Jump to topic:

George Zimmerman isn't white!

Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 10:19:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am conservative, half black half white. And because this is gonna come up and derail this thread I am just gonna say that I think George Zimmerman should not have shot Trayvon.

Anyway. Answer me this. Zimmerman is half Hispanic and half white. However the news calls him white ergo everyone thinks he is white. Even racists are defending him because of this. However I am considered black by 99% of the population! If I commit a crime, I will be "black" in all the news papers. WHY IS THIS?
kfc
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 10:28:10 AM
Cause the media loves it when some supposed racist from a majority, in this case he is, as the NYT put it, "White Hispanic", is the bad guy against a minority, in this case black people.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:49:50 AM
At 4/21/2012 10:19:50 AM, Koopin wrote:
I am conservative, half black half white. And because this is gonna come up and derail this thread I am just gonna say that I think George Zimmerman should not have shot Trayvon.

Anyway. Answer me this. Zimmerman is half Hispanic and half white. However the news calls him white ergo everyone thinks he is white. Even racists are defending him because of this. However I am considered black by 99% of the population! If I commit a crime, I will be "black" in all the news papers. WHY IS THIS?

Because, race is meaningless, arbitrary, and based on your appearance.

So, you're going to be whatever you look like and whatever people feel like calling you.

Accept it. You're not white, and you never will be.

You're a nigga, just like me.

Claim your niggahood now and do it intelligently

Before they stop caring again and start stringing us from trees.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:51:14 AM
Because it supports the twisted view that race somehow matters.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 3:48:58 PM
At 4/21/2012 11:49:50 AM, Ren wrote:

Accept it. You're not white, and you never will be.

You're a nigga, just like me.

Claim your niggahood now and do it intelligently

I don't wish to call myself white, or black. I'm actually glad im both.
kfc
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 3:52:06 PM
At 4/21/2012 11:51:14 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Because it supports the twisted view that race somehow matters.

It shouldn't realy. I was raised in a non sterotypical home. I wasn't allowed to drink kool-aid lol. What I hate is when I start talking politics or something with some black people they act like im not suppose to be smart like the white man.
kfc
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:14:53 AM
Regardless of his actual ethnic composition, Herr Zimmerman is the kind of racial-profiling, gun-toting yahoo that many rightist and racist white folks can identify with and feel defensive on behalf of. Someone who is half African American, on the other hand, is not so easy for racial-profiling, gun-toting yahoos to identify with. They're inclined to identify you more with the black bogey man who inspires them to go about racially profiling strangers and fearfully packing heat in the first place. It's quite as simple as that.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:18:09 AM
Typo correction, "bogey man" should of course read "bogeyman".
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:18:25 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:14:53 AM, charleslb wrote:
Regardless of his actual ethnic composition, Herr Zimmerman is the kind of racial-profiling, gun-toting yahoo that many rightist and racist white folks can identify with and feel defensive on behalf of. Someone who is half African American, on the other hand, is not so easy for racial-profiling, gun-toting yahoos to identify with. They're inclined to identify you more with the black bogey man who inspires them to go about racially profiling strangers and fearfully packing heat in the first place. It's quite as simple as that.

For once, I completely agree with you.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:22:05 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:18:25 AM, MarquisX wrote:

Thank you. I wish that you agreed with me more often, but I'll take what I can get.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:29:01 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:22:05 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 4/22/2012 1:18:25 AM, MarquisX wrote:

Thank you. I wish that you agreed with me more often, but I'll take what I can get.

Eh. Nothing wrong with a little disagreement here and there. Defending your cause successfully, strengthens your resolve in it, know what I mean? You're just far more left than I could ever be. That's not meant as an insult btw.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 10:31:35 AM
It doesn't matter if he is white, Hispanic or purple. It's a real shame that race-baiting racists have turned it into this nonsense. All that matters is whether or not it was murder.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 10:37:08 AM
At 4/22/2012 10:31:35 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
It doesn't matter if he is white, Hispanic or purple. It's a real shame that race-baiting racists have turned it into this nonsense. All that matters is whether or not it was murder.

He did it because he was racist. Please don't spout nonsense about how it is not possible for him to be racist if he is a minority. I don't see why minorities cannot be racist.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 10:44:01 AM
At 4/22/2012 10:37:08 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

He did it because he was racist. Please don't spout nonsense about how it is not possible for him to be racist if he is a minority. I don't see why minorities cannot be racist.

This. It was murder and the only reason people have brought racism into it is because people are claiming it was self-defense. He would have needed to defend himself if he hadn't followed the kid, so why he followed the kid is of importance.
yang.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 10:50:17 AM
At 4/22/2012 10:44:01 AM, tulle wrote:

This. It was murder and the only reason people have brought racism into it is because people are claiming it was self-defense. He would have needed to defend himself if he hadn't followed the kid, so why he followed the kid is of importance.

Plus, of course they love to assume that the African American teenager attacked. There is no evidence to prove this, however, but they make the assumption anyways. Why?
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:23:35 PM

This. It was murder and the only reason people have brought racism into it is because people are claiming it was self-defense. He wouldn't have needed to defend himself if he hadn't followed the kid, so why he followed the kid is of importance.

Fix'd.
yang.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:37:52 PM
At 4/21/2012 10:19:50 AM, Koopin wrote:

Because your catch phrase is "KFC" not "Mayo on white"
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:14:48 PM
Because the media's fvcking racist.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:17:33 PM
Here's the problem - white =/= caucasian

'White' and 'black' are pigments, not races or breeds..
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:18:01 PM
At 4/22/2012 10:50:17 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Plus, of course they love to assume that the African American teenager attacked. There is no evidence to prove this, however, but they make the assumption anyways. Why?

Your the one assuming he just randomly shot the kid, for no reason.

And you do this based on some supposedly racist comments from a edited recording!

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:21:25 PM
At 4/22/2012 2:17:33 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
Here's the problem - white =/= caucasian

'White' and 'black' are pigments, not races or breeds..

Yeah, that is one thing that annoys me about calling people different races. They aren't. They merely have different features.

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:22:35 PM

How do you know he did it because he's racist? What if he just felt like killing someone? How do you know it has to do with race at all?
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:23:20 PM
At 4/22/2012 2:18:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/22/2012 10:50:17 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Your the one assuming he just randomly shot the kid, for no reason.

And you do this based on some supposedly racist comments from a edited recording!

There's no reason to even assume that this is a case of racism either.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:23:57 PM
down in florida we all know hes hispanic, what are other people hearing!?!?!?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:26:32 PM

Oh, so keeping alive a belief in the existence of racism is the insidious goal of a race-baiting leftist (if one is at all familiar with your right-libertarian point of view it's not hard to guess to whom you're specifically referring when you indict so-called "race-baiters") conspiracy?! The continued existence and relevance of racism to the lives of minorities is just a malicious myth that we've perpetrated?! Yep, more libertarian and conservative claptrap and crapola. No, it's not true that all that matters is whether or not it was murder, in homicide cases motive matters. It matters not merely as an element of proving a case, but in sentencing, in evaluating the heinousness of the crime. If Mr. Zimmerman does in fact have a mentality tinged with anti-black fear and prejudice, and if this mentality unjustifiably locked on to Trayvon Martin merely because he was African American, merely because he fit a certain racial profile, then this does in fact contribute heavily to the heinousness of the act and most certainly is something that needs to be taken into consideration and highlighted. To deny this in the name of advocating color blindness is not enlightened, it's willfully naive, downright disingenuous, not conducive to a proper evaluation of the crime and a truly just outcome, and not conducive to the spirit of truth and reconciliation that our society needs to overcome its race problem. In other words, dear PARADIGM_LOST, the point of view that you're espousing here is wrong, simplistic, and counterproductive.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:28:03 PM
I think the end all solution here is to outlaw mirrors.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:29:47 PM
At 4/22/2012 2:23:57 PM, imabench wrote:

That he is, this is the NYT way of still passing him as some crazy racist white dude, "White Hispanic." Tell me, has anyone ever heard of that term before used?

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:43:37 PM
At 4/22/2012 2:29:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:

That he is, this is the NYT way of still passing him as some crazy racist white dude, "White Hispanic." Tell me, has anyone ever heard of that term before used?

Yes. I am Hispanic and have filled out applications which asked me to clarify whether or not I am a White Hispanic.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:53:37 PM
At 4/22/2012 2:43:37 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Yes. I am Hispanic and have filled out applications which asked me to clarify whether or not I am a White Hispanic.

Basically anything you fill out asks race and then non/hispanic ethnicity.
- - - Watts
- - - Watts
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 2:56:45 PM
At 4/22/2012 2:43:37 PM, Maikuru wrote:

I mean have you ever heard of the media call anyone that, like do you ever hear Obama being called a Black white?

My point is, they were clearly trying to brand him as a crazy racist white person.