Jump to topic:

Racial Comparisons

Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 9:20:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Topic: I know that many of you misunderstand my views on the different qualities of the human races. I do not think any race superior to another in every way. My personal view is that there is strengths and weaknesses within every human race, throughout the human species. For the purpose of easy reference and so that there is no judgement on name usage. For easy reference, I would like to use colors to represent the major racial categories. This is only a suggestion though, use whatever terminology you desire.

White - aka Caucasian. Includes English, Middle Eastern, Russian, etc.

Yellow - aka Asian or Oriental. Includes Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc.

Brown - aka Hispanic. Includes Native American, Polynesian, Mexican, etc.

Black - aka Negro. Includes African, Aboriginal, etc.

Let's have an intelligent mature discussion about the differences between the human races when they are compared.

Request: Please, lets try not to attack each other throughout this thread whenever possible. This is a very controversial subject, and it people's views can easily offend without meaning to offend anyone personally.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 9:30:18 PM
At 8/10/2011 9:20:14 PM, Tiel wrote:
Topic: I know that many of you misunderstand my views on the different qualities of the human races. I do not think any race superior to another in every way. My personal view is that there is strengths and weaknesses within every human race, throughout the human species. For the purpose of easy reference and so that there is no judgement on name usage. For easy reference, I would like to use colors to represent the major racial categories. This is only a suggestion though, use whatever terminology you desire.

Let's have an intelligent mature discussion about the differences between the human races when they are compared.

Request: Please, lets try not to attack each other throughout this thread whenever possible. This is a very controversial subject, and it people's views can easily offend without meaning to offend anyone personally.

While I agree with you on some issues, although I personally believe the White and/or Aryan race to be superior in a lot of ways, and I do admit that it is flawed in some aspects, I disagree with you in the fact that you claim that Middle Eastern should be included as "White".

Take a look at some Middle Eastern people today, and you will clearly see that they fit the defintion of your "Brown" instead.
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 9:41:57 PM
At 8/10/2011 9:35:14 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Racial differences are only skin-deep.

Do you have any evidence to back that claim up? I know a lot to say the contrary.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 9:44:36 PM
At 8/10/2011 9:30:18 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

While I agree with you on some issues, although I personally believe the White and/or Aryan race to be superior in a lot of ways, and I do admit that it is flawed in some aspects, I disagree with you in the fact that you claim that Middle Eastern should be included as "White".

Take a look at some Middle Eastern people today, and you will clearly see that they fit the defintion of your "Brown" instead.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com...
Whaddup.

Also, do Aborigines really bear much of a relationship to Africans? I was not under that impression.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:27:20 PM
At 8/10/2011 9:44:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Whaddup.

Also, do Aborigines really bear much of a relationship to Africans? I was not under that impression.

Well, there was around 50,000 years of evolution on Australia to account for the differences, though I'm sure you can see the resemblance.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:32:14 PM

Reply: Maybe you are right. No problem though. Do you have any observations that you can post which show racial differences when compared?
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:38:26 PM
At 8/10/2011 9:41:57 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 8/10/2011 9:35:14 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Racial differences are only skin-deep.

Do you have any evidence to back that claim up? I know a lot to say the contrary.

Sure. Tear the skin off of a mongoloid, a negroid, and a caucazoid and then see if you can tell the difference.

There are some statistical trends which tend to be pretty insignificant, but other than that I've never seen anything potent enough to warrant a firm distinction.

There is a Canadian professor who has done quite a bit of work to establish differences between mongoloids, caucazoids, and negroids. He has charts which list all the traits. It is quite... interesting... to say the least. He explains that blacks have larger lips and genitalia and shorter lifespans, because they pretty much f*ck each other like jack-rabbits and live fast, short lives. Mongoloids (asians) have small genitalia and longer life-spans, and are the opposite (they are sexually frugile) and whites are the moderates. He has quite a bit of these categories, with whites being the moderates in pretty much every one. Asians are most intelligent while blacks are least intelligent. Is this the type of thing you believe in?
Rob
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:55:07 PM
At 8/10/2011 10:27:20 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 8/10/2011 9:44:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Whaddup.

Well, there was around 50,000 years of evolution on Australia to account for the differences, though I'm sure you can see the resemblance.

In skin color, yes. Did they arrive straight from Africa, or from India or somewhere else?

It certainly doesn't seem justified to lump them with Africans while separating Oriental Asians from Native Americans
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:58:45 PM
@Tiel: I respect your levelheadedness, but you should know that you have fundamental misconceptions about races. A race is NOTHING MORE than looks. Knowing someone's race will tell you nothing more than how they could look. That's all. Nothing more. Whether or not there is a pattern of behavior in certain races or the majority of certain races do something, does NOT mean that people born to that race have a tendency to do the action. What makes some African Americans (I'm not fond of calling people "white" and "black") behave a certain way is their environment.

Tiel you believe that the African American weakness is "animal-like behavior and crime" but what if an African American grows up in a "non-ghetto neighborhood"? He would of course, contradict all your racial assumptions.

What you don't understand, that you MUST understand is that racial patterns are brought about by environment, and not by the simple fact of being born to the race. By that, you cannot give races strengths and weaknesses because they vary from EVERY member of the race depending on where they grew up.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 11:23:50 PM
There is correlation but not causation. Statistically we see differing general characteristics of races, but these are the result of chance, environment, and basically human history. I don't think there is anything intrinsically different about them.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 6:37:08 AM
It really startles me to see people still think this way. I thought this was the information age.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 11:45:10 AM
Let's see, we know that different races are more susceptible to different diseases.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 11:49:08 AM
At 8/11/2011 11:45:10 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Let's see, we know that different races are more susceptible to different diseases.

apart from being different physiologically
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 12:19:25 PM
@Tiel: I respect your levelheadedness, but you should know that you have fundamental misconceptions about races. A race is NOTHING MORE than looks. Knowing someone's race will tell you nothing more than how they could look. That's all. Nothing more. Whether or not there is a pattern of behavior in certain races or the majority of certain races do something, does NOT mean that people born to that race have a tendency to do the action. What makes some African Americans (I'm not fond of calling people "white" and "black") behave a certain way is their environment.

Tiel you believe that the African American weakness is "animal-like behavior and crime" but what if an African American grows up in a "non-ghetto neighborhood"? He would of course, contradict all your racial assumptions.

What you don't understand, that you MUST understand is that racial patterns are brought about by environment, and not by the simple fact of being born to the race. By that, you cannot give races strengths and weaknesses because they vary from EVERY member of the race depending on where they grew up.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ruelariat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 1:25:56 PM

The only major difference I really see between the human races that can be attributed to skin/body type is how well each of these races survive in their environments. African Americans are said to do better in the heat while Caucasians are said to do better in the cold (that is one of the main comparisions). There are some other races that are said to be adapt moutain climbers/able to do well with high altitudes; this is especially true for the Sherpas who live on Mount Everset but there are other races with these attributes, too. However, some of these conditions can be adapted to over a period of time so there isn't really any reason to say that one race is superior to the other because they are able to survive in some environmental state better than another when that race can adapt to that same environmental state over a period of time.

Anything else (especially that of stereotypes) cannot be completely proven (if at all) to be the fault of race/skin color. This includes intelligence, behavior, success, skill, and many other traits that have the potential to develop in all human beings no matter what race*.

*When I say "all human beings" I feel the need to mention those that are mentally/physically challenged. This has nothing to do with the topic at hand because mental retardation and physical handicaps can occur in any race, but I feel the need to mention it because mentally/physically challenged people may not always have the same potential to be as intelligent or successful as a person with
completely working mental/physical capacity with no deformation or abnormities.
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 1:42:57 PM

There actually is differences that go more than skin deep, such as fast twitch muscle fibers. Some races may be different physiologically as well, but I don't really know enough to be sure. Some may be predisposed to be better in some areas and worse in others, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that there is a superior race,brains wise.

http://www.jonentine.com...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 1:54:25 PM
At 8/11/2011 12:08:39 AM, nonentity wrote:
You don't even know how to classify the races. That's your first problem right there.

The most accurate statement in the entire thread.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 2:05:26 PM

In my opinion, a better way to classify would be:

Black - African
East Asian - China, Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam etc
Hispanic/Latino - Mexican, Central & South American
South Asian - India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh etc
Southwest Asian - Iran, Iraq, Egypt, Saudi Arabian etc
White - European & Russian

Indigenous Races:

Native American
First Nations (Canadian)
Aborigines (Australian)
(....and many more)
That would account for geographic origins of people all over the world.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 2:44:30 PM
Because of so much intense racial conditioning, no person has the capacity make a real clear conclusion on the issue. There is a constant fear that someone might be called racist, so that we are unwilling to even entertain truthful observations, let alone form an unbiased opinion.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 3:20:45 PM
At 8/11/2011 3:17:52 PM, Wnope wrote:
I say we divide humans up the old-fashioned way:

Caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid.

Then what?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 3:21:29 PM

How about we don't divide them up?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:06:57 PM
At 8/11/2011 3:21:29 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

How about we don't divide them up?

I'm with Ore_Ele.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:41:08 PM
At 8/10/2011 10:58:45 PM, 000ike wrote:

Reply: None of what you say is proven and is merely your opinion. I have grown up with Blacks who were not raised in the ghetto and they fit the same characteristics that I see in other blacks. The same goes for all the other races as well, including my own white race. The lines are fuzzy, but there are still lines. When a specific race dominates a living area, or when a specific race relocates into an area dominated by a different race... You can really get a good look at behavior traits and choices being made.

Example: My mother's neighborhood in Illinois was all white when her and my step father bought their house. The area was clean and the house values were high for that location. Seven years later blacks started relocating to the neighborhood. I believe this relocation was due to the low prices of housing in relation to the economy and the real estate market crash. Either way, I personally saw how they changed the surroundings. One year after the those families moved in there were gangs walking around, graffiti all around, loud disrespectful music blasting down the streets while driving, and many more things I could list. My car got broken into 4 times and had the stereo stolen, while staying over at their house over a period of 2 years (when it never got broken into previous). I saw the houses that the black families moved into when white families were living there previous, and the houses were all nice and well kept. Those same houses now look horrible to say the least.

This is only one example of many that I could give, but it's experiences like these that add to my position of racial differences. Especially when you compare houses of one race to another in the same middle class area. In my younger years, me and my friend would go and do this while smoking some weed driving around in the car. You could almost always tell a difference in how well kept the houses/yards were or weren't and/or by the vehicles parked there. This was in the suburb neighborhoods of the general Chicagoland area where races are mixed together. I even noticed huge differences in racial attitudes while I ran my own truck for a high end appliance company. When I almost always got nice attitudes and tips from one race, but the opposite from another...you start to see it. When almost every time I went into one race's houses and seen/smelt cleanliness, but the opposite from another...yous start to see it. I you work with three black guys at a job, get on the subject, and they see and talk about the same observations you have made...you see it.

It seems that most don't want to admit certain things, but their are some different kinds of choices being made on average between the races. This is a subject that me and my many friends of different races talk about over beers quite a lot. The white race makes choices on average that aren't very flattering as well...and my friends of different races have pointed this out to me many times. You think that I am picking on one race but I am not.

I will get into the flaws and strengths of all the races throughout this thread eventually, maybe in this way, we can change the things that we don't like and make a difference for the future.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:46:06 PM
At 8/11/2011 12:08:39 AM, nonentity wrote:
You don't even know how to classify the races. That's your first problem right there.

Reply: If you want to classify them differently go ahead. Please don't start with your attitude again. This forum is not meant to be an attack against any one race, but to bring observed racial differences to the table. If you don't think their are any, then say so and leave it at that. This thread is not for everyone to state "there are no differences!" If that is your stance go find another thread please.

This forum is to talk about the differences that people do observe and experience.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:57:48 PM
At 8/11/2011 1:42:57 PM, seraine wrote:

There actually is differences that go more than skin deep, such as fast twitch muscle fibers. Some races may be different physiologically as well, but I don't really know enough to be sure. Some may be predisposed to be better in some areas and worse in others, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that there is a superior race,brains wise.

http://www.jonentine.com...

Reply: This thread is not to single out a superior race. This thread is to compare observed and experienced racial differences. A semi-solid list of strengths and weaknesses of each race would be a good goal id there is to be one. Not finding a superior race, as no race is superior. The best race in my opinion would be a complete blend of every race. Evolution would theoretically weed out the weaknesses and pass on the strengths, forming one true strong race of human beings.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2011 4:58:04 PM
Statement: Some of the people on here keep saying that the human races are not different, but we definitely are. That's like saying that a jaguar and a lion are not different because they are both cats. We are all humans, but we a re different. I think the reasons for this are cultural, social, economical, and physiological. All life comes from a soul and our souls are are the same in essence. Only our individual free will, choices, and experiences make us different from one another on a spiritual level.