Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Everyone should be treated equally!

Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:20:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:17:04 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
It doesn't matter if your black, yellow, brown or normal!

protip: it helps to make threads that have some sort of controversy, in order to spark debate. Simply exclaiming things that everyone is likely to agree on isn't going to produce very much discussion.
kfc
Brainmaster
Posts: 1,603
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:25:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:20:15 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:17:04 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
It doesn't matter if your black, yellow, brown or normal!

protip: it helps to make threads that have some sort of controversy, in order to spark debate. Simply exclaiming things that everyone is likely to agree on isn't going to produce very much discussion.

Let me redefine.

It's been proved the black man has lower IQ than the white man. The post above was meant as a joke though.

I found this on google:

"There is no getting around certain large and troubling implications of black-white differences. The implications seem most troubling when you turn from the average differences and focus instead on the differences at the extreme -- when you contrast the two overlapping bell-shaped distribution curves and look at the proportions in each group scoring above and below certain levels. If you tell yourself that the top professional and managerial jobs in this country require an IQ of at least 115 or thereabouts, then you also have to tell yourself that only about 2.5 percent of blacks appear able to compete for those jobs. The comparable figure for whites would be about 16 percent. Total black population with IQs over 115: 800,000. Comparable figure for whites: about 30 million. If blacks had the same IQ distribution as whites, the black total would be over 5 million."

There are actually a number of sources to create racism.
Kfc.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:26:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
That joke was in Jon Stewart's book, I believe.

You artificially limit your discussion of equality to different races, incorrectly implying that if we don't think all people should be treated equally, we must be racist. I agree that races are equal and reject equality on an individual basis.

I argue that we should treat people better if they have traits we consider preferable. This is a practical maxim. For instance, if I prefer honest people I will treat them better than dishonest people in order to encourage honesty.
Brainmaster
Posts: 1,603
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:28:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:26:29 PM, Grape wrote:
That joke was in Jon Stewart's book, I believe.

You artificially limit your discussion of equality to different races, incorrectly implying that if we don't think all people should be treated equally, we must be racist. I agree that races are equal and reject equality on an individual basis.

I argue that we should treat people better if they have traits we consider preferable. This is a practical maxim. For instance, if I prefer honest people I will treat them better than dishonest people in order to encourage honesty.

I will debate that blacks are inferior (on average) as soon as all my others are finished.
Kfc.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:31:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:25:42 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:20:15 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:17:04 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
It doesn't matter if your black, yellow, brown or normal!

protip: it helps to make threads that have some sort of controversy, in order to spark debate. Simply exclaiming things that everyone is likely to agree on isn't going to produce very much discussion.

Let me redefine.


It's been proved the black man has lower IQ than the white man. The post above was meant as a joke though.


It has not been proven definitively by any stretch of the imagination.

I found this on google:


I found this on google:

http://www.timecube.com...

"There is no getting around certain large and troubling implications of black-white differences. The implications seem most troubling when you turn from the average differences and focus instead on the differences at the extreme -- when you contrast the two overlapping bell-shaped distribution curves and look at the proportions in each group scoring above and below certain levels. If you tell yourself that the top professional and managerial jobs in this country require an IQ of at least 115 or thereabouts, then you also have to tell yourself that only about 2.5 percent of blacks appear able to compete for those jobs. The comparable figure for whites would be about 16 percent. Total black population with IQs over 115: 800,000. Comparable figure for whites: about 30 million. If blacks had the same IQ distribution as whites, the black total would be over 5 million."


I don't know if this data comes from a legitimate source. Even if it did, there is good reason to believe that the differences in scores do not have a biological basis. Look at the social and educational differences between different groups and it will become obvious why these disparities exist.

There are actually a number of sources to create racism.

Even if it is true that there is a biological basis for this data, it wouldn't be racist, it would just be a fact.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:31:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:28:10 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:26:29 PM, Grape wrote:
That joke was in Jon Stewart's book, I believe.

You artificially limit your discussion of equality to different races, incorrectly implying that if we don't think all people should be treated equally, we must be racist. I agree that races are equal and reject equality on an individual basis.

I argue that we should treat people better if they have traits we consider preferable. This is a practical maxim. For instance, if I prefer honest people I will treat them better than dishonest people in order to encourage honesty.

I will debate that blacks are inferior (on average) as soon as all my others are finished.

Challenge accepted. I got it first, friends.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:34:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It isn't always practical to treat everyone equally.

It really depends on the situation.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 2:51:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Even if your IQ argument is correct, how does that mean that blacks should be treated differently from whites? It is my opinion that
1) the biological basis for 'race' is unfounded
2) any statistical differences shown are not significant. IQ itself is ill-defined. We're basically taking an dubious standard (IQ) and applying it to a dubious biological distinction (race) and then trying to draw conclusions.

And what of mixing races? Will 'black' DNA taint 'white DNA? Or perhaps a mixed race would have even more potential than one alone?
kfc
Cliff.Stamp
Posts: 2,169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 9:05:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:31:33 PM, Grape wrote:

Challenge accepted. I got it first, friends.

Pretty sure that is not going to be a contest of equals.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 9:08:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 9:05:28 PM, Cliff.Stamp wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:31:33 PM, Grape wrote:

Challenge accepted. I got it first, friends.

Pretty sure that is not going to be a contest of equals.

Pun!
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 9:14:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
DID NOBODY SEE THE JOKE?!

Lol, let me point it out for you.

At 6/13/2011 1:17:04 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
It doesn't matter if your black, yellow, brown or normal!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 9:15:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 9:14:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
DID NOBODY SEE THE JOKE?!
Yes, Grape did.

At 6/13/2011 1:26:29 PM, Grape wrote:
That joke was in Jon Stewart's book, I believe.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:41:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 9:15:09 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 6/13/2011 9:14:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
DID NOBODY SEE THE JOKE?!
Yes, Grape did.

At 6/13/2011 1:26:29 PM, Grape wrote:
That joke was in Jon Stewart's book, I believe.

I got it.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:45:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 9:14:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
DID NOBODY SEE THE JOKE?!

Lol, let me point it out for you.

At 6/13/2011 1:17:04 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
It doesn't matter if your black, yellow, brown or normal!

maybe its just not funny? hmm...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 2:22:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.southparkstudios.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 2:32:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think it is funny.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 2:41:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:17:04 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
It doesn't matter if your black, yellow, brown or normal!

Fvck that. I'll treat people depending on their value to me. Everyone is subject to my favour and prejudice.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 7:31:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 9:14:06 PM, FREEDO wrote:
DID NOBODY SEE THE JOKE?!

Lol, let me point it out for you.

At 6/13/2011 1:17:04 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
It doesn't matter if your black, yellow, brown or normal!

Ha I actually missed it, that's probably not a good sign...
kfc