Jump to topic:

The animals

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 7:17:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A long long time ago the animals ruled the earth after developing large brains, in a fashion that we do now. They took advantage of the world's resources and plundered nature until it could not hold them anymore. Then the animals made the decision to lower their brain capacity as this would reduce the cost on the Earth. The animals now are in their natural state in the wild (or as pets).

Though obviously fake, this story could relate to the human race. If we outstrip our resources, decreasing brain capacity would be an option to let the Earth Recover, though highly unpopular.

I'm not saying we should make ourselves retarded to save the Earth, but I just find this interesting to think about.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 12:55:05 AM
At 7/9/2011 7:23:20 PM, seraine wrote:
Woah! Sometimes I've though that! We're obviously meant for each other.

P.S. The first part is actually true.

*puts on T-Shirt that says: I'm not mulitaccounting*
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 10:56:40 AM
At 7/9/2011 7:17:38 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
A long long time ago the animals ruled the earth after developing large brains, in a fashion that we do now. They took advantage of the world's resources and plundered nature until it could not hold them anymore. Then the animals made the decision to lower their brain capacity as this would reduce the cost on the Earth. The animals now are in their natural state in the wild (or as pets).

Though obviously fake, this story could relate to the human race. If we outstrip our resources, decreasing brain capacity would be an option to let the Earth Recover, though highly unpopular.

I'm not saying we should make ourselves retarded to save the Earth, but I just find this interesting to think about.

That has to be one of the most retarded things I have ever heard.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 1:32:10 PM

At first I thought this was some dumb evolution theory.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:11:06 PM
At 7/10/2011 10:56:40 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

That has to be one of the most retarded things I have ever heard.

It's fiction....derrrr
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 10:29:14 AM
Moar.

My thoughts are generally as follows: The wolves used to be the masters of the Earth, more powerful than humans. However, their influence was destroying the earth, and they thought they couldn't save the earth. In order to save the earth, the wolves destroyed all evidence of their greatness and took away their intelligence. This created a power vacuum and the deer became intelligent. The cycle repeats itself, and we humans are next in line. Unless we do something about it.

Yeah, for some reason I think of plots for books and stuff a lot.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 3:47:33 PM
At 7/11/2011 10:29:14 AM, seraine wrote:
Moar.

My thoughts are generally as follows: The wolves used to be the masters of the Earth, more powerful than humans. However, their influence was destroying the earth, and they thought they couldn't save the earth. In order to save the earth, the wolves destroyed all evidence of their greatness and took away their intelligence. This created a power vacuum and the deer became intelligent. The cycle repeats itself, and we humans are next in line. Unless we do something about it.

Yeah, for some reason I think of plots for books and stuff a lot.

I don't mean to be harsh... but no one will read that tripe... unless you specifically target it at 11 year old pagan girls... but even then.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 4:11:45 PM
At 7/11/2011 3:47:33 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I don't mean to be harsh... but no one will read that tripe... unless you specifically target it at 11 year old pagan girls... but even then.

I know. My brain spins out an idea; I play with it for a little while, then decide it's not good.

Most of my ideas for books are crap.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 5:12:53 PM

I'm not saying we should make ourselves retarded to save the Earth, but I just find this interesting to think about.:

Why not just be smart about it and not outstrip your own resources? Seems like it would be more indicative of low intelligence to outstrip your only resources.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)