Jump to topic:

Mentalism

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:24:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Currently, the system that we have going on is that every individual has to somehow perform some labor that is in demand by other individuals, so that the said individual can make a living.

Now this means that every individual has to use the brain in such a way that they not only find out what's in demand, but then undergo training and development to meet that demand.

This, I label as "mental-ism".

Preivously, we had systems such as feudalism, monarchy, racism, militarism, etc. Now, all these systems also utilize the brain power, but in different ways.

In monarchy, an individual, by birthright or some such arbitrary measure, was set up as the highest authority. All his/her brain power will then be focused towards keeping this system in place, etc. In racism, all the brain power of the higher "race" would be focused towards keeping this sytem in place.

Similarly, in mental-ism, all the brain power of the higher "mental-ists" will be focused towards keeping this sytem in place.

Now, what I wanted to discuss, was how is "mental-ism" better than any other systems that we have had over our history?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:53:52 PM
At 8/30/2011 1:24:27 PM, Indophile wrote:
Currently, the system that we have going on is that every individual has to somehow perform some labor that is in demand by other individuals, so that the said individual can make a living.

Now this means that every individual has to use the brain in such a way that they not only find out what's in demand, but then undergo training and development to meet that demand.

Preivously, we had systems such as feudalism, monarchy, racism, militarism, etc. Now, all these systems also utilize the brain power, but in different ways.

In monarchy, an individual, by birthright or some such arbitrary measure, was set up as the highest authority. All his/her brain power will then be focused towards keeping this system in place, etc. In racism, all the brain power of the higher "race" would be focused towards keeping this sytem in place.

Similarly, in mental-ism, all the brain power of the higher "mental-ists" will be focused towards keeping this sytem in place.

Now, what I wanted to discuss, was how is "mental-ism" better than any other systems that we have had over our history?

I suggest a new term.

"Mentalism" refers to a new-age version of minimal-prop performing magicians.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:07:04 PM
At 8/30/2011 1:53:52 PM, Wnope wrote:

I suggest a new term.

Come to think of it, the term makes even more sense now!
And it will be true.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:25:36 PM
At 8/30/2011 2:07:04 PM, Indophile wrote:

I suggest a new term.

It's a bit like calling your political philosophy "Wizardry."
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:39:50 PM
At 8/30/2011 2:25:36 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 8/30/2011 2:07:04 PM, Indophile wrote:

I suggest a new term.

It's a bit like calling your political philosophy "Wizardry."

Hey, I'm not running for office.
And it will be true.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:50:13 PM

Mentalism is not immoral because aggression is never theoretically employed. No one forces another to sell hats. One simply sells hats to attain a certain end. Racism I don't think is immoral either, racial violence is another point entirely. Monarchism is immoral because it allows a single ruler to forcibly rule over an entire geographical area, usually not put in place voluntarily by the people of that area. Militarism can be immoral or neutral depending on the definition. If it is defined as imperialistic or expantionist policies through force or war, then I'd say it is immoral. If it is merely defined as a volunteer standing army ready to defend a certain area, it's non-moral.

Though, I don't think you can really even compare these things correctly. "Mentalism"(a.k.a. capitalism) is really just a lack of aggression in economics. Militarism is an aggressive type of national policy, racism is a general outlook on other races, and monarchism is a form of government. It's like comparing apples to oranges. Of course militarism is non-moral or immoral depending on it's definition and I still find monarchism immoral while racism and "mentalism" are theoretically not moral or immoral. They can become immoral though depending on other factors such as what one does to attain a profit or if one decides to commit violence against other races.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 2:09:47 PM
At 8/30/2011 2:50:13 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:

Mentalism is not immoral because aggression is never theoretically employed. No one forces another to sell hats. One simply sells hats to attain a certain end. Racism I don't think is immoral either, racial violence is another point entirely. Monarchism is immoral because it allows a single ruler to forcibly rule over an entire geographical area, usually not put in place voluntarily by the people of that area. Militarism can be immoral or neutral depending on the definition. If it is defined as imperialistic or expantionist policies through force or war, then I'd say it is immoral. If it is merely defined as a volunteer standing army ready to defend a certain area, it's non-moral.

Why make the assumption that the monarch is forcibly ruling? Just assume that this is how the system is. A monarch rules, the people are ruled. The monarch makes the decisions, and after him, he picks out another monarch to rule. The ruled people cannot do anything to become the ruler.

Kind of how in racism, one race is decided to be superior and this race rules over the other races. The other races cannot do anything to become one with the ruling race.

In Mentalism, the ones who are able to put their brains to the maximum use, get to "rule" over the others who are not so capable of doing it. The people with lesser brain potential cannot do anything to maximize their brain potential. Yeah, they can gain knowledge, but intelligence cannot be learnt.

What's the difference?
And it will be true.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 3:47:33 PM
Monarchism has generally not been voluntarily upheld. If you meant that it is a voluntary system then I don't see a problem. Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another, not necessarily that one should or will rule over another forcefully. If that is your definition then I would agree that it is immoral. As far as mentalism goes, please elaborate.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 9:35:49 AM
At 8/31/2011 3:47:33 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Monarchism has generally not been voluntarily upheld. If you meant that it is a voluntary system then I don't see a problem. Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another, not necessarily that one should or will rule over another forcefully. If that is your definition then I would agree that it is immoral. As far as mentalism goes, please elaborate.

When I said ruled, what I acutally meant was, being in a better position and being able to get the "lower positioned" people to work for them.

In a monarchy, the monarch basically has everybody else working for them.
In a racism based society, one race has all others working for them
In a mentalism based society, the one with the better noggin has all others working for them.
And it will be true.