The benefits of bisexuality.

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 2:21:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.psychologytoday.com...

""He can have sex with another guy, but he's not allowed to even look at another woman," one wife told me, describing her bisexual husband. Two men in a committed homosexual relationship likewise told me about the one partner's freedom to have sex with other women, but not men."

I also like the line that lawyers are more trustworthy than bisexuals.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 2:27:29 PM
It's not cheating if it's girl on girl and the guy gets to watch. If a guy in a straight relationship says otherwise he's either Mormon or he's a bisexual looking for similar concessions in trade.

^_^.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 2:59:32 PM
At 7/19/2011 2:21:16 PM, innomen wrote:

""He can have sex with another guy, but he's not allowed to even look at another woman," one wife told me, describing her bisexual husband. Two men in a committed homosexual relationship likewise told me about the one partner's freedom to have sex with other women, but not men."

I'm fairly certain that men are more - maybe tolerant - of a girlfriend who cheated with a woman than a woman would be if she found out her man was gay or bi.

If someone of the opposite sex was coming onto my significant other I would certainly feel threatened, personally, since I have no idea how to compete with that...unless I want to get creative.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 3:08:22 PM
At 7/19/2011 2:59:32 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

I'm fairly certain that men are more - maybe tolerant - of a girlfriend who cheated with a woman than a woman would be if she found out her man was gay or bi.

If someone of the opposite sex was coming onto my significant other I would certainly feel threatened, personally, since I have no idea how to compete with that...unless I want to get creative.

Well Justin, there are many who wonder about you anyway, and i am uncertain that this post clears up anything.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 3:16:19 PM

I also like the line that lawyers are more trustworthy than bisexuals.:

I think it all depends on what that relationship agrees upon. Some people see that as a double standard; that cheating is cheating. Maybe it is, but I'm not going to make that judgment call as it's not my place to tell other couples how they should or shouldn't run their sexual lives, nor is it their responsibility to critique mine.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 3:16:49 PM
At 7/19/2011 3:08:22 PM, innomen wrote:

Well Justin, there are many who wonder about you anyway, and i am uncertain that this post clears up anything.

Can't.....stop.... laughing......
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 3:45:37 PM
There is certainly a difference of view between bi-sexual men and bi-sexual women, especially if alcohol is involved.

If you're at a party and two girls (that are otherwise completely straight) start making out and groping. Everyone is just going to cheer them on, and in the morning, when they wake up from their hangovers, everyone is just going to laugh it all off and they'll still be considered straight.

But if two guys (that are otherwise completely straight) start making out and groping at the party, you'll get a far different reaction. Both at the moment of the act, and forever afterwards. Almost no one is going to just laugh that off as a drunken experience.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 3:49:54 PM
At 7/19/2011 3:45:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
There is certainly a difference of view between bi-sexual men and bi-sexual women, especially if alcohol is involved.

If you're at a party and two girls (that are otherwise completely straight) start making out and groping. Everyone is just going to cheer them on, and in the morning, when they wake up from their hangovers, everyone is just going to laugh it all off and they'll still be considered straight.

But if two guys (that are otherwise completely straight) start making out and groping at the party, you'll get a far different reaction. Both at the moment of the act, and forever afterwards. Almost no one is going to just laugh that off as a drunken experience.

It probably helps here that getting drunk and making out can easily be done privately. Two girls get drunk, make out, and shrug it off the next day quite often because they wanted the attention, otherwise they would have done it as privately as the guys do.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 4:10:48 PM
It's incredibly ironic that you post this. I had a conversation literally within the hour on Facebook with my girlfriend in which she (once again, for the hundreth time) told me that if I was remotely bisexual, she would hands down have to break up with me. Even though I think that's bullshiit, I reluctantly understand where she's coming from. I've dated bisexuals in the past and it kinda sucks. The logic is somewhere along the lines of not being able to fulfill all of someone's sexual needs. If there were things I found sexually attractive about men -- not just the whole penis thing, but the domination aspect of sex, or hard body, or hairy chest (lol ew), or even familial/societal security (i.e. feeling "normal") etc. then there is simply no way she could ever compete with that. She would probably feel insecure and definitely inadequate. Cheating on her with a man would be INFINITELY worse than cheating on her with a woman. She's confirmed this, and I have said the exact same thing in past relationships so I completely understand where she's coming from. It's interesting that a lot of people feel otherwise. I also think that from a lesbian's POV, when so many people doubt/question our sexuality - or simply ignore it - it would be a huge slap in the face to your partner to sleep with a man, considering we constantly have to defend and prove that we really ARE gay. This gesture would essentially be giving in to all of men's idealized notions that deep down lesbians (and bisexuals) just really want their c0ck. Barf.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 4:12:36 PM
At 7/19/2011 2:27:29 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
It's not cheating if it's girl on girl and the guy gets to watch. If a guy in a straight relationship says otherwise he's either Mormon or he's a bisexual looking for similar concessions in trade.

Watch "The Sex Monster."
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 4:18:33 PM
At 7/19/2011 4:10:48 PM, Danielle wrote:
It's incredibly ironic that you post this. I had a conversation literally within the hour on Facebook with my girlfriend in which she (once again, for the hundreth time) told me that if I was remotely bisexual, she would hands down have to break up with me. Even though I think that's bullshiit, I reluctantly understand where she's coming from. I've dated bisexuals in the past and it kinda sucks. The logic is somewhere along the lines of not being able to fulfill all of someone's sexual needs. If there were things I found sexually attractive about men -- not just the whole penis thing, but the domination aspect of sex, or hard body, or hairy chest (lol ew), or even familial/societal security (i.e. feeling "normal") etc. then there is simply no way she could ever compete with that. She would probably feel insecure and definitely inadequate. Cheating on her with a man would be INFINITELY worse than cheating on her with a woman. She's confirmed this, and I have said the exact same thing in past relationships so I completely understand where she's coming from. It's interesting that a lot of people feel otherwise. I also think that from a lesbian's POV, when so many people doubt/question our sexuality - or simply ignore it - it would be a huge slap in the face to your partner to sleep with a man, considering we constantly have to defend and prove that we really ARE gay. This gesture would essentially be giving in to all of men's idealized notions that deep down lesbians (and bisexuals) just really want their c0ck. Barf.

I definitely get that whole slap in the face thing, even though it feels somewhat irrational.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 4:23:56 PM
At 7/19/2011 4:12:36 PM, Danielle wrote:

Watch "The Sex Monster."

That only works as a counterargument if the dude expects that to happen-- which makes him a ****y.

(Obviously I'm here as a representative of the locker room. In all actuality, set whatever rules for your relationships you want, people.)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 4:34:46 PM
At 7/19/2011 4:10:48 PM, Danielle wrote:

So is kissing and being fingered by a man ok given that both men and women have lips and fingers, thus not making female partners jealous?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 4:34:49 PM

^_^.

Call me weird but I honestly don't want to watch. Join in would be great, I'd love to join in but I'd just feel akward watching. The problem with that of course, your girlfriend or wife might not be ok with you trying to stick you penis in another vagina, even if its one she is currently, or was very recently licking
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:01:16 PM
I just threw up in my mouth and forced it back down...

How sexy is that?
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:27:40 PM

<--------- International (Wo?)man of mystery.

Only Kohai knows my true identity through an intimate conversation we had over a chess game.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:37:43 PM
At 7/19/2011 5:27:40 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Only Kohai knows my true identity through an intimate conversation we had over a chess game.

Was he playing the role of Ivana Humpalot?
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:41:45 PM
At 7/19/2011 5:37:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Was he playing the role of Ivana Humpalot?

Nah, he got a new boyfriend recently.

That jailbait ship has sailed.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:43:46 PM

Yeah, that clears it all up.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:47:05 PM
At 7/19/2011 4:34:49 PM, MarquisX wrote:

^_^.

Call me weird but I honestly don't want to watch.

No, you missed the (representative of the locker room) bit. I'm not supposed to call you weird, I'm supposed to call you a ***. :P
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:51:22 PM
At 7/19/2011 5:47:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

^_^.

No, you missed the (representative of the locker room) bit. I'm not supposed to call you weird, I'm supposed to call you a ***. :P

What if rather than watching, you wanted to participate? Not to much to ask for, after all, my wife and I are married, therefore we are a package deal. Can't have one without the other.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 5:58:40 PM
At 7/19/2011 5:51:22 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

^_^.

What if rather than watching, you wanted to participate?

That much is even better, but rejecting the one because the other isn't on offer...

(Course, the /btard version of the role says that you're a *** if you don't participate, tape it secretly, and watch it later :) )
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 6:15:04 PM
At 7/19/2011 5:58:40 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

^_^.

That much is even better, but rejecting the one because the other isn't on offer...

(Course, the /btard version of the role says that you're a *** if you don't participate, tape it secretly, and watch it later :) )

I'm not taping if I'm participating. Not even I want to stare at my own arse for pleasure.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 6:19:09 PM
At 7/19/2011 6:15:04 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/19/2011 5:58:40 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

^_^.

I'm not taping if I'm participating. Not even I want to stare at my own arse for pleasure.

Then find a better camera angle, jeez.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 6:36:02 PM
At 7/19/2011 5:43:46 PM, innomen wrote:

Yeah, that clears it all up.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 6:41:42 PM
Unless you plan on having kids or something, where having a cohesive family unit would be more beneficial for the child... I find the idea of people getting bent out of shape because their partner has more than one lover to be silly.

I can see you worrying about diseases, but that is about it. Demanding a monopoly on someone's affection is rather asinine if you ask me.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 6:47:55 PM
At 7/19/2011 6:41:42 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Unless you plan on having kids or something, where having a cohesive family unit would be more beneficial for the child... I find the idea of people getting bent out of shape because their partner has more than one lover to be silly.

I can see you worrying about diseases, but that is about it. Demanding a monopoly on someone's affection is rather asinine if you ask me.

I find it odd that you as an anti-Anarchist would embrace this Anarchist position.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 6:58:18 PM
At 7/19/2011 6:47:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I find it odd that you as an anti-Anarchist would embrace this Anarchist position.

One's position on private monogamy agreements has almost nothing to do with one's position on archy in general, or any specific political issue except those of political implementations of religious doctrines.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 7:07:21 PM

Who told you I was an anti-anarchist? I've been an anarchist for years.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2011 7:17:31 PM
At 7/19/2011 6:58:18 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

One's position on private monogamy agreements has almost nothing to do with one's position on archy in general, or any specific political issue except those of political implementations of religious doctrines.

There's no social aspect of politics? You can be economically or socially anarchist.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat