This is sad yet not surprising

Im_always_right
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 3:47:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.azcentral.com...

Leave it to this homophobic nation to take a gay pride song, strip it from all gay references and then repackage it and say that now it's kid friendly....
I mean really, if they didn't want kids singing stuff about being gay, don't put that song on there, but censoring the anthem is a clear sign of homophobia and its unacceptable.

Thoughts?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 8:05:19 AM
At 1/10/2012 3:47:13 AM, Im_always_right wrote:

Leave it to this homophobic nation to take a gay pride song, strip it from all gay references and then repackage it and say that now it's kid friendly....
I mean really, if they didn't want kids singing stuff about being gay, don't put that song on there, but censoring the anthem is a clear sign of homophobia and its unacceptable.

Thoughts?

Good.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 8:14:38 AM
At 1/10/2012 8:05:19 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

Thoughts?

Good.

Lol.

In other words, so all the kids except those that are gay can feel as though nothing's wrong with them?

Gotchaself some closet issues?

I kid, I kid. :P
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 8:42:05 AM
At 1/10/2012 8:14:38 AM, Ren wrote:

Thoughts?

Good.

Lol.

In other words, so all the kids except those that are gay can feel as though nothing's wrong with them?

Well, they do that with Christian stuff. So, yeah I'm ok with it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:05:05 AM
At 1/10/2012 8:42:05 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Thoughts?

Good.

Lol.

Elaborate.

They include Christian songs and remove all mentions of "God," "Jesus," and other religious terms?

So, in other words, they call themselves including the tracks, then just include instrumental versions?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:15:02 AM
At 1/10/2012 9:05:05 AM, Ren wrote:

Thoughts?

Good.

Lol.

Elaborate.

They include Christian songs and remove all mentions of "God," "Jesus," and other religious terms?

So, in other words, they call themselves including the tracks, then just include instrumental versions?

No, but they like to remove all vague Christian references from every possible place were it might offend someone, supposedly.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:18:50 AM
At 1/10/2012 9:15:02 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Thoughts?

Good.

Lol.

Elaborate.

No, but they like to remove all vague Christian references from every possible place were it might offend someone, supposedly.

Like what?

How could something vague be likely to offend someone?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 9:52:05 AM
At 1/10/2012 9:41:33 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Gaga should take a stand on this one.

Das ist inakzeptabel!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 12:40:54 PM

Well she or at least her record company released the rights to the song anyways. They're a private corporation, so they have a right to do what they want. The song is marketed for kids. Parents don't like to tell their children abut sex until they reach a certain age. I think homosexuality would fall under "advance studies of sexualities". They don't need to know about homosexuality once they're children.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 1:05:17 PM
At 1/10/2012 12:40:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Well she or at least her record company released the rights to the song anyways. They're a private corporation, so they have a right to do what they want. The song is marketed for kids. Parents don't like to tell their children abut sex until they reach a certain age. I think homosexuality would fall under "advance studies of sexualities". They don't need to know about homosexuality once they're children.

Well yes, from a legal standpoint Gaga does not have a case and the company, as a profit seeking corporation, should generally strive to maximize profit. I'm saying on a deeper level it's sad that this company needs to market to parents who are uncomfortable with the idea that their children might be learning that sexual orientations other that heterosexuality exist. This entire stigma around sexualities outside of heterosexuality is so deep rooted in our culture and I hate to see it be reinforced. Gaga wrote this song with a specific intent, the editors have reduced it to a completely banal message.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 1:08:07 PM
At 1/10/2012 9:52:05 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

Das ist inakzeptabel!

Says the totalitarian. :)
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2012 1:57:38 PM
At 1/10/2012 9:15:02 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Thoughts?

Good.

Lol.

Elaborate.

... because the Christians get offended. For example, Haley Williams getting attacked for saying "God, it feels so good" in Misery Business.

Or maybe you mean the time they removed "Pray to a God that I don't believe in" from Breakeven by the Script - because Christians complained due to it's "explicit atheism". I guess the idea that this popular song would warp teenagers into mindless heathens - although it's normally the religion ITSELF that does that. :P
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2012 3:06:15 AM
At 1/10/2012 1:05:17 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 1/10/2012 12:40:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Well yes, from a legal standpoint Gaga does not have a case and the company, as a profit seeking corporation, should generally strive to maximize profit. I'm saying on a deeper level it's sad that this company needs to market to parents who are uncomfortable with the idea that their children might be learning that sexual orientations other that heterosexuality exist. This entire stigma around sexualities outside of heterosexuality is so deep rooted in our culture and I hate to see it be reinforced. Gaga wrote this song with a specific intent, the editors have reduced it to a completely banal message.

Agreed 100%
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2012 4:43:24 PM
I think, at it's base, this is an example of a company attempting to be free of controversy. If they left gay in there, all the crazy anti-gay people will be up in arms about how they're "taking a stance." Since all the anti-gay people are the ones who call themselves "pro-family," Kidz Bop certainly doesn't want to be accused of being anti-family(as if any person is?!). They're not ok with saying the word "gay", but they're perfectly content to have gay artists on their albums.

Perhaps the more pragmatic thing to do would have been to leave Gaga's song out of the mix in the first place. Because now they have us telling them that they are homophobic- and they are doing something homophobic. Sending the message that any mention of gay people is inappropriate for children is absolutely absurd. Being gay isn't about sex. It's about being attracted to people of the same sex. If we know that being gay is not something one chooses, why on Earth would we deny the existence of gay people by editing out mentions of them in a song for children? Some children are gay. Some children were raised by gay parents. Some children have gay friends or family members. There is no real reason for children to be shielded from the existence of gay people- just unreasonable people's silly hang-ups about how gay people have sex. Last time I checked, no other group of people is so persecuted for what they presumably do in the bedroom.

Just to briefly outline the utter hypocrisy and stupidity of Kidz Bop here-
Among Kidz Bop songs, in general, the list contains:
Salt N Pepa's "push it"- a song that is EXTREMELY aggressive and sexy in it's description of, basically, grind dancing.
Wham's "wake me up before you go-go"- an upbeat love song written by gay people. (Oh no! gay love!)
Carrie Underwood- "Jesus take the wheel"
Train- "Calling all angels"
and a song listed as "traditional" called "In the name of the lord" on the kidz bop mother goose album.

So, they've got songs referencing christianity and sex explicitly, at least one song written by gay people(I'm sure there are many more)- and yet they cut the words referencing gay people out of a song.

In short, I'm confused.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 3:58:06 AM
Hey I don;t like homosexuality and I think it is wrong morally. Not only that but I think Lady Gaga is a terrible role model for children to listen to. However changing the lyrics seems a little overzealous. Any anti-homosexuality household would not buy this CD anyway so it seems like a waste of time. Also, and this is the great thing about America, if don't like it, don't buy it.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.