Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The cure for poverty

sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 7:57:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was pondering this subject and wondered what virtually all habitually poor people have in common. Then It dawned on me, virtually all the habitually poor people are liberal/progressive, vote Democrat and subscribe to the welfare state. Seems to me that if you are habitually poor you should stop subscribing to the liberal/progressive Democrat ideology and instead try being a conservative Republican and apply those principals in your life.
My guess is you wont be poor anymore. I don't know anyone who is a Conservative Republican that is poor. But everyone who I know that complains about their lot in life or is poor is a liberal/progressive Democrat.

Think about it, what do liberals always say, "Those damn "RICH" Republicans".
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:00:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 7:57:03 PM, sadolite wrote:
I was pondering this subject and wondered what virtually all habitually poor people have in common. Then It dawned on me, virtually all the habitually poor people are liberal/progressive, vote Democrat and subscribe to the welfare state. Seems to me that if you are habitually poor you should stop subscribing to the liberal/progressive Democrat ideology and instead try being a conservative Republican and apply those principals in your life.
My guess is you wont be poor anymore. I don't know anyone who is a Conservative Republican that is poor. But everyone who I know that complains about their lot in life or is poor is a liberal/progressive Democrat.

Think about it, what do liberals always say, "Those damn "RICH" Republicans".

http://en.wikipedia.org...'s_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:02:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Most poor people I know are actually republicans, and hate the democrats.

Actually, I take that back, most poor white people that I know are republicans. Most poor black people I know are democrats.

On the whole, I know more republicans that democrats, and I don't know any wealthy people.

Personally, I think they are both fucktarded.

On that note though, I really hate the republican tendency to mix religion into politics.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:14:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 8:00:28 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/2/2011 7:57:03 PM, sadolite wrote:
I was pondering this subject and wondered what virtually all habitually poor people have in common. Then It dawned on me, virtually all the habitually poor people are liberal/progressive, vote Democrat and subscribe to the welfare state. Seems to me that if you are habitually poor you should stop subscribing to the liberal/progressive Democrat ideology and instead try being a conservative Republican and apply those principals in your life.
My guess is you wont be poor anymore. I don't know anyone who is a Conservative Republican that is poor. But everyone who I know that complains about their lot in life or is poor is a liberal/progressive Democrat.

Think about it, what do liberals always say, "Those damn "RICH" Republicans".

http://en.wikipedia.org...'s_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F

Whats the matter, to lazy to express your own thoughts?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:21:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 8:02:27 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Most poor people I know are actually republicans, and hate the democrats.

Actually, I take that back, most poor white people that I know are republicans. Most poor black people I know are democrats.

On the whole, I know more republicans that democrats, and I don't know any wealthy people.

Personally, I think they are both fucktarded.

On that note though, I really hate the republican tendency to mix religion into politics.

You don't know a single wealthy person? HUH I guess that old adage is true, hang around wealthy people and it will rub off. I know dozens. I ask them what is the hardest thing about becoming rich. They all say the same thing, the first million and then keeping it.

"Fucktarded" sigh
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 8:24:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 8:14:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/2/2011 8:00:28 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/2/2011 7:57:03 PM, sadolite wrote:
I was pondering this subject and wondered what virtually all habitually poor people have in common. Then It dawned on me, virtually all the habitually poor people are liberal/progressive, vote Democrat and subscribe to the welfare state. Seems to me that if you are habitually poor you should stop subscribing to the liberal/progressive Democrat ideology and instead try being a conservative Republican and apply those principals in your life.
My guess is you wont be poor anymore. I don't know anyone who is a Conservative Republican that is poor. But everyone who I know that complains about their lot in life or is poor is a liberal/progressive Democrat.

Think about it, what do liberals always say, "Those damn "RICH" Republicans".

http://en.wikipedia.org...'s_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F

Whats the matter, to lazy to express your own thoughts?

Your evidence is your experience with poor liberals. How serious of a response can you expect?

Try bringing an actual argument to the table, I'll do more than respond with basic facts about the situation such as

http://www.nytimes.com...
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 9:07:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mostly all the poor people I know don't care one way or the other about government. Not enough to claim allegiance at least. I know a fairly equal amount of rich people from opposing political ideologies. Almost every overly religious or greedy person I know is a Republican though.

I mentally label Republicans as either greedy, overly religious, or both. I'm not saying that my label is justified it's just what I naturally do, given my life experiences with the Republicans I have personally met.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 11:18:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.

So if I expend energy and do work for someone they can not charge a profit to somone else?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 11:22:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 8:24:27 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/2/2011 8:14:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/2/2011 8:00:28 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/2/2011 7:57:03 PM, sadolite wrote:
I was pondering this subject and wondered what virtually all habitually poor people have in common. Then It dawned on me, virtually all the habitually poor people are liberal/progressive, vote Democrat and subscribe to the welfare state. Seems to me that if you are habitually poor you should stop subscribing to the liberal/progressive Democrat ideology and instead try being a conservative Republican and apply those principals in your life.
My guess is you wont be poor anymore. I don't know anyone who is a Conservative Republican that is poor. But everyone who I know that complains about their lot in life or is poor is a liberal/progressive Democrat.

Think about it, what do liberals always say, "Those damn "RICH" Republicans".

http://en.wikipedia.org...'s_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F

Whats the matter, to lazy to express your own thoughts?

Your evidence is your experience with poor liberals. How serious of a response can you expect?

Try bringing an actual argument to the table, I'll do more than respond with basic facts about the situation such as

http://www.nytimes.com...

You actually use the NYT as a source for information?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 11:52:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 11:22:31 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/2/2011 8:24:27 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/2/2011 8:14:24 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/2/2011 8:00:28 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 9/2/2011 7:57:03 PM, sadolite wrote:
I was pondering this subject and wondered what virtually all habitually poor people have in common. Then It dawned on me, virtually all the habitually poor people are liberal/progressive, vote Democrat and subscribe to the welfare state. Seems to me that if you are habitually poor you should stop subscribing to the liberal/progressive Democrat ideology and instead try being a conservative Republican and apply those principals in your life.
My guess is you wont be poor anymore. I don't know anyone who is a Conservative Republican that is poor. But everyone who I know that complains about their lot in life or is poor is a liberal/progressive Democrat.

Think about it, what do liberals always say, "Those damn "RICH" Republicans".

http://en.wikipedia.org...'s_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F

Whats the matter, to lazy to express your own thoughts?

Your evidence is your experience with poor liberals. How serious of a response can you expect?

Try bringing an actual argument to the table, I'll do more than respond with basic facts about the situation such as

http://www.nytimes.com...

You actually use the NYT as a source for information?

The Pew Poll. Instead of having you wade through all of it, I used the article which points out the relevant parts.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 3:59:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 11:18:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.

So if I expend energy and do work for someone they can not charge a profit to somone else?

I don't think you understand what profiting at someone's expense means. I wil try to help you understand more clearly. It means gaining a profit through an unequal trade that benefits one party more than the other.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 10:50:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
There is no "cure" for poverty. Poverty is too complex to assign it a one-size-fits-all explanation. Poverty will always exist somewhere, no matter what you do to ameliorate it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Just1Voice
Posts: 155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 2:34:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If we can agree to define poverty as the lack of one or more of the following: food, clothing, or shelter and the lack of means to legally obtain those things without expending greater resources than you have access to (including the opportunity to realize the value of your own work), then yes, poverty can be cured. We certainly have the resources to do so. Our methods would likely be extremely inefficient, and perhaps so much so as to make it seem like too much effort, but it could be done.

But, however we might go about it, adhering to conservative values while making the attempt is only going to lead to a lot of bloodshed. Since one way to "cure" poverty is to eliminate all the competition for said resources, the tribal mentality of conservative society does provide a path to that end. But, I'd hardly call it an attractive path. There are better ways, but they require the ability to look forward instead of back, so conservatives in general can't (or won't) perceive them.

BTW - what liberals do you know who always say "Those damn "RICH" Republicans"? I have never heard anyone say that except for conservatives who imagine liberals saying something that ridiculous because they can't comprehend the real reasons liberals advocate for the policies they do.
LeoL
Posts: 109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2011 9:44:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 7:57:03 PM, sadolite wrote:
I was pondering this subject and wondered what virtually all habitually poor people have in common. Then It dawned on me, virtually all the habitually poor people are liberal/progressive, vote Democrat and subscribe to the welfare state. Seems to me that if you are habitually poor you should stop subscribing to the liberal/progressive Democrat ideology and instead try being a conservative Republican and apply those principals in your life.
My guess is you wont be poor anymore. I don't know anyone who is a Conservative Republican that is poor. But everyone who I know that complains about their lot in life or is poor is a liberal/progressive Democrat.

Think about it, what do liberals always say, "Those damn "RICH" Republicans".

Lol.....this isn't true at all.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? -Douglas Adams
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:13:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 7:57:03 PM, sadolite wrote:
I was pondering this subject and wondered what virtually all habitually poor people have in common. Then It dawned on me, virtually all the habitually poor people are liberal/progressive, vote Democrat and subscribe to the welfare state. Seems to me that if you are habitually poor you should stop subscribing to the liberal/progressive Democrat ideology and instead try being a conservative Republican and apply those principals in your life.
My guess is you wont be poor anymore. I don't know anyone who is a Conservative Republican that is poor. But everyone who I know that complains about their lot in life or is poor is a liberal/progressive Democrat.

Think about it, what do liberals always say, "Those damn "RICH" Republicans".

Of course you could use this same theory in telling them to convert to Judaism.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:10:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/3/2011 3:59:10 AM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/2/2011 11:18:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.

So if I expend energy and do work for someone they can not charge a profit to somone else?

I don't think you understand what profiting at someone's expense means. I wil try to help you understand more clearly. It means gaining a profit through an unequal trade that benefits one party more than the other.

Eh, I get $22 an hr to cut granite, they charge $300 an hour for the saw. Everyone who owns a business exploits it's employees for profit. Economics 101.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:58:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.

No moar capitalism?
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:58:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.

No moar capitalism? :(
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 3:10:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.

Everyone being equally poor is not the same as eliminating poverty.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 9:48:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 7:31:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 3:10:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/3/2011 3:59:10 AM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/2/2011 11:18:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.

So if I expend energy and do work for someone they can not charge a profit to somone else?

I don't think you understand what profiting at someone's expense means. I wil try to help you understand more clearly. It means gaining a profit through an unequal trade that benefits one party more than the other.

Eh, I get $22 an hr to cut granite, they charge $300 an hour for the saw. Everyone who owns a business exploits it's employees for profit. Economics 101.

You've just shown the major flaw in the system. The same flaw that strongly influences the creation of poverty. System Design 101.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 7:55:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The cure for poverty is free market capitalism. Look at all the places it has worked: S. Korea vs. N. Korea, etc.

There are plenty of poor conservatives. the distinction is that they believe in hard work. Among the rich, the liberals are the ones who made a pile of money with relative ease - actors, trial lawyers, investors who hit it big. They think that creating wealth is easy, and that the problem is spreading it around.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 8:18:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/5/2011 7:31:55 PM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/4/2011 3:10:54 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/3/2011 3:59:10 AM, Tiel wrote:
At 9/2/2011 11:18:35 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/2/2011 9:11:05 PM, Tiel wrote:
The cure for poverty: Restricting a person from profiting at the expense of another.

So if I expend energy and do work for someone they can not charge a profit to somone else?

I don't think you understand what profiting at someone's expense means. I wil try to help you understand more clearly. It means gaining a profit through an unequal trade that benefits one party more than the other.

Eh, I get $22 an hr to cut granite, they charge $300 an hour for the saw. Everyone who owns a business exploits it's employees for profit. Economics 101.

You've just shown the major flaw in the system. The same flaw that strongly influences the creation of poverty. System Design 101.

It's not an unequal trade. The only reason that a trade ever occurs is because both sides benefit. Otherwise it wouldn't happen.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.