Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

In-laws donating sperm

Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 3:55:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Apparently this kind of thing goes on, in India at least.

"To carry forward the family lineage, many fathers-in-law donate sperms if their son is infertile. In some instances, the brother-in-law has donated his sperm. While most want it to be a discreet donation to avoid emotional family drama, there are many cases where the families discuss the issue openly."
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2011 4:37:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 3:55:21 PM, Indophile wrote:
Apparently this kind of thing goes on, in India at least.

"To carry forward the family lineage, many fathers-in-law donate sperms if their son is infertile. In some instances, the brother-in-law has donated his sperm. While most want it to be a discreet donation to avoid emotional family drama, there are many cases where the families discuss the issue openly."

Is it a bad thing in your opinion?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:00:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes because India needs to do everything it can to increase birth rates.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:28:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sounds like something to brag about in a bar "Dude, I totally impregnated my son's/brother's wife. And he let me do it too"
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 9:02:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's odd but it is just a logical conclusion of a world with IVF, surrogacy and adoption.

It should be an open fact within the family though, not a secret.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 11:22:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/20/2011 4:37:13 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/20/2011 3:55:21 PM, Indophile wrote:
Apparently this kind of thing goes on, in India at least.

"To carry forward the family lineage, many fathers-in-law donate sperms if their son is infertile. In some instances, the brother-in-law has donated his sperm. While most want it to be a discreet donation to avoid emotional family drama, there are many cases where the families discuss the issue openly."

Is it a bad thing in your opinion?

It's not a bad thing.

I just find the "reasons" for this a bit out of my scope.

First of all, there is this thought that foetuses are nothing but parasites and a woman has the right to abort it at will, as it does lots of things with her body, etc.

Then, there are people who go for surrogacy, which flies totally in the face of the above idea.

Then we have this, where family members donate sperm.

At what point does a baby become the couple's?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 11:30:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 11:22:52 AM, Indophile wrote:
At 9/20/2011 4:37:13 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 9/20/2011 3:55:21 PM, Indophile wrote:
Apparently this kind of thing goes on, in India at least.

"To carry forward the family lineage, many fathers-in-law donate sperms if their son is infertile. In some instances, the brother-in-law has donated his sperm. While most want it to be a discreet donation to avoid emotional family drama, there are many cases where the families discuss the issue openly."

Is it a bad thing in your opinion?

It's not a bad thing.

I just find the "reasons" for this a bit out of my scope.

First of all, there is this thought that foetuses are nothing but parasites and a woman has the right to abort it at will, as it does lots of things with her body, etc.

Then, there are people who go for surrogacy, which flies totally in the face of the above idea.

Then we have this, where family members donate sperm.

At what point does a baby become the couple's?

Thats not an insurmountable question, though it does probably need to be asked and defined.

Sperm donation, or something similar is an ancient practice.

There are some african tribes where anyone of sufficient wealth can purchase a wife, and any children that said wife have are the children of the purchaser, the husband.

Even if it is a woman who has purchased a wife and who turned to a brother physically father the child.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 11:38:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This seems kind of... awkward.

"Guess what, Little Timmy?" Your daddy is actually your brother, and your Grama is your daddy!!"

Someone call Jeff Foxworthy, the banjos are playing in my mind.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 11:38:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 8:00:37 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Yes because India needs to do everything it can to increase birth rates.

LOL this too.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 1:10:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I fancy making a donation, who is up for that?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 1:23:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 1:10:34 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I fancy making a donation, who is up for that?

If we take this thread as a basis, it should be either your sister-in-law, or daughter-in-law! :)

(Nothing personal)
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.