Jump to topic:

Black History Month Is Now *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 2:07:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It aint too legit to quit, thats for sure. Hello boys and gags. This is of course,
Black History Month. Some say that there is no reason to celebrate this anymore because it has decreased in value given the fact that we have such a large influence of Black culuture here in the States. And also because we know have a Black President in office. So what. I think that some people misunderstand the meaning, and try to divide society based on false information that conflicts with other people's interest. This is not a race issue, it is about justice and recognition.
Nothing more. Do you agree ? Im here.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 4:40:43 PM
At 2/2/2012 4:36:55 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
This just in!!!! Nobody cares! :)

Inferno obviously does.....he endeavors, with all his heart, as a faithful ad well-inculcated Christian, to be virtuous, objective in his position, to use reasoning when arguing and provide evidence, and to be raise the honor of his people.

Oh wait........
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2012 8:01:43 PM
At 2/2/2012 2:07:19 PM, inferno wrote:
It aint too legit to quit, thats for sure. Hello boys and gags. This is of course,
Black History Month.

No................. its not..

Its February.................. don't believe him..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:34:00 AM
What about Hispanic History Month?

There are more than 50 million Hispanics in the US while there are only 38 million blacks.

Furthermore, the Hispanic population is growing faster than the black population.

http://www.usatoday.com...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:35:06 AM

Actually, that statement is false. You may not care because you are callous, but there are plenty of people on this forum and in the world who care about the suffering of others.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 9:17:31 AM
At 2/3/2012 8:35:06 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Actually, that statement is false. You may not care because you are callous, but there are plenty of people on this forum and in the world who care about the suffering of others.:

Actually my comment was directed towards Inferno's opinions in general. Secondly, black history month =/= caring about suffering of others.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 1:04:12 PM
Middle school has made me forever associate this month with singing the black national anthem.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 6:34:06 PM
At 2/3/2012 1:04:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Middle school has made me forever associate this month with singing the black national anthem.

There's a black national anthem lol? Why wasn't I informed of this in my Black Male monthly newsletter?
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
breaxxbaxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:26:19 PM
At 2/3/2012 8:34:00 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

There are more than 50 million Hispanics in the US while there are only 38 million blacks.

Furthermore, the Hispanic population is growing faster than the black population.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

It exists if that's what you're asking.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 7:30:51 PM
What about hobbit history month?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2012 8:06:16 PM

Holy crap! I'm black and I didn't even know that existed. Lyrics please
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 2:26:10 AM
At 2/3/2012 8:06:16 PM, Cobo wrote:

Holy crap! I'm black and I didn't even know that existed. Lyrics please

We'd sing the first minute or so each day in February. It's pretty decent as far as anthems go, but I'll still always resent it for that.

Skip to 3:01 for our generation's defining moment in race relations.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 1:09:52 PM
At 2/3/2012 7:26:19 PM, breaxxbaxx wrote:

Does it? What is their history then? In the 15th and 16th Centuries some Spanish people went to South and Central America and stole the indigenous peoples' gold, ransacked their cities, raped their women then, a few hundred years or so later, they end up in North America peddling drugs and cleaning toilets?

No, of course that's not it, I'm joking, but what is it really?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
breaxxbaxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 1:24:20 PM
At 2/4/2012 1:09:52 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 2/3/2012 7:26:19 PM, breaxxbaxx wrote:

Does it? What is their history then? In the 15th and 16th Centuries some Spanish people went to South and Central America and stole the indigenous peoples' gold, ransacked their cities, raped their women then, a few hundred years or so later, they end up in North America peddling drugs and cleaning toilets?

No, of course that's not it, I'm joking, but what is it really?

Some reading material for ya: http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov...
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 7:05:49 PM
I kinda think if we are going to have a month for black history, we should have a hispanic, native american, asian, white, indian, and any other race history month. Although I don't know what it says about america that we made the shortest month of the year black history month.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2012 9:50:29 PM
At 2/4/2012 7:05:49 PM, rogue wrote:
I kinda think if we are going to have a month for black history, we should have a hispanic, native american, asian, white, indian, and any other race history month. Although I don't know what it says about america that we made the shortest month of the year black history month.

I grew up in Los Angeles, a mostly Hispanic place. Latino history month is Sept 15-Oct 16
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 8:23:08 PM
At 2/4/2012 9:50:29 PM, MarquisX wrote:

I grew up in Los Angeles, a mostly Hispanic place. Latino history month is Sept 15-Oct 16
cool! I wasn't aware.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 8:01:55 AM
Honestly though: the solution is to integrate all race histories into our educational system and society all the time.

Reserving a month for any race, including "white," just undermines the whole idea of acceptance and diversity by making it exist solely in one month. And on the flipside, too, it singles out and specializes a certain race, not focusing on everyone and diversity, but differentiating between races.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:45:59 AM
At 2/3/2012 8:35:06 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Actually, that statement is false. You may not care because you are callous, but there are plenty of people on this forum and in the world who care about the suffering of others.

Black History is about admonishing the accomplishments and accolades of African and White Americans abroad. But obviously you are not intelligent enough to see that. Next.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 9:47:29 AM

There are more Black people in the world abroad. We are not the minority here on Earth as it is today.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 10:41:31 AM
Reserving a month for any race, including "white," just undermines the whole idea of acceptance and diversity by making it exist solely in one month. And on the flipside, too, it singles out and specializes a certain race, not focusing on everyone and diversity, but differentiating between races.:

Pretty much this. ^

The fight was to make people the same, but the end result is to highlight the differences, which obviously undermines the entire premise of equality.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 10:51:02 AM
At 2/6/2012 10:41:31 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Reserving a month for any race, including "white," just undermines the whole idea of acceptance and diversity by making it exist solely in one month. And on the flipside, too, it singles out and specializes a certain race, not focusing on everyone and diversity, but differentiating between races.:

Pretty much this. ^

The fight was to make people the same, but the end result is to highlight the differences, which obviously undermines the entire premise of equality.

False. It enhances our culture, because Blacks and other minorities are very inclusive in the discussion about this issue. Hispanic Heritage Month is fine by me.
I would never take offense to a Holiday or time allowed for people of color to express themselves and remain socially aware in a world where racism still exists. If you yourself are not aware of this, then this is why we celebrate.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2012 10:52:07 AM

The days or length of the month is irrelevent. These are minute issues Rogue. But again I realize that people with small minds think small.