Jump to topic:

Conspiracy Rising

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 2:35:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Read an interesting article from the author of the book, "Conspiracy Rising." It piqued my interest so much that I decided to order it. I am hoping to gain some insight on why people like Inferno believe in all things conspiratorial, and how deluded one must be to steadfastly believe in something even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary or insufficient evidence to substantiate it.

In the interview, she states,

"One of the things that makes some conspiracy theories dangerous is the fact that they are so clear in seeing the world in black-and-white terms that there becomes a group identified as 'us' who know the truth and are really good people and then there are the people who are working against truth and are working to destroy us and those are the evil people... As a citizen you have to be a good critical thinker. It's a good thing to be naturally skeptical, but taking that other leap is really problematic."

http://www.windsorstar.com...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 3:26:04 PM
At 2/9/2012 2:35:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Read an interesting article from the author of the book, "Conspiracy Rising." It piqued my interest so much that I decided to order it. I am hoping to gain some insight on why people like Inferno believe in all things conspiratorial, and how deluded one must be to steadfastly believe in something even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary or insufficient evidence to substantiate it.

In the interview, she states,

"One of the things that makes some conspiracy theories dangerous is the fact that they are so clear in seeing the world in black-and-white terms that there becomes a group identified as 'us' who know the truth and are really good people and then there are the people who are working against truth and are working to destroy us and those are the evil people... As a citizen you have to be a good critical thinker. It's a good thing to be naturally skeptical, but taking that other leap is really problematic."

http://www.windsorstar.com...

Old News son. Been read that long time ago. Next.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2012 7:12:09 PM
Very true. VERY true.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus