Why gamers will never be respected.

Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 12:47:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 3:35:18 AM, Cave_Johnson wrote:
I want to go on this rant but I want to know if people here are actually gamers.

Yes, I'm a big gamer. By the term "gamer" I believe you say electronic gaming, and not like chess or soccer or something of that sort.

In regards to electronic gaming, I play DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online), Call of Duty Black Ops, Halo (1,2,3,ODST, and Reach), LOTR online, Bioshock 1 & 2, Call of Duty World at War, Call of Duty 4, Borderlands. Those are the main games that I play, I also play others of course from time to time.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 12:55:57 PM
At 9/2/2011 12:47:13 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
I want to go on this rant but I want to know if people here are actually gamers.

Yes, I'm a big gamer. By the term "gamer" I believe you say electronic gaming, and not like chess or soccer or something of that sort.

In regards to electronic gaming, I play DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online), Call of Duty Black Ops, Halo (1,2,3,ODST, and Reach), LOTR online, Bioshock 1 & 2, Call of Duty World at War, Call of Duty 4, Borderlands. Those are the main games that I play, I also play others of course from time to time.

If there are black people online do you tell them to stay out of your games?
Rob
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 1:34:32 PM
At 9/2/2011 12:55:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Yea usually. For example, if I am hosting a custom game and if a black person joins or a person with a link minded gamertag such as Vote Obama 2012, then they are removed.

But if its on a server or game mode that isn't regulated by me, then I'm powerless to really do anything at that point. But yes, I usually still tell them to get out.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 1:50:41 PM

In regards to electronic gaming, I play DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online),

Doesn't the extensive racial diversity in Dungeons and Dragons offend you?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 1:51:58 PM
At 9/2/2011 1:34:32 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

Yea usually. For example, if I am hosting a custom game and if a black person joins or a person with a link minded gamertag such as Vote Obama 2012, then they are removed.

But if its on a server or game mode that isn't regulated by me, then I'm powerless to really do anything at that point. But yes, I usually still tell them to get out.

Seriously your racism extends to not being able to game with blacks?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 1:56:21 PM
What races do you play in DDO and LOTRO?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 1:57:27 PM
Also, how do you know a black person joined?

Do you treat half orcs as black people?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:04:33 PM
At 9/2/2011 1:51:58 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 9/2/2011 1:34:32 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

Seriously your racism extends to not being able to game with blacks?

It also extends to not being able to watch movies with a large group of minorities (see profile) or living with them.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:11:37 PM
At 9/2/2011 1:50:41 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Well in Dungeons and Dragons, they define race different than in Anthropological terms. They really extend the term race to mean "different creatures and/or species". For example, there are probably many races of dwarves, halflings, elfs, half-orcs, and there are probably certain sub-races within those races that are superior to the rest.
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:12:20 PM
At 9/2/2011 1:56:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I usually play a halfling but sometimes if I feel like playing a Barbarian, especially for Pathfinder rules, I'll create a half-orc.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:22:49 PM
At 9/2/2011 2:12:20 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 9/2/2011 1:56:21 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I usually play a halfling but sometimes if I feel like playing a Barbarian, especially for Pathfinder rules, I'll create a half-orc.

lol, fail racist

http://www.stormfront.org...

Different game but same idea.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:23:50 PM
At 9/2/2011 2:11:37 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 9/2/2011 1:50:41 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Well in Dungeons and Dragons, they define race different than in Anthropological terms. They really extend the term race to mean "different creatures and/or species". For example, there are probably many races of dwarves, halflings, elfs, half-orcs, and there are probably certain sub-races within those races that are superior to the rest.

I am not an expert on this but I am pretty certain you must be suffering from some form of autism/aspergers etc.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:43:59 PM
I think gamers have brains that work more efficiently than non-gamers' brains, do to the processes involved in gaming.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Cave_Johnson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 7:18:32 PM
I've been playing video games since I was a kid. I'm not that old though. My first system was a Sega Genesis. After that I got a snes. But now its 2011 and I'm still a gamer. And I keep track of what happens in the video game world on websites and forums and I gotta say, I f*ckng hate gamers. I hate the greed of the industry. I hate the rabid players. Douchebags, the lot of you. This is not going to stop me from playing video games but seriously you guys(we?) F*cking suck
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 7:22:47 PM
At 9/2/2011 7:18:32 PM, Cave_Johnson wrote:
I've been playing video games since I was a kid. I'm not that old though. My first system was a Sega Genesis. After that I got a snes. But now its 2011 and I'm still a gamer. And I keep track of what happens in the video game world on websites and forums and I gotta say, I f*ckng hate gamers. I hate the greed of the industry. I hate the rabid players. Douchebags, the lot of you. This is not going to stop me from playing video games but seriously you guys(we?) F*cking suck

Lol, nice, Cave. Nice. Anyway, the people to which you refer are the gamers who shout the loudest, not the majority.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 11:55:32 AM
At 9/2/2011 7:18:32 PM, Cave_Johnson wrote:

I would love to know what behavior you are refering to.

Examples of this greed and rabid gamers you speak of?
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 3:25:48 PM
I've been a gamer and I know many respected people who are also gamers. We live in a generation where doctors and business men used to play atari and nintendo as children. We live in a world that had added gaming to the list of respectable entertainment options. Watching Terminator and playing Modern Warfare 2 are on equal ground of being respected by observers. Guys of the same generation are usually a part of it. Woman of the generation are either part of it or understand it well enough to give it the same respect as any other electronic entertainment.

Games can actually help your brain function better and teach/train you to function in certain situations more effectively. This aspect of electronic games is worthy of respect alone.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 3:46:32 PM
At 9/6/2011 2:17:31 PM, LeafRod wrote:
At 9/6/2011 1:10:14 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I'm a gamer, but very casually.

Why do you quote yourself in your signature?

Because the thing I was quoting would have made no sense out of context.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 5:49:06 PM
What? You put a quote of yourself responding to someone else in your signature. That is lame. If you've truly made a signature worthy comment, someone else will put it in theirs.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 5:56:19 PM
At 9/6/2011 5:49:06 PM, LeafRod wrote:
What? You put a quote of yourself responding to someone else in your signature. That is lame. If you've truly made a signature worthy comment, someone else will put it in theirs.

ok
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 5:59:13 PM
At 9/6/2011 5:56:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/6/2011 5:49:06 PM, LeafRod wrote:

ok

Screw you, you took out one of my quotes to quote someone else?! That should result in a mod kill in the mafia game.

just kidding.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"