Jump to topic:

Is it racist if...

BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:07:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Not racist at all. Not unless you attribute his lack of intelligence to his race.
Is it racist to point out that Obama is half white?
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:12:50 PM
At 7/1/2011 3:07:40 PM, BennyW wrote:
Not racist at all. Not unless you attribute his lack of intelligence to his race.

Depends which half.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:19:44 PM
At 7/1/2011 2:59:35 PM, innomen wrote:
I believe and say that i think Obama isn't very smart, at least not as smart as most think him to be.

It isn't. What is racist is someone calling you racist for pointing that out.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:21:20 PM
At 7/1/2011 3:19:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I believe and say that i think Obama isn't very smart, at least not as smart as most think him to be.

racism is discrimination based on race.
We're both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you.
GMDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:31:46 PM
At 7/1/2011 3:28:19 PM, innomen wrote:
Follow up then, would you call him "stupid" in public if you thought he was?

well, we live in a country where we can do that. Say something like "I don't agree with Obama; but not cos of his race."
We're both atheists. I just believe in one less god than you.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:33:33 PM

Yes I do all the time. When someone says it is racist to not support him I point iout it is racist to support someone based on their race.
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:39:06 PM
At 7/1/2011 3:21:20 PM, GMDebater wrote:
At 7/1/2011 3:19:44 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

racism is discrimination based on race.

Person X is white and thinks Obama is stupid [and has nothing to do with his race]
Person Y calls Person X an racist for calling Obama stupid
Person Y is the actual racist for trying to state that simply beacuse one person disagrees with another individual who is of an different race makes that person a racist
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:39:35 PM
At 7/1/2011 3:31:46 PM, GMDebater wrote:

well, we live in a country where we can do that. Say something like "I don't agree with Obama; but not cos of his race."

So we must qualify not agreeing with him because he's black?
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 3:42:14 PM
Apparently though, pointing out Robert Byrd was a racist would make people really upset. Years ago I used to go on YahooAnswers all the time (those were the days) and when I mentioned that Robert Byrd was a racist and Ted Kennedy was a drunk (they were both alive a this point) my question was deleted and when I persisted it got me banned and I had asked and answered hundreds of questions.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 4:31:21 PM

Nope. Honestly, I think you were assessing Obama by his speeches, policies, and even character, but not by his race.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 4:35:41 PM
At 7/1/2011 4:31:21 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Nope. Honestly, I think you were assessing Obama by his speeches, policies, and even character, but not by his race.

You do understand that your response would not be the most common one.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 4:42:09 PM
At 7/1/2011 4:35:41 PM, innomen wrote:
At 7/1/2011 4:31:21 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

You do understand that your response would not be the most common one.

That is what I said [for all intensive purposes], and I received no complement!
Minister Of Trolling
:
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 7:11:19 PM

No, not racist. But I know what your talking about.

I was talking about Obama the other day at work. I didn't have nice things to say but it had nothing to do with his race. A co worker said that I didn't like him because he's black. I had to fight back the explosion that was building up. This guy that said that is black. He holds the company record for filling the most EOO suits. Everything is about race to him.

It ironic too. A few months ago he came in raising cain about having to rent his house to some mexicans. I guess they filed against him because he wasn't renting to no spic*. He rents his house on section 8. I started to explain to him why he couldnt discriminate based on race, but I left it alone.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
David-Duke
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 7:37:22 PM

No, thats not racist. But I do believe and say that about Obama.
David-Duke
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 7:40:41 PM
At 7/1/2011 3:07:40 PM, BennyW wrote:

How would it be "racist" to point out that Obama is "half white"?

He isn't half white. He is black. The fact that he has a white mother, doesn't make him half white. His visual skin appearence is still black.
David-Duke
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 7:42:47 PM

I would openly say all the words that I can best think fit Obama's characteristics. I wouldn't care about any "public" counter reaction.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 7:46:58 PM
No. If someone is a liar, I don't think his skin color makes him immune to accusations. To hell with that. Whether someone is white or black, that means zero to me. Whether a white person is bad or a black person, I don't judge by the skin but by the deeds and intentions.
David-Duke
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 7:48:13 PM
At 7/1/2011 7:46:58 PM, Mirza wrote:
No. If someone is a liar, I don't think his skin color makes him immune to accusations. To hell with that. Whether someone is white or black, that means zero to me. Whether a white person is bad or a black person, I don't judge by the skin but by the deeds and intentions.

Thats stupid!

Why wouldn't you judge by skin color?
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2011 8:28:45 PM
Racism is discrimination based on race. As long as you are assessing his intelligence based on his policies, demeanor, speeches, exc. it's not really racist.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 2:29:34 AM

No, unless you suppose his lack of smarts is because he is black.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Minuteman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 8:38:13 AM
At 7/2/2011 2:29:34 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

This. White or not, I dislike Obama.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:52:32 PM
At 7/1/2011 8:28:45 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Racism is discrimination based on race.

Eh not really. It's a non essential attempt at defining. Racism relates to evaluative judgements based on race. These may be positive or negative evaluative judgements. Discrimination based on race requires the evaluative judgement first, but discrimination isn't a requisite in itself.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 2:02:56 AM

CN! HI!

Also: Here are 2 Black Leaders that advanced a country.
1) MLK
2) Nelson Mandela

Can anyone think of any others?
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 2:14:03 AM
At 7/3/2011 2:01:05 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
Are you claiming that a criticism of any black person implies racism?

What is the codeword this time?

Code word: Racebaiting
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 10:25:37 AM
At 7/3/2011 2:02:56 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

CN! HI!

1) MLK
2) Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela should have been hung. I don 't think he really 'advanced' South Africa.

The guy who led the Haitian slave rebellion, though whether that really 'advanced' the country is anyones guess.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 10:32:16 AM
At 7/3/2011 10:25:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 7/3/2011 2:02:56 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

CN! HI!

1) MLK
2) Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela should have been hung. I don 't think he really 'advanced' South Africa.

The guy who led the Haitian slave rebellion, though whether that really 'advanced' the country is anyones guess.

He more or less forced his nation to remain an 3rd World country by making it so that the Haitians would pay the French money due to the costs of the war.
Minister Of Trolling
:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 10:35:44 AM
I believe and say that i think Obama isn't very smart, at least not as smart as most think him to be.:

No, of course not. You're making that remark about an individual not an entire race. It would only be racist to say he's not smart because he's black.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)