunistic or speculative claims made through those ‘no-win no-fee' cowboys.

This culture of litigation is a one of the more unwelcome imports from America, worse even than than Jerry Springer Show!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 11:21:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 9:05:18 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:30:44 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM, brian_eggleston

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason

http://maps.google.co.uk...

Lol, I looked at the street view.

I didn't see any black boys.

How in the hell do people live like that?

Black Boy Lane is in one of the most undesirable parts of London but, even so, the most recent terraced (row) house on that street sold for £349,000.00 / US566,000.00.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

If you want to live comfortably in London you have to be earning some serious wedge.

That is amazing. But it isn't much different then big cities here.

107,Black Boy Lane, London, Greater London N15 3AS 349,000.00

At least it has a park across the street.

Does it get any cheaper the further from London you get?

What would a 5 bed 3 bath 4000+ sqf home on twelve acres go for? Fenced for horses, stable, inground swimming pool and pool house with in law quarters?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 11:46:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 11:21:28 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 9:05:18 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:30:44 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM, brian_eggleston

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason

http://maps.google.co.uk...

Lol, I looked at the street view.

I didn't see any black boys.

How in the hell do people live like that?

Black Boy Lane is in one of the most undesirable parts of London but, even so, the most recent terraced (row) house on that street sold for £349,000.00 / US566,000.00.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

If you want to live comfortably in London you have to be earning some serious wedge.

That is amazing. But it isn't much different then big cities here.

107,Black Boy Lane, London, Greater London N15 3AS 349,000.00

At least it has a park across the street.

Does it get any cheaper the further from London you get?

What would a 5 bed 3 bath 4000+ sqf home on twelve acres go for? Fenced for horses, stable, inground swimming pool and pool house with in law quarters?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

Nevermind. £1,200,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like a million seven in US!

That is insane. I have no idea what the area is like where I searched but even if it's in a high priced area that seems outrageous. It has less that what I have and nearly five times the price.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 11:59:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 11:21:28 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 9:05:18 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:30:44 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM, brian_eggleston

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason

http://maps.google.co.uk...

Lol, I looked at the street view.

I didn't see any black boys.

How in the hell do people live like that?

Black Boy Lane is in one of the most undesirable parts of London but, even so, the most recent terraced (row) house on that street sold for £349,000.00 / US566,000.00.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

If you want to live comfortably in London you have to be earning some serious wedge.

That is amazing. But it isn't much different then big cities here.

107,Black Boy Lane, London, Greater London N15 3AS 349,000.00

At least it has a park across the street.

Does it get any cheaper the further from London you get?

What would a 5 bed 3 bath 4000+ sqf home on twelve acres go for? Fenced for horses, stable, inground swimming pool and pool house with in law quarters?

With the exception of Buckingham Palace, there aren't any houses with that amount of land attached in London, but the leasehold of an apprtment in the One Hyde Park complex now sells for around £136 million (US$220 million) - around £6,000 per sq foot.

That would value the property you describe at £24 million without the land, pool or outbuildings - it would be worth much more if it was freehold, rather than leasehold, of course.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 12:01:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 11:59:34 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/27/2011 11:21:28 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 9:05:18 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:30:44 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM, brian_eggleston

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason

http://maps.google.co.uk...

Lol, I looked at the street view.

I didn't see any black boys.

How in the hell do people live like that?

Black Boy Lane is in one of the most undesirable parts of London but, even so, the most recent terraced (row) house on that street sold for £349,000.00 / US566,000.00.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

If you want to live comfortably in London you have to be earning some serious wedge.

That is amazing. But it isn't much different then big cities here.

107,Black Boy Lane, London, Greater London N15 3AS 349,000.00

At least it has a park across the street.

Does it get any cheaper the further from London you get?

What would a 5 bed 3 bath 4000+ sqf home on twelve acres go for? Fenced for horses, stable, inground swimming pool and pool house with in law quarters?

With the exception of Buckingham Palace, there aren't any houses with that amount of land attached in London, but the leasehold of an apprtment in the One Hyde Park complex now sells for around £136 million (US$220 million) - around £6,000 per sq foot.

That would value the property you describe at £24 million without the land, pool or outbuildings - it would be worth much more if it was freehold, rather than leasehold, of course.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...

Thank the USA for cheap gas and cheap suburbs.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 8:24:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 11:46:33 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 11:21:28 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 9:05:18 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:30:44 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM, brian_eggleston

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason

http://maps.google.co.uk...

Lol, I looked at the street view.

I didn't see any black boys.

How in the hell do people live like that?

Black Boy Lane is in one of the most undesirable parts of London but, even so, the most recent terraced (row) house on that street sold for £349,000.00 / US566,000.00.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

If you want to live comfortably in London you have to be earning some serious wedge.

That is amazing. But it isn't much different then big cities here.

107,Black Boy Lane, London, Greater London N15 3AS 349,000.00

At least it has a park across the street.

Does it get any cheaper the further from London you get?

What would a 5 bed 3 bath 4000+ sqf home on twelve acres go for? Fenced for horses, stable, inground swimming pool and pool house with in law quarters?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

Nevermind. £1,200,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like a million seven in US!

That is insane. I have no idea what the area is like where I searched but even if it's in a high priced area that seems outrageous. It has less that what I have and nearly five times the price.

It's near the deprived, industrial city of Coventry - one of the cheapest areas of England, the same house in Surrey would be about five times the price.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 8:26:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I keep thinking I'll follow my family and move to America...I'd be able to afford to live in a big house rather than in the cramped place I've got now.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 3:00:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 8:24:25 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/27/2011 11:46:33 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 11:21:28 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 9:05:18 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 5/27/2011 8:30:44 AM, jharry wrote:
At 5/27/2011 5:06:35 AM, brian_eggleston

That's fair enough. Actually, I deleted Black Boy Lane from my list for that reason

http://maps.google.co.uk...

Lol, I looked at the street view.

I didn't see any black boys.

How in the hell do people live like that?

Black Boy Lane is in one of the most undesirable parts of London but, even so, the most recent terraced (row) house on that street sold for £349,000.00 / US566,000.00.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

If you want to live comfortably in London you have to be earning some serious wedge.

That is amazing. But it isn't much different then big cities here.

107,Black Boy Lane, London, Greater London N15 3AS 349,000.00

At least it has a park across the street.

Does it get any cheaper the further from London you get?

What would a 5 bed 3 bath 4000+ sqf home on twelve acres go for? Fenced for horses, stable, inground swimming pool and pool house with in law quarters?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk...

Nevermind. £1,200,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's like a million seven in US!

That is insane. I have no idea what the area is like where I searched but even if it's in a high priced area that seems outrageous. It has less that what I have and nearly five times the price.

It's near the deprived, industrial city of Coventry - one of the cheapest areas of England, the same house in Surrey would be about five times the price.

That is insane. In a crappy area at that.

Here is a comp to my house.
http://www.realtor.com...

I would assume the closer to a major city the more the price.

I'm about 2 hrs from either Nashville TN or Birmingham AL
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2011 5:54:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 8:26:33 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I keep thinking I'll follow my family and move to America...I'd be able to afford to live in a big house rather than in the cramped place I've got now.

What holds you back? If you can afford even a nice place in London you could afford a nice place out in the country, in the South any way.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Calvincambridge
Posts: 1,141
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 8:03:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I now love England even more I would like to move there
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
kogline
Posts: 134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 10:32:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago

Petticoat Lane was renamed Middlesex Street


maybe i missing out on some british colloquial but, how is this better?
if state farm has perfected teleportation technology why do they still sell car insurance?
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 10:58:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Pissing alley is fvcking awesome, and I can totally relate to that, as I am a dirty drunk.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp