Jump to topic:

Gay Rights Are This Era's Civil Right Movment

BillyJean
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 6:16:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The struggle for gay equality in this decade mirrors the struggle African Americans faced in the 1950's and 60's with segregation and so on. When's President Obama going to do something about it? It's clearly the right thing to do, just like the Civil Rights movement was. I don't want to look like an idiot when people look back on history.
Sloppy Joes. Slop. Sloppy Joes.
Alien
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 6:23:07 PM
At 7/6/2011 6:16:38 PM, BillyJean wrote:
The struggle for gay equality in this decade mirrors the struggle African Americans faced in the 1950's and 60's with segregation and so on. When's President Obama going to do something about it? It's clearly the right thing to do, just like the Civil Rights movement was. I don't want to look like an idiot when people look back on history.

Billy Jean. << Greetings from the outer world. Your logic is vastly flawed and filled with great ignorance. You must understand that the movement of the early
to mid 20th century was based on race and ethnicity. The status quo judged man
by the color or complexion of his exterior. You cannot equivolate that with sexual
orientation. You are a homosexual human being only by choice. You were NOT
born that way because this goes against the rules of mankind. Man plus Woman
equals child. You are a perverse and disoriented vessel whose priorities
are distorted and confused. Perhaps you should go get some counseling to help
you deal with your social challenges as a male and not blame society for your
social ills. I stand by my logic and dare anyone to challenge me.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 7:26:53 PM
I don't think you can compare segregation and being viewed as inferior by practically everyone to being denied marriage rights. Besides, there are actually legitimate arguments against gay marraige, look at Condradictions debates (that he always wins).
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 6:47:47 AM

Gays already have equal rights. Do you perhaps mean extra rights?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 3:26:56 PM

Gay people have the closet they (we) can always go into and morph into what people are comfortable with what they would have us be. Black people had no such closet, and the indignities they suffered is far beyond which a gay man or lesbian has had to deal with. There is an injustice that one is forced to become something they are not in order to fit into a societal norm, but to equate that with the struggles that those of color have had to endure and overcome isn't even close. As a gay man i can pass for a straight guy and get the job that a black man could not. Having to pretend that i am straight (which i really can't be bothered doing) is an injustice, but it's hardly at the same level as what you refer to.