Jump to topic:

What if the south won

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:54:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What do you think things would be like for you the world and America if the confederate states of America won the American civil war.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:58:11 PM
1. Slavery would have gone on for longer

2. More states would simply secede when they were unhappy with the decisions of the federal government

3. The United States of America would never have become a world power after such a loss of land and military.

4. We would be competing economically with the Confederate States of America which may or may not have damaged our economy during the 2nd industrial revolution.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:32:17 PM
There'd be no 14th amendment, and the bill of rights may still even just apply to just the federal government and not states.

You'd have no legal basis for getting rid of segregation, much less slavery. State constitutions would probably take more prominance in that world than they do in this.

Brown v. Board would not have occurred.

Any due process and equal-rights related progress concerning women and minorities would have no constitutional basis.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:55:44 PM
6. The lightbulb would never have been invented.
7. Canada would have conquered the United States with their panzer fleet.
8. Bon Jovi would have never come out with their hit single "Living on a Prayer."
9. Baconnaise is never developed, and as a result, Japan beats us to it. Japan also beats us to the atom bomb.
Rob
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 11:12:17 PM
It would have made the precedant that just about anybody can secede if they want to. I doubt the U.S. would exist today since slowly but surely seperate chunks would become colonized by foreign powers.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 11:26:08 PM
10. Every state would secede from the union, after seeing how easy it is. Counties would start seceding from states in a never-ending chain reaction.
Rob
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 11:36:09 PM
At 8/27/2011 11:12:17 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
It would have made the precedant that just about anybody can secede if they want to. I doubt the U.S. would exist today since slowly but surely seperate chunks would become colonized by foreign powers.

Honest question to quarterexchange (or anybody else): Do conservatives support the South, southern culture, southern policies etc or does being a conservative have anything in common with being a Southerner?
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 11:50:10 PM
If the South had won the Civil War, there would be no United States. We would ALL be the Confederate states. Slavery would have lasted longer, but it still would have ended. We would most likely still have the prestige we have today. The biggest difference would be a stronger state government than federal government. The people would be happier since they'd see instant return from most of their taxes. Odds are, illegal immigration wouldn't be as big of a problem. Our country wouldn't be going down the toilet because we wouldn't have retard presidents spending money on foreign aid. The money would be used by the state that generated it to provide for education funds, job creation, and statewide health care rather than a federal one. Obviously some cash would go to the federal government. This would be spent on military, NASA (and other American science groups), and lowering the 14+ trillion dollar national debt.

Granted, this is my opinion, but this is, without a doubt, what I think our country would be like if the CSA had won.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 12:20:05 AM
At 8/27/2011 11:36:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Honest question to quarterexchange (or anybody else): Do conservatives support the South, southern culture, southern policies etc or does being a conservative have anything in common with being a Southerner?

I like southerners, my father's side of the family was from the South and is very conservative, fiscally and socially, very religious, with nearly all of the men serving in military including several wars, etc, but none of them think the South was justified in the U.S. Civil War.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 8:53:37 AM
At 8/27/2011 11:50:10 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
If the South had won the Civil War, there would be no United States. We would ALL be the Confederate states. Slavery would have lasted longer, but it still would have ended.

So you're saying that blacks would have endured discrimination for a longer period of time, but that would have been worth it. I can make a guess that you aren't black! Blacks have only enjoyed this arguable equality of theirs for several decades, and there is still arguably a subtle discrimination that still exists (which is only natural given the short amount of time since we had such strong cultural disdain for them). Our parents grew up in a time when blacks were forced to relinquish their seats on the bus for good, white folks.

Blacks still have problems. Unemployment, drug arrests, poverty... If black oppression was allowed to go longer, then logically they wouldn't be as far along with civil rights at this point in time. We could speculate all day long as to what that means... Perhaps race riots, intensified ghetto situations, lingering civil rights violations (would they still be forced to the back of the bus?), segregation across the boards (Brown v. BOE anybody?)... Like I said, you obviously aren't black because your insensitivity to these issues is pretty apparent!

We would most likely still have the prestige we have today. The biggest difference would be a stronger state government than federal government. The people would be happier since they'd see instant return from most of their taxes. Odds are, illegal immigration wouldn't be as big of a problem. Our country wouldn't be going down the toilet because we wouldn't have retard presidents spending money on foreign aid. The money would be used by the state that generated it to provide for education funds, job creation, and statewide health care rather than a federal one. Obviously some cash would go to the federal government. This would be spent on military, NASA (and other American science groups), and lowering the 14+ trillion dollar national debt.

Granted, this is my opinion, but this is, without a doubt, what I think our country would be like if the CSA had won.
Rob
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 3:40:28 PM
At 8/28/2011 8:53:37 AM, Lasagna wrote:
At 8/27/2011 11:50:10 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
If the South had won the Civil War, there would be no United States. We would ALL be the Confederate states. Slavery would have lasted longer, but it still would have ended.

So you're saying that blacks would have endured discrimination for a longer period of time, but that would have been worth it. I can make a guess that you aren't black! Blacks have only enjoyed this arguable equality of theirs for several decades, and there is still arguably a subtle discrimination that still exists (which is only natural given the short amount of time since we had such strong cultural disdain for them). Our parents grew up in a time when blacks were forced to relinquish their seats on the bus for good, white folks.

Blacks still have problems. Unemployment, drug arrests, poverty... If black oppression was allowed to go longer, then logically they wouldn't be as far along with civil rights at this point in time. We could speculate all day long as to what that means... Perhaps race riots, intensified ghetto situations, lingering civil rights violations (would they still be forced to the back of the bus?), segregation across the boards (Brown v. BOE anybody?)... Like I said, you obviously aren't black because your insensitivity to these issues is pretty apparent!

They would have probably gone to the UK.

We would most likely still have the prestige we have today. The biggest difference would be a stronger state government than federal government. The people would be happier since they'd see instant return from most of their taxes. Odds are, illegal immigration wouldn't be as big of a problem. Our country wouldn't be going down the toilet because we wouldn't have retard presidents spending money on foreign aid. The money would be used by the state that generated it to provide for education funds, job creation, and statewide health care rather than a federal one. Obviously some cash would go to the federal government. This would be spent on military, NASA (and other American science groups), and lowering the 14+ trillion dollar national debt.

Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 3:49:18 PM
At 8/27/2011 11:36:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Most (if not all) Pro-South people that I've met are very conservative, including myself.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right