Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

The Stupidity Of Today's American Youth *

inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 9:25:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have to ask, why is America's youth of today so stupid. Now if you are a sensible human being, then this thread is not about you. But we have a very disturbing social trend going on in our country right now. And it has cause some people so harm even though it is not always reported on the news. But is this what some people do when they do not have anything else better to do with their time.
I know, I know. Its a long story.
Please comment on this latest developement. See link below.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 9:25:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/26/2012 9:25:39 AM, inferno wrote:
I have to ask, why is America's youth of today so stupid. Now if you are a sensible human being, then this thread is not about you. But we have a very disturbing social trend going on in our country right now. And it has cause some people so harm even though it is not always reported on the news. But is this what some people do when they do not have anything else better to do with their time.
I know, I know. Its a long story.
Please comment on this latest developement. See link below.

tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2012 6:45:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Zzz...

Same old same old. Some old boring muppet pointing the finger at the younger generation, ranting, raving and whistling through their false teeth.

Do you think that this newest generation is the stupidest of all time?
I doubt it.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
failedALIAS
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 1:46:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/27/2012 6:45:33 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Zzz...

Same old same old. Some old boring muppet pointing the finger at the younger generation, ranting, raving and whistling through their false teeth.

Do you think that this newest generation is the stupidest of all time?
I doubt it.

Well, on one hand as the human race develops we achieve capabilities "magical" to those 50 years before us. On the other hand; Michael Bay hasn't been shot yet.
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No Hell below us
Above us only Sky
Imagine All the people living for Today - John Lennon
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2012 9:40:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is interesting. I often wonder why today's adults are so stupid. Today's adults recently caused the 2008 financial crisis and ruined the economy. That was a pretty big mess up. No generations adults have ever messed up that bad since the great depression. And seeing as how information is way more available now then back then, a mess up this bad is INEXCUSABLE. Furthermore, at least the people who caused the depression somehow redeemed themselves by dealing with world wars. I just cannot believe adults these days! They are so entitled!
cbrhawk1
Posts: 588
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 10:04:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This isn't stupidity of youth. This is lack of parenting in the Western world leading kids to try stupid things. This is because we teach parents not to beat the living hell out of their children when they are wrong. When you don't discipline and/or watch your children, this is what happens.

Kids are IGNORANT, which is different than the parents which are STUPID. They simply don't know even when they are told. You HAVE to make children do as they are TOLD because they are told. No kid in my family would have gotten by with this. Dr. Phil would have had a heart attack at how kids in our family ere punished for doing this kind of crap.
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:14:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 10:04:20 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
This isn't stupidity of youth. This is lack of parenting in the Western world leading kids to try stupid things. This is because we teach parents not to beat the living hell out of their children when they are wrong. When you don't discipline and/or watch your children, this is what happens.

Kids are IGNORANT, which is different than the parents which are STUPID. They simply don't know even when they are told. You HAVE to make children do as they are TOLD because they are told. No kid in my family would have gotten by with this. Dr. Phil would have had a heart attack at how kids in our family ere punished for doing this kind of crap.

Children are more likely to rebel against abusive parents who "beat the crap out of them". I used to misbehave on purpose just to let my parents know that they were never going to break me.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:16:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The fact that you want to beat your values into children proves that your values are pretty baseless since they are not really that attractive unless violence is backing them.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:22:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/27/2012 6:45:33 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Zzz...

Same old same old. Some old boring muppet pointing the finger at the younger generation, ranting, raving and whistling through their false teeth.

Do you think that this newest generation is the stupidest of all time?
I doubt it.

I am deeply offended by this.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:26:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Every generation complains about their youth... Sh*t, they used to complain about songs which talked about boys and girls holding hands, now the songs are about how to make that @ss clap :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:31:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:14:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/18/2012 10:04:20 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
This isn't stupidity of youth. This is lack of parenting in the Western world leading kids to try stupid things. This is because we teach parents not to beat the living hell out of their children when they are wrong. When you don't discipline and/or watch your children, this is what happens.

Kids are IGNORANT, which is different than the parents which are STUPID. They simply don't know even when they are told. You HAVE to make children do as they are TOLD because they are told. No kid in my family would have gotten by with this. Dr. Phil would have had a heart attack at how kids in our family ere punished for doing this kind of crap.

Children are more likely to rebel against abusive parents who "beat the crap out of them". I used to misbehave on purpose just to let my parents know that they were never going to break me.

I don't think you represent the population. Your parents would beat you?

"Beating" does have a deteriminet effect, but only for the short-run and once the chances of getting caught are diminished, then the behavior just pretty much gets extincted. But I really think that's the way for most types of punishment/reward systems anyways.

Really, many parents just don't want to deal with their annoying child and just want to use the most efficient system to stop undesired behaviors in front of them and show their authority. It doesn't really teach values or anything. But then again, I don't think parents really have too much of an effect on children as we think.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:37:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:31:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:14:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/18/2012 10:04:20 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
This isn't stupidity of youth. This is lack of parenting in the Western world leading kids to try stupid things. This is because we teach parents not to beat the living hell out of their children when they are wrong. When you don't discipline and/or watch your children, this is what happens.

Kids are IGNORANT, which is different than the parents which are STUPID. They simply don't know even when they are told. You HAVE to make children do as they are TOLD because they are told. No kid in my family would have gotten by with this. Dr. Phil would have had a heart attack at how kids in our family ere punished for doing this kind of crap.

Children are more likely to rebel against abusive parents who "beat the crap out of them". I used to misbehave on purpose just to let my parents know that they were never going to break me.

I don't think you represent the population. Your parents would beat you?

Until I demonstrated that it was not having an impact, yes. I also got old enough to retaliate at some point, and I did once. It's actually a very common story.

Anyways, once they stopped, I actually became less rebellious and was more prone to listening to them. They discovered that during my sophomore year of high school.

These experiences actually probably had a large impact on my political beliefs. One of the reasons I despise authority is that my childhood experiences with authority were not favorable.
"Beating" does have a deteriminet effect, but only for the short-run and once the chances of getting caught are diminished, then the behavior just pretty much gets extincted. But I really think that's the way for most types of punishment/reward systems anyways.

It only really affects behavior while pain is being experienced. The moment I stopped feeling pain, I just picked up where I left off :)
Really, many parents just don't want to deal with their annoying child and just want to use the most efficient system to stop undesired behaviors in front of them and show their authority.
This is why it sparks rebellion: it is a display of authority.
It doesn't really teach values or anything. But then again, I don't think parents really have too much of an effect on children as we think.
Sociological data shows that family is the largest source of political socialization.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:50:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:37:49 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:31:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:14:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/18/2012 10:04:20 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
This isn't stupidity of youth. This is lack of parenting in the Western world leading kids to try stupid things. This is because we teach parents not to beat the living hell out of their children when they are wrong. When you don't discipline and/or watch your children, this is what happens.

Kids are IGNORANT, which is different than the parents which are STUPID. They simply don't know even when they are told. You HAVE to make children do as they are TOLD because they are told. No kid in my family would have gotten by with this. Dr. Phil would have had a heart attack at how kids in our family ere punished for doing this kind of crap.

Children are more likely to rebel against abusive parents who "beat the crap out of them". I used to misbehave on purpose just to let my parents know that they were never going to break me.

I don't think you represent the population. Your parents would beat you?

Until I demonstrated that it was not having an impact, yes. I also got old enough to retaliate at some point, and I did once. It's actually a very common story.

Anyways, once they stopped, I actually became less rebellious and was more prone to listening to them. They discovered that during my sophomore year of high school.

These experiences actually probably had a large impact on my political beliefs. One of the reasons I despise authority is that my childhood experiences with authority were not favorable.

"Beating" does have a deteriminet effect, but only for the short-run and once the chances of getting caught are diminished, then the behavior just pretty much gets extincted. But I really think that's the way for most types of punishment/reward systems anyways.

It only really affects behavior while pain is being experienced. The moment I stopped feeling pain, I just picked up where I left off :)

Well behaviorism (pretty simple concept, you can look it up) dictators you'd respond otherwise. But who knows how negative the stimulus was. And then again, if this was really about a power struggle more then anything, its really beyond the scope of behaviorism.

Really, many parents just don't want to deal with their annoying child and just want to use the most efficient system to stop undesired behaviors in front of them and show their authority.
This is why it sparks rebellion: it is a display of authority.

If parents don't have any authority then they'll be pretty ineffective at getting them to do stuff they don't want to do.

It doesn't really teach values or anything. But then again, I don't think parents really have too much of an effect on children as we think.
Sociological data shows that family is the largest source of political socialization.

I suppose that is true. Although political ideology is actually genetic. My mother is a liberal but my father comes from a conservative family.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:56:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd probably of been a liberal If I I didn't join model legislation in high school, learned engineering in college, and join DDO. Not sure when I crossed the line from liberal to libertarian, but I think it was somewhat of a gradual change.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 1:57:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:50:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:37:49 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:31:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:14:57 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/18/2012 10:04:20 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
This isn't stupidity of youth. This is lack of parenting in the Western world leading kids to try stupid things. This is because we teach parents not to beat the living hell out of their children when they are wrong. When you don't discipline and/or watch your children, this is what happens.

Kids are IGNORANT, which is different than the parents which are STUPID. They simply don't know even when they are told. You HAVE to make children do as they are TOLD because they are told. No kid in my family would have gotten by with this. Dr. Phil would have had a heart attack at how kids in our family ere punished for doing this kind of crap.

Children are more likely to rebel against abusive parents who "beat the crap out of them". I used to misbehave on purpose just to let my parents know that they were never going to break me.

I don't think you represent the population. Your parents would beat you?

Until I demonstrated that it was not having an impact, yes. I also got old enough to retaliate at some point, and I did once. It's actually a very common story.

Anyways, once they stopped, I actually became less rebellious and was more prone to listening to them. They discovered that during my sophomore year of high school.

These experiences actually probably had a large impact on my political beliefs. One of the reasons I despise authority is that my childhood experiences with authority were not favorable.


"Beating" does have a deteriminet effect, but only for the short-run and once the chances of getting caught are diminished, then the behavior just pretty much gets extincted. But I really think that's the way for most types of punishment/reward systems anyways.

It only really affects behavior while pain is being experienced. The moment I stopped feeling pain, I just picked up where I left off :)

Well behaviorism (pretty simple concept, you can look it up) dictators you'd respond otherwise. But who knows how negative the stimulus was. And then again, if this was really about a power struggle more then anything, its really beyond the scope of behaviorism.

It was only a power struggle because I treated it that way. I guess I always saw it as a power struggle. I'm not sure why . . .
Really, many parents just don't want to deal with their annoying child and just want to use the most efficient system to stop undesired behaviors in front of them and show their authority.
This is why it sparks rebellion: it is a display of authority.

If parents don't have any authority then they'll be pretty ineffective at getting them to do stuff they don't want to do.

They are anyways. When my parents adopted a more democratic (obviously they were not completely democratic, but they were definitely more democratic) system, they were more effective in dealing with me. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but it worked in my case.
It doesn't really teach values or anything. But then again, I don't think parents really have too much of an effect on children as we think.
Sociological data shows that family is the largest source of political socialization.

I suppose that is true. Although political ideology is actually genetic. My mother is a liberal but my father comes from a conservative family.

How can political ideology be genetic? I would be interested in seeing evidence for this. I'm not saying you're wrong; it just seems counterintuitive.

My parents are actually pretty conservative both economically and socially, as are my siblings. I'm the odd one out.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:01:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:56:53 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'd probably of been a liberal If I I didn't join model legislation in high school, learned engineering in college, and join DDO. Not sure when I crossed the line from liberal to libertarian, but I think it was somewhat of a gradual change.:

There is little difference between a liberal and libertarian from a social perspective. The only time they really butt heads is economically, which is why I find it hilarious that Charleslb, as well as many other Progressives, strawman the hell out of what libertarianism even is.

Instead of finding the shared commonalities refreshing, libertarians are more often than not lumped in with conservatives, even though libertarians and conservatives bicker like an old, married couple.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:05:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 1:57:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

It was only a power struggle because I treated it that way. I guess I always saw it as a power struggle. I'm not sure why . . .

Because you want to do the sh!t you do, and you don't want to do the sh!t they want you to do.

They are anyways. When my parents adopted a more democratic (obviously they were not completely democratic, but they were definitely more democratic) system, they were more effective in dealing with me. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but it worked in my case.

I could see how it would work for some people and not others.

I suppose that is true. Although political ideology is actually genetic. My mother is a liberal but my father comes from a conservative family.

How can political ideology be genetic? I would be interested in seeing evidence for this. I'm not saying you're wrong; it just seems counterintuitive.

Here's the study:
http://www.nytimes.com...

My parents are actually pretty conservative both economically and socially, as are my siblings. I'm the odd one out.

Interesting. What influenced you then? Were you always liberal or did you change your behavior over time? Was it part of being rebellious :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:12:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 2:01:32 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:56:53 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I'd probably of been a liberal If I I didn't join model legislation in high school, learned engineering in college, and join DDO. Not sure when I crossed the line from liberal to libertarian, but I think it was somewhat of a gradual change.:

There is little difference between a liberal and libertarian from a social perspective. The only time they really butt heads is economically, which is why I find it hilarious that Charleslb, as well as many other Progressives, strawman the hell out of what libertarianism even is.

Instead of finding the shared commonalities refreshing, libertarians are more often than not lumped in with conservatives, even though libertarians and conservatives bicker like an old, married couple.

Well there are some social positions that liberals favor that aren't really libertarian.

-affirmative action
-hate speech/hate crime
-gun laws

I think libertarians and conservatives can get along better then liberals and libertarians. Libertarians and conservatives at least don't have problem finding common ground with one another, and can kind of "agree to disagree". Not so much with liberals and libertarians. Liberals have the tendency to really try to "demonize" right policies, which really makes it an unattractive alliance.

John Stossel remarks how he was treated badly at ABC for his political views, but gets much warmer treatment on FOX news. Even though fox news is conservative. Whether or not he's actually being genuine or not or actually doing that to make FOX look better then ABC is another story.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:19:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 2:05:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/18/2012 1:57:00 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

It was only a power struggle because I treated it that way. I guess I always saw it as a power struggle. I'm not sure why . . .

Because you want to do the sh!t you do, and you don't want to do the sh!t they want you to do.


LOL
They are anyways. When my parents adopted a more democratic (obviously they were not completely democratic, but they were definitely more democratic) system, they were more effective in dealing with me. I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but it worked in my case.

I could see how it would work for some people and not others.


I suppose that is true. Although political ideology is actually genetic. My mother is a liberal but my father comes from a conservative family.

How can political ideology be genetic? I would be interested in seeing evidence for this. I'm not saying you're wrong; it just seems counterintuitive.

Here's the study:
http://www.nytimes.com...

My parents are actually pretty conservative both economically and socially, as are my siblings. I'm the odd one out.

Interesting. What influenced you then? Were you always liberal or did you change your behavior over time? Was it part of being rebellious :p.

I was conservative and religious until my Junior year (interestingly enough, as I became more Atheist, I became more liberal). I had transferred to a private school during my sophomore year, and I didn't like most of the people there. Almost all of them had this massive sense of entitlement and they were nauseatingly arrogant because of their parents' wealth. I was actually there on financial aid, and most of the people I hung out with were as well. At some point, I ran into Marx while researching SDS for a history project and both the Port Huron Statement and the Manifesto just made sense to me. I became liberal but quickly became socialist. I eventually became Communist towards the end of my Senior Year.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2012 2:27:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 2:19:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I was conservative and religious until my Junior year (interestingly enough, as I became more Atheist, I became more liberal). I had transferred to a private school during my sophomore year, and I didn't like most of the people there. Almost all of them had this massive sense of entitlement and they were nauseatingly arrogant because of their parents' wealth. I was actually there on financial aid, and most of the people I hung out with were as well. At some point, I ran into Marx while researching SDS for a history project and both the Port Huron Statement and the Manifesto just made sense to me. I became liberal but quickly became socialist. I eventually became Communist towards the end of my Senior Year.

I write in this topic on my transformation to libertarianism

http://www.debate.org...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 1:19:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Looks at thread title. Looks at author.

*nods*.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
cbrhawk1
Posts: 588
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 3:04:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Children are more likely to rebel against abusive parents who "beat the crap out of them". I used to misbehave on purpose just to let my parents know that they were never going to break me.

You won. That's why you became an atheist, lack discipline :P

All kids rebel. That's why you break the kid's willingness o fight back. My mother and father understood that. I was incredibly hard to discipline as a child, but with my will broken and my respect for my parents willingness to discipline bad behavior, I am completely clean. I have never smoked, and only drank a couple of times. I have a strong will for the things that truly matter and a fiercely generous and protective attitude to those I love and those I see in need, even if I don't like them.

I'm not saying I turned out the greatest, but being disciplined taught me about balance and self control, not to be swayed by peer pressure or adversity and to never permanently back down from truth.

I see the same attitudes develop in other children who were disciplined heavily. It's CLEAR what happens to kids who DON'T get discipline as is seen in ADD and ADHD running rampant.
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 6:48:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/18/2012 10:04:20 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
This isn't stupidity of youth. This is lack of parenting in the Western world leading kids to try stupid things. This is because we teach parents not to beat the living hell out of their children when they are wrong. When you don't discipline and/or watch your children, this is what happens.

Kids are IGNORANT, which is different than the parents which are STUPID. They simply don't know even when they are told. You HAVE to make children do as they are TOLD because they are told. No kid in my family would have gotten by with this. Dr. Phil would have had a heart attack at how kids in our family ere punished for doing this kind of crap.

Dear god I hope this is a troll.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 12:36:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I grew up getting the sh!t beat out of me. F*CK THAT SH!T. All it causes is deep seated resentment. I don't even talk to my mother now, let alone let her see her grandson. I actually do physically punish my son though. Nothing too extensive. Just a pinch on the back of the hand. Doesn't make him cry but he realizes he shouldn't he throwing stuff at the window.
#BlackLivesMatter
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 1:16:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/20/2012 12:36:11 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I grew up getting the sh!t beat out of me. F*CK THAT SH!T. All it causes is deep seated resentment. I don't even talk to my mother now, let alone let her see her grandson. I actually do physically punish my son though. Nothing too extensive. Just a pinch on the back of the hand. Doesn't make him cry but he realizes he shouldn't he throwing stuff at the window.

Read my debate: http://www.debate.org...
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:36:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 3/26/2012 9:25:39 AM, inferno wrote:
I have to ask, why is America's youth of today so stupid.

Because "information" is readily available after a few keystrokes.

It's kind of like sending your 8 year old to learn karate and then showing up to the principal's office with a report that he's been punching and kicking his classmates.

The accessibility of information and validation through the internet gives youths a false sense of security and as a result, a false sense of power. They feel less inclined to do certain things or act in a certain way because the internet provides that missing component for them.

For example: The notion of politely admitting that you are wrong, inexperienced, or inferior to someone in order to defuse a social situation gone awry. Kids these days have no EQ and use the internet to substitute for IQ.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.