Jump to topic:

gay dudes.

RacH3ll3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2009 10:39:40 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
This is a totally wierd question, but it has come to my attention...

why are [most] gay guys hot??

I know Im not the only one that thinks this...but it is really confusing to me..and it sucks because they aren't into girls, so you know you don't have a chance.

and it's not the idea of two guys together....ew. It's just that they always have hot bodies and whatever. Idk. thoughts?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2009 11:02:27 PM
Being in decent shape makes it easier to take it up the *** without medical problems or messiness.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2009 11:06:59 PM
Could be because they are the guys you can never have, and the 'challenge' turns women on? That is the most common explanation I hear.

I think it is partly that, but also a lot of gay guys know how to stay in shape, and they do it for their lovers or for dates, etc. Women just catch on to that, as they would for any straight guy that dolls themselves up for women. When a guy becomes married though, they let themselves go. Gay guys would probably do the same.

Of course, this is going off the assumption though that the majority of gay guys women are looking at are single, young ones.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 12:06:50 AM
It's because gay guys are often considered "shallow" (sorry to stereotype, but...) and really into their appearance. They tend to work out, take pride in their dress, make sure they are neat and presentable, are sufficiently groomed, etc. This excludes gay "Bears" of course :P
President of DDO
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 8:47:40 AM
Better thread.

This is a totally weird question, but it has come to my attention: Why are [most] lesbians hot?

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this, but it is really confusing to me, and it sucks because they aren't into guys, so you know you don't have a chance.

And it's not the idea of two girls together. (Yum.) It's just that they always have hot bodies and whatever. I don't know. Thoughts?
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 9:27:56 AM
At 5/16/2009 8:47:40 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
Better thread.

This is a totally weird question, but it has come to my attention: Why are [most] lesbians hot?
It's not really the case. Most who advertise themselves as lesbians to you are hot, because they are people who like attention, and hot people like attention. It's also biased because it's forbidden and therefore more noticeable.
Since there are basically no "butch" straight women, and quite a few butch lesbians, I'd estimate that on average, lesbians are uglier. It may be hard to believe this estimate in the presence of this site's very hot lesbian (or bi, or half bi, can't really make up minds) population, but this is a very small sample.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 10:19:00 AM
I agree with Ragnar in the sense that most lesbians are NOT as attractive (as a majority) as straight women, in my opinion. This is because I don't really find "butch" qualities appealing, and a lot of lesbians exhibit masculine qualities or traits. However, the logic that hot lesbians are more forthcoming about their sexuality solely as a means to get attention is BS. It is actually complete and total bullsh1t. Period. It may have been one of the most ignorant things that RR has ever said on this site.

The hot people who do things for attention do them regardless of their sexuality, and with the same intent. There are of course some people who do use their sexuality as a means for attention, but it is not strictly applicable to "hot lesbians."
President of DDO
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 10:24:01 AM
Protip: Downloading iPhone apps, buying retro t-shirts, and tweeting on your twitter on your Macbook Pro doesn't make you a nerd.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 2:41:17 PM
At 5/16/2009 10:19:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I agree with Ragnar in the sense that most lesbians are NOT as attractive (as a majority) as straight women, in my opinion. This is because I don't really find "butch" qualities appealing, and a lot of lesbians exhibit masculine qualities or traits. However, the logic that hot lesbians are more forthcoming about their sexuality solely as a means to get attention is BS. It is actually complete and total bullsh1t. Period. It may have been one of the most ignorant things that RR has ever said on this site.

The hot people who do things for attention do them regardless of their sexuality, and with the same intent.
Woah, talk about your jumping :).
You're extending a point that they like attention to a non-consequence of it being exclusive to them. Yes, hot straight folk oft like attention too. But, they wouldn't get attention by pronouncing themselves straight. And most people you meet, you do not know whether they are straight or otherwise. Therefore, of those lesbians one knows to be lesbians, given that stating one is such is a viable way to get attention, more will be hot people who like attention than the general population of women. :).
FemaleGamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 8:43:08 PM
Gay love is so sweet, just like straight love. I have completely gotten over the ick factor. I would totally do a gay guy. If he wasn't gay. *Crying Indian Tear*
TODAY IS CAPS LOCK DAY. yes
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 8:44:57 PM
At 5/16/2009 8:43:08 PM, FemaleGamer wrote:
Gay love is so sweet, just like straight love. I have completely gotten over the ick factor. I would totally do a gay guy. If he wasn't gay.

Hear that fellas?

Show off your boyfriend and you're aboard! :).
FemaleGamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2009 8:47:43 PM
At 5/16/2009 8:44:57 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 5/16/2009 8:43:08 PM, FemaleGamer wrote:
Gay love is so sweet, just like straight love. I have completely gotten over the ick factor. I would totally do a gay guy. If he wasn't gay.

Hear that fellas?

Show off your boyfriend and you're aboard! :).

I have a neon sign that says "PARK HERE" on 'it'. *wink*
TODAY IS CAPS LOCK DAY. yes
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 1:15:37 AM
Demand.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 2:02:32 AM
At 5/16/2009 11:18:20 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
Why do most active girls (<--- double pun; hah!) on DDO flirt so much?

The real question is: Why not?
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 2:10:29 AM
Re: But, they wouldn't get attention by pronouncing themselves straight. And most people you meet, you do not know whether they are straight or otherwise. Therefore, of those lesbians one knows to be lesbians, given that stating one is such is a viable way to get attention, more will be hot people who like attention than the general population of women. :).

You're not taking into account the fact that there are FAR more lesbians who wish to keep their sexuality private rather than to flaunt it for attention. This is especially true of more feminine females; those who are more 'butch' and deemed "obviously a lesbian" by society's stereotypes are typically more comfortable being open about their sexuality. Now I'm not saying declaring oneself as a lesbian while simultaneously being attractive won't get you at least a little recognition. What I'm saying is that an attractive woman is going to get attention regardless; I know plenty of good looking lesbians who draw attention to themselves in other ways aside from blatantly stating the fact that they like to munch carpet.

Another reason (and this is a big one) that a lot of lesbians are so forthcoming with their sexual identity is that they want to avoid being hit on by men at all costs. Trust me on this. Lesbians usually find it annoying and uncomfortable when men come onto them so strongly. So, by declaring their sexual preference, lesbians make it known that the men have no shot and shouldn't bother trying.

Oh. And it couldn't just be the fact that a girl wasn't exactly spilling her guts about being gay, but rather that she just didn't want to hide it (when asked if she had a boyfriend or something)...? Hmm, no. Clearly every "out" lesbian is just begging for you to notice and judge her.
President of DDO
Pandadeux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 9:52:15 AM
At 5/17/2009 9:49:00 AM, theLwerd wrote:
... I don't get it.

Camp is slang for homosexual in Ireland and Britain.
I-am-a-panda wuz banned :(! So, this is my Exile-Profile

OH YA!PARTY ON MY EXILE-PROFILE
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 10:08:18 AM
At 5/17/2009 2:10:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Re: But, they wouldn't get attention by pronouncing themselves straight. And most people you meet, you do not know whether they are straight or otherwise. Therefore, of those lesbians one knows to be lesbians, given that stating one is such is a viable way to get attention, more will be hot people who like attention than the general population of women. :).

You're not taking into account the fact that there are FAR more lesbians who wish to keep their sexuality private rather than to flaunt it for attention.
Irrelevant, I'm taking it into account perfectly, by noticing those lesbians are the ones Poejoe would not know to be lesbians.

This is especially true of more feminine females; those who are more 'butch' and deemed "obviously a lesbian" by society's stereotypes are typically more comfortable being open about their sexuality.
That might be true in a bar. I was talking to Poejoe hubby of DDO, who likely sees most lesbians online. Something tells me that, given the nature of the internet (see /b if you'd like to see it in simplified form), butches would rather not be out there openly :).

Another reason (and this is a big one) that a lot of lesbians are so forthcoming with their sexual identity is that they want to avoid being hit on by men at all costs. Trust me on this.
Wow, that's-- not the best way to go about it with the kind of men there aren't easier ways to avoid it from. See also, fruit, forbidden.

Oh. And it couldn't just be the fact that a girl wasn't exactly spilling her guts about being gay, but rather that she just didn't want to hide it (when asked if she had a boyfriend or something)...? Hmm, no. Clearly every "out" lesbian is just begging for you to notice and judge her.
The ones you eventually notice are more likely folk who want to be noticed. I did not say there was a preponderance of attention whores among lesbians, I said that of those that there are, they are significantly better at getting attention than straight women (see again, fruit, forbidden).

Besides which, do you have an alternative explanation for the phenomenon Poejoe has observed?
MistahKurtz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 12:15:28 PM
Oh hey, I've been looking for a thread where people make gross generalizations about appearance based on sexual orientation. I forgot that there is no such thing as a butch straight woman, silly me. I personally like to make generalizations in relation to other genetic dispositions, such as sickle cell anemia. Everyone who has sickle cell anemia is a fugly SOB.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2009 12:20:04 PM
At 5/17/2009 12:15:28 PM, MistahKurtz wrote:
Oh hey, I've been looking for a thread where people make gross generalizations about appearance based on sexual orientation. I forgot that there is no such thing as a butch straight woman, silly me.

There are few such things. Thus, "basically no" per the purpose of this discussion.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2009 6:35:01 AM
At 5/17/2009 2:10:29 AM, theLwerd wrote:

You're not taking into account the fact that there are FAR more lesbians who wish to keep their sexuality private rather than to flaunt it for attention. This is especially true of more feminine females; those who are more 'butch' and deemed "obviously a lesbian" by society's stereotypes are typically more comfortable being open about their sexuality. Now I'm not saying declaring oneself as a lesbian while simultaneously being attractive won't get you at least a little recognition. What I'm saying is that an attractive woman is going to get attention regardless; I know plenty of good looking lesbians who draw attention to themselves in other ways aside from blatantly stating the fact that they like to munch carpet.

Another reason (and this is a big one) that a lot of lesbians are so forthcoming with their sexual identity is that they want to avoid being hit on by men at all costs. Trust me on this. Lesbians usually find it annoying and uncomfortable when men come onto them so strongly. So, by declaring their sexual preference, lesbians make it known that the men have no shot and shouldn't bother trying.

You love to imply that there is far more homosexuality than there actually is or even that everyone is a 'little on the queer side'.

The truth is the exact opposite. You, personally, are not 'gay' or any other other name you wanna give it.. there's NO such thing.
You indulge in homosexual behaviour, you choose to subvert the normal, to do what is not natural. I expect that is part of the thrill.. the 'forbideness' of it.. the sin.. the darkness of it.
You have simply swallowed a lie.
And NO ONE can ever be happy living a lie.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (New King James Version)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites,
The Cross.. the Cross.
MistahKurtz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2009 7:10:48 AM
At 5/18/2009 6:35:01 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
You love to imply that there is far more homosexuality than there actually is or even that everyone is a 'little on the queer side'.

The truth is the exact opposite. You, personally, are not 'gay' or any other other name you wanna give it.. there's NO such thing.
You indulge in homosexual behaviour, you choose to subvert the normal, to do what is not natural. I expect that is part of the thrill.. the 'forbideness' of it.. the sin.. the darkness of it.
You have simply swallowed a lie.
And NO ONE can ever be happy living a lie.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (New King James Version)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites,

I think DATCMOTO is a little on the queer side ;)

http://www.skeptictank.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2009 10:49:52 AM
Unnatural, DATCMOTO?

So, animals do not exist in nature?

Cause animals like to :).
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2009 2:15:12 PM
At 5/18/2009 10:49:52 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Unnatural, DATCMOTO?

So, animals do not exist in nature?

Cause animals like to :).

Are you suggesting homosexuality in animals? in the wild?
AND.. Get your facts right before you start shooting your mouth off again ok?
I didn't report you last time (for the 'christian' web site) but I will this time if I think you are just directing me to some other filth just for the 'hell of it'..
I'll report the first and this one.. O.K?
The Cross.. the Cross.
MistahKurtz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2009 4:02:27 PM
At 5/18/2009 2:15:12 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Are you suggesting homosexuality in animals? in the wild?
AND.. Get your facts right before you start shooting your mouth off again ok?
I didn't report you last time (for the 'christian' web site) but I will this time if I think you are just directing me to some other filth just for the 'hell of it'..
I'll report the first and this one.. O.K?

I hate to use wikipedia, but it's a very neat list. If you don't trust it, I suggest you check all the sources;
http://en.wikipedia.org...

P.S. Feel free to report all you wish, but we're not doing anything wrong :)