Total Posts:109|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The ACLU

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 4:58:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The American Civil Liberties Union for clarification.

What do you think of them?

Have they done more to help, or more to harm?

If you had the option, would you disband them?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 5:03:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 4:58:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The American Civil Liberties Union for clarification.
I know
What do you think of them?
liberal propagansits
Have they done more to help, or more to harm?
eh probably harm in my view but a liberal would differ
If you had the option, would you disband them?
no because I belive in free speech and people are entitled to their opinions
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 5:13:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 4:58:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The American Civil Liberties Union for clarification.

What do you think of them?

Have they done more to help, or more to harm?

If you had the option, would you disband them?

They are a liberal organization, therefore they suck!

They suck

They are waging a legal war on Christianity. They have sued christian kids for praying in school, but they don't care if Islamic kids pray during class. They have even sued the military over praying and dozens of school boreds over praying. They are the enemies of freedom of religion and freedom of speech, therefore they have done way more harm then good.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 5:33:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 5:13:23 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 12/30/2011 4:58:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The American Civil Liberties Union for clarification.

What do you think of them?

Have they done more to help, or more to harm?

If you had the option, would you disband them?

They are a liberal organization, therefore they suck!

They suck

They are waging a legal war on Christianity. They have sued christian kids for praying in school, but they don't care if Islamic kids pray during class. They have even sued the military over praying and dozens of school boreds over praying. They are the enemies of freedom of religion and freedom of speech, therefore they have done way more harm then good.

Yup. Pretty much.
I'm personally not religious, but I understand the goodness that organized religion has brought to Western Civilization. After all, the founding fathers FOUNDED AMERICA as a Judeo-Christian nation. Religious values, for the uneducated masses, are almost as important as a central authority.

Also:
http://media.photobucket.com...

Was my avatar for a while.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 5:35:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The majority of United State's citizens are Christian. Why should they have to sacrifice their religion so a bunch of liberal freaks can install Jihad values into everybody?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 9:20:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

That is very interesting. I did not know that "the separation of church and state" aren't in the Constitution. Time to pwzn some liberals!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 9:36:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The US wasn't founded AS specifically a Christian nation. In fact, the founding fathers were, by and large, all deists, with the occasional hint of athesim thrown in there.

I will admit that the ACLU can be extreme, but I AM still a member, as well as a member of Amnesty International. *gasp* I must be a liberal hippy!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 9:39:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 4:58:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The American Civil Liberties Union for clarification.

What do you think of them?
I think that they are an, at times, extreme group. But I believe that they do indeed have a very necessary overall goal.

Have they done more to help, or more to harm?
I'd say more to help.

If you had the option, would you disband them?
No.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 9:41:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

The f*** are you talking about. You CAN pray in a public school. People do it all the time. It's just that a teacher cannot lead prayer.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 9:45:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I like to think of the ACLU as the trash collectors of the first amendment.

They have to take in all of the horrible sh!t that no one wants to defend on any kind of moral ground for the sole reason that it is related to the first amendment.

It's when the trash collectors start trying to proactively mold society that their skill becomes less beneficial.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 10:01:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 9:41:02 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

The f*** are you talking about. You CAN pray in a public school. People do it all the time. It's just that a teacher cannot lead prayer.

Even if that teacher wants to, even if that teacher just mentions God, her beliefs or the fact that she is praying for this or that she will be punished maybe even fired, hounded by the ACLU. Yes that teacher, when in the work place, is forced to act like an Atheist.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 10:04:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 10:01:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 12/30/2011 9:41:02 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

The f*** are you talking about. You CAN pray in a public school. People do it all the time. It's just that a teacher cannot lead prayer.

Even if that teacher wants to, even if that teacher just mentions God, her beliefs or the fact that she is praying for this or that she will be punished maybe even fired, hounded by the ACLU. Yes that teacher, when in the work place, is forced to act like an Atheist.

That's interesting, because at my public school, our handbook says that all faculty members retain the rights given to them by the Constitution. I believe that over you.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 10:06:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 5:13:23 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 12/30/2011 4:58:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The American Civil Liberties Union for clarification.

What do you think of them?

Have they done more to help, or more to harm?

If you had the option, would you disband them?

They are a liberal organization, therefore they suck!

They suck

They are waging a legal war on Christianity. They have sued christian kids for praying in school, but they don't care if Islamic kids pray during class. They have even sued the military over praying and dozens of school boreds over praying. They are the enemies of freedom of religion and freedom of speech, therefore they have done way more harm then good.

What the ACLU is against is organized prayer, prayer that is forced on people who don't want it, prayer that becomes a function of a governmental or public structure, and giving favor to specific religions.......and I'm sure you knew that, but you just wanted to take a false argument and use that as a basis for your prejudice against Muslims.

You, Lordknuckle, and kadams12 (or whatever his username is) are first hand accounts of the highly distortive ideology that unfortunately pervades today's Republican party.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 10:07:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 10:04:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 10:01:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 12/30/2011 9:41:02 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

The f*** are you talking about. You CAN pray in a public school. People do it all the time. It's just that a teacher cannot lead prayer.

Even if that teacher wants to, even if that teacher just mentions God, her beliefs or the fact that she is praying for this or that she will be punished maybe even fired, hounded by the ACLU. Yes that teacher, when in the work place, is forced to act like an Atheist.

That's interesting, because at my public school, our handbook says that all faculty members retain the rights given to them by the Constitution. I believe that over you.

And not only that, but my teachers HAVE mentioned their personal religious beliefs. Oh yes indeed. They have. And where's the ACLU? Oh yeah. Because we aren't as bad as you say.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 11:01:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 10:07:59 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 10:04:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 10:01:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 12/30/2011 9:41:02 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

The f*** are you talking about. You CAN pray in a public school. People do it all the time. It's just that a teacher cannot lead prayer.

Even if that teacher wants to, even if that teacher just mentions God, her beliefs or the fact that she is praying for this or that she will be punished maybe even fired, hounded by the ACLU. Yes that teacher, when in the work place, is forced to act like an Atheist.

That's interesting, because at my public school, our handbook says that all faculty members retain the rights given to them by the Constitution. I believe that over you.

And not only that, but my teachers HAVE mentioned their personal religious beliefs. Oh yes indeed. They have. And where's the ACLU? Oh yeah. Because we aren't as bad as you say.

But they'd come calling if you whined to them.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 11:06:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

yes it does but the thing is they do not understand the interpretation. It means the goverment will not impose laws forcing you to be one religeon. Not you can't make laws based on them, if religeon said all must die and we passed a law and the reason was religeon it would be a valid law
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2011 11:13:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 11:06:56 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

yes it does but the thing is they do not understand the interpretation. It means the goverment will not impose laws forcing you to be one religeon. Not you can't make laws based on them, if religeon said all must die and we passed a law and the reason was religeon it would be a valid law

I understand that.
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 12:05:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 10:06:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/30/2011 5:13:23 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 12/30/2011 4:58:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The American Civil Liberties Union for clarification.

What do you think of them?

Have they done more to help, or more to harm?

If you had the option, would you disband them?

They are a liberal organization, therefore they suck!

They suck

They are waging a legal war on Christianity. They have sued christian kids for praying in school, but they don't care if Islamic kids pray during class. They have even sued the military over praying and dozens of school boreds over praying. They are the enemies of freedom of religion and freedom of speech, therefore they have done way more harm then good.

What the ACLU is against is organized prayer, prayer that is forced on people who don't want it, prayer that becomes a function of a governmental or public structure, and giving favor to specific religions.......and I'm sure you knew that, but you just wanted to take a false argument and use that as a basis for your prejudice against Muslims.
Really i'm makeing stuff up? Sure lol ask the guy who drafted a schools anti-prayer rules. But you will have to go to the jail because he is a terrorist. :P
(http://archive.newsmax.com...)
And They have fought against christian students praying in school for years.
(http://www.charismanews.com...)

You, Lordknuckle, and kadams12 (or whatever his username is) are first hand accounts of the highly distortive ideology that unfortunately pervades today's Republican party.

That coming from a liberal i'll take that as a compliment. :)
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 12:16:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 10:04:22 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 10:01:42 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 12/30/2011 9:41:02 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 12/30/2011 7:53:14 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Liberals and atheists pride themselves on "the separation of church and state", words that never appear in the constitution but were said by a liberal judge, anyways they pride themselves on clinging to this falsely trumped up truism while they support the state religion of Atheism. Atheism is the true state relgion, thats why you can't pray in school, graduate in a church etc etc because the State has married the Church of Atheism.

The f*** are you talking about. You CAN pray in a public school. People do it all the time. It's just that a teacher cannot lead prayer.

Even if that teacher wants to, even if that teacher just mentions God, her beliefs or the fact that she is praying for this or that she will be punished maybe even fired, hounded by the ACLU. Yes that teacher, when in the work place, is forced to act like an Atheist.

That's interesting, because at my public school, our handbook says that all faculty members retain the rights given to them by the Constitution. I believe that over you.

The constitution does not protect schools from media sh!tstorms.

However, it protects teachers who pray AS LONG AS their actions are not influencing the actions of the students (like leading a prayer or saying "let's take a moment to pray for x"). However, it would be permissible to influence students in actions that offer some alternative (that does not lead to discriminating factors) such as "let's take a moment of silence to pray or think good thoughts about x." because the teacher has not used her job as a means of directly influencing students religiously.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:04:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 10:06:22 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 12/30/2011 5:13:23 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
At 12/30/2011 4:58:57 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The American Civil Liberties Union for clarification.

What do you think of them?

Have they done more to help, or more to harm?

If you had the option, would you disband them?

They are a liberal organization, therefore they suck!

They suck

They are waging a legal war on Christianity. They have sued christian kids for praying in school, but they don't care if Islamic kids pray during class. They have even sued the military over praying and dozens of school boreds over praying. They are the enemies of freedom of religion and freedom of speech, therefore they have done way more harm then good.

What the ACLU is against is organized prayer, prayer that is forced on people who don't want it, prayer that becomes a function of a governmental or public structure, and giving favor to specific religions.......and I'm sure you knew that, but you just wanted to take a false argument and use that as a basis for your prejudice against Muslims.
The United States was built on a Juedo-Christian philosophy. It's laws and founding fathers WANTED it to be a religiously philosophical country. It is absurd that we should stop after 200 years because of some crazy muslim Jihadists. Also, the Separation of Church and State IS NOT in the Constitution.
You, Lordknuckle, and kadams12 (or whatever his username is) are first hand accounts of the highly distortive ideology that unfortunately pervades today's Republican party.

You, 000ike are a first hand account of the highly distortive ideology that unforuntately pervades today's Democratic party. See how easy that was?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:21:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/31/2011 10:04:13 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
The United States was built on a Juedo-Christian philosophy.

False.

It's laws and founding fathers WANTED it to be a religiously philosophical country.

Definintely false.

It is absurd that we should stop after 200 years because of some crazy muslim Jihadists.

False.

Also, the Separation of Church and State IS NOT in the Constitution.

Assuming the Constitution should be considered the be-all and end-all of our political identity (despite the fact that it has been radically amended to, I dunno, abolish slavery and other ridiculous provisions of the original document), likewise the Constitution only makes ONE reference to religion which completely demolishes your flawed perspective that the Founding Fathers wanted religion to be an important aspect of our legal tradition. It reads, "No religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." Dassit.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:24:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/30/2011 5:35:03 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The majority of United State's citizens are Christian. Why should they have to sacrifice their religion so a bunch of liberal freaks can install Jihad values into everybody?

You should be embarrassed at your lack of intellectual credibility. I am certainly embarrassed for you.
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:31:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
the founding fathers FOUNDED AMERICA as a Judeo-Christian nation.:

Hmmm... And yet the Founding Fathers stated:

"As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion, – as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen, – and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." -- Treaty of Tripoli (1797)

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." -- 1st Amendment (1791)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:34:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
They are waging a legal war on Christianity. They have sued christian kids for praying in school, but they don't care if Islamic kids pray during class.:

You're being very selective, aren't you?

http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com...

Yeah, now STFU...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:48:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/31/2011 10:21:09 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 12/31/2011 10:04:13 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
The United States was built on a Juedo-Christian philosophy.

False.
The Judeo-Christian philosophy applies to the Ten Commandments and various laws located in the Bible.
It's laws and founding fathers WANTED it to be a religiously philosophical country.

Definintely false.
Ten Commandements....
It is absurd that we should stop after 200 years because of some crazy muslim Jihadists.

False.
True.
Also, the Separation of Church and State IS NOT in the Constitution.

Assuming the Constitution should be considered the be-all and end-all of our political identity (despite the fact that it has been radically amended to, I dunno, abolish slavery and other ridiculous provisions of the original document), likewise the Constitution only makes ONE reference to religion which completely demolishes your flawed perspective that the Founding Fathers wanted religion to be an important aspect of our legal tradition. It reads, "No religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." Dassit.

What you have to realize is that I never stated religion, but instead philosophy. That is what Christianity is. BTW, the Ten Commandments violated your quote.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 10:56:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Even if that teacher wants to, even if that teacher just mentions God, her beliefs or the fact that she is praying for this or that she will be punished maybe even fired, hounded by the ACLU. Yes that teacher, when in the work place, is forced to act like an Atheist.:

Explanation for the ignorant:

1. Public schools are funded by tax revenues, meaning that they are government operated. No form of government in the US can usurp the 1st Amendment which clearly states that no religion will have preferential treatment. Students may pray in school, teachers may pray in school, any staff member for a school cannot, however, lead prayer in school.

2. You really need to look at this from a different perspective. How the f*ck would you feel if a Hindu teacher was leading you in prayer, knowing that you aren't Hindu? You would say it's bullsh*t, and you would invoke the 1st Amendment just as the ACLU did.

3. It's incredibly coercive to lead students at a public, non-religious school, in to prayer. Newsflash: Not everybody is Christian, sorry if that foils your plans for a theocracy, but it's the truth. School exists to learn about secular ideas like *brace yourself* mathematics, language, geography, history, etc.

4. If a school teacher was leading an anti-theist crusade instead of teaching what they're supposed to be teaching, the ACLU would come down on that teacher and the school just as hard. You're being very selective of the cases the ACLU takes on, many of which defend Christians.

5. The ACLU exists to protect, as the name states, civil liberties. Whatever their political affiliations happen to be is irrelevant to this fact, and their record proves that their interests are only what the Constitution says.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2011 11:01:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Judeo-Christian philosophy applies to the Ten Commandments and various laws located in the Bible.:

Right, which explains why we have laws on the books for stoning disobedient children to death, and why we have laws honoring YHWH above all other gods, even though the 1st Amendment is crystal clear.

What alternate universe do you live in?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)