Total Posts:104|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The "N" Word *

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 9:16:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
How many of you know someone who uses the "N" word when talking about minorities or people of color. I think it is safe to say that there are some idiots here who think that this is cute. Not that it really matters to me because I have a thick skin. But anyway, some people can get pretty offended when you use words like that. It only shows your ignorance and your lack of respect for others here on this forum. I am asking that you please reconsider using the N word in your spare time or on any social online forum from this day forward. If not, then it only means that you are an individual who hates themselves by trying to belittle others with a racist and derrogatory term. Do you have any class at all ? Probably not.
Anyway, who do you know uses this word around you.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 10:14:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Saying the "N word" is more offensive to me than just saying n*igger.

Saying the "F word" is more offensive to me than just saying f*ck.

But you, Inferno, are the most offensive of them all.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 10:16:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 10:14:34 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Saying the "N word" is more offensive to me than just saying n*igger.

Saying the "F word" is more offensive to me than just saying f*ck.

But you, Inferno, are the most offensive of them all.

So youre still sucking my ballz.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 3:59:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 9:16:23 AM, inferno wrote:
How many of you know someone who uses the "N" word when talking about minorities or people of color. I think it is safe to say that there are some idiots here who think that this is cute. Not that it really matters to me because I have a thick skin. But anyway, some people can get pretty offended when you use words like that. It only shows your ignorance and your lack of respect for others here on this forum. I am asking that you please reconsider using the N word in your spare time or on any social online forum from this day forward. If not, then it only means that you are an individual who hates themselves by trying to belittle others with a racist and derrogatory term. Do you have any class at all ? Probably not.
Anyway, who do you know uses this word around you.

There is no way you are thirty two.. lol
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 4:00:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 3:59:24 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 1/31/2012 9:16:23 AM, inferno wrote:
How many of you know someone who uses the "N" word when talking about minorities or people of color. I think it is safe to say that there are some idiots here who think that this is cute. Not that it really matters to me because I have a thick skin. But anyway, some people can get pretty offended when you use words like that. It only shows your ignorance and your lack of respect for others here on this forum. I am asking that you please reconsider using the N word in your spare time or on any social online forum from this day forward. If not, then it only means that you are an individual who hates themselves by trying to belittle others with a racist and derrogatory term. Do you have any class at all ? Probably not.
Anyway, who do you know uses this word around you.

There is no way you are thirty two.. lol

Is that all you can say. I have seen much worse, and you just proved my point.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 4:50:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So youre still sucking my ballz.:

Is that what that awful taste is? A shower every once in awhile wouldn't kill you.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 5:07:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 4:50:24 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So youre still sucking my ballz.:

Is that what that awful taste is? A shower every once in awhile wouldn't kill you.

Youre gay arent you.
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 7:38:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dude. Just say nigga. Or nigger. As a black man, I'm tired of letting this word have so much power over us. If you want my thoughts on the word watch the attached video https://www.youtube.com...
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2012 7:49:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 5:07:23 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/31/2012 4:50:24 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So youre still sucking my ballz.:

Is that what that awful taste is? A shower every once in awhile wouldn't kill you.

Youre gay arent you.

How old are you? You still think calling someone gay is an insult?
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 8:21:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 9:16:23 AM, inferno wrote:
How many of you know someone who uses the "N" word when talking about minorities or people of color. I think it is safe to say that there are some idiots here who think that this is cute. Not that it really matters to me because I have a thick skin. But anyway, some people can get pretty offended when you use words like that. It only shows your ignorance and your lack of respect for others here on this forum. I am asking that you please reconsider using the N word in your spare time or on any social online forum from this day forward. If not, then it only means that you are an individual who hates themselves by trying to belittle others with a racist and derrogatory term. Do you have any class at all ? Probably not.
Anyway, who do you know uses this word around you.

I feel for you man. But making posts like this is kinda counterproductive.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 8:22:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 5:07:23 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/31/2012 4:50:24 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So youre still sucking my ballz.:

Is that what that awful taste is? A shower every once in awhile wouldn't kill you.

Youre gay arent you.

Is that meant as an insult?
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 8:56:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 8:21:08 PM, rogue wrote:
At 1/31/2012 9:16:23 AM, inferno wrote:
How many of you know someone who uses the "N" word when talking about minorities or people of color. I think it is safe to say that there are some idiots here who think that this is cute. Not that it really matters to me because I have a thick skin. But anyway, some people can get pretty offended when you use words like that. It only shows your ignorance and your lack of respect for others here on this forum. I am asking that you please reconsider using the N word in your spare time or on any social online forum from this day forward. If not, then it only means that you are an individual who hates themselves by trying to belittle others with a racist and derrogatory term. Do you have any class at all ? Probably not.
Anyway, who do you know uses this word around you.

I feel for you man. But making posts like this is kinda counterproductive.

No this was not meant to be productive. Its just a thread. Next.
Nougatrocity
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 5:33:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/4/2012 10:59:50 PM, nonentity wrote:
I apologize in advance for reviving this thread but this guy is too LOL
Louis CK is pretty much the best.

At 1/31/2012 5:07:23 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/31/2012 4:50:24 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So youre still sucking my ballz.:

Is that what that awful taste is? A shower every once in awhile wouldn't kill you.

Youre gay arent you.
Do you realize using that word as an insult is the same to gays as saying "the 'N' word" is to blacks?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 9:10:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't understand people who give nigger so much unnecessary power. I don't think it's exactly proper to use it to hurt other people, but I think it's the very fact that well meaning people give nigger so much power as a stressor that it has any power at all. I've been called a faggot enough times to realize that words by themselves merely refer to concepts and have no external power save reference to those concepts. If someone calls me a faggot, I realize they're either too stupid to realize that I don't think reference to my sexual orientation is insulting or they just don't know how to properly react to something different from their illusion of normativity. Point is, nigger isn't a bad word unless we allow it to become so.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Nougatrocity
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 4:57:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/19/2012 9:10:52 PM, socialpinko wrote: Point is, nigger isn't a bad word unless we allow it to become so.
Well no sh!t. :P

It's good that such a slur doesn't bother you, but words don't exist in vacuums. There isn't really anything we as a society can do, for the time being, to remove the power of any given slur. What we can do is make it unacceptable to use them in social situations. It's not exactly like there's any legitimate reason to fling slurs around in everyday conversation - all it does is wave a giant flag reading "I disrespect the fvck out of $minority!"
It's about respect, basically. Try calling random people (friends, strangers, coworkers) "fvckwad" all the time and see how they react. Now that's not illegal to do, but if you do it long enough people are going to start making their disapproval known. It's similar with slurs, except slurs communicate a lot more hate. And a society that tacitly accepts their everyday usage is communicating to its members that some people don't require the basic respect necessary not to call them "fvckwad" all the time.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 9:48:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 4:57:32 AM, Nougatrocity wrote:

It's good that such a slur doesn't bother you, but words don't exist in vacuums. There isn't really anything we as a society can do, for the time being, to remove the power of any given slur. What we can do is make it unacceptable to use them in social situations. It's not exactly like there's any legitimate reason to fling slurs around in everyday conversation - all it does is wave a giant flag reading "I disrespect the fvck out of $minority!"
It's about respect, basically. Try calling random people (friends, strangers, coworkers) "fvckwad" all the time and see how they react. Now that's not illegal to do, but if you do it long enough people are going to start making their disapproval known. It's similar with slurs, except slurs communicate a lot more hate. And a society that tacitly accepts their everyday usage is communicating to its members that some people don't require the basic respect necessary not to call them "fvckwad" all the time.

My point is that given that slurs are given power by the general societal view of them, getting up in arms about it's use is really just perpetuating the problem, not solving it. If one really wants to stop the general use of words like nigger or faggot in a hurtful context, one should just withhold giving it that power and persuade others to do the same. It's depressing to me to see well meaning people unwittingly perpetuate the very problem they fight against.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Nougatrocity
Posts: 33
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2012 10:50:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 9:48:20 AM, socialpinko wrote:
If one really wants to stop the general use of words like nigger or faggot in a hurtful context, one should just withhold giving it that power and persuade others to do the same.
No.

Words. Mean. Things. They are not merely combinations of syllables. But words communicate concepts and ideas. Racial slurs indicate a fundamental lack of respect at best, and an entirely unjustified hatred at worst. Making a slur unacceptable, again, is NOT about the word itself. It's a social resolution directed at those who would use the slur, telling them that society no longer accepts their treatment of the group being slurred and that they need to learn to get along.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 9:24:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 10:50:25 PM, Nougatrocity wrote:
At 2/20/2012 9:48:20 AM, socialpinko wrote:
If one really wants to stop the general use of words like nigger or faggot in a hurtful context, one should just withhold giving it that power and persuade others to do the same.
No.

Words. Mean. Things. They are not merely combinations of syllables. But words communicate concepts and ideas. Racial slurs indicate a fundamental lack of respect at best, and an entirely unjustified hatred at worst. Making a slur unacceptable, again, is NOT about the word itself. It's a social resolution directed at those who would use the slur, telling them that society no longer accepts their treatment of the group being slurred and that they need to learn to get along.

You keep missing the point. Language is subjective. For instance, if no one recognized the word black as describing something lacking light, there would be no power in the word to convey that concept. The same goes with nigger. If we don't allow the word to convey it's current pejorative function, any power that the word currently has is stripped. You want to treat a mere symptom, but the societal attitude towards the word is the root of the problem.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 5:39:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/31/2012 9:16:23 AM, inferno wrote:
How many of you know someone who uses the "N" word when talking about minorities or people of color. I think it is safe to say that there are some idiots here who think that this is cute. Not that it really matters to me because I have a thick skin. But anyway, some people can get pretty offended when you use words like that. It only shows your ignorance and your lack of respect for others here on this forum. I am asking that you please reconsider using the N word in your spare time or on any social online forum from this day forward. If not, then it only means that you are an individual who hates themselves by trying to belittle others with a racist and derrogatory term. Do you have any class at all ? Probably not.
Anyway, who do you know uses this word around you.

1. Just about everyone I associate with uses the "N" word.

2. I don't think its cute, I think its very funny to call black people that word and look at their reactions. Its a very fitting word for blacks and/or African Americans. Its especially more funny to sue them after they have tried to assault me for usage of the word. So far, I have actually gained about $1,000 on lawsuits alone.

3. Surprisingly, I haven't use the "N" word once on this website. Maybe its the fact that about 300 people will file a complaint on me as soon as I utter the word. I remember a while ago when Innomen said he got A LOT of reports due to my so called "racism". When in fact, while my views may be viewed as "disturbing" to most, I actually remained and followed the TOS.

4. So by your logic, if someone uses a "demeaning" word, they therefore hate themselves? I find that logic to be sad, but unintentionally intriguing.
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 5:51:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 5:39:35 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 1/31/2012 9:16:23 AM, inferno wrote:
How many of you know someone who uses the "N" word when talking about minorities or people of color. I think it is safe to say that there are some idiots here who think that this is cute. Not that it really matters to me because I have a thick skin. But anyway, some people can get pretty offended when you use words like that. It only shows your ignorance and your lack of respect for others here on this forum. I am asking that you please reconsider using the N word in your spare time or on any social online forum from this day forward. If not, then it only means that you are an individual who hates themselves by trying to belittle others with a racist and derrogatory term. Do you have any class at all ? Probably not.
Anyway, who do you know uses this word around you.

1. Just about everyone I associate with uses the "N" word.

2. I don't think its cute, I think its very funny to call black people that word and look at their reactions. Its a very fitting word for blacks and/or African Americans. Its especially more funny to sue them after they have tried to assault me for usage of the word. So far, I have actually gained about $1,000 on lawsuits alone.

3. Surprisingly, I haven't use the "N" word once on this website. Maybe its the fact that about 300 people will file a complaint on me as soon as I utter the word. I remember a while ago when Innomen said he got A LOT of reports due to my so called "racism". When in fact, while my views may be viewed as "disturbing" to most, I actually remained and followed the TOS.

4. So by your logic, if someone uses a "demeaning" word, they therefore hate themselves? I find that logic to be sad, but unintentionally intriguing.

1000 dollars in lawsuits PLURAL? Your ambulance-chaser SUCKS.
Joseph_Mengele
Posts: 388
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2012 7:07:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/21/2012 5:51:34 PM, Wnope wrote:
At 2/21/2012 5:39:35 PM, Joseph_Mengele wrote:
At 1/31/2012 9:16:23 AM, inferno wrote:
How many of you know someone who uses the "N" word when talking about minorities or people of color. I think it is safe to say that there are some idiots here who think that this is cute. Not that it really matters to me because I have a thick skin. But anyway, some people can get pretty offended when you use words like that. It only shows your ignorance and your lack of respect for others here on this forum. I am asking that you please reconsider using the N word in your spare time or on any social online forum from this day forward. If not, then it only means that you are an individual who hates themselves by trying to belittle others with a racist and derrogatory term. Do you have any class at all ? Probably not.
Anyway, who do you know uses this word around you.

1. Just about everyone I associate with uses the "N" word.

2. I don't think its cute, I think its very funny to call black people that word and look at their reactions. Its a very fitting word for blacks and/or African Americans. Its especially more funny to sue them after they have tried to assault me for usage of the word. So far, I have actually gained about $1,000 on lawsuits alone.

3. Surprisingly, I haven't use the "N" word once on this website. Maybe its the fact that about 300 people will file a complaint on me as soon as I utter the word. I remember a while ago when Innomen said he got A LOT of reports due to my so called "racism". When in fact, while my views may be viewed as "disturbing" to most, I actually remained and followed the TOS.

4. So by your logic, if someone uses a "demeaning" word, they therefore hate themselves? I find that logic to be sad, but unintentionally intriguing.

1000 dollars in lawsuits PLURAL? Your ambulance-chaser SUCKS.

Haha, that was funny.
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 7:21:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/20/2012 8:03:51 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/19/2012 9:29:05 PM, Wnope wrote:
http://www.metacafe.com...

One of my top two favorite comedians of all time.

LMFAO x10

Nigger just means white trash. White trash is white trash and a nigger is a nigger. That's all it means to me. I call white trash white trash and I call niggers niggers.

You tell me what nigger means. You tell me what white trash means. People call me offensive names all the time because I don't tow the politically correct line. Screw them, they have no use in my life. If you get offended by name calling it just shows how little you are and how easy it is to defeat and discourage you.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 10:09:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 7:21:44 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/20/2012 8:03:51 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/19/2012 9:29:05 PM, Wnope wrote:
http://www.metacafe.com...

One of my top two favorite comedians of all time.

LMFAO x10

Nigger just means white trash. White trash is white trash and a nigger is a nigger. That's all it means to me. I call white trash white trash and I call niggers niggers.

You tell me what nigger means. You tell me what white trash means. People call me offensive names all the time because I don't tow the politically correct line. Screw them, they have no use in my life. If you get offended by name calling it just shows how little you are and how easy it is to defeat and discourage you.

Whatever you say.