Jump to topic:

The double standard preserves society

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 4:48:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I submit that the double standard of sex, in which women are viewed poorly if they are too free with their choice of sexual partner, or frequency of sexual encounters, sustains human society.

I base this on the notion that the vast majority (near entirety) of male ambition is consciously or subconsciously centered on obtaining sex, either in general, or specifically to obtain sex from more women, or women of increasing desirability.

If women worldwide started to offer themselves up for sex with little to no regard for the attractiveness of her potential partner, men would find little need to work as hard.

Potential counterarguments may include the notion that men still need to work in order to sustain themselves. I submit that we already have the technology and resources to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It is simply that because of the drive to advance technology, the same amount of resources that could be spent generating enough food to feed a family for life is being used to manufacture one iPad.

If a man has unlimited access to sex with any woman he deems desirable, what need would he have for an iPad o.O?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2012 5:13:30 PM
It's DDO. It's a little of both.
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 12:57:19 PM
At 4/5/2012 4:48:44 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I submit that the double standard of sex, in which women are viewed poorly if they are too free with their choice of sexual partner, or frequency of sexual encounters, sustains human society.

I base this on the notion that the vast majority (near entirety) of male ambition is consciously or subconsciously centered on obtaining sex, either in general, or specifically to obtain sex from more women, or women of increasing desirability.

If women worldwide started to offer themselves up for sex with little to no regard for the attractiveness of her potential partner, men would find little need to work as hard.

The fantasy is not just to have sex with many women, but also for those women to not have sex with anybody else.

So, men would still have to work as hard to make sure that those women stick with them, don't you think?

Erm...am I making your argument?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:05:55 PM
At 4/6/2012 12:57:19 PM, Indophile wrote:
The fantasy is not just to have sex with many women, but also for those women to not have sex with anybody else.

So, men would still have to work as hard to make sure that those women stick with them, don't you think?

I'm not sure I agree with your first contention. We have birth control in this society.

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 1:18:06 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:05:55 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 4/6/2012 12:57:19 PM, Indophile wrote:

I'm not sure I agree with your first contention. We have birth control in this society.

When I said men don't want the women they had sex with to have sex with other men, I did not mean it in the sense of having children.

It's just the thought of sharing itself is an anathema. So, if the women are hell-bent on making themselves easily available to any/many men, those men would have to work even harder to keep those women from doing so.

This would mean the invention of even more Ipads.
And it will be true.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:25:05 PM
At 4/6/2012 1:18:06 PM, Indophile wrote:
When I said men don't want the women they had sex with to have sex with other men, I did not mean it in the sense of having children.

It's just the thought of sharing itself is an anathema. So, if the women are hell-bent on making themselves easily available to any/many men, those men would have to work even harder to keep those women from doing so.

Okay, I see what you're getting at.

Generally, men would biologically want to keep their women to themselves because it helps in ensuring that the offspring they raise will be theirs. In a society with casual sex and birth control, this point becomes moot.

As for the notion of men refusing to share in general, I think that for casual sex encounters, this will be untrue in a society where sex is easily obtainable because they would have no REASON for it. You keep something for yourself because you want it readily accessible, and you don't want to give it to others because you don't want to be without it, or you don't want them to benefit. If sex is available everywhere, and you always have the opportunity to "trade up", AND there are no offspring involved, why would you be so hell-bent on keeping a specific woman? Even if you deprive the pool of other men of this one woman, what difference would it make to either you or them?

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 2:30:10 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:25:05 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 4/6/2012 1:18:06 PM, Indophile wrote:

Okay, I see what you're getting at.

Generally, men would biologically want to keep their women to themselves because it helps in ensuring that the offspring they raise will be theirs. In a society with casual sex and birth control, this point becomes moot.

As for the notion of men refusing to share in general, I think that for casual sex encounters, this will be untrue in a society where sex is easily obtainable because they would have no REASON for it. You keep something for yourself because you want it readily accessible, and you don't want to give it to others because you don't want to be without it, or you don't want them to benefit. If sex is available everywhere, and you always have the opportunity to "trade up", AND there are no offspring involved, why would you be so hell-bent on keeping a specific woman? Even if you deprive the pool of other men of this one woman, what difference would it make to either you or them?

Would you let a random man play with your high-tech gaming system, borrow your entertainment/home theater system, drive your car, etc.?

Would you like your high-tech gaming system, your entertainment/home theater system, you car available ALL THE TIME, even if you are not currently using it?
And it will be true.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 3:19:36 PM

Potential counterarguments may include the notion that men still need to work in order to sustain themselves. I submit that we already have the technology and resources to feed, clothe, and shelter the world. It is simply that because of the drive to advance technology, the same amount of resources that could be spent generating enough food to feed a family for life is being used to manufacture one iPad.

If a man has unlimited access to sex with any woman he deems desirable, what need would he have for an iPad o.O?

Simplified: The fate of society depends on women being not being dirty, dirty sluts. Also, slippery slope.

I don't really see the need to refute this.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fellate my neighbor whom I've never met. BRB
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 3:20:48 PM
At 4/6/2012 3:19:36 PM, Oryus wrote:

Simplified: The fate of society depends on women not being dirty, dirty sluts. Also, slippery slope.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fellate my neighbor whom I've never met. BRB

fixed
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 3:27:16 PM
Simplified: The fate of society depends on women being not being dirty, dirty sluts. Also, slippery slope.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fellate my neighbor whom I've never met. BRB:

Heh... pwn3d.

Yeah, I gotta agree... I'm not really sharing the OP's point of view.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 3:46:46 PM
At 4/6/2012 2:30:10 PM, Indophile wrote:
Would you let a random man play with your high-tech gaming system, borrow your entertainment/home theater system, drive your car, etc.?

Would you like your high-tech gaming system, your entertainment/home theater system, you car available ALL THE TIME, even if you are not currently using it?

What if the street were filled with cars better than yours, free for the taking? What if you had free use of high-tech gaming systems in everyone's house, and most of those people had different games that are better than yours? What if you could walk in to anyone's home entertainment system? Some worse than yours, some better, but you could use it anyway?

If you're going to use analogies, you need to encompass ALL the concepts.

Remember: In this situation, women of all levels of desirability are meeting your demand.

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 3:49:32 PM
At 4/6/2012 3:27:16 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fellate my neighbor whom I've never met. BRB:

Heh... pwn3d.

Hey, quiet you. At least I have the balls to seriously argue something stupid. You want the 6000th thread on why morality is subjective or the 8000th thread on why God doesn't exist XD?

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 3:54:20 PM
At 4/6/2012 3:49:32 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Heh... pwn3d.

Hey, quiet you. At least I have the balls to seriously argue something stupid. You want the 6000th thread on why morality is subjective or the 8000th thread on why God doesn't exist XD?

LOL
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 3:59:49 PM
At 4/6/2012 3:46:46 PM, Kleptin wrote:

What if the street were filled with cars better than yours, free for the taking? What if you had free use of high-tech gaming systems in everyone's house, and most of those people had different games that are better than yours? What if you could walk in to anyone's home entertainment system? Some worse than yours, some better, but you could use it anyway?

Remember: In this situation, women of all levels of desirability are meeting your demand.

Ok- all of these questions depend on at least these two assumptions:

1. men want sex at all times from any woman who will give it to them
2. men are only productive members of society to serve the goal in premise 1

I don't think you could show that those are true.

But then again.. even if you could, the fall of society from Teh Slut would probably still not be inevitable. I think men have an interest in the preservation of society just as much as they might have an interest in busting a nut. :)
:
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 4:10:21 PM
At 4/6/2012 3:59:49 PM, Oryus wrote:

Idunno dude...Those look pretty solid to me...

But then again.. even if you could, the fall of society from Teh Slut would probably still not be inevitable. I think men have an interest in the preservation of society just as much as they might have an interest in busting a nut. :)

Well, society would still work fine. It just won't progress.

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 4:12:37 PM

See, this is where it gets counter-intuitive.

If you are getting to bang your dream woman, you simply wouldn't let her be available to any Dick, Dick and Dick.

If your dream woman still insists on making herself available, you'd try and find ways to disabuse her of that thought.

So, the best car, the best gaming system, etc. will simply NOT be available, even if they are not being used.

If they are, then humanity has changed and it's really a brand new world out there.
And it will be true.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 4:18:53 PM
At 4/6/2012 4:10:21 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 4/6/2012 3:59:49 PM, Oryus wrote:

Idunno dude...Those look pretty solid to me...

LOL

Well, society would still work fine. It just won't progress.

Ah, I see.
:
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 4:35:02 PM
At 4/6/2012 4:12:37 PM, Indophile wrote:

If you are getting to bang your dream woman, you simply wouldn't let her be available to any Dick, Dick and Dick.

If your dream woman still insists on making herself available, you'd try and find ways to disabuse her of that thought.

So, the best car, the best gaming system, etc. will simply NOT be available, even if they are not being used.

If they are, then humanity has changed and it's really a brand new world out there.

Graaar...I think you got me.

Wait..

Ye..

Yeah, you got me. I started thinking about cloning and all that nonsense. Yeah, the human condition is basically to have better and have better and not even stop when you have the best. This isn't going to work.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:18:10 PM
At 4/6/2012 4:35:02 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Wait..

Ye..

Yeah,
you got me. I started thinking about cloning and all that nonsense. Yeah, the human condition is basically to have better and have better and not even stop when you have the best. This isn't going to work.

that made me lol
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:18:27 PM
At 4/6/2012 5:18:10 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/6/2012 4:35:02 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Wait..

Ye..

Yeah,
you got me. I started thinking about cloning and all that nonsense. Yeah, the human condition is basically to have better and have better and not even stop when you have the best. This isn't going to work.

that made me lol

yay for comedic timing in thread format!
:
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:27:18 PM
Oh well, thread over, that was fun.

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:45:02 PM
At 4/6/2012 3:49:32 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Heh... pwn3d.

Hey, quiet you. At least I have the balls to seriously argue something stupid. You want the 6000th thread on why morality is subjective or the 8000th thread on why God doesn't exist XD?:

Good point. I'm just glad you're back... if only for a short while :(
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:46:31 PM
What's with all the sexuality as of late? o.0

Are some of you not getting any booty?
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 5:47:28 PM
At 4/6/2012 5:45:02 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Good point. I'm just glad you're back... if only for a short while :(

I'm not glad. If I'm here, that means I'm not good. I'm supposed to be studying. DDO is the ultimate procrastination. When I'm on DDO, it means I've exhausted all other measures of procrastination and that means I'm already hours and hours behind >.>

I need some goddamn Alprazolam >.>

Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 9:24:26 PM
At 4/6/2012 5:27:18 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Damn. I don't know if I should feel glad or sad. I checkmated the great Kleptin, but in the process lost a few more threads of insightful gold :)
And it will be true.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 9:40:42 PM
At 4/6/2012 9:24:26 PM, Indophile wrote:
At 4/6/2012 5:27:18 PM, Kleptin wrote:

Damn. I don't know if I should feel glad or sad. I checkmated the great Kleptin, but in the process lost a few more threads of insightful gold :)

Now now, don't do that nonsense. If you inflate my head and give me a sense of ego, I'll be far less willing to admit when someone has made a good point that I didn't think of.

What's the point in being here if I never admit when I'm wrong?

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 11:22:04 PM

I see what you did there...
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.