Dalai Lama - Hollow Clown?

racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 9:02:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You wouldn't need much help to make a horrible example of such a 'renowned'
religious 'leader', would you? . He's been feted and fawned over, indulged and photographed with the world's most important people. I can't imagine why. The next sensible thing he says will be the first. So will the next impressive or inspirational thing. I have yet to read anything but vacuous pseudo religious mumbo jumbo from this illustrious icon. He recently had to be reminded that the Australian prime minister was a woman, not a man. How clever.

Yet, celebrities claim him as their own. He received the Nobel prize - again illustrating the degraded state of that debatable institution. The politically correct behold the Dalai Lama as one of their own. He can do no wrong. He seems very well off in the material sense. He leaves quite a heavy carbon footprint with all the travel and indulgences. Where does the money come from? Has anyone audited his assets? How rich is this humble monk? Asked about terrorism, he said "It is not a nice thing" - how inspirational is that?!

Coat almost anything in Buddhist jargon and you fool all of the people all of the time. What doers the Dalai Lama do to earn such reverence? Nothing physically or mentally demanding , I'd guess. So what does that say about the Chinese government? They make a huge fuss about someone who carries as much intellectual and political clout as a soapflake. Is he simply a clever Chinese construct, a bogeyman invented to wag fingers at their critics? I think the Chinese are far cleverer than they're given credit.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:13:26 PM
At 6/14/2011 9:29:27 PM, Brainmaster wrote:

Reported. If you want to make an argument for racism then we'll entertain it, but senseless vulgarity and hate is inappropriate for this venue. My friends growing up said things like this (and still do) on a daily basis, but what you say in the privacy of your home is much different than on a public website. Your comments to Innomen in the voting thread were out of line as well, and if you want to remain part of the community then you're going to have to start respecting the members on this site, many of whom are black, homosexual, etc.
kfc
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:13:51 PM
Hey! A fellow racist! Fvck the niggers!

Well, I don't know where your member has been and I'm too polite to pry, but I'm too busy mocking the spawn of Flower Children. Cheers!
ReginaldJeeves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:21:21 PM
His Holiness the Dalai Lama is an iconic spiritual and religious leader for countless people across the world. He has worked tirelessly to promote compassion, tolerance, and above all, happiness for all people on earth. He has published/spoken over many topics that inspire others to promote this same happiness and harmony. That is why he is seen as a great person and most certainly an inspiration.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:22:27 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:13:26 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Reported. If you want to make an argument for racism then we'll entertain it, but senseless vulgarity and hate is inappropriate for this venue. My friends growing up said things like this (and still do) on a daily basis, but what you say in the privacy of your home is much different than on a public website. Your comments to Innomen in the voting thread were out of line as well, and if you want to remain part of the community then you're going to have to start respecting the members on this site, many of whom are black, homosexual, etc.

Well, so much for such a reasonable response. I don't suppose you'd like to show me how you established a connection between a reasonable criticism of a ' religious leader' and any mention of a racial nature. On the assumption you actually read my OP, please feel free to quote to me my 'racist' comment and I'll agree with you. There was not even a mention of race. Are your lies reportable too?
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:24:00 PM

Have you ever read this site before?
Kfc.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:25:40 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:21:21 PM, ReginaldJeeves wrote:
His Holiness the Dalai Lama is an iconic spiritual and religious leader for countless people across the world. He has worked tirelessly to promote compassion, tolerance, and above all, happiness for all people on earth. He has published/spoken over many topics that inspire others to promote this same happiness and harmony. That is why he is seen as a great person and most certainly an inspiration.

Always willing to learn. Maybe the person Interviewed was just a clever stand up comic doing a great job. Show me something of significance that's worth remembering. Cheers
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:31:08 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:22:27 PM, racist wrote:

Well, so much for such a reasonable response. I don't suppose you'd like to show me how you established a connection between a reasonable criticism of a ' religious leader' and any mention of a racial nature. On the assumption you actually read my OP, please feel free to quote to me my 'racist' comment and I'll agree with you. There was not even a mention of race. Are your lies reportable too?

Calm down, I wasn't talking to you.
kfc
ReginaldJeeves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:32:31 PM
Well we could start with his work in interfaith dialogues to promote tolerance of religion:
The Dalai Lama met with Pope Paul VI at the Vatican in 1973. He met with Pope John Paul II in 1980 and also later in 1982, 1986, 1988, 1990, and 2003. In 1990, he met in Dharamsala with a delegation of Jewish teachers for an extensive interfaith dialogue.[42] He has since visited Israel three times and met during 2006 with the Chief Rabbi of Israel. In 2006, he met privately with Pope Benedict XVI. He has met with the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Robert Runcie, and other leaders of the Anglican Church in London, Gordon B. Hinckley, President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons), as well as senior Eastern Orthodox Church, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, and Sikh officials. The Dalai Lama is also currently a member of the Board of World Religious Leaders as part of The Elijah Interfaith Institute[43] and participated in the Third Meeting of the Board of World Religious Leaders in Amritsar, India, on 26 November 2007 to discuss the topic of Love and Forgiveness.[44]

On 6 January 2009, at Gujarat's Mahuva, the Dalai Lama inaugurated an interfaith "World Religions-Dialogue and Symphony" conference convened by Hindu preacher Morari Bapu. This conference explored "ways and means to deal with the discord among major religions", according to Morari Bapu.[45][46] He has stated that modern scientific findings should take precedence where appropriate over disproven religious superstition.[47]

On 12 May 2010, in Bloomington, Indiana (USA)[48] the Dalai Lama, joined by a panel of select scholars, officially launched the Common Ground Project,[49] which he and HRH Prince Ghazi bin Muhammad of Jordan had planned over the course of several years of personal conversations. The project is based on the book Common Ground between Islam and Buddhism.

And his work to promote Tibetan independence:

At the Congressional Human Rights Caucus in 1987 in Washington, D.C., the Dalai Lama gave a speech outlining his ideas for the future status of Tibet. The plan called for Tibet to become a democratic "zone of peace" without nuclear weapons, and with support for human rights, that barred the entry of Han Chinese. The plan would later be called the "Strasbourg proposal",

(http://en.wikipedia.org...)

I just wonder why you have a problem with a person who has lived his life for to benefit others?
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:32:32 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:24:00 PM, Brainmaster wrote:

Yeah, and it was a lot more intellectual until you got on it, that's for sure. If I wanted that kind of conversation, I'd go get drunk at a bar...
kfc
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:32:53 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:31:08 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

You do realize that blacks have a lower IQ on average than people.
Kfc.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:34:11 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:32:53 PM, Brainmaster wrote:

You do realize that there are black people who use this site that are more intelligent than you are...
kfc
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:35:06 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:34:11 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/14/2011 10:32:53 PM, Brainmaster wrote:

You do realize that there are black people who use this site that are more intelligent than you are...

Probably.

Lol, the comment was a jab at racists who have no basis in their arguments. I ain't a racist.
Kfc.
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:36:42 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:32:31 PM, ReginaldJeeves wrote:

I just wonder why you have a problem with a person who has lived his life for to benefit others?

Not a thing. Just wondering what he has actually DONE. Not pretended to do. Cheers!
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:39:47 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:24:00 PM, Brainmaster wrote:

On the assumption that you understood what I actually said, just run past me the actual words of HATE and VULGARITY that I used. Not what you assumed I said, but the actual quote. There's a good boy. CVheers!
ReginaldJeeves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:40:06 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:36:42 PM, racist wrote:

Not a thing. Just wondering what he has actually DONE. Not pretended to do. Cheers!

Well to see what he has "DONE" i refer back to my last post which outlines a ton of things he has DONE just under the category of Tibetan independence and interfaith tolerance alone. What is it that you think he has "pretended" to do?
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:40:07 PM

Probably.

Lol, the comment was a jab at racists who have no basis in their arguments. I ain't a racist.

That's not a jab at racists.
kfc
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:41:44 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:40:07 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Probably.

Okay, okay...

But I do have legit arguments for racism.
Kfc.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:42:25 PM
On the assumption that you understood what I actually said, just run past me the actual words of HATE and VULGARITY that I used. Not what you assumed I said, but the actual quote. There's a good boy. CVheers!

Racist - OPEN YOUR EYES. The second comment in the thread is what the subject of our exchange is about. You didn't use any vulgarity and I have no complaints with you! You even reposted the comment with Brainmaster's damned name in it!
kfc
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:48:17 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:40:06 PM, ReginaldJeeves wrote:
At 6/14/2011 10:36:42 PM, racist wrote:

Well to see what he has "DONE" i refer back to my last post which outlines a ton of things he has DONE just under the category of Tibetan independence and interfaith tolerance alone. What is it that you think he has "pretended" to do?

To create the illusion that because of his sole and unique efforts , someone has materially and socially benefited and was physically and socially better off. That's what. Traipsing the world at other people's expense and waffling platitudes is not much of an achievement according to my coal mining and auto repairing cronies, sidekicks and acolytes. Cheers!
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:49:54 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:41:44 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
At 6/14/2011 10:40:07 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

Probably.

Okay, okay...

But I do have legit arguments for racism.

You don't have legit arguments for anything. You've tasted blood, and now will say anything you can to try and evoke an emotional response from me.
kfc
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:51:06 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:42:25 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:

You even reposted the comment with Brainmaster's damned name in it!

Duh! Whaddayamean? I don' git it! Cheers!
racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:52:38 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:49:06 PM, Brainmaster wrote:
China censors everything online relating to the DL

They wouldn't have to do a thing here,except have a good laugh. Cheers!
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:53:04 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:44:10 PM, Koopin wrote:
Hello Rob. How have you been lately?

)

Oh just peachy, being trolled pretty hard right now, but with any luck, I'll be able to troll him better than he can get me. I'm not satisfied with just shutting up, I need to feel like I actually got him back. At any rate, it will kill a few minutes before my gf gets here so we can watch a movie and turn in.
kfc
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:53:54 PM
At 6/14/2011 10:53:04 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/14/2011 10:44:10 PM, Koopin wrote:
Hello Rob. How have you been lately?

)

Oh just peachy, being trolled pretty hard right now, but with any luck, I'll be able to troll him better than he can get me. I'm not satisfied with just shutting up, I need to feel like I actually got him back. At any rate, it will kill a few minutes before my gf gets here so we can watch a movie and turn in.

Is it even possible to post a smiley?

)

)
kfc