How do you Feel about Black People?

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 3:43:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Feel?"

They're people with different skin colors.

Sometimes they come from different cultures than me. Sometimes they are geographically clustered. A lot of the time they have shared cultural experiences I am not in the position to comprehend.

Why should I feel differently about black people?
jimtimmy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 3:48:54 PM
Ren, get your disgusting white supremacist, racist rants off this website.

As you and your friends have said, even mentioning that different races exist is racist.

Your ignorance is disgusting.

See, how I just used science to disprove all of your racist points?
President of DDO
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:01:07 PM
At 1/16/2012 3:48:54 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

As you and your friends have said, even mentioning that different races exist is racist.

Lol, Ren you're such a racist.

Obviously we all feel that they're exactly like us. Perfect in every way :)
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:04:42 PM
At 1/16/2012 3:19:22 PM, Ren wrote:
How do you feel about Black people:

Personally?
I like them, they can be classy and funny and are very loyal, more than a good majority of my other friends. Also they trust me more than my other friends trust me

Socially?
Funny, interesting, sometimes crazy (in a good way)

Politically?
Ive heard many of them vote Democratic, I respect their choices (im independent)

Economically?
?

Internationally?
???????

Generally?
See personally....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:13:40 PM
I feel the same way about them as i do everyone else. Some I love. Some i don't care about. Some i dislike.

I went to a predominantely black school from elementary to high school (science and tech program.) It was different than a typical school, i guess. It was more socially challenging than a predominantely white school because I stuck out and didn't fade in with everyone around me. But in the long run, I think i turned out better off because of it. It taught me how to find strength in my differences; which is an attribute that a lot of minorities have.

I find it kind of funny how young kids today think it's cool to act "black" ie. act how the media portrays black people to act. on the surface it can give us hope for more acceptance among our future generations, but there is an underlying stigma instilled by the media that is lacking of substance and promotes cultural daftness and and overall skewed perception about the black community
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:20:59 PM
Ask how I feel about individuals not how I feel about whole races. Any claim I make answering your question would be an appeal to generalizations and stereotypes and depending on how positive they are, racism...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:28:07 PM

Personally?

Depends upon the individual blacks in question.

Socially?

Depends upon the individual blacks in question.

Politically?

Mostly Dem's but generally speaking, I don't care.

Economically?

Down south their purchasing power has been on the rise and I see them starting more small businesses.

Internationally?

Depends upon the nations in question and which nations you are comparing them to. They have staged the greatest revolution in history [see Haiti].

Generally?

Depends on the black person in question.

Discuss.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:29:58 PM
I make a comment about Jewish grandmothers and I'm raked over the coals for generalizing, and you have a thread like this? Kripes, even I wouldn't generalize like this, I mean how many black people do I need to know to have a sampling that allows a legitimate generalization (if there is such a thing)? I think I know more Jewish Grandmothers than black people to be honest.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:37:06 PM
At 1/16/2012 4:35:54 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
I believe that the politically correct way of saying that is "African American" people, not "black" people.

you've gotta be kidding me!!!

What if your black but have no connection to Africa? I'd be offended.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:37:23 PM
And how do you feel about people whose name begins with the letter 'R'? There is nothing to be generalized about the category with respect to feelings.
Joseph_Mengele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:38:23 PM

Personally?
I hate every single one of them.

Socially?
Black men I have noticed cause a lot more social problems then black women. For example, David Duke showed an interesting video where black on white rape is about 200% higher than white on black rape.

Politically?
Well we have our first black President...and I think most of us can agree (At least conservatives and libertarians) that he has done a very poor job. Altough I admit most conservatives and libertarians don't take his race into consideration whenever examining his achievements.

Economically?
Blacks were very good farm equipment back in the day and they yielded very good results for picking cotton. I would say blacks are very important economically, but not in modern day society...

Internationally?
A lot of blacks are in Africa, and we can see just how primitive they act with the constant genocides and wars raging there.

Generally?
See above. But generally, I very much dislike and/or hate blacks. There are some exceptions however, such as James Earl Jones for his unique voice that we all remember belonging to Darth Vader in the Star Wars trilogy. Other than that...I can't really name too many.

Discuss.
Hardcore.Pwnography
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:40:01 PM
At 1/16/2012 4:37:06 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I believe that the politically correct way of saying that is "African American" people, not "black" people.

Every "black" person has a connection to Africa.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:42:53 PM
At 1/16/2012 4:40:01 PM, Hardcore.Pwnography wrote:
At 1/16/2012 4:37:06 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Every "black" person has a connection to Africa.

Wrong. Maybe distant distantly.

What if your Brazilian-American?
Jamaican?
Haitian?

Sure they're all "connected" to Africa but really? You're Haitian American not African American.

Too general. They're simply black. Big whoop. I'm white? So what?

Actually I demand to be called European American... if you don't you're racist.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 4:46:24 PM
At 1/16/2012 4:38:23 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:

Personally?

Socially?
Black men I have noticed cause a lot more social problems then black women. For example, David Duke showed an interesting video where black on white rape is about 200% higher than white on black rape.

Politically?
Well we have our first black President...and I think most of us can agree (At least conservatives and libertarians) that he has done a very poor job. Altough I admit most conservatives and libertarians don't take his race into consideration whenever examining his achievements.

Economically?
Blacks were very good farm equipment back in the day and they yielded very good results for picking cotton. I would say blacks are very important economically, but not in modern day society...

Internationally?
A lot of blacks are in Africa, and we can see just how primitive they act with the constant genocides and wars raging there.

Generally?
See above. But generally, I very much dislike and/or hate blacks. There are some exceptions however, such as James Earl Jones for his unique voice that we all remember belonging to Darth Vader in the Star Wars trilogy. Other than that...I can't really name too many.

Discuss.

Speak of the devil or something the devil wants to answer, and he shall appear!
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:12:47 PM
At 1/16/2012 4:13:40 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I feel the same way about them as i do everyone else. Some I love. Some i don't care about. Some i dislike.:

Isn't that how it is for almost everyone?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:31:15 PM
Personally?
I hate every single one of them.:

Where the f*ck do you live? Serious question.

Socially?
Black men I have noticed cause a lot more social problems then black women. For example, David Duke showed an interesting video where black on white rape is about 200% higher than white on black rape.:

Useless statistic. You might as well demonize all men because they overwhelmingly commit more rapes than women. Men rape more often than women, therefore all men are bad. That's your logic right there.

Economically?
Blacks were very good farm equipment back in the day and they yielded very good results for picking cotton. I would say blacks are very important economically, but not in modern day society.:

Yeah, f*ck the cotton gin. No point in mentioning that when the real goal is to denigrate a subset of humans.

Internationally?
A lot of blacks are in Africa, and we can see just how primitive they act with the constant genocides and wars raging there.:

Yet, you conveniently make no mention of Nazi Germany or the USSR which has slaughtered infinitely more people. Lol, you're a piece of infectious sh*t.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:44:45 PM
Wow........can you say, hypocrite?

Why should we feel any different about them than anyone else? Why?

Whats the point of this thread?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:45:12 PM

Personally?

Socially?

Politically?

Economically?

Internationally?

Generally?

Discuss.

*Hands troll of the year award*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:50:37 PM

Personally?

Socially?

Politically?

Economically?

Internationally?

Generally?

Discuss.

YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:50:47 PM
At 1/16/2012 3:43:01 PM, Wnope wrote:
"Feel?"

They're people with different skin colors.

Sometimes they come from different cultures than me. Sometimes they are geographically clustered. A lot of the time they have shared cultural experiences I am not in the position to comprehend.

Why should I feel differently about black people?

I'm not sure--why should you?

But, that's not the point. "Black people" is a clear and present concept, and that concept means something to you. I would like to know what it is.

If, to you, "Black people" literally means, "a group of dark-skinned people with geographically-based and/or cultural similarities that society ascribed further meaning to," then that's perfectly fine.

But, let's be upfront with the fact that "Black people" is an actual concept, and it's not simply, "the darker-skinned members of this society of certain cultural designations and influences."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:51:53 PM
At 1/16/2012 3:48:54 PM, jimtimmy wrote:

So, are you suggesting that I made up the phrase "Black people" up to describe an otherwise indistinguishable group of people in American/global society?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:52:18 PM
At 1/16/2012 4:01:07 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Lol, Ren you're such a racist.

Obviously we all feel that they're exactly like us. Perfect in every way :)

Who are "us?"
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:54:43 PM
At 1/16/2012 4:04:42 PM, imabench wrote:

Personally?
I like them, they can be classy and funny and are very loyal, more than a good majority of my other friends. Also they trust me more than my other friends trust me

Is that right? That's an interesting social dynamic that seems almost arbitrary... is there a specific reason why you relate to "Black people" that way?

Socially?
Funny, interesting, sometimes crazy (in a good way)

I take it the majority of the "Black people" you've encountered have similar personalities?

Politically?
Ive heard many of them vote Democratic, I respect their choices (im independent)

Why would they "vote Democratic," and how do you think this differs from your political reasonings?

Economically?
?

?

Every single person in this country contributes to its economy.

Internationally?
???????

African Americans are not the only Black folk out there.

Generally?
See personally....
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2012 5:57:48 PM
At 1/16/2012 4:13:40 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I feel the same way about them as i do everyone else. Some I love. Some i don't care about. Some i dislike.

I went to a predominantely black school from elementary to high school (science and tech program.) It was different than a typical school, i guess.

How could you feel exactly the same about "them," when your experience with them is strikingly "different" from (an unknown compared situation)?

It was more socially challenging than a predominantely white school

Is this in retrospect (as in, you realized this after attending a predominantly white school after the fact)?

because I stuck out and didn't fade in with everyone around me.

Why not?

But in the long run, I think i turned out better off because of it. It taught me how to find strength in my differences; which is an attribute that a lot of minorities have.

I find it kind of funny how young kids today think it's cool to act "black" ie. act how the media portrays black people to act. on the surface it can give us hope for more acceptance among our future generations, but there is an underlying stigma instilled by the media that is lacking of substance and promotes cultural daftness and and overall skewed perception about the black community

How do Black people act in comparison with the media representation of Black people?