Hitler was a Genius.

CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 7:52:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hitler once said, "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature."

I am not a cruel person as depicted by American society, nor do I have the desire to be cruel. However the desire to be hostile and animalistic may lie dormant in everybody. Perhaps my desire to fit into society is just a product of social-moral conditioning. If i hadn't learned within the western world's inherently christianized educational system, hostility would come more naturally and acceptable to me. So why do you think it is wrong to be cruel?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 8:31:48 PM
At 4/15/2012 7:52:21 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

I am not a cruel person as depicted by American society, nor do I have the desire to be cruel. However the desire to be hostile and animalistic may lie dormant in everybody. Perhaps my desire to fit into society is just a product of social-moral conditioning. If i hadn't learned within the western world's inherently christianized educational system, hostility would come more naturally and acceptable to me. So why do you think it is wrong to be cruel?

Well for starters anything that Hitler endorses is something that is probably evil, and being cruel towards people who have done nothing to deserve such actions is immoral and wrong.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 8:39:29 PM
At 4/15/2012 8:31:48 PM, imabench wrote:

Well for starters anything that Hitler endorses is something that is probably evil, and being cruel towards people who have done nothing to deserve such actions is immoral and wrong.....

What are your ideas of 'evil, immoral, and wrong' and where do they stem from?
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 8:59:08 PM
At 4/15/2012 8:52:31 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

The Social Contract.

Mine come from Mein Kampf, what makes your said doctrine more valid?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:19:24 PM
At 4/15/2012 8:59:08 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

The Social Contract.

Adhering to the social contract is less likely to inspire the rest of the world to go to war with me. So, there's that.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:20:44 PM
If you step outside of your moral guidelines, war sounds fun does it not? Ever have an apple war, sword fight, pillow fight, tug o war, or any other type of war as a kid?
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:23:46 PM

Because cruelty begets cruelty, and if you naturally acted hostile, others would act hostile back, a scenario that no individual would like. It isn't objectively wrong to be cruel. But for human civilization it only falls naturally that cruelty be made unacceptable simply through mutual fear of reciprocity.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:29:59 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:23:46 PM, 000ike wrote:

Because cruelty begets cruelty, and if you naturally acted hostile, others would act hostile back, a scenario that no individual would like. It isn't objectively wrong to be cruel. But for human civilization it only falls naturally that cruelty be made unacceptable simply through mutual fear of reciprocity.

First off, opening topic guy is a complete @sshole.

Second, no. If I put a gun to your head while your unarmed you won't act hostile at all. People will only act hostility back If they are on a somewhat equal playing field.
Open borders debate:
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:35:23 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:29:59 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Are you talking about CrazyPerson?

Second, no. If I put a gun to your head while your unarmed you won't act hostile at all. People will only act hostility back If they are on a somewhat equal playing field.

I'm not talking about its practice I'm talking about the principle. No one would like cruelty therefore we make it law that cruelty is to be abolished. This doesn't mean that people won't still act cruel if they don't feel any threat of reciprocal cruelty.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:38:06 PM
Hitler once said...

I invoke the Inverse Godwin's Law:

"As an internet discussion about Hitler grows longer, the probability that Godwin's Law will be invoked approaches one."
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:40:59 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:20:44 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
If you step outside of your moral guidelines, war sounds fun does it not?

No.

Ever have an apple war, sword fight, pillow fight, tug o war, or any other type of war as a kid?

I've played those GAMES, sure. BTW, you're not very convincing.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:45:06 PM
First, how am i an @sshole?

Secondly, I assert that if one we're to grow up in a household ran by Hitler, they would share the same ideology without any choice in the matter. This says what about human nature? That it is malleable and elastic, and that its moral substance is at the mercy of conditioning.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:47:02 PM

The Social Contract.

Because the Social Contract explains why governments and societies form. Can Mein Kampf say the same?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:49:07 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:29:59 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Yeah, so they would either come back with a gun later, or dissolve into the theory of survival of the fittest.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:50:01 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:47:02 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

The Social Contract.

Because the Social Contract explains why governments and societies form. Can Mein Kampf say the same?

No, Mein Kampf does not employ such futile ideas.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:50:21 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:45:06 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

Your not.

Secondly, I assert that if one we're to grow up in a household ran by Hitler, they would share the same ideology without any choice in the matter. This says what about human nature? That it is malleable and elastic, and that its moral substance is at the mercy of conditioning.

No, not at all. As people mature they develop their own beliefs. I mean Hitler did the same. His beliefs were radically different from most people. People develop their own views. I mean my views are radically different from my parents.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:51:03 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:50:01 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 4/15/2012 9:47:02 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

The Social Contract.

No, Mein Kampf does not employ such futile ideas.

How is futile to explain why society and civilization formed?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:52:56 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:50:21 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

Your not.

No, not at all. As people mature they develop their own beliefs. I mean Hitler did the same. His beliefs were radically different from most people. People develop their own views. I mean my views are radically different from my parents.

Your views and your beliefs are very different. See, while your external views may be different, internally you share with your parents the same basic principles of morality. That is not to cheat, not to steal, not to murder.. etc. This derived from what they taught you while you were too young to develop your own ideas and these things manifest into a deep level of consciousness.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:53:15 PM
Views are always changing, beliefs are generally static.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:53:55 PM

Come on hitler was a genius because you found his quote of his amusing? Please, your trolling.

Hitler is hardly deserving of the title of genius. He was an average intelligent person w/ charisma.
Open borders debate:
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:56:58 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:53:55 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Come on hitler was a genius because you found his quote of his amusing? Please, your trolling.

Hitler is hardly deserving of the title of genius. He was an average intelligent person w/ charisma.

If there is something unconventional about this post, do tell. I am new.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 9:58:00 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:56:58 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

There's nothing wrong with this post. They just don't err agree with you. Or like your (rather Hitler's) ideas.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:00:29 PM
At 4/15/2012 9:58:00 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 4/15/2012 9:56:58 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

There's nothing wrong with this post. They just don't err agree with you. Or like your (rather Hitler's) ideas.

I don't really like his ideas either... regardless, wondering why i'm labelled a troll.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:02:26 PM

The Social Contract.

Well my dad said that cruelty is wrong.

What makes Hitler's word more valid than my dad's?
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:04:51 PM
Hitler's thoughts and statements were always final. He held his beliefs strongly and had the ability to manipulate and control over a million people. To me, that's a display of intellect. His understanding of the inner workings of militaristic, governmental, social, political, and psychological studies was far beyond the understanding of most people during that time and probably even to this day, and that's is why the Nazis succeeded for so long. It has nothing to do with what i personally feel is right or wrong-but rather how conditioning can lead one to an alternate set of moral behaviors.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:05:31 PM
At 4/15/2012 10:02:26 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

The Social Contract.

It isn't more valid.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2012 10:09:28 PM
At 4/15/2012 10:05:31 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

The Social Contract.

It isn't more valid.

That's the point.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 3:04:48 PM
At 4/15/2012 10:09:28 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
At 4/15/2012 10:05:31 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:

The Social Contract.

It isn't more valid.

That's the point.

I was just joking :P
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 3:25:21 PM
At 4/15/2012 10:04:51 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Hitler's thoughts and statements were always final. He held his beliefs strongly and had the ability to manipulate and control over a million people. To me, that's a display of intellect. His understanding of the inner workings of militaristic, governmental, social, political, and psychological studies was far beyond the understanding of most people during that time and probably even to this day, and that's is why the Nazis succeeded for so long. It has nothing to do with what i personally feel is right or wrong-but rather how conditioning can lead one to an alternate set of moral behaviors.

Eh...I wouldn't overestimate his planning abilities. He only had germany half-militarized at the time of the blitzkrieg.