Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Exterminate white people?

DoctorZhiva90
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 8:28:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't know how many of you on here are aware of this incident, which happened around 4 years ago. But it kind of gets to me how he says that we should "exterminate white people" on national TV, and very little to no scrutiny is directed at him. By contrast, when Don Imus says "nappy headed hoes", the media and Al Sharpton act as though he just killed the president and demand an apology. See the double standard?

Anyways, incidents like this pretty much exhibit the flaw with the rise of "reverse racism" as a means of combatting the injustices that blacks long ago faced. Kamau Kambon thinks that around 200 million white people all wish to kill the blacks of today, and therefore need to be exterminated. Obviously, this is grossly overgeneralized, since of this population there are only 5,000 to 8,000 KKK members today, and maybe a small amount more of extremist racists who have murderous intents. But what about the black side of the issue? There's the Black Panther party, and I'm positive that there are blacks out there (such as Kambon) who are vehemently racist against whites.

But is "black racism" really so unjustified? After all, they faced so much injustices at the hands of whites long ago, so shouldn't they get the chance to turn the tables? This dangerous logic is comparable to someone murdering the 4-year-old grandson of an individual who somehow wronged them in the distant past. Similarly, many whites in America today are descended from European immigrants who immigrated after slavery was abolished. None of the whites alive today had any role in plantation slavery. Therefore, why are whites of today, who have no racist intentions or role in racism of the past, facing this "retribution" of sorts through affirmative action? I might be more qualified for a particular job than a black applicant, but yet if the employer decides to comply with "equal opportunity" standards, and he has few black employees, I should be at a disadvantage because of the actions of people 200 years ago whom I am not even related to? Sure, that makes sense.

This is just one example of what modern times calls "reverse racism". The troubling part is that this is even a term. Why not just call it as it is and say its flat-out racism? Or is it not really true racism when directed at whites? See, here's the thing. I think that blacks and whites, along with Hispanics, Asians, and whatever other racial groups we have should all be on an equal footing. And as Chief Justice Roberts once said, "The best way to end discrimination is to end discrimination." Ultimately, these policies of reverse racism are just exacerbating the problem, not solving it. As I said before, sometimes racism breeds from familial prejudices and ignorance, so ultimately it's going to be an extended process to decrease that ignorance. This doesn't mean we try and rush the process by screwing over whites who have no prejudice already.

One final thought: a common argument made by blacks against racism and discrimination is that humans are all one race, and that people shouldn't judge based on skin color. Isn't this what Martin Luther King Jr. espoused? I think it can be legitimately concluded that King and other blacks wish for skin color to become irrelevant in modern society, to the point where it will just be an afterthought. Yet, why do entities like BET, UNCF, and Black History Month exist? If we really want to eliminate racial barriers, wouldn't it make sense for the aforementioned entities to be nonexistent, or have equivalent counterparts for other races? Clearly the latter wouldn't work: can you imagine the outcry if there was every to be a White History Month or a TV station which was designated as having programming catering to whites? It makes logical sense that if we want a color-blind society, double standards need to stop, as they only serve to distance minorities from racial integration.

This is a tricky issue, I'll admit, and I might be going out on a limb by expressing some of my ideas. I know that even if we were to eliminate AA and other reverse discrimination practices, racism would still exist ideologically. But physical institutions exemplifying racism and racial separation don't make the problem any better, do they? Why not make a start by getting rid of entities which encourage racism in any form? Then, why not try and realize that while racist attitudes have definitely been a major limiting factor for the black race, it is not the only thing that is holding them back today. Single-parent families and inner-city gang violence are also major factors. Being a complex issue, improving the racial situation in this country needs to be approached from many different angles, not a one-sided view of trying to make up for past injustices at the expense of whites. When this happens, hopefully we can start to see a gradual rise of more blacks from the crippling effects of poverty and crime, thus disproving the ideas of many white racists that blacks are incapable of amounting to success in society. Entitlement and preference are the wrong approaches to encouraging racial integration; after all, everyone of every race is still a human being, no matter what happened in the distant past. Yes, slavery was wrong. Very wrong. So why not just push it behind us and try to advance as a society past it, rather than trying to milk everything we possibly can out of it and letting the events of many years ago bar societal progress?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 8:34:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

lets not attract ugly arguments. I feel the racists of this site about to hone in on this thread and vomit the most obscene and immoral nonsense this website has seen in a while.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 8:35:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 8:34:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

lets not attract ugly arguments. I feel the racists of this site about to hone in on this thread and vomit the most obscene and immoral nonsense this website has seen in a while.

This is hilarious, Ike, especially when you have encouraged such racists to express their views (and dislike of you) with your posts...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 8:46:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well think about it, it would get rid of racism, just in a very ironic way....
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 8:51:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Nah just the racist leftist who support a ban on DDT which caused the death of 50 million blacks in Africa through malaria. All while, white people got to get all the benefits of DDT.

But hey, at least the birds are f*cking safe, because we all know that birds are more valuable then black people.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 8:58:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lets not perpetuate and magnify the things that divide the human race. The concept of a different human is one that spurs different treatment, for how can we treat equally that which is not the same as us? Race is insignificant. It does not influence behavior, it does not influence intelligence, it does not influence personality. Therefore, there is no need for this establishment of thought in a modern society. There are no white people and there are no black people, or yellow people, or brown people, only people.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:03:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 8:58:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
Lets not perpetuate and magnify the things that divide the human race.

Why do you keep bugging Mengele to defend his views then?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:06:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 8:58:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
Lets not perpetuate and magnify the things that divide the human race.
Ignoring such divisive factors do not equal solving them...
The concept of a different human is one that spurs different treatment, for how can we treat equally that which is not the same as us?
Race is insignificant. It does not influence behavior, it does not influence :intelligence, it does not influence personality.
Therefore, there is no need for this establishment of thought in a modern society. :There are no white people and there are no black people, or yellow people, or :brown people, only people.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DoctorZhiva90
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:06:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Right, because every single one of the 1.5 billion white people in the world are solely responsible for racism. Oh, and it's not like they've done anything to advance society either. People like Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein should have been exterminated from society, because obviously since they are white they were inevitably racist...

What an absolutely pathetic and illogical use of the slippery slope fallacy. What proof do you have for your assumption? Hey, here's an idea: instead of carrying out a genocide, which for obvious reasons is totally morally wrong, why not try and actually target the racism in society? You don't seem to understand that humans are humans. Blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanics, you name it, all have made positive contributions to society. It's not right to single out one group and say that their extermination would be a benefit.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:08:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 9:03:40 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:58:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
Lets not perpetuate and magnify the things that divide the human race.

Why do you keep bugging Mengele to defend his views then?

How is trying to learn why a racist thinks the way he does, to convince him otherwise perpetuating racial division?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:10:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 9:08:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/1/2011 9:03:40 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:58:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
Lets not perpetuate and magnify the things that divide the human race.

Why do you keep bugging Mengele to defend his views then?

How is trying to learn why a racist thinks the way he does, to convince him otherwise perpetuating racial division?

1. Asking others to give reasons for defense of supremacist views =/=
2. Ignoring the divisive factors of man through race
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:12:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 9:06:44 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Right, because every single one of the 1.5 billion white people in the world are solely responsible for racism. Oh, and it's not like they've done anything to advance society either. People like Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein should have been exterminated from society, because obviously since they are white they were inevitably racist...

What an absolutely pathetic and illogical use of the slippery slope fallacy. What proof do you have for your assumption? Hey, here's an idea: instead of carrying out a genocide, which for obvious reasons is totally morally wrong, why not try and actually target the racism in society? You don't seem to understand that humans are humans. Blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanics, you name it, all have made positive contributions to society. It's not right to single out one group and say that their extermination would be a benefit.

He was joking. It's obviously a ridiculous idea to exterminate an entire race of people based off of a few generalizations and Lasagna knows that.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:18:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 8:28:19 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:

I don't know how many of you on here are aware of this incident, which happened around 4 years ago. But it kind of gets to me how he says that we should "exterminate white people" on national TV, and very little to no scrutiny is directed at him. By contrast, when Don Imus says "nappy headed hoes", the media and Al Sharpton act as though he just killed the president and demand an apology. See the double standard?

I understand there is a double standard. However, black racists tend to be a reaction to white (and other race) racism. Other racists tend to be racist simply because they hate black people. So there is a difference in why the racism exists in the first place.

Now, I'm not excusing the behaviour, so don't get me wrong. I don't like racism at all, no matter who it's coming from.


One final thought: a common argument made by blacks against racism and discrimination is that humans are all one race, and that people shouldn't judge based on skin color. Isn't this what Martin Luther King Jr. espoused? I think it can be legitimately concluded that King and other blacks wish for skin color to become irrelevant in modern society, to the point where it will just be an afterthought. Yet, why do entities like BET, UNCF, and Black History Month exist? If we really want to eliminate racial barriers, wouldn't it make sense for the aforementioned entities to be nonexistent, or have equivalent counterparts for other races? Clearly the latter wouldn't work: can you imagine the outcry if there was every to be a White History Month or a TV station which was designated as having programming catering to whites? It makes logical sense that if we want a color-blind society, double standards need to stop, as they only serve to distance minorities from racial integration.


White racists should thank BET. It is more of a hindrance to black people than a help. It not only perpetuates negative stereotypes, but also glorifies the negative image that young kids aspire to, unfortunately.

However, these types of shows arose out of a need because black people are grossly underrepresented on television (and technically, still are, because the representations don't represent most of us). When black people are represented fairly in the media, then there will be no need for "black" movies or "black" TV shows.

You don't need a television channel "designated" for whites because most of them are anyway. There are a million examples but here's one: Friends and Gossip Girl supposedly take place in New York, one of the top 5 multicultural cities in the world. Yet the number of black people (or even non-white people) on both shows is grossly disproportionate to what's really going on in New York.

I'm tired of "tokens" thrown in to appease black people, and I'm tired of being represented as fat, colourful, and sassy--oh and let's not forget, all black girls can sing, right? Ugh, and the stupid accent, no matter where the show is supposed to take place (eg. why is the black girl on Glee the only one who speaks that way?). So yes, grossly underrepresented.

And a google search of a past thread on the "need" for Black History Month would explain that. If you really care, I can dig it up for you and post a link.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:19:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 9:12:37 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/1/2011 9:06:44 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Right, because every single one of the 1.5 billion white people in the world are solely responsible for racism. Oh, and it's not like they've done anything to advance society either. People like Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein should have been exterminated from society, because obviously since they are white they were inevitably racist...

What an absolutely pathetic and illogical use of the slippery slope fallacy. What proof do you have for your assumption? Hey, here's an idea: instead of carrying out a genocide, which for obvious reasons is totally morally wrong, why not try and actually target the racism in society? You don't seem to understand that humans are humans. Blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanics, you name it, all have made positive contributions to society. It's not right to single out one group and say that their extermination would be a benefit.

He was joking. It's obviously a ridiculous idea to exterminate an entire race of people based off of a few generalizations and Lasagna knows that.

It's honestly really hard to tell with lasagna. In one topic he could not understand what was immoral about grafiting the property of others. Also he pretty much wants humanity to live back in the prehistoric age of society.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:23:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 9:06:44 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Right, because every single one of the 1.5 billion white people in the world are solely responsible for racism. Oh, and it's not like they've done anything to advance society either. People like Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein should have been exterminated from society, because obviously since they are white they were inevitably racist...

What an absolutely pathetic and illogical use of the slippery slope fallacy. What proof do you have for your assumption? Hey, here's an idea: instead of carrying out a genocide, which for obvious reasons is totally morally wrong, why not try and actually target the racism in society? You don't seem to understand that humans are humans. Blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanics, you name it, all have made positive contributions to society. It's not right to single out one group and say that their extermination would be a benefit.

Plantation working, land "discovery", robotics and mathematics, and lawn mowing.

Btw, I'm just kidding.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 9:24:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 9:19:37 PM, darkkermit wrote:

It's honestly really hard to tell with lasagna. In one topic he could not understand what was immoral about grafiting the property of others. Also he pretty much wants humanity to live back in the prehistoric age of society.

Slighty off-topic--In one thread he called me racist toward black people because I don't care about drug legalization :/ I couldn't tell if he was joking.
DoctorZhiva90
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:01:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 9:18:24 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:28:19 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:

I don't know how many of you on here are aware of this incident, which happened around 4 years ago. But it kind of gets to me how he says that we should "exterminate white people" on national TV, and very little to no scrutiny is directed at him. By contrast, when Don Imus says "nappy headed hoes", the media and Al Sharpton act as though he just killed the president and demand an apology. See the double standard?

I understand there is a double standard. However, black racists tend to be a reaction to white (and other race) racism. Other racists tend to be racist simply because they hate black people. So there is a difference in why the racism exists in the first place.

Now, I'm not excusing the behaviour, so don't get me wrong. I don't like racism at all, no matter who it's coming from.


One final thought: a common argument made by blacks against racism and discrimination is that humans are all one race, and that people shouldn't judge based on skin color. Isn't this what Martin Luther King Jr. espoused? I think it can be legitimately concluded that King and other blacks wish for skin color to become irrelevant in modern society, to the point where it will just be an afterthought. Yet, why do entities like BET, UNCF, and Black History Month exist? If we really want to eliminate racial barriers, wouldn't it make sense for the aforementioned entities to be nonexistent, or have equivalent counterparts for other races? Clearly the latter wouldn't work: can you imagine the outcry if there was every to be a White History Month or a TV station which was designated as having programming catering to whites? It makes logical sense that if we want a color-blind society, double standards need to stop, as they only serve to distance minorities from racial integration.


White racists should thank BET. It is more of a hindrance to black people than a help. It not only perpetuates negative stereotypes, but also glorifies the negative image that young kids aspire to, unfortunately.

However, these types of shows arose out of a need because black people are grossly underrepresented on television (and technically, still are, because the representations don't represent most of us). When black people are represented fairly in the media, then there will be no need for "black" movies or "black" TV shows.

You don't need a television channel "designated" for whites because most of them are anyway. There are a million examples but here's one: Friends and Gossip Girl supposedly take place in New York, one of the top 5 multicultural cities in the world. Yet the number of black people (or even non-white people) on both shows is grossly disproportionate to what's really going on in New York.

I'm tired of "tokens" thrown in to appease black people, and I'm tired of being represented as fat, colourful, and sassy--oh and let's not forget, all black girls can sing, right? Ugh, and the stupid accent, no matter where the show is supposed to take place (eg. why is the black girl on Glee the only one who speaks that way?). So yes, grossly underrepresented.

And a google search of a past thread on the "need" for Black History Month would explain that. If you really care, I can dig it up for you and post a link.

You do make a lot of good points. When I mentioned BET, I was more on the side of not making the distinction rather than having a WET to counter-balance it. I do agree though, it is one of those other factors I mentioned that is propagating negative black stereotypes and creating a bad example for a lot of young blacks.

Black history month can be justified I suppose, as we should pay more attention to the accomplishments of blacks that have been largely ignored. However, isn't there perhaps a better way of doing this in the course of time?
DoctorZhiva90
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:02:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 8:51:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Nah just the racist leftist who support a ban on DDT which caused the death of 50 million blacks in Africa through malaria. All while, white people got to get all the benefits of DDT.

But hey, at least the birds are f*cking safe, because we all know that birds are more valuable then black people.

Gotta love those libs who claim to be anti-racist (aka anti-white), yet still do sh*t that screws minorities over if it doesn't benefit their social agenda.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:05:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 10:02:42 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:51:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Nah just the racist leftist who support a ban on DDT which caused the death of 50 million blacks in Africa through malaria. All while, white people got to get all the benefits of DDT.

But hey, at least the birds are f*cking safe, because we all know that birds are more valuable then black people.

Gotta love those libs who claim to be anti-racist (aka anti-white), yet still do sh*t that screws minorities over if it doesn't benefit their social agenda.

So, if anti-racist = anti-white, then you're saying that white=racist? What a retarded assumption, I don't even know where to start.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:09:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 10:01:06 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:

Black history month can be justified I suppose, as we should pay more attention to the accomplishments of blacks that have been largely ignored. However, isn't there perhaps a better way of doing this in the course of time?

The idea in the previous thread was that Black History Month is patronizing, and that there wouldn't (shouldn't) be a need for it if black people were represented fairly in history books. But until that happens, it shouldn't be taken away. Most people agreed that it should be replaced with a more balanced curriculum.
DoctorZhiva90
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:26:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 10:05:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/1/2011 10:02:42 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:51:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Nah just the racist leftist who support a ban on DDT which caused the death of 50 million blacks in Africa through malaria. All while, white people got to get all the benefits of DDT.

But hey, at least the birds are f*cking safe, because we all know that birds are more valuable then black people.

Gotta love those libs who claim to be anti-racist (aka anti-white), yet still do sh*t that screws minorities over if it doesn't benefit their social agenda.

So, if anti-racist = anti-white, then you're saying that white=racist? What a retarded assumption, I don't even know where to start.

I should probably have been more clear: I meant that there are some libs out there who support minority rights and claim to be anti-racist, when in reality all they do is decry the abuses by whites on minorities and demand retribution instead of actually trying to help these minorities. So no, anti-racist does not equal anti-white in all cases. Some people who claim to be anti-racist, however, have exhibited views which definitely make them come across as anti-white.
DoctorZhiva90
Posts: 27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:32:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 10:09:36 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 10/1/2011 10:01:06 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:

Black history month can be justified I suppose, as we should pay more attention to the accomplishments of blacks that have been largely ignored. However, isn't there perhaps a better way of doing this in the course of time?

The idea in the previous thread was that Black History Month is patronizing, and that there wouldn't (shouldn't) be a need for it if black people were represented fairly in history books. But until that happens, it shouldn't be taken away. Most people agreed that it should be replaced with a more balanced curriculum.

Makes complete sense, but that isn't going to happen overnight so we may as well keep a Black history month. It does beg to be asked whether we should have a Hispanic or Asian version, as you could possibly argue the same underrepresentation in curriculum. Throughout my time in school, however, I believe there has been some shift towards a more fair representation. I've learned about people like Benjamin Banneker and Frederick Douglass, and they've all been portrayed with having a large impact in AMerican history. I'm willing to bet that they were previously tossed into the dustbin of school curriculum many years ago.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:39:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 10:05:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/1/2011 10:02:42 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:51:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Nah just the racist leftist who support a ban on DDT which caused the death of 50 million blacks in Africa through malaria. All while, white people got to get all the benefits of DDT.

But hey, at least the birds are f*cking safe, because we all know that birds are more valuable then black people.

Gotta love those libs who claim to be anti-racist (aka anti-white), yet still do sh*t that screws minorities over if it doesn't benefit their social agenda.

So, if anti-racist = anti-white, then you're saying that white=racist? What a retarded assumption, I don't even know where to start.

What a stupid logically fallacy I don't even know where to start.

That's like say
5= 2+ 3
Therefore
all non 5's = all numbers non 2 + 3

000ike, I must say you have the exact same characteristics as izbo. You call people idiots without having any idea what kind of sh!t your talking about.

There's nothing wrong with being a brain dead retard, but please don't insult other members that aren't brain dead retards like yourself.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:46:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 10:39:34 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/1/2011 10:05:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/1/2011 10:02:42 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:51:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Nah just the racist leftist who support a ban on DDT which caused the death of 50 million blacks in Africa through malaria. All while, white people got to get all the benefits of DDT.

But hey, at least the birds are f*cking safe, because we all know that birds are more valuable then black people.

Gotta love those libs who claim to be anti-racist (aka anti-white), yet still do sh*t that screws minorities over if it doesn't benefit their social agenda.

So, if anti-racist = anti-white, then you're saying that white=racist? What a retarded assumption, I don't even know where to start.

What a stupid logically fallacy I don't even know where to start.

That's like say
5= 2+ 3
Therefore
all non 5's = all numbers non 2 + 3

I think there is a logical fallacy for what you just did. Lets walk through this step by step, because what you just said was SHEER nonsense.

1. Anti-racist = Anti white

2. Clearly, racist and white are being used synonymously

3. Therefore, white = racist

000ike, I must say you have the exact same characteristics as izbo. You call people idiots without having any idea what kind of sh!t your talking about.

Ad hominem.
There's nothing wrong with being a brain dead retard, but please don't insult other members that aren't brain dead retards like yourself.

Ad hominem.

Really? You weren't even right and you're proclaiming this garbage in such a dignified and validated manner. Exactly who here is behaving like Izbo again?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:49:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 10:46:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/1/2011 10:39:34 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/1/2011 10:05:07 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/1/2011 10:02:42 PM, DoctorZhiva90 wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:51:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/1/2011 8:33:09 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Exterminating white people would solve a lot of our problems...

Nah just the racist leftist who support a ban on DDT which caused the death of 50 million blacks in Africa through malaria. All while, white people got to get all the benefits of DDT.

But hey, at least the birds are f*cking safe, because we all know that birds are more valuable then black people.

Gotta love those libs who claim to be anti-racist (aka anti-white), yet still do sh*t that screws minorities over if it doesn't benefit their social agenda.

So, if anti-racist = anti-white, then you're saying that white=racist? What a retarded assumption, I don't even know where to start.

What a stupid logically fallacy I don't even know where to start.

That's like say
5= 2+ 3
Therefore
all non 5's = all numbers non 2 + 3

I think there is a logical fallacy for what you just did. Lets walk through this step by step, because what you just said was SHEER nonsense.

1. Anti-racist = Anti white

2. Clearly, racist and white are being used synonymously

3. Therefore, white = racist

000ike, I must say you have the exact same characteristics as izbo. You call people idiots without having any idea what kind of sh!t your talking about.

Ad hominem.
There's nothing wrong with being a brain dead retard, but please don't insult other members that aren't brain dead retards like yourself.

Ad hominem.

Really? You weren't even right and you're proclaiming this garbage in such a dignified and validated manner. Exactly who here is behaving like Izbo again?

Who called the others "assumptions" retarded first, ike?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:56:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The reason a ruckus started about Imus is because Imus had a job as a broadcaster and hence was actually likely to be fired for such things.

This dude, he owns an explicitly racist bookstore. He is not liable to be fired at all and he can't be boycotted any worse than the boycotting he's done for himself (also known as "Targeting a niche market.")
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 10:58:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, calling C-span national TV is pushing it. More like NERDtional TV amirite?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 11:01:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Typical. Silent when proved wrong.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2011 11:02:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/1/2011 11:01:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
Typical. Silent when proved wrong.

You haven't responded to what I have written...Please stop gloating and proclaiming your victory so ostensibly, ike...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau