Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Hate against Black Latinos.

Martina
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 10:49:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It has been my experience that african americans get really offended if you express that you are multi racial. They see this as not being "happy" with just being black.
David-Duke
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 10:59:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 10:49:02 PM, Martina wrote:
It has been my experience that african americans get really offended if you express that you are multi racial. They see this as not being "happy" with just being black.

I highly doubt that African Americans get offended when they recognize that someone is "multi-racial". Considering how many African American men try to get together with white Aryan women in this country, I can't see African Americans getting really offended of someone being multi-racial.

But then again, if you go to Nation of Islam meetings, or Black Panther Party meetings, then you may see some of those ideas being expressed there.
Martina
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.
David-Duke
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:09:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM, Martina wrote:
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.

Well, tell them this. That the white race has without a doubt done much more contribution to the Earth and overall than the black race has.

Also, if you look at history, I almost always think that white leaders have done much more than black leaders have.
David-Duke
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:12:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I could go on more if I wanted. But I know that if I say something that a person deems "crossed the line", then I know that well over half of the people on this website won't hesitate to report me, seeing how much mail I have been getting over the days.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:12:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:09:21 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM, Martina wrote:
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.

Well, tell them this. That the white race has without a doubt done much more contribution to the Earth and overall than the black race has.

Also, if you look at history, I almost always think that white leaders have done much more than black leaders have.

"Nationalism is just an excuse to hate people you never met, and take credit for sh!t you never did."
-Doug Stanhope-
Read that quote really well.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:17:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:12:47 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:09:21 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM, Martina wrote:
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.

Well, tell them this. That the white race has without a doubt done much more contribution to the Earth and overall than the black race has.

Also, if you look at history, I almost always think that white leaders have done much more than black leaders have.

"Nationalism is just an excuse to hate people you never met, and take credit for sh!t you never did."
-Doug Stanhope-
Read that quote really well.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
Martina
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:17:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have to highly disagree with that because for one every race has some type of contributions to the world not just white people and second if we have to get technical I would say that Indians & blacks are the reason America exists today. America was built on the backs of the slaves & the Indians whose land was taken by the whites. So yes whites have made attributions to the world but they are NOT the only ones.
David-Duke
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:18:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:12:47 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:09:21 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM, Martina wrote:
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.

Well, tell them this. That the white race has without a doubt done much more contribution to the Earth and overall than the black race has.

Also, if you look at history, I almost always think that white leaders have done much more than black leaders have.

"Nationalism is just an excuse to hate people you never met, and take credit for sh!t you never did."
-Doug Stanhope-
Read that quote really well.

The term Nationalism is a political ideology that involves a strong identification of a group of individuals with a political entity defined in national terms, i.e. a nation. -the source is wikipedia.

I don't think that anywhere in there did it say about hating people or taking credit for "sh!t" that you never accomplished.

That is a biased quote from someone that can't be credited as a source, because the quote is obviously from someone that hates nationalism.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:19:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:17:35 PM, Martina wrote:
I have to highly disagree with that because for one every race has some type of contributions to the world not just white people and second if we have to get technical I would say that Indians & blacks are the reason America exists today. America was built on the backs of the slaves & the Indians whose land was taken by the whites. So yes whites have made attributions to the world but they are NOT the only ones.

It would sound better to say Chinese leaders have done more to advance world society than African Leaders.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:22:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:18:03 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:12:47 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:09:21 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM, Martina wrote:
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.

Well, tell them this. That the white race has without a doubt done much more contribution to the Earth and overall than the black race has.

Also, if you look at history, I almost always think that white leaders have done much more than black leaders have.

"Nationalism is just an excuse to hate people you never met, and take credit for sh!t you never did."
-Doug Stanhope-
Read that quote really well.

The term Nationalism is a political ideology that involves a strong identification of a group of individuals with a political entity defined in national terms, i.e. a nation. -the source is wikipedia.

I don't think that anywhere in there did it say about hating people or taking credit for "sh!t" that you never accomplished.

That is a biased quote from someone that can't be credited as a source, because the quote is obviously from someone that hates nationalism.

Those contributions are not yours, they are contributions by specific individuals, and as for bias I am quite certain that the majority of people in the world [or at least the USA] abhor nationalism.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
David-Duke
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:24:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:17:35 PM, Martina wrote:
I have to highly disagree with that because for one every race has some type of contributions to the world not just white people and second if we have to get technical I would say that Indians & blacks are the reason America exists today. America was built on the backs of the slaves & the Indians whose land was taken by the whites. So yes whites have made attributions to the world but they are NOT the only ones.

1. I didn't say that the other races (besides the white) didn't have contributions to the world. I was merely saying that no race has had contributions to the world that are anywhere near to the amount of contributions that the whites have given the world.

2. How can you say that Idians and blacks are the reason America exists today? "If you want to get technical", you will also have to describe America.

3. I assume you are talking about Native Americans and not Indians (who primarily live in India).

4. I wouldn't say that America was built on the backs of the slaves and the "Indians". Let me ask you this, do you think that America would be a global power today where it not for the white race making a prominent presence in America from the early beginning?

5. Like I said, I didn't say whites were the only race who made a contribution, that would be very silly to assume.
David-Duke
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:25:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:22:58 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:18:03 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:12:47 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:09:21 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM, Martina wrote:
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.

Well, tell them this. That the white race has without a doubt done much more contribution to the Earth and overall than the black race has.

Also, if you look at history, I almost always think that white leaders have done much more than black leaders have.

"Nationalism is just an excuse to hate people you never met, and take credit for sh!t you never did."
-Doug Stanhope-
Read that quote really well.

The term Nationalism is a political ideology that involves a strong identification of a group of individuals with a political entity defined in national terms, i.e. a nation. -the source is wikipedia.

I don't think that anywhere in there did it say about hating people or taking credit for "sh!t" that you never accomplished.

That is a biased quote from someone that can't be credited as a source, because the quote is obviously from someone that hates nationalism.

Those contributions are not yours, they are contributions by specific individuals, and as for bias I am quite certain that the majority of people in the world [or at least the USA] abhor nationalism.

Can you prove that beyond a certain doubt? Or do you perhaps have a poll (from a reliable resource of course) to show me?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:28:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:22:58 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Those contributions are not yours, they are contributions by specific individuals, and as for bias I am quite certain that the majority of people in the world [or at least the USA] abhor nationalism.

Don't forget nationalized healthcare.

God I love strawmanning.
David-Duke
Posts: 102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:29:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:28:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:22:58 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Those contributions are not yours, they are contributions by specific individuals, and as for bias I am quite certain that the majority of people in the world [or at least the USA] abhor nationalism.



Don't forget nationalized healthcare.

God I love strawmanning.

Don't even get me started on healthcare.
Martina
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:40:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:24:34 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:17:35 PM, Martina wrote:
I have to highly disagree with that because for one every race has some type of contributions to the world not just white people and second if we have to get technical I would say that Indians & blacks are the reason America exists today. America was built on the backs of the slaves & the Indians whose land was taken by the whites. So yes whites have made attributions to the world but they are NOT the only ones.

1. I didn't say that the other races (besides the white) didn't have contributions to the world. I was merely saying that no race has had contributions to the world that are anywhere near to the amount of contributions that the whites have given the world.

2. How can you say that Idians and blacks are the reason America exists today? "If you want to get technical", you will also have to describe America.

3. I assume you are talking about Native Americans and not Indians (who primarily live in India).

4. I wouldn't say that America was built on the backs of the slaves and the "Indians". Let me ask you this, do you think that America would be a global power today where it not for the white race making a prominent presence in America from the early beginning?

5. Like I said, I didn't say whites were the only race who made a contribution, that would be very silly to assume.

You wouldn't say that America was built on the backs of the slaves and Indians (oops i mean native american) ? Who built the houses, who grew the food you ate, who grew the crops you sold to become rich, & who took care of the children. Even before the African the native americans were forced to work & began to build this piece of **** we call land of the free. White people worked them until most of them were almost extinct, some tribes even did become extinct so forgive me when I say this but I do not see to many contributions whites made except sitting on their *** while everything was done for them. Please enlighten me on some of there many contributions.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:42:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:25:41 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:22:58 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:18:03 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:12:47 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:09:21 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM, Martina wrote:
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.

Well, tell them this. That the white race has without a doubt done much more contribution to the Earth and overall than the black race has.

Also, if you look at history, I almost always think that white leaders have done much more than black leaders have.

"Nationalism is just an excuse to hate people you never met, and take credit for sh!t you never did."
-Doug Stanhope-
Read that quote really well.

The term Nationalism is a political ideology that involves a strong identification of a group of individuals with a political entity defined in national terms, i.e. a nation. -the source is wikipedia.

I don't think that anywhere in there did it say about hating people or taking credit for "sh!t" that you never accomplished.

That is a biased quote from someone that can't be credited as a source, because the quote is obviously from someone that hates nationalism.

Those contributions are not yours, they are contributions by specific individuals, and as for bias I am quite certain that the majority of people in the world [or at least the USA] abhor nationalism.

Can you prove that beyond a certain doubt? Or do you perhaps have a poll (from a reliable resource of course) to show me?

If majority of people believed in your proposed ethnic nationalism why do they not post more legislature to promote that philosophy [this is an democracy after all]?
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:50:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:40:33 PM, Martina wrote:

You wouldn't say that America was built on the backs of the slaves and Indians (oops i mean native american) ? Who built the houses, who grew the food you ate, who grew the crops you sold to become rich, & who took care of the children.

Nope. As far as I'm concerned free people do that stuff for money.

Even before the African the native americans were forced to work & began to build this piece of **** we call land of the free.

Native Americans were never slaves. It was actually Africans that sold the slaves to European and Americans for textiles, sugar, and rum.

White people worked them until most of them were almost extinct, some tribes even did become extinct

It was largely due to the deadly diseases Europeans had.

so forgive me when I say this but I do not see to many contributions whites made except sitting on their *** while everything was done for them.

Only really rich plantation owners owned slaves. Everyone else had to work. A lot of America's success can be attributed to once slavery ended, during the industrial revoltuion where America quickly began to grow. I understand your anger, but please realize the above person is a troll.

Please enlighten me on some of there many contributions.

Curing polio, lightbulb, planes, automobiles, physics. Pretty much most inventions. It's no point caring the race of who invented what. Like SuperRobotWars said, it was individuals that did it. It's stupid for a race to take credit for it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:53:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:40:33 PM, Martina wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:24:34 PM, David-Duke wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:17:35 PM, Martina wrote:
I have to highly disagree with that because for one every race has some type of contributions to the world not just white people and second if we have to get technical I would say that Indians & blacks are the reason America exists today. America was built on the backs of the slaves & the Indians whose land was taken by the whites. So yes whites have made attributions to the world but they are NOT the only ones.

1. I didn't say that the other races (besides the white) didn't have contributions to the world. I was merely saying that no race has had contributions to the world that are anywhere near to the amount of contributions that the whites have given the world.

2. How can you say that Idians and blacks are the reason America exists today? "If you want to get technical", you will also have to describe America.

3. I assume you are talking about Native Americans and not Indians (who primarily live in India).

4. I wouldn't say that America was built on the backs of the slaves and the "Indians". Let me ask you this, do you think that America would be a global power today where it not for the white race making a prominent presence in America from the early beginning?

5. Like I said, I didn't say whites were the only race who made a contribution, that would be very silly to assume.

You wouldn't say that America was built on the backs of the slaves and Indians (oops i mean native american) ? Who built the houses, who grew the food you ate, who grew the crops you sold to become rich, & who took care of the children. Even before the African the native americans were forced to work & began to build this piece of **** we call land of the free. White people worked them until most of them were almost extinct, some tribes even did become extinct so forgive me when I say this but I do not see to many contributions whites made except sitting on their *** while everything was done for them. Please enlighten me on some of there many contributions.

Yes. Everything North of the Mason-Dixon line was built by either Indians or Blacks. Or Chinese. Or Egyptians.
Merda
Posts: 322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2011 11:57:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
David-Duke is a troll. He doesn't actually believe any of the stupid sh1t he's saying. If he actually does than there's no use talking to him.
My manwich!
Martina
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:16:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:50:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/23/2011 11:40:33 PM, Martina wrote:

You wouldn't say that America was built on the backs of the slaves and Indians (oops i mean native american) ? Who built the houses, who grew the food you ate, who grew the crops you sold to become rich, & who took care of the children.

Nope. As far as I'm concerned free people do that stuff for money.

Even before the African the native americans were forced to work & began to build this piece of **** we call land of the free.

Native Americans were never slaves. It was actually Africans that sold the slaves to European and Americans for textiles, sugar, and rum.

White people worked them until most of them were almost extinct, some tribes even did become extinct

It was largely due to the deadly diseases Europeans had.

so forgive me when I say this but I do not see to many contributions whites made except sitting on their *** while everything was done for them.

Only really rich plantation owners owned slaves. Everyone else had to work. A lot of America's success can be attributed to once slavery ended, during the industrial revoltuion where America quickly began to grow. I understand your anger, but please realize the above person is a troll.

Please enlighten me on some of there many contributions.

Curing polio, lightbulb, planes, automobiles, physics. Pretty much most inventions. It's no point caring the race of who invented what. Like SuperRobotWars said, it was individuals that did it. It's stupid for a race to take credit for it.

1.No free people did not do those things themselves especially in the south & even in the early stages of america they didnt do those things in the north as well because slavery existed there to.
2.I never said Africans didnt sell each other & Native American were treated very poorly & had to work for the Europeans by working the land & doing pretty much whatever they had to & you can bet any amount of money they were not getting paid which makes them...SLAVES.
3.Yes disease contributed greatly to their demise but that is by no means all. There were massive amounts of killings just for the simple fact of hate & yes a large majority of them were worked to death on top of being stricken with disease American history 1O1.
4.I do agree that the industrial revolution was a great time of success & yes only rich plantation owners owned slaves but there were more rich than poor hun.
5.Yes it is stupid for people to attribute inventions to a whole race of people.
Brainmaster
Posts: 1,603
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:17:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:57:53 PM, Merda wrote:
David-Duke is a troll. He doesn't actually believe any of the stupid sh1t he's saying. If he actually does than there's no use talking to him.

No. You're just politcally correct.

That said, DD is a complete idiot, right or not.
Kfc.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:21:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 12:16:03 AM, Martina wrote:

1.No free people did not do those things themselves especially in the south & even in the early stages of america they didnt do those things in the north as well because slavery existed there to.


Yes, the pilgrims brought their handy Slaves over on the Mayflower.
Martina
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:24:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 12:21:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:16:03 AM, Martina wrote:

1.No free people did not do those things themselves especially in the south & even in the early stages of america they didnt do those things in the north as well because slavery existed there to.


Yes, the pilgrims brought their handy Slaves over on the Mayflower.



thank you :)
Martina
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:35:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 12:24:32 AM, Martina wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:21:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:16:03 AM, Martina wrote:

1.No free people did not do those things themselves especially in the south & even in the early stages of america they didnt do those things in the north as well because slavery existed there to.


Yes, the pilgrims brought their handy Slaves over on the Mayflower.



thank you :)
I love the sarcasm *smh*
I never said that slaves came on the mayflower so what are you talking about & do you hear yourself handy slaves, really ? Why do people try to make it seem that slavery & exploitation of the africans & natives were not a bad thing or that it wasnt as bad as everyone thinks.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:38:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 12:35:58 AM, Martina wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:24:32 AM, Martina wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:21:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:16:03 AM, Martina wrote:

1.No free people did not do those things themselves especially in the south & even in the early stages of america they didnt do those things in the north as well because slavery existed there to.


Yes, the pilgrims brought their handy Slaves over on the Mayflower.



thank you :)
I love the sarcasm *smh*
I never said that slaves came on the mayflower so what are you talking about & do you hear yourself handy slaves, really ? Why do people try to make it seem that slavery & exploitation of the africans & natives were not a bad thing or that it wasnt as bad as everyone thinks.

Some of the wealthier families in Plymouth Colony owned black slaves, which unlike the white indentured servants, were considered the property of their owners and passed on to heirs like any other property. Slave ownership was not widespread and very few families possessed the wealth necessary to own slaves. In 1674, the inventory of Capt. Thomas Willet of Marshfield includes "8 Negroes" at a value of £200. Other inventories of the time also valued slaves at £24–25 each (£2.83 thousand as of 2010, or $4,300 at PPP), well out of the financial ability of most families. A 1689 census of the town of Bristol shows that of the 70 families that lived there, only one had a black slave. So few were black slaves in the colony that the General Court never saw fit to pass any laws dealing with them.
Martina
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 12:46:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/24/2011 12:38:38 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:35:58 AM, Martina wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:24:32 AM, Martina wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:21:30 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2011 12:16:03 AM, Martina wrote:

1.No free people did not do those things themselves especially in the south & even in the early stages of america they didnt do those things in the north as well because slavery existed there to.


Yes, the pilgrims brought their handy Slaves over on the Mayflower.



thank you :)
I love the sarcasm *smh*
I never said that slaves came on the mayflower so what are you talking about & do you hear yourself handy slaves, really ? Why do people try to make it seem that slavery & exploitation of the africans & natives were not a bad thing or that it wasnt as bad as everyone thinks.

Some of the wealthier families in Plymouth Colony owned black slaves, which unlike the white indentured servants, were considered the property of their owners and passed on to heirs like any other property. Slave ownership was not widespread and very few families possessed the wealth necessary to own slaves. In 1674, the inventory of Capt. Thomas Willet of Marshfield includes "8 Negroes" at a value of £200. Other inventories of the time also valued slaves at £24–25 each (£2.83 thousand as of 2010, or $4,300 at PPP), well out of the financial ability of most families. A 1689 census of the town of Bristol shows that of the 70 families that lived there, only one had a black slave. So few were black slaves in the colony that the General Court never saw fit to pass any laws dealing with them.

interesting...but what you just said had nothing to do with the video & besides I dont even understand how this topic started...my question had nothing to do with this, I simply wanted to know why do African Americans view me as a self hater because I identify with being puerto rican & black & not just black..idk where this other stuff came from.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 1:15:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
*sigh*
What is the point of this thread?
To say, via anecdote, that ignorant people exist in the world and that you are not one of them?

Jus' askin'.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 4:01:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anyone who tells you that you hate yourself for acknowledging the heritage of both of your parents is an idiot.

This seems to relate to the "one drop rule" thread you made before. I think there's two sides to that from my understanding.

In the plantocracy era, people with white and black parents were regarded as black by the racist white mainstream. That's the root of what you're experiencing now.

Post slavery but pre civil rights, black people with darker complexions were likely to experience more direct racism than mixed race people or black people with lighter complexions. This led to a backlash of lighter skinned and mixed race people being stereotyped as uppity or wanting to be white, with offensive terms such as "high yellow" being coined.

The "black is black" argument wthin the civil rights movement however I believe was more a call from black people for mixed race people to acknowledge the racism that they all experience and show solidarity in the struggle for equality. You don't have to choose to be black or white (or in your case black or latino) you can be both.
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2011 6:58:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/23/2011 11:06:05 PM, Martina wrote:
Im just saying it has been my experience. When I tell Africam Americans my race they get all offensive & say that black is black and my other side does not matter because black always over powers the other.

why do you honestly give a shitt about someone who is that stupid to form an opinion of you simply because of the race of your parents. Stop talking to them, find new people stop trying to fit in everywhere on the basis of your race. I don't really see how or why its an issue.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos