Jump to topic:

Marriage...

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:32:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Speaking of gray areas and gay stuff....
what about marriage between a man and someone who was born male but had a sex change?
What if they appear to both be male?
If I get married to a guy, and then have a sex change, would the marriage be nullified?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:39:17 AM
At 11/22/2011 11:32:24 AM, lovelife wrote:
what about marriage between a man and someone who was born male but had a sex change?
If I get married to a guy, and then have a sex change, would the marriage be nullified?

ammmm.... would the guy disappearing count as nullifying it?
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:44:35 AM

Depends on the laws of the state that you live in. But if the state recognizes you as a different sex and doesn't recognize same sex marriage, that will nullify the marriage.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 11:53:04 AM
At 11/22/2011 11:44:35 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Depends on the laws of the state that you live in. But if the state recognizes you as a different sex and doesn't recognize same sex marriage, that will nullify the marriage.

Wouldn't that be unethical tho?
Just more reason to get all this bs out of the way and make marriage be nothing but renewable temporary contracts ranging from three months to 5 years.
Gah >.<

Which reminds me of something I had set up in my head...
a same sex couple gets married in New York, and then moves to Oklahoma. They do not receive any benefits and then seek a divorce to marry someone of the opposite sex for convenience it is not allowed because the marriage isn't allowed to be recognized. So the couple decides to marry people of the opposite sex too...
if they move out of Oklahoma, say to Washington D.C....would they be "guilty" of polygamy?

To opponents of same sex marriage in favor of "traditional" marriage, which would be worse to accept, same sex marriage in every state, or allowing polygamy?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 1:42:12 PM
At 11/22/2011 11:53:04 AM, lovelife wrote:
At 11/22/2011 11:44:35 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Wouldn't that be unethical tho?
Just more reason to get all this bs out of the way and make marriage be nothing but renewable temporary contracts ranging from three months to 5 years.
Gah >.<

Which reminds me of something I had set up in my head...
a same sex couple gets married in New York, and then moves to Oklahoma. They do not receive any benefits and then seek a divorce to marry someone of the opposite sex for convenience it is not allowed because the marriage isn't allowed to be recognized. So the couple decides to marry people of the opposite sex too...
if they move out of Oklahoma, say to Washington D.C....would they be "guilty" of polygamy?

To opponents of same sex marriage in favor of "traditional" marriage, which would be worse to accept, same sex marriage in every state, or allowing polygamy?

If you moved back, you'd just have to get the second marriage annulled, and I'd almost bet that they would have a process for it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 2:34:46 PM

I think we have established that marriage laws are pretty silly.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2011 6:05:24 PM
Transpeople aren't homosexuals so it isn't "gay marriage" - isn't illegal.

In the United Kingdom your marriage would be the same as if nothing had happened.
'sup DDO -- july 2013