How do you feel about death penalty?

Group_nice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 4:11:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hi everybody who reads this!
We have made a group concerning our theme week. We have a project task to do, and it is about death penalty in the U.S.A. We want to know all about how you guys feel. Our group is against death penalty, but still we want to hear your opinions. How does the legalization of death penalty have an effect on your society in the U.S.A. Are you guys more satisfied about murderers getting what they "deserve" or are you guys just sad about it? Just write down everything you feel. And of course if you don't want to share then it is okay.
Physik
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 4:40:23 AM
At 2/2/2012 4:11:15 AM, Group_nice wrote:
We have made a group concerning our theme week. We have a project task to do, and it is about death penalty in the U.S.A. We want to know all about how you guys feel. Our group is against death penalty, but still we want to hear your opinions. How does the legalization of death penalty have an effect on your society in the U.S.A. Are you guys more satisfied about murderers getting what they "deserve" or are you guys just sad about it? Just write down everything you feel. And of course if you don't want to share then it is okay.

What made you think that posting the same thread six times would make people want to reply?
"Just don't let them dissuade you. Stick to your beliefs no matter what and you'll be fine." - ConservativePolitico, the guy that accused me of being close-minded.

"We didn't start slavery, they themselves started it. When the white man first got to Africa they had already enslaved themselves, they just capitalized on an opportunity." - ConservativePolitico

"The Bible to me is a history book and requires very little faith to believe in." - ConservativePolitico
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 11:02:27 PM
The death penalty is made into too much of an issue over here (I assume you arent in the US, forgive me if I'm wrong). It's expensive as hell because there are soooo many legal loopholes for the lawyers to toy with. I'm not sure how I feel about that--I abhor the idea that it costs so much and that these individuals get to live for so long, however there have been innocent individuals exonerated due to those legal loopholes.

The entire issue of capital punishment comes down to one fundamental question which is how should our society responds to these crimes. Is it justice to tell a family that their loved one had to die, while the killer gets to live, off of their tax dollars? It doesnt seem like it.

Conversely, is it just to knowingly kill another human being in cold blood? Is it really just to take away the only right we can never return?

I agree with Capital punishment over all.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Group_nice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 1:27:37 PM
Physik: if you don't like it, then don't comment okay? We just thought that people would be kind and helpful and just answer how they feel because, it's important to our school work! So it actually matters to us, and if you can't handle that then go away. We think everybody has their rights to post something like this. And sorry if you feel angry about or something like that but thats just how it is.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 2:26:58 PM
At 2/3/2012 1:29:54 PM, Wnope wrote:
Every time I glance at this thread title, a smart-@ss voice in my head keeps answering

"It hurts."

That's how you feel during, not about.

I don't feel about it, I just think. I approve.

For one thing, it makes people a whole lot more careful factfinding then when they are throwing people in a cage.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 11:05:58 AM
It is life imprisonment, except if you find that you made a mistake in prosecuting, the person can't be freed. That's really the only difference between life imprisonment and the death penalty, so I'm against it.
breaxxbaxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 11:35:02 AM
Eh. I don't know. Of course, if someone were to kill a loved one of mine I would probably want them killed. I'd probably want to do it myself. But that's not a rational reaction, it's purely emotional. I suppose I'm against it. It just spreads around more negativity at the end of the day for all parties involved. And then you have the great potential of executing an innocent person which is pretty horrifying.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 1:03:29 PM
At 2/4/2012 11:05:58 AM, seraine wrote:
It is life imprisonment, except if you find that you made a mistake in prosecuting, the person can't be freed. That's really the only difference between life imprisonment and the death penalty, so I'm against it.

Except room and board, and how much effort courts IN FACT make in ferreting out mistakes (a vast difference-- it doesn't matter that you theoretically can free some old man you were wrong about when no one bothers to find out whether they were wrong anymore).

In the time until execution someone sentenced to death gets far more due process than someone sentenced to life imprisonment gets in the time until natural death.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 1:04:44 PM
In other words, you spend money on both.

In life imprisonment, you spend money on room and board, guilty or innocent.

In execution, you spend money on due process.

I'd rather do the latter.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 1:19:35 PM
The death penalty is barbaric: I associate it with third world dictatorships not civilised Western democracies.

Yes, we all know some criminals deserve to be put to death but that doesn't mean we have the moral right to execute them.

Furthermore, the most vile criminals receive such bad treatment in prison from their fellow inmates that they often attempt to take their own lives - it is more of a punishment for them to suffer a lifetime of misery rather than to put them out of their suffering by killing them.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 7:04:04 PM
At 2/2/2012 4:11:15 AM, Group_nice wrote:

I think it should be used sparingly, but there are just some cases in which the perp is too dangerous to be kept alive. In any other case, it harms the person more to be in jail and can give them a chance to be reevaluated if it is a false conviction.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 11:33:58 PM
At 2/4/2012 1:04:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

The cost of death penalty is greater than the cost of life in prison without parole.

Amnesty international report--> http://www.amnestyusa.org...
Starcraftzzz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 6:03:53 AM
At 2/4/2012 1:04:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

So you rather spend more money to kill someone who might be Innocent. Why do you want to kill people so much that you;'d make yourself poorer in doing so?