Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 12:14:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/2/2011 11:20:53 AM, Minuteman wrote:
trollface.jpg

Innomen is a respected member and possibly one of the adminstrators, I don't know though.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 12:40:39 PM
At 7/2/2011 12:14:57 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
trollface.jpg

Innomen is a respected member and possibly one of the adminstrators, I don't know though.

When even Brain is understanding jokes which you are missing completely, you might want to consider being worried.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 12:47:47 PM
At 7/2/2011 12:40:39 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
trollface.jpg

When even Brain is understanding jokes which you are missing completely, you might want to consider being worried.

What's the joke?

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 12:51:53 PM
At 7/2/2011 12:47:47 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
trollface.jpg

What's the joke?

Innomen is trolling in a sense. Its a bait and switch joke. You are expecting him to say one thing (that Lennon was gay), but instead he reveals his political opinions.
I can't believe I'm explaining this.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 12:55:04 PM
At 7/2/2011 12:51:53 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
trollface.jpg

What's the joke?

Innomen is trolling in a sense. Its a bait and switch joke. You are expecting him to say one thing (that Lennon was gay), but instead he reveals his political opinions.

Oh, I see..That's why he wrote "a closet" which would refer to homosexuality, but then writes something about being a "Reagan fan", which is different. I was only responding to Minuteman's quote. And I am sorry if I made you explain this, sir.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 12:59:26 PM
At 7/2/2011 12:55:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
trollface.jpg

What's the joke?

Oh, I see..That's why he wrote "a closet" which would refer to homosexuality, but then writes something about being a "Reagan fan", which is different. I was only responding to Minuteman's quote. And I am sorry if I made you explain this, sir.

I'm indeed sorry if I made you have to explain this....By the way, please note that I am still developing my own sense of humor. Innueondos and puns can fly right past me, even if they were "naked", so oftentimes I get confused at a joke. Our first encounter--about that male lesbianism thing--did kind of show that.
And please don't expect a rapid change of humor/personality...

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 1:03:28 PM
At 7/2/2011 12:59:26 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 7/2/2011 12:55:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
trollface.jpg

What's the joke?

I'm indeed sorry if I made you have to explain this....By the way, please note that I am still developing my own sense of humor. Innueondos and puns can fly right past me, even if they were "naked", so oftentimes I get confused at a joke. Our first encounter--about that male lesbianism thing--did kind of show that.
And please don't expect a rapid change of humor/personality...

I know, it is sad.

Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 1:08:37 PM
Don't worry about it. Sometimes I erroneously assume that just because something is obvious to me, it should be obvious to everyone.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 6:57:23 PM
Oh yeah, he loved the Ronald. He had so much fun every which way in every position in Ronald's cabinet.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 7:03:12 PM
At 7/2/2011 6:57:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Oh yeah, he loved the Ronald. He had so much fun every which way in every position in Ronald's cabinet.

Now, MIG, this is joke because Ragnar is (of course) alluding to Ronald Macdonald, the famous ginger furniture sales man. He specialized in selling bed side cabinets. And as we all know John Lennon had a fetish for things in cabinets, so naturally he would have "fun" in old Macdonalds cabinets.
Sorry for everyone who finds this kind of joke really obvious; MIG has just been having a hard time with this sites humour and needs friendly help.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2011 8:47:16 PM
At 7/2/2011 7:03:12 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/2/2011 6:57:23 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Now, MIG, this is joke because Ragnar is (of course) alluding to Ronald Macdonald, the famous ginger furniture sales man. He specialized in selling bed side cabinets. And as we all know John Lennon had a fetish for things in cabinets, so naturally he would have "fun" in old Macdonalds cabinets.
Thanks, Thaddeus. But you could've send a message instead of publically announcing it, oh well. At least I learned all these little facts (that there was a Ronald Macdonald, who sold bed side cabinets, and something about John Lennon with a fetish for things in cabinets) that could be pieced together to understand the joke. Once again, thank you and please ignore this side conversation. My humor is very stiff, as you've seen from my open posts. But, I'm learning.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2011 6:17:12 AM
At 7/2/2011 10:41:28 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Daily Mail = National Inquirer of UK.

Google it, there's actually a lot of references to it. I don't know about the guy that's making the claims, Lennon's personal assistant, but I don't know why he would make this particular sort of claim. It's not really scandalous as much as it is odd.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2011 8:05:00 AM
At 7/3/2011 6:17:12 AM, innomen wrote:
At 7/2/2011 10:41:28 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Daily Mail = National Inquirer of UK.

Google it, there's actually a lot of references to it. I don't know about the guy that's making the claims, Lennon's personal assistant, but I don't know why he would make this particular sort of claim. It's not really scandalous as much as it is odd.

He's an @sshole. He got caught trying to sell a load of crap he nicked off John and now he's trying to make a few quid by defaming Lennon's memory with this slander.