Jump to topic:

Impact of the Mongols on European/Arabs

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:16:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It'd be great if the knowledgeable people in here would discuss this!
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:28:01 PM
At 11/15/2011 1:16:32 PM, Indophile wrote:
It'd be great if the knowledgeable people in here would discuss this!

What a coincidence, i was just reading up on Marco Polo and Kublai Khan. Apparently the Khans were incredibly tolerant of different religions existing in the same community, they actually saw it as a good thing with benefits. It was during this period that the Chinese influence was mingled with the arab culture. Really an interesting mix if you think about it, but it was under the Khans that allowed this to happen. The Khans inforced the peace (sort of), so there wasn't as much opportunity for religious clashes.

What i am reading is poorly written, and has terrible divergences into the personal life of Polo, which i have less interest in, but the history is pretty fascinating. The Chinese provided a great deal of technology and intellect to the west, and to the Arab people.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2011 1:51:26 PM
They were very rebellious and belligerent people. Some say they they were a little less than human and just purely barbaric. Of course, I do not agree with that statement myself. But they were among the strongest and most militant groups of that time and were quite methodical. They were vastly underrated by the insiders, and as a result became a victim of the unknown.